PDA

View Full Version : Holy grail

KalEl
24th June 2012, 10:11 PM
What is everybody's current holy grail?
I will compile a list in this first post and update it as we each achieve these small victories. I will start it off :)

KalEl: Fansproject Bruticus set + Primus FP City Commander + Green Giant + Fort Max
Hursticon: MIB/MISB Takara G1 Soundwave - Pre-Rubsign release
Geigerrock-2: Deszaras
GoktimusPrime: awaiting new list
nofacej: Fansproject Superion and Fansproject Bruticus
Sky Shadow: Brave Police construction site crime scene
Ode to a Grasshopper: Classic Ultra Magnus + G2 FoC Combaticons
iamirondude: complete scorponok and fortress maximus
theshape: Gaia and Guard City
trent: Buster Prime
Raptormesh: Victory Leo
sideswipes brother: Ehobby anime reissue G1 Astrotrain
Bidoofdude: G1 Omega Supreme and United Rumble and Frenzy, G1 Shockwave/ Shackwave
theheretic: G1 Dinobots, G1 Menasor, G1 Bruticus, G1 Devastator and SkyLynx
1AZRAEL1: Fireguts Ginrai, Liokaiser, Trainbots, Black Zarack
rocman12: Grand Maximus, Metrotitan, Overlord and diaclone ultra magnus
Starscream77: G1 Overlord and Black Zarak
BigTransformerTrev: Overlord, Slipstream, MP-10 Optimus, G1 100% Complete Hardhead, G1 Computron
1orion2many: LioKaiser and StarSaber
valkyrie_76: MIB Minerva + Atariscream (Kiss Players)
Jetfire in the sky: Black Zarak and Grand Max
crankcase76: G1 Omega supreme
cat: G1 Bumper, G1 Scorponok and G1 Overlord.
Kup: Botcon 2005 Deathsaurus
lancalot: grimlock MP8x
MayzaPrime: Bumblejumper
Gofigure: G1 optimus prime
Sinnertwin: Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron.
Wheelie: G1 MISB/MIB Bluestreak
Jetfire in the sky: Jetfire in the sky
Jinto:Takara Beast Wars Ravage, Maketoys Hegemon & Henkei Anniversary BW
ILikeSoundwave: Botcon 2011 Stunticon-job giftset

Hursticon
24th June 2012, 10:16 PM
I do believe there is a thread that already exists with the same purpose dude, mind you've I've not seen it in quite some time & can't remember exactly where it's located... :o:p

Mind you:
MIB/MISB Takara G1 Soundwave - Pre-Rubsign release. :)
(A long way off at this point ;))

KalEl
24th June 2012, 10:20 PM
I do believe there is a thread that already exists with the same purpose dude, mind you've I've not seen it in quite some time & can't remember exactly where it's located... :o:p

Mind you:
MIB/MISB Takara G1 Soundwave - Pre-Rubsign release. :)
(A long way off at this point ;))

That may be the case :p but it is quite possibly out of date so why not start a new one :)

Hursticon
24th June 2012, 10:25 PM
That may be the case :p but it is quite possibly out of date so why not start a new one :)

True, in the end I suppose the 2 threads can be just merged at any time by a mod who knows where the original is hidden. ;):D

KalEl
24th June 2012, 10:26 PM
True, in the end I suppose the 2 threads can be just merged at any time by a mod who knows where the original is hidden. ;):D

If nessasary I guess lol

Slag
24th June 2012, 10:29 PM
Got mine recently. (Grand Max) :D:D
now as far as tf's go it would probably be Dezasaur
or bruticus or defensor ,but the other coloured ones (red hotspot/ white blast off, etc, etc, not sure of their proper names:o).
and pre-roadbuster..
and leo kaiser.
and white pre sunstreaker.... maybe:rolleyes::D

Hursticon
24th June 2012, 10:40 PM
or bruticus or defensor ,but the other coloured ones (red hotspot/ white blast off, etc, etc, not sure of their proper names:o).
and pre-roadbuster..
and leo kaiser.

Ooh! - I'd love a Deszaras, ooh & Leokaiser! :D
The 2 you've mentioned here would be Guard City (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/transformers-operation-combination-tf.html) & Battle Gaia (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/transformers-operation-combination-tf_29.html), check 'em out and many other rare pieces over at Heroic Decepticons Blog (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/). ;):cool:

KalEl
24th June 2012, 10:42 PM
and pre-roadbuster..
and leo kaiser.

So dezasaur is yours?

Slag
24th June 2012, 10:48 PM
Ooh! - I'd love a Deszaras, ooh & Leokaiser! :D
The 2 you've mentioned here would be Guard City (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/transformers-operation-combination-tf.html) & Battle Gaia (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/transformers-operation-combination-tf_29.html), check 'em out and many other rare pieces over at Heroic Decepticons Blog (http://heroicdecepticon.blogspot.com.au/). ;):cool:

yeah. it's all just a matter of timing and money. (sorry bout the incorrect spelling and or naming...)
i'm not holding my breath:o. i know there's a few old calibur's around but they want 500 a piece.. ... too much for me atm:(:p
i'll check the above mentioned out now:)

Slag
24th June 2012, 10:52 PM
Battle Gaia!... how nice is that artwork....
i always thought they were earlier than tf's but they are definitely part of the tf family..
there i go. learning something again:rolleyes:

Hursticon
24th June 2012, 10:53 PM
yeah. it's all just a matter of timing and money. (sorry bout the incorrect spelling and or naming...)

Apologise for what dude?, the amount of variations that Japanese named figures have spelling/pronouncing-wise is crazy; That's just how I happen to write them. ;):)

*Edit: That blog can & will teach many things. :D

griffin
24th June 2012, 11:54 PM
A new topic can be started if an older one has grown cold (and the new one inspires new interest from newer members).

GoktimusPrime
24th June 2012, 11:58 PM
TFPRiD Knock Out and Vehicon. Where for art thou?!?

Sky Shadow
25th June 2012, 12:59 AM

It's the Holy Grail Toy Scout Thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7895), but this one's good as a fresh start.

I'm kind of short on Transformers grails at the moment - no matter how ridiculous they are, if you're patient and can throw enough money at something, most can be found. Right now the closest thing to a TF grail is probably the Brave Police construction site crime scene - the maroon version of Ironworks. If anyone ever sees one, please let me know!

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/6059/photo36f.jpg
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8129/photo31ed.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3193/photo14uw.jpg

nofacej
25th June 2012, 01:15 AM
I would really like to get my hands on Fansproject Superion and Fansproject Bruticus but I can't justify spending that much on either of them right now.

Ode to a Grasshopper
25th June 2012, 07:56 AM
TFPRiD Knock Out and Vehicon. Where for art thou?!?Hero Gangu, Osaka.;)
But knowing your stance on inflated prices, you'll be better off waiting.

I've actually picked up most of my grails, the only remaining one is a Classic Ultra Magnus to fill out my CC armor. I can probably toss in G2 FoC Combaticons there too.

5FDP
25th June 2012, 09:19 AM
I've acquired all of my grails. The only toys I want are yet-to-be-released but I can live without them therefore I wouldn't refer to them as 'grails' (see sig).

iamirondude
25th June 2012, 02:53 PM
mine would have to be a complete scorpinok and fortress maximus and also a a spare room to house my collection in

KalEl
25th June 2012, 06:15 PM
all been added to list, keep it up guys

Sam
25th June 2012, 08:59 PM
My one is not exactly a figure. I'd love to be able to draw like a professional artist can when it comes to Transformers.

But there's not a lot of time for me these days to practice my lineart.

theshape
25th June 2012, 09:56 PM
Current grail- black zarak

Future grail- one of the expensive jap items like liokaiser or road caesar

Trent
27th June 2012, 06:06 PM
Mine would have to be Buster Prime. Surprising because it's from the bayverse but I want it none the less. Just don't want to pay what eBay is asking.

KalEl
28th June 2012, 06:13 PM
guys remember to let me know if you get your grail :)

kreh80
7th July 2012, 08:33 PM
Alright, one day I'm going to be the proud owner of a MIB G1 Optimus Prime. One day.

Raptormesh
8th July 2012, 05:11 PM
Victory Leo, actually I would prefer a new version with better engineering or articulation.

GoktimusPrime
8th July 2012, 08:21 PM
Robot Master Victory Leo has similar engineering to the G1 figures, but at a smaller scale and cheaper price. The main difference is that the inner robot doesn't have the Brainmaster partner that comes out.

nofacej
9th July 2012, 12:07 AM
guys remember to let me know if you get your grail :)
Nowhere near actually achieving my holy grail, but I did just purchase Energon Terradive which means I now own one of Superion's feet (pending delivery).

If anyone's wondering why I bothered to buy Energon Terradive when the RotF Superion set comes with all 5 figures. The reason is that I found a really cool custom Superion that I intend to recreate for myself which requires 2 of the Energon Superion figures, 3 RotF Superion figures, G1 Superion's head and the Fansproject upgrade kit (obviously) which is going to be a slightly more expensive way of doing it, but will look incredibly awesome once completed. Plus this way I feel like I'm getting slightly closer to my goal without actually spending the much larger sums required to acquire the two more expensive components of Fansproject Superion.

sideswipes brother
9th July 2012, 09:36 AM
Ehobby anime reissue G1 Astrotrain.

GoktimusPrime
9th July 2012, 10:17 AM
Officially that reissue is called "Proto Colour" Astrotrain, because it's based on his prototype colours that we saw in the catalogues -- which the cartoon was also based on (so coincidentally the colours are also match the 'toon). :)

Here's a little photocomic to satiate you in the meantime. ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Deleted%20Scene/astrotrain%20and%20devastator/astrostator01.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Deleted%20Scene/astrotrain%20and%20devastator/astrostator02.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Deleted%20Scene/astrotrain%20and%20devastator/astrostator03.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Deleted%20Scene/astrotrain%20and%20devastator/astrostator03a.jpg

---------------------------------

New grail for me: Transformers Prime Arms Micron War Breakdown

KalEl
10th July 2012, 01:19 PM
Got one of my grails today! FP Bruticus set!

SuspectimusPrime
10th July 2012, 06:53 PM
Robot Master Victory Leo has similar engineering to the G1 figures, but at a smaller scale and cheaper price. The main difference is that the inner robot doesn't have the Brainmaster partner that comes out.

I've been wanting this for a while - it seems to stand well with Classicsverse characters. How does it feel in-hand?

GoktimusPrime
10th July 2012, 07:07 PM
He's just under 13cm, including the antennae... so he's shorter than most Deluxes, but taller than a Scout. But the very G1 aesthetic kinda clashes with the more contemporary look/feel of Classicsverse.

Raptormesh
10th July 2012, 09:00 PM
He's just under 13cm, including the antennae... so he's shorter than most Deluxes, but taller than a Scout. But the very G1 aesthetic kinda clashes with the more contemporary look/feel of Classicsverse.

Can't seem to find any on ebay save one black version that goes for $300....

ouch.

GoktimusPrime
10th July 2012, 11:58 PM
The black one's a limited eHobby exclusive which came in a 2 pack w/ a black, purple and gold repaint of RM Victory Leo. The set originally sold for 3360JPY ($41). The regular RM Star Sabre was available either individually for 1480JPY ($18) or you could get the RM Victory Sabre set for 2900JPY ($36). I went with the latter.

nofacej
23rd August 2012, 10:07 PM
You can cross Superion off my list.

GoktimusPrime
23rd August 2012, 10:59 PM
Crosses Transformers Prime Knock Out, Fall of Cybertron Shockwave & Jazz off my list as of last weekend. ;) Current grail: TF Prime RiD Vehicon (and later the jet Vehicon)

KalEl
25th August 2012, 02:45 PM
updated

Bidoofdude
25th August 2012, 03:22 PM
G1 Omega Supreme
United Rumble and Frenzy

theshape
25th August 2012, 05:42 PM
Ill update mine to liokaiser now. Cheers

KalEl
25th August 2012, 11:21 PM
Ill update mine to liokaiser now. Cheers

did you get your other or adding to it

theshape
2nd September 2012, 12:37 AM
I've got a zarak now, looking for a liokaiser

KalEl
3rd September 2012, 06:51 AM
I've got a zarak now, looking for a liokaiser

awesome dude post some pics up :0

theshape
4th September 2012, 12:26 AM
awesome dude post some pics up :0

I actually got him a while back. My next grail would have been Grand Max which i recently got. Next toy i really want is Liokaiser

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/TheShape84/IMG_20120903_221814.jpg

KalEl
4th September 2012, 09:05 PM
I actually got him a while back. My next grail would have been Grand Max which i recently got. Next toy i really want is Liokaiser

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/TheShape84/IMG_20120903_221814.jpg

what the hell do you do for work haha

GoktimusPrime
4th September 2012, 09:51 PM
Weee! Got 3 more grails today! (see Sept acquisitions thread!) :D

theheretic
4th September 2012, 10:05 PM
Add me to the list. Got a few I want. G1 Dinobots, G1 Menasor, G1 Bruticus, G1 Devastator, G1 Superion and SkyLynx. Reissue would be fine by me :-)

KalEl
4th September 2012, 11:44 PM

new list plz

5FDP
5th September 2012, 09:00 AM

No disrespect Goki but I think you're missing the point of a 'Holy Grail' item... or maybe it's me :confused: In my opinion it should be an item that you've found extremely hard to acquire either due to it's price and/or rarity, reasonably vintage, and your ULTIMATE collecting goal.

theheretic
5th September 2012, 09:30 AM
Hehe. He has a new grail every week :-D

GoktimusPrime
5th September 2012, 09:55 AM
No disrespect Goki but I think you're missing the point of a 'Holy Grail' item... or maybe it's me :confused: In my opinion it should be an item that you've found extremely hard to acquire either due to it's price and/or rarity, reasonably vintage, and your ULTIMATE collecting goal.
I don't actively collect vintage, so my wants are current/future stuff. MP Sunstorm is expensive ($150) and rare, but not vintage... can he count? And there have been some regular retail stuff which aren't limited per se or expensive (and definitely not vintage), but I've just personally found them impossible to find in local stores -- i.e. TFPRiD Knock Out, FoC Jazz, FoC Shockwave. They may flood store shelves later, but thus far I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I still can't find TFPRiD Vehicon anywhere, so he feels like a grail to me. It's kinda like the Ultra Transmetal 2s in 1999... they weren't really limited exclusives and weren't vintage, but I could never find them anywhere! The search for those buggers was just downright angst-ridden aggravation... so when I finally did get them (directly from Hasbro RI) it really felt like I'd obtained some kind of 'holy grails'.

My future expensive and rare/limited wants are:
+ United Artfire
+ Amazon exclusive MP Soundwave
+ Amazon exclusive MP Lambor
...I've pre-ordered them all, but yeah... they feel like grails to me.

But if you guys would prefer to limit the definition of 'grail' to something that is vintage, rare and expensive, then that's fine... I'll withdraw from this thread until ya know... I get Time Warrior for cheap (har!!). :p

5FDP
5th September 2012, 11:09 AM
But if you guys would prefer to limit the definition of 'grail' to something that is vintage, rare and expensive, then that's fine... I'll withdraw from this thread until ya know... I get Time Warrior for cheap (har!!). :p

That's just my thoughts on what I believe constitutes a 'Grail'; if your ultimate collecting goal was to acquire MP Sunstorm then who am I to tell you that you're wrong, but since I've known you - which has been a number of years now, you've made it quite clear that you would love to own Time Warrior. Which do you rate higher - Time Warrior or MP Sunstorm? Whichever the answer, that's your Holy Grail ;)

GoktimusPrime
5th September 2012, 01:03 PM
Best of both worlds... MP Time Warrior. :p :D

Paulbot
5th September 2012, 02:48 PM
This is an Australian-exclusive reprinting of the original Marvel limited series (with a few pages removed from issues 3 and 4 including the cliffhanger). I bought this at the Noble Park newsagent something like 25 years ago and, as you can see it's been well loved.

It's a pretty rare item, but it would be great to get another copy in very nice condition (if such a thing exists!).

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9v18elzXN1qbguy1o1_500.jpg

theheretic
5th September 2012, 04:35 PM
What's time warrior? Link to pics?

theheretic
5th September 2012, 04:46 PM
Also does anyone know if any of my grains have been KOed? So I can look into them before purchase. I already know Dinobots have been.

Ode to a Grasshopper
5th September 2012, 07:59 PM
What's time warrior? Link to pics?This thing. (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Time_Warrior)

AFAIK most of your own grails have been KOed at one point or another, not sure about Sky Lynx.

theheretic
5th September 2012, 08:10 PM
That watch is cool!

Had a research of my grails this afternoon and discovered the KO horror fest. KO's have been what's kept me from my Dinobots :-( Now I'll have to walk through these mine fields too.

Starscream77
5th September 2012, 09:05 PM
Got one of my grails today.. G1 Scorponok!!!

KalEl
7th September 2012, 10:00 PM
Got one of my grails today.. G1 Scorponok!!!

Very awesome

valkyrie_76
7th September 2012, 11:00 PM
Not an official grail (still waiting for it) but this is a very good stand in:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i354/valkyrie1976/P1080208.jpg

A very nice and complete Brave Max (I am still waiting for a Takara Fort Max to arrive).

KalEl
8th September 2012, 09:11 PM

A very nice and complete Brave Max (I am still waiting for a Takara Fort Max to arrive).

Envious!!!
Whats your current one?

1AZRAEL1
10th September 2012, 03:19 PM
I figure I should get my name added to the list as well :p

Fireguts Ginrai, Liokaiser, Trainbots, Black Zarack.

I am starting to chase the harder figures to acquire, now that I have a better paying job :p

rocman12
10th September 2012, 08:04 PM
My current Holy grail is Grand Maximus, but others i want to add to the list are Metrotitan, Overlord and the diaclone ultra magnus. I would like to add Black Zarak as well, but i'll probably break it, so im staying right away!

theheretic
10th September 2012, 09:04 PM
Is there a reputable online source for pre-TF's/diaclones?

Starscream77
10th September 2012, 09:08 PM
Next to get on my list is MP Grimlock

rocman12
10th September 2012, 09:11 PM
Is there a reputable online source for pre-TF's/diaclones?

I've never heard of one.

theheretic
10th September 2012, 09:14 PM
Where do you guys get them then? I've always wanted triple changer but never known how to even find one.

KalEl
11th September 2012, 05:55 PM
list updated

BigTransformerTrev
12th September 2012, 12:45 PM
My Holy Grails were to have a 100% complete G1 Fortress Maximus & Scorpnok and was lucky enough to get them this year! Having our first child in December so purchases like that will never come around for me again :(

My new Holy Grails are:
Overlord (whom with the new budget will probably never afford)
Slipstream (I used to belong to the collectors club but not anymore)
MP-10 Optimus (and hopefully that will happen next month!)
G1 100% Complete Hardhead
G1 Computron

1orion2many
12th September 2012, 02:29 PM
:confused:Haven't been actively chasing anything lately as they seem to fall in my lap so to speak, eg - Blue Bachaus from Valk and in the process of aquiring a second MetroTitan but this one is complete and without a Suntan:D. I may actively start chasing LioKaiser and StarSaber but that is towards the end of the year as I need to pay off some nice people who are holding things for me:)

1orion2many
12th September 2012, 02:31 PM

Only just got mine out the other night to give him a dust off, My Wife accused me of aquiring it recently which I didn't:rolleyes::D

KalEl
12th September 2012, 03:23 PM
Only just got mine out the other night to give him a dust off, My Wife accused me of aquiring it recently which I didn't:rolleyes::D

i always cop that lol

GoktimusPrime
12th September 2012, 09:12 PM
Heh, same thing happened with me last night because I was shelving a bunch of toys that I acquired recently but haven't gotten around to shelving yet. :p

theheretic
14th September 2012, 09:21 PM
4 of 5 Aerialbots confirmed to be G1 either on the way or sitting in my 'pile of loot'
2 of 5 Stunticons original G1's on the way

No complete Grails but very nearly one. At first I thought trying to get G1's would be a bad experience but I've gotta say that by reading about the differences between KO's and originals I've learnt a lot and it has made the chase more fun :-)

SuspectimusPrime
15th September 2012, 12:52 AM

I usually get accused, but tonight I got caught out red handed; girlfriend saw my profit/loss whilst I was indiscreetly dwelling over :o

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2012, 09:02 AM
My wife notices if I spend so much as $7 on a Legion Class toy! Last week I purchased the Havoc pack for Fall of Cybertron, I was gonna tell my wife about it but I ... forgot. :p A few days later she had a couple of questions for me. :o

4 of 5 Aerialbots confirmed to be G1 either on the way or sitting in my 'pile of loot'
2 of 5 Stunticons original G1's on the way

No complete Grails but very nearly one.
I would consider each of those individual Aerialbots and Stunticons as grails. The good thing about collecting gestalt teams slowly, member by member -- especially in the case of G1 as the gift sets were never released here -- you get to appreciate/enjoy each toy individually. Often when you get a gestalt team all at once, you see each toy as just a "component of one toy." When I get gestalt gift sets (post-G2), I make an effort to play with and enjoy each toy for its own merit. Usually I'll set the other toys aside and just play with that one toy by itself... like set up a mission where for some reason he's separated from his team members. :)

At first I thought trying to get G1's would be a bad experience but I've gotta say that by reading about the differences between KO's and originals I've learnt a lot and it has made the chase more fun :-)
You are a far more patient man than me, sir. :) I find hunting for current toys which haven't been KOed yet downright infuriating. :( (T-T)

theheretic
15th September 2012, 10:19 AM
Chasing the G1's has been fun so far but I don't get that enjoyment out of finding current toys. Almost everything is ordered through BBTS and it's not often I miss what I want there. I collect all the deluxes and voyagers and have done that for HFTD/RTS (missed the fallen voyager), Generations (missing Asia exclusives for the moment), DOTM (missed a few exclusives as there was so many) and got all of TF Prime RID (no FE's but got a few Jap AM's that aren't coming here). It's more like a routine getting these, I do love them but there isn't a chase.

It will be the end of the month before I ship my POL because I'm waiting for FOC Bruticus, but when it gets here I'll post my mini Grails. Technically I have Motormaster too but it's one of the few toys I have from my childhood and it's in pretty poor condition with no accessories. So I'll need to get him again.

valkyrie_76
15th September 2012, 02:44 PM
Envious!!!
Whats your current one?

My HOLY GRAIL!!!!! is a MIB Minerva but that saucy minx is going to cost me a packet (or a liver or a kidney) and the other one I want is Atariscream from the Kiss Player series.

Gouki
15th September 2012, 05:43 PM
My 'Holy Grail' is on it's way. As part of my solidify everything into Classic/Universe (because I like my toys to be more than stylish bricks, generally), I took advantage of the almost $30 discount on Stepper at BBTS and ordered him.

theheretic
16th October 2012, 03:50 PM
Forgot to post this when I completed it last month. While this wasn't originally on my grail list it is a Holy Grail to me. The reason I didn't include it in was that I wasn't actively seeking the missing parts and had not expected to claim this prize for a few more years...but opportunity knocked.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l483/theheretic17/HFTD/226EE0CD-A8CA-4BD4-944D-0A8DB839BA40-14815-0000194DD3A3A89B.jpg

I am still looking to replace the faded Insecticons box though. Unfortunately the original owner displayed its side (visible in the above pic) in direct sunlight, resulting in one side losing a lot of its green colour.

Bidoofdude
16th October 2012, 05:20 PM
A G1 Shockwave/ Shackwave...:D:cool::D:D:):):):cool::eek:

theheretic
16th October 2012, 06:15 PM
A G1 Shockwave/ Shackwave...:D:cool::D:D:):):):cool::eek:

I'd love one!

Jetfire in the sky
17th October 2012, 09:30 AM
As with a few others my Holy Grails are Black Zarak and Grand Max. :)

theheretic
20th October 2012, 09:43 PM
Sitting in my Pile Of Loot;

G1 Slingshot and all accessories (last missing member of Aerialbots)
G1 Dragstrip and all accessories
G1 Wildrider and all accessories
G1 Deadend and all accessories

This means I have all members (and accessories)of the Aerialbots
and all members of the Stunticons, although I have no accessories for Motormaster...yet

theheretic
9th November 2012, 10:27 PM
Okay cross off G1 Superion for me. And I have all 5 stunticons, just no menasor parts yet.

crankcase76
9th November 2012, 10:40 PM
looks like one of my grails will be obtained of a member at the fair even if it is a re issue, i would like to consider Omega supreme one of mine.:D:D

KalEl
11th November 2012, 10:20 AM
list updated

Slag
11th November 2012, 10:30 AM
I've paid for mine:D:D but i don't actually have it yet:( and i'm going to wait and bundle a few things with it to bring down the postage cost.

theshape
11th November 2012, 11:21 AM
I've paid for mine:D:D but i don't actually have it yet:( and i'm going to wait and bundle a few things with it to bring down the postage cost.

Congrats mate, look forward to seeing some pictures!

KalEl
11th November 2012, 12:54 PM
Congrats mate, look forward to seeing some pictures!

let us know when you get it :)

crankcase76
11th November 2012, 11:22 PM
Had a bit more of a think and have come up with a few more grails I'd like to add to my list,:D.

1. Alternators mirage.
2. G1 superion
3. G1 computron
4. G1 mirage , not the KO's I copped.
5. G1 wheeljack, same as above.
6. G1 sunstreaker, same as above.
7. G1 trypticon
8. G1 insections, all 3.

Cat
12th November 2012, 03:33 AM
G1 Bumper is my big one, followed very closely by G1 Scorponok, and G1 Overlord.

I really want the South American white Bumper too, 'Sedan'. The cardback would be great to have too, to see his original character art in person.

theshape
13th November 2012, 09:51 AM
Can i please add Dinoking and Grandus. Cheers!

KalEl
14th November 2012, 05:27 PM
Can i please add Dinoking and Grandus. Cheers!

of course you can

GoktimusPrime
7th December 2012, 01:23 PM
TFPRiD Vehicon, TFPRiD Vehicon, where for art thou, TFPRiD Vehicon?!? :(

Btw, should this thread be merged with the old Holy Grail thread (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=38), or maybe the old thread can be closed? <shrugs> :confused:

kup
8th December 2012, 08:08 PM
My current Holy Grail has become Botcon 2005 Deathsaurus. A few years ago I stupidly passed up a few opportunities of getting it at a decent price because I wasn't that interested. Recently the toy has grown on me and I regret not taking the opportunity :(

I have never seen 2005 Deathsaurus go for more than $100 but it is now super hard to find at all!

SuspectimusPrime
8th December 2012, 09:18 PM
My current Holy Grail has become Botcon 2005 Deathsaurus. A few years ago I stupidly passed up a few opportunities of getting it at a decent price because I wasn't that interested. Recently the toy has grown on me and I regret not taking the opportunity :(

I have never seen 2005 Deathsaurus go for more than $100 but it is now super hard to find at all!

Really? I've been chasing this figure for some time as well, probably not as adamantly as you, but I've seen it go for upwards of $160, loose condition from Spain, about 18 months ago (can't recall if that included shipping).

I don't own any of the previous two versions of this mould, but I really like that head sculpt :) Also have zero interest in the rest of the contents of the Botcon 2005 box set.

kup
8th December 2012, 09:47 PM
Really? I've been chasing this figure for some time as well, probably not as adamantly as you, but I've seen it go for upwards of $160, loose condition from Spain, about 18 months ago (can't recall if that included shipping).

I don't own any of the previous two versions of this mould, but I really like that head sculpt :) Also have zero interest in the rest of the contents of the Botcon 2005 box set.

I am talking about the last time I saw it which was about 4 years or so ago ;)

Bidoofdude
9th December 2012, 01:13 PM
Still ol' omega for me.

SuspectimusPrime
12th December 2012, 05:25 AM
I am talking about the last time I saw it which was about 4 years or so ago ;)

It's made another once every two years appearance (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-BOTCON-2005-DESZARAS-DEATHSAURUS-/281036132962?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item416f0f1262&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1414)!

Unfortunately I refuse to deal with Candian International Post :(

Ploughmans Lunch
12th December 2012, 09:28 AM
Just Headmasters and Gestalts I guess. Wouldn't mind a reissue versions of Leozack/Leokaiser (or whatever), Monstructor(noGPSplz)/Dinoking and Raiden.

I dunno nothing really special I guess.

GoktimusPrime
13th December 2012, 05:13 PM
Finally found and acquired TFPRiD Vehicon today from Big W!! YES!!! :D

crankcase76
19th December 2012, 11:25 PM
Can cross of a grail in the alternators mirage as I finally picked one up for a fairly good price, also picked up a Encore Omega supreme from the Parra fair. But the original G1 is still the grail so far.

GoktimusPrime
19th December 2012, 11:36 PM
How much was ALT Mirage, if you don't mind me asking?

theshape
31st March 2013, 10:17 PM
Can mark off grandus and dinoking for me , add black shadow and blue bacchus. Cheers

Sinnertwin
31st March 2013, 10:28 PM
Hmmm, mine right now would be the lucky draw henkei galvatron

lancalot
4th April 2013, 09:03 PM
Mine is a grimlock MP8x !!

Kazza
4th April 2013, 10:02 PM
Mine is a grimlock MP8x !!

+1, Did you buy one lancalot?

DELTAprime
4th April 2013, 10:19 PM
I've wanted a BlackZarak ever since I first saw him on TFWiki. Doubt I'll ever be able to get one because of how rare, fragile and expensive he is, but I can dream.

lancalot
4th April 2013, 11:40 PM
+1, Did you buy one lancalot?

the link i sent you ...when i acutally got a friend to order it , it was out of stock...~:mad::mad:
ooohhhh well the search continues :D

Kazza
4th April 2013, 11:57 PM
the link i sent you ...when i acutally got a friend to order it , it was out of stock...~:mad::mad:
ooohhhh well the search continues :D

Oh that sucks.:( Yeah the hunt continues for me as well.

KalEl
18th October 2013, 09:35 PM
Let me know if you're on the list and you have updated since.

Also if you aren't on the list please join in, post in the thread and i'll add you to the list.

Now for my update! GRAIL ACHIEVED!!!
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/null_zpsa001e2cf.jpg (http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/KalElofKrypton87/media/null_zpsa001e2cf.jpg.html)

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/null_zps560f99cf.jpg (http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/KalElofKrypton87/media/null_zps560f99cf.jpg.html)

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/null_zps3dab78b4.jpg (http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/KalElofKrypton87/media/null_zps3dab78b4.jpg.html)

Obviously requires its stickers.

Starscream77
18th October 2013, 10:08 PM
Nice score mate

I had forgotten about this thread, can update mine as I picked up MP Grim a while ago
Mine is now G1 Overlord and Black Zarak

MayzaPrime
18th October 2013, 10:46 PM
One of my holy grails, Bumblejumper or Bumper whatever takes your fancy :D

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b599/Mayzaprime/20131010_172624_zpsbf96d5ff.jpg

Gofigure
19th October 2013, 02:21 PM
Love these threads :)

Mine without question

G1 optimus prime mib (mint condition or close to)

My stand out present from '85

theshape
19th October 2013, 03:30 PM
Can you update me:

Add: Battle Gaia and Guard City and remove: the rest :D

lancalot
19th October 2013, 03:50 PM
Let me know if you're on the list and you have updated since.

Also if you aren't on the list please join in, post in the thread and i'll add you to the list.

Now for my update! GRAIL ACHIEVED!!!

Congratz both you and Mayza , must been a great day when you unwrap it from the delivery box :cool:

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th October 2013, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I got mine (the Ultra Magnus replete with CC set) a while back too, and he/they was/were totally worth the wait and hefty cost. My current plan is to eventually sell off the MIB CC set and Henkei Magnus I've now got spare as part of a Henkei/United '86 Movie main cast set, but I'm still missing a few characters.
I haven't opened the G2 Combaticons yet (and to be fair they weren't really a 'grail' so much as a 'want'), but thanks to Hursti they've been acquired as well.
I'd quite like a BW Tripedacus set, but it's more of a 'want' than a 'Grail'. I am sorta chasing an Overlord, but it's more to complete my LSotW main characters set than 'cos I really want it in and of itself, so I probably wouldn't list it as a Grail either.

The only thing that really qualifies as a 'grail' as such for the moment are the MMC Feralcons, and even then I'm trying to wait for a probably-eventually box set. If we're allowing 3rd Party stuff then by all means add them in, otherwise I'm Officially TF-Grail-less.

Sinnertwin
19th October 2013, 05:34 PM
Mine's still the same; Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron. All i need to complete my Decepticon Henkei collection.

lancalot
22nd October 2013, 06:31 PM
Mine's still the same; Lucky Draw Henkei Galvatron. All i need to complete my Decepticon Henkei collection.

Now that a grail !! :eek::cool: even if you actually found one for sale i can't even imagine how much it would cost!

Zommael
22nd October 2013, 06:48 PM
I view the holy grail as being the end of my toy-buying quest, the last figure I am ever likely to buy. That is and always has been Fortress Maximus, for me; I've never been able to afford it, even when it was reissued. But with the release of Metroplex trumping him as the largest TF, I may now never buy Fort Max. The journey is more important than the destination.

Wheelie
22nd October 2013, 09:03 PM
Please put my grail down as a G1 MISB/MIB Bluestreak

KalEl
22nd October 2013, 10:37 PM
updates done

Jetfire in the sky
23rd October 2013, 12:25 PM
WOOHOO!!! Please mark of Black Zarak for me. So, so, happy :):):)

SuspectimusPrime
23rd October 2013, 02:08 PM
MISB Botcon 2005 Deathsaurus. Acquired last month.

This figure has become something of an obsession for me. I never owned a copy of the original mould, nor was I very interested in it. But there's something about this colour scheme that looks so badass to me. Not the most expensive modern-TF (post-G1/G2) out there, but damn it's been hard to track down - spent 3 years on and off chasing it. Every time I would acquire something that has taken me days or weeks to find, I would think back to Deathsaurus. Really wanted to kick myself when a minty one was sold for $160-shipped, just 2 years ago (I found out because I was doing a random eBay completed listings search, and realised it the auction only finished days ago).

Been bogged down with work since a long time, so right now he stands in a closet in robot mode, not even transformed once.

Sinnertwin
23rd October 2013, 02:10 PM
Now that a grail !! :eek::cool: even if you actually found one for sale i can't even imagine how much it would cost!

You wouldnt have any gold paint lying around somwhere, would you? ;)

Jinto
24th October 2013, 06:17 AM
Mine would be Takara Beast Wars Ravage, Maketoys Hegemon & Henkei Anniversary BW Dinobot.

ILikeSoundwave
26th October 2013, 05:18 PM
My grail would be the Botcon 2011 Stunticon-job giftset, I know there is one for sale on the forums but it's currently too expensive for me to buy.

Cat
26th October 2013, 05:40 PM
Just noticed mine needs to change. I own a G1 Bumper, and now my grail is Estrela Bumper, aka Sedan - Green, White. And G1 MOC Bumper (CJ card is all we know it came on atm). Also Microchange Bumpers. Is that too many grails of the one guy? :o

Jetfire in the sky
26th October 2013, 06:46 PM
Just noticed mine needs to change. I own a G1 Bumper, and now my grail is Estrela Bumper, aka Sedan - Green, White. And G1 MOC Bumper (CJ card is all we know it came on atm). Also Microchange Bumpers. Is that too many grails of the one guy? :o

Too many Bumpers I'd say :p An MOSC Bumper, now that would be something :eek:

GoktimusPrime
15th June 2014, 10:57 PM
FINALLY got an Alternators Mirage today at SupaNova! I've been wanting this toy since 2006, but it was never released in Australia. I did get BT Mirage, but it's only clear -- really wanted a normal coloured version. I could never find one at AU RRP ($45) until today (well, $5 above, but near enough :o :p).

Sky Shadow
15th June 2014, 11:20 PM
Right now the closest thing to a TF grail is probably the Brave Police construction site crime scene - the maroon version of Ironworks.

It only took two years, but... target acquired!

http://s21.postimg.org/3k6mfmjkn/IMG_20140615_230146.png
http://s21.postimg.org/xngjttxg7/IMG_20140615_230309.png

Very interesting orientation choice in terms of the packaging, considering the squareness of the Micromaster Station boxes.

My next grail would be a full set of the black Reverse Evolution Sixturbo Turbo Team. (Which is annoying as I used to own three of them and sold them back when I was even more of a fool.)

GoktimusPrime
16th June 2014, 06:50 AM
Good luck. Not many people can boast about having black discharge without needing medical attention. ;)

RagingBull
21st June 2014, 12:09 PM
my holy grail would be a botcon transmetal tigertron and transmetal ravage they got in japan.

i would also love to have a complete collection of beast wars incl the japanese ones

Slag
21st June 2014, 03:37 PM
Nice one Sky Shadow, I know you've been chasing that one for a while.
I think there are a few black editions on ebay atm.
Although 2 are throwing out the old "99% complete" i think they're about 9 bucks each but 25 for postage. + one in a sealed bag for 25 + 25 for postage

Oberon Sexton
21st June 2014, 08:35 PM
TFC Hercules. Always mean to put away money for it, but then there's always some new useless stuff that I must have... sigh...

griffin
9th September 2014, 10:44 AM
A major pain-in-the-butt loose end for me has been the last Gen1 UK annual (in 1991/92 - with the five Dinobots on the cover)... and after many searches and missed auctions, I finally won a copy (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-ANNUAL-1988-amp-TRANSFORMERS-ANNUAL-1992-MARVEL-COMICS-/271592408662?ssPageName=ADME%3AL%3APMR%3AAU%3A1123&nma=true&si=3brAd3CM70f1VicJ9D3EKxE0Vi8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557).

I can't remember how much I bid, and I don't get emails from ebay anymore confirming bids (???), but it wouldn't have been much above what I won it for (I was desperate, but not that desperate to go more than 40 pounds). Unfortunately, UK Pounds can be rather deceptive, as the exchange rate to AU$ ends up making almost double the numeric value that I bid (in pounds). I may have won it for £38 (GBP), but that ended up being AU$66 plus postage (£7 - AU$13).
It was still at £8 when I placed the bid, hoping that since it hadn't attracted too much attention yet, it would stay cheap. But someone else really wanted it too... bidding (http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=271592408662&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565)£2 at a time (http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=271592408662&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565), until finally giving up close to what I think I bid.

Now to track down the remaining seven issues of the original UK comic I'm missing... which usually sell for big bucks. :(

ChlorHex
9th September 2014, 11:44 AM
A major pain-in-the-butt loose end for me has been the last Gen1 UK annual (in 1991/92 - with the five Dinobots on the cover)... and after many searches and missed auctions, I finally won a copy (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-ANNUAL-1988-amp-TRANSFORMERS-ANNUAL-1992-MARVEL-COMICS-/271592408662?ssPageName=ADME%3AL%3APMR%3AAU%3A1123&nma=true&si=3brAd3CM70f1VicJ9D3EKxE0Vi8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557).

I can't remember how much I bid, and I don't get emails from ebay anymore confirming bids (???), but it wouldn't have been much above what I won it for (I was desperate, but not that desperate to go more than 40 pounds). Unfortunately, UK Pounds can be rather deceptive, as the exchange rate to AU$ ends up making almost double the numeric value that I bid (in pounds). I may have won it for £38 (GBP), but that ended up being AU$66 plus postage (£7 - AU$13).
It was still at £8 when I placed the bid, hoping that since it hadn't attracted too much attention yet, it would stay cheap. But someone else really wanted it too... bidding (http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=271592408662&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565)£2 at a time (http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=271592408662&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565), until finally giving up close to what I think I bid.

Now to track down the remaining seven issues of the original UK comic I'm missing... which usually sell for big bucks. :(

Can't believe you paid that much! :eek:
I had those and more (with the Dinobot one still sealed in plastic)... got them when I was kid.
Sold them off for less than 10 bucks for all after begging a fellow collector to take em off my hands... That was like 2 years back.
That's how it is eh? Lol.
I kept them for so long in mint condition and just decided to clear off all my comics and TF related books when I went thru a sudden need to cull phase.
Maaaaaan.......

drifand
9th September 2014, 12:21 PM
I am not sure how many people consider this as a holy grail
But I was hoping for a reissue of train raiden and that did not happened and most likely never will.

Always loved train robots as a kid.

Sinnertwin
9th September 2014, 01:04 PM
Congrats on the Grails guys :D
Mine's still the same, Lucky Draw Galvatron. I might find a loose Hasbro Deluxe and just get the sucker gold plated.

Raptormesh
9th September 2014, 05:47 PM
My grail used to the be old G1 Star Saber, but having put in a pre-order for MP-24 earlier today I haven't been this excited about a TF(or any macross jets) for a long time! Just sharing :)

autobreadticon
9th September 2014, 07:48 PM
man I would love a AFA G1 'Bumblejumper' on Cliffjumper card, so damn fine:o

CyberiusPrime
9th September 2014, 07:57 PM
My holy grail consists of the following:
G1 Technobots/Computron
G1 Stunticons/Mensaur
G1 Aerialbots/Superion
G1 Protectobots/Defensor (sp?)
G1 Trypticon
G1 Metroplex (even though i like the titan one better)
G1 Dinobots
G1 Shockwave

The tragic thing is i used to have these until my mother decided i was too old for Transformers and sold them on me when i went to a week long school camp.

The last list here is more of a personal wishlist, but i would love to see Hasbro do Masterpiece figures of the other dinobots

TAAUBlaster
10th September 2014, 05:18 PM
I would love to get a nice, straight and mint MISB G1 Prowl (Japanese or US - I'm not picky :p )
I've always loved the character, but I have never owned a genuine G1 version of him (got the reissues though)

GoktimusPrime
10th September 2014, 08:47 PM
FWIW HasTak's reissues are genuine. :o Both of my G1 Prowls are reissues, my original was the 1990 reissue and my other is the TFC reissue which I only obtained earlier this year (or late last year?). So both are reissues purchased over 20 years apart from each other. I still have the box art from my Classic Prowl too (I clipped it out and saved it at the time). ;)

KalEl
11th September 2014, 11:36 PM
best i better update this soon lol

theshape
12th September 2014, 09:28 AM
You can remove guard city for me please :)

BigTransformerTrev
12th September 2014, 09:47 AM
My new Holy Grails are:
Overlord (whom with the new budget will probably never afford)
Slipstream (I used to belong to the collectors club but not anymore)
MP-10 Optimus (and hopefully that will happen next month!)
G1 100% Complete Hardhead
G1 Computron

In the past year knocked off Slipstream, MP-10 Optimus and G1 Computron :D. Nearly knocked off Hardhead a few times but he is always just that tiny bit too expensive for me to justify to myself buying

Skullcruncher
12th September 2014, 09:51 AM
I don't think I have a grail, did I post prior? No idea. Everything I want is out there somewhere.

Something I have never seen and doubt it exists is a pink soundwave decoy. But I'll keep my eyes open for it. Just like the guys who spend mega $$$ looking for noahs ark :D

You can remove guard city for me please :)

Nice, what was your attraction/reason for buying this?

theshape
12th September 2014, 07:22 PM
Nice, what was your attraction/reason for buying this?

I really like:
1. G1
2. Japanese G1
3. Japanese G1 repaints
3. Rare/Obscure items

and im a moron :o

MayzaPrime
12th September 2014, 07:33 PM
I have been rather lucky when it comes to my holy grail.

Fortress Maximus, thank goodness for encore
Bumper/Bumblejumper, I managed to get it for $100

My next holy grail, is the complete G1 collection which is only 5 figures away. After that it will have to be X-9 Jaguar
Then SG 2008 Box set (only need Op, SS and Jazz)

CoRDS
12th September 2014, 10:24 PM
as a Masterpiece collector. Hotrod/Rodimus prime

TT or hasbro ,even the B variant if i could but would prefer the normal colours.

i would to love be able to set up my figures to re-create the matrix hand over scene from the 80s movie but i just cant find one without impossibly expensive shipping

Kapryiath
13th September 2014, 03:17 AM
there's a bunch of rodimus's (rodimi?) floating around on the web atm try ebay? that are supposedly official product that have had there joints fixed and are being sold without a box might be a good way to pick one up if you don't mind the missing box

CoRDS
13th September 2014, 07:36 AM
there's a bunch of rodimus's (rodimi?) floating around on the web atm try ebay? that are supposedly official product that have had there joints fixed and are being sold without a box might be a good way to pick one up if you don't mind the missing box

ebay isnt an option for me (we blacklisted it as a way to not be broke) and it was the first hard unchangeable rule I set when i decided to start collecting

drifand
13th September 2014, 07:42 AM
ebay isnt an option for me (we blacklisted it as a way to not be broke) and it was the first hard unchangeable rule I set when i decided to start collecting

Mistake, ebay can get some absolute bargains from time to time where all else fail. As much as it is a place where there are scalpels , there are the occasional people who just sell off items reasonably.

Example, my takara sunstorm was purchased at $145.
That's cheaper than rrp

CoRDS
13th September 2014, 07:56 AM
Mistake, ebay can get some absolute bargains from time to time where all else fail. As much as it is a place where there are scalpels , there are the occasional people who just sell off items reasonably.

Example, my takara sunstorm was purchased at $145.
That's cheaper than rrp

unfortunately its a condition of my collection

Skullcruncher
15th September 2014, 01:08 PM
I really like:
1. G1
2. Japanese G1
3. Japanese G1 repaints
3. Rare/Obscure items

and im a moron :o

Ha, I tried to connect with zone and operation combination but I cannot bring myself to take that step. Some days even masterforce is a stretch. I will continue to buy the same G1 items, upgrading every little scratch and flap crease. Till all are gone! :o

drifand
15th September 2014, 01:20 PM

Come on... That's rubbish what if that was a final piece of your collection at a nice price?

I know what you are on about for ebay and yes I accept that it's no longer a good place to buy stuff but there are so many things not just toys alone that are ahead than what you can be paying.
Like anything I would do my homework before I buy from ebay.

But of course if this is your own oath you taken personally to enjoy collecting what you are collecting, I guess that's that. I can understand if it's a sort of a challenge that you stick by it.

Bidoofdude
15th September 2014, 01:24 PM
I have my ultimate goal and holy grail as a collector: Transformers Animated Voyager Thundercracker. I know there are only a few known to exist, but it's my dream to get one someday.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s380/Bidoofdude/tfanimatedthundercracker_zpsd9c7bc66.jpg (http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/Bidoofdude/media/tfanimatedthundercracker_zpsd9c7bc66.jpg.html)

Just so beautiful.

CoRDS
15th September 2014, 04:50 PM
Come on... That's rubbish what if that was a final piece of your collection at a nice price?

I know what you are on about for ebay and yes I accept that it's no longer a good place to buy stuff but there are so many things not just toys alone that are ahead than what you can be paying.
Like anything I would do my homework before I buy from ebay.

But of course if this is your own oath you taken personally to enjoy collecting what you are collecting, I guess that's that. I can understand if it's a sort of a challenge that you stick by it.

its a silly rule yes :) life is dull without some silly.
its a combination of my built in hatred for ebay and my ability to impulse purchase. where would the thrill of the hunt be of trying to find one be if i could always just ebay it. this is why shopping for food is boring :)

part of the enjoyment of collecting of rme is finding them. and then talking myself into buying it.

ChlorHex
15th September 2014, 05:46 PM

I respect that.
Demonstrates good discipline and self control.
Stick around this forum as there are always collectors off loading their items :)

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2014, 11:25 PM
Yay! A fellow non-eBayer! :D <fist.bump>
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/fistbump_zpseeadc0d8.jpg

theshape
15th September 2014, 11:46 PM
Ha, I tried to connect with zone and operation combination but I cannot bring myself to take that step. Some days even masterforce is a stretch. I will continue to buy the same G1 items, upgrading every little scratch and flap crease. Till all are gone! :o

Yeah i can see where your coming from. A big part of it for me was when i stumbled across some japanese g1 items in a shop in HK on my honey moon (had no idea what they were). This re-ignited the tf spark for me and i think that thrill is there everytime i see japanese g1 toys

griffin
16th September 2014, 02:00 PM

Ebay is like a fat kid going to a candy store to pick up a single pack of jelly beans because that's what he's craving... but ends up going home with a bag full of sweets that he doesn't need.
:o

Sinnertwin
16th September 2014, 02:06 PM
Ebay is like a fat kid going to a candy store to pick up a single pack of jelly beans because that's what he's craving... but ends up going home with a bag full of sweets that he doesn't need.
:o

Or it's time that tubby learnt some self discipline ;) :p

GoktimusPrime
16th September 2014, 02:32 PM
Mwahahahahahahahaha! :D
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/roflcopter.jpg

BigTransformerTrev
16th September 2014, 02:33 PM
I have my ultimate goal and holy grail as a collector: Transformers Animated Voyager Thundercracker. I know there are only a few known to exist, but it's my dream to get one someday.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s380/Bidoofdude/tfanimatedthundercracker_zpsd9c7bc66.jpg (http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/Bidoofdude/media/tfanimatedthundercracker_zpsd9c7bc66.jpg.html)

Just so beautiful.

I don't think I've seen him before - looks fantastic!

Sky Shadow
16th September 2014, 02:49 PM
I don't think I've seen him before - looks fantastic!

That toy comes from a utopian alternate universe where Animated never ended and people can eat rainbows.

griffin
16th September 2014, 02:53 PM

I think I lost the meaning of that word about two thousand toys ago... :o

Bidoofdude
16th September 2014, 03:40 PM
That toy comes from a utopian alternate universe where Animated never ended and people can eat rainbows.

Hand me my wormhole.

SuspectimusPrime
16th September 2014, 06:57 PM

Just so beautiful.

Holy crap I didn't know he existed! :eek::eek:

MayzaPrime
16th September 2014, 07:49 PM
I ordered one of my holy grails, the Botcon set Dawn of Future's past and Darksyde Megatron & Waspinator set.

I got it from the TFCC archive sale today.

:D

griffin
16th September 2014, 08:56 PM
Holy crap I didn't know he existed! :eek::eek:

Aside from one or two packaged samples, it doesn't (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Unreleased_toy#Animated).
Looks nice though.

autobreadticon
16th September 2014, 09:59 PM
man there is this rattily MOC Estrela Gears on ebay that someone could offer $490 outside of eaby, down from $750 BIN. Its tempting but given the crap XE rate and wasted opportunities when coupon deals were available, I think this can wait. but damn the money people spend on loose Optimus vs Malingus minibots, crazy

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=lindabraga2009&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

$350+ for a loose minibot :o

crankcase76
16th September 2014, 10:32 PM

Just so beautiful.

Damn! I wish they had of released him. Would have been awesome to have the seekers in animated.:(

Bidoofdude
17th September 2014, 01:27 PM
Aside from one or two packaged samples, it doesn't (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Unreleased_toy#Animated).
Looks nice though.

I know Peaugh has (or had at least) one and another sold at auction. It will be a long time before I get him, if at all. I do hope Hasbro or Takara release him at some point in the Generations line or something.

SuspectimusPrime
17th September 2014, 03:04 PM
I do hope Hasbro or Takara release him at some point in the Generations line or something.

Probably a low likelihood of this happening. I can only see Animated figures being brought back via TFCC/Botcon/FSS lines. Probably not as a Botcon-theme as they need to make up for 12-14 figures, and there aren't many unique moulds left that hasn't been repainted? Unless you go out on a limb with a whole lot super-obscure repaints (even more obscure that existing retail repaints) - Thundercracker/Dirge from Starscream, Deadlock/Drift from Blurr, Doubledealer from Blitzwing, Diaclone UM from UM, Axxor from Lockdown, Trailcutter from Sentinel Prime (?), Chromia/Firestar/Moonracer/Nautica from Arcee, Smokescreen/Bluestreak/Streewise/Rapido from Prowl, and multitudes of niche Bumblebee repaints...

MayzaPrime
17th September 2014, 09:14 PM
Probably a low likelihood of this happening. I can only see Animated figures being brought back via TFCC/Botcon/FSS lines. Probably not as a Botcon-theme as they need to make up for 12-14 figures, and there aren't many unique moulds left that hasn't been repainted? Unless you go out on a limb with a whole lot super-obscure repaints (even more obscure that existing retail repaints) - Thundercracker/Dirge from Starscream, Deadlock/Drift from Blurr, Doubledealer from Blitzwing, Diaclone UM from UM, Axxor from Lockdown, Trailcutter from Sentinel Prime (?), Chromia/Firestar/Moonracer/Nautica from Arcee, Smokescreen/Bluestreak/Streewise/Rapido from Prowl, and multitudes of niche Bumblebee repaints...

Wasp from Bumblebee would be a given, which I would be happy with :D
Hound from Swindle
Sunstreaker from Rodimus/Sideswipe
Smokescreen/Bluestreak would be better from Jazz IMO

Slag
17th September 2014, 09:34 PM
I know Peaugh has (or had at least) one and another sold at auction. It will be a long time before I get him, if at all. I do hope Hasbro or Takara release him at some point in the Generations line or something.

how limited a number are you talking? it does look good.

Bidoofdude
17th September 2014, 09:57 PM
how limited a number are you talking? it does look good.

Those two are actually the only ones I know of. As said with the G2 Stunticons on TFW, there are probably a lot more out there that people just aren't sharing with the online community.

Sinnertwin
17th September 2014, 10:28 PM
Those two are actually the only ones I know of. As said with the G2 Stunticons on TFW, there are probably a lot more out there that people just aren't sharing with the online community.

Of course there would be, it's not like they would've just made two and said "ok, that's it, shut it down" :D

Slag
19th September 2014, 06:38 PM
Of course there would be, it's not like they would've just made two and said "ok, that's it, shut it down" :D

A friday arvo run perhaps.

That's one...

that's two..

that's thhhhhh. nope.. , #@(^ it! shut it down, i'm going home.. seeya Monday.

happens all the time round here:p

Megatran
25th September 2014, 10:51 PM
What keeps me going is finding Starscream Secret Version. I may never see one let alone own one.

Sky Shadow
25th September 2014, 11:17 PM
What keeps me going is finding Starscream Secret Version. I may never see one let alone own one.

TFwiki is oddly inaccurate about that one (I just had a look). In 2000-2001, I knew two different people who had the toy, so it's not like "it was not even 100% known what the toy looked like until a picture of it appeared in Transformers Generations 2009" and although there may have only been five offered as Lucky Draw prizes, it was a production run of twelve.

Megatran
26th September 2014, 07:37 AM
^ Wow, didn't realise this. I've doubled my chance of getting one then. The probability of me owning one is now 0.000000000001. That's good enough for me. :D

CyberiusPrime
26th September 2014, 07:05 PM
I've decided to readjust my grail list:

G1 Combiners - Superion, Computron
G1 Trypticon and metroplex
Not Menasor
Green Giant
Quantron
Utopia
Dinobot Combiner - Extinction

Slightly cut down list

griffin
28th September 2014, 06:35 PM

It finally arrived, and it is even more awesome than I was expecting.
Not only does it have the first of Simon Furman's epilogues to the Gen1 cartoon (Another Time and Place), but it also has seven of the B&W UK stories from 1989 to 1990, in FULL COLOUR! (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers_Annual_1992)
I never realised that or took notice of it before... and after a couple of past attempts to get those B&W stories re-released in colour, I think
these are the only seven stories that ended up being colourised.

http://www.toycollectors.com.au/collections/griffinofoz/1409d.jpg

Sky Shadow
28th September 2014, 07:21 PM
It is a great annual (you accidentally typed cartoon instead of comic.)

I never realised that or took notice of it before... and after a couple of past attempts to get those B&W stories re-released in colour, I think
these are the only seven stories that ended up being colourised.

The Big Shutdown was coloured too.

griffin
28th September 2014, 07:53 PM
It is a great annual (you accidentally typed cartoon instead of comic.)

D'oh.

The Big Shutdown was coloured too.

I thought there was one somewhere at the end of the comic run, and that's the one I was thinking of. I just couldn't find it when I had a quick look this afternoon. :o

BigTransformerTrev
21st October 2019, 03:41 PM
Finally after all these years - through the combined help of UltraMarginal, Trent and Fatbot - I finally scored an Animated Blackout :)

Raider
14th November 2019, 12:31 PM
Just got back from Japan and saw two grails in person in touching distance; G1 Big Powered and Black Zarak. My you turned to despair when I calculated the cost.... $2,700 each! GTFO... not mint either....

On a happy note, managed to pick up one grail; an almost complete Grand Maximus for a great price. Missing big sword but has the G1 Fort Max sword instead. Good enough! Getting that thing home in one piece was no easy task.

GoktimusPrime
11th December 2019, 11:17 AM
TR Crashbash or LG Servant. I must own one of these Chickenformers, bock bock!

GoktimusPrime
13th December 2019, 12:24 AM
Got LG Butla yesterday. I now own a chicken Transformer. (T_T)

Now... if only they'd make a bus

CyberiusPrime
4th February 2020, 10:07 PM
My holy grail - Dawn of Predacus Boxset,

GoktimusPrime
29th October 2020, 09:36 PM
Current Grails: Netflix Bumblebee and Soundwave.

P.S.: I've managed to source a Soundwave, but if anyone could help me with Bumblebee, please drop me a PM! :)

Jetfire in the sky
11th November 2020, 09:40 PM
Just got back from Japan and saw two grails in person in touching distance; G1 Big Powered and Black Zarak. My you turned to despair when I calculated the cost.... $2,700 each! GTFO... not mint either....

On a happy note, managed to pick up one grail; an almost complete Grand Maximus for a great price. Missing big sword but has the G1 Fort Max sword instead. Good enough! Getting that thing home in one piece was no easy task.

Two good Grails there, especially Big Powered. I've massively minimised any TF collecting now but G1 Grand Max is the last of the big ones for me. He has dropped in price over the last year or so which puts him well and truly on the table. Raider keep an eye on Artfire/Chuck's webpage he has had some decently priced Big Powered and related items at good prices in the last nine months. http://artfire2000.chuckliuphotography.com/

Flukey
12th November 2020, 09:27 PM
For my G1 collection my current wants/needs
Earthrise Seeker 2 pack and Seeker Elite
Netflix Soundwave w/Ravage and Laserbeak
Siege Shockwave

While for Movieverse
SS 44 Optimus Prime

GoktimusPrime
28th November 2020, 09:36 PM
Earthrise Runamuck and Cyberverse Thunderhowl are my current grails

Tha_Phantom
28th November 2020, 11:01 PM
Ticked off quite a few grails this year. My last G1 grail is a GiG Prime with the plastic wheels for my Prime variants shelf. My ultimate grail is technically not a Transformer, but TF related, being a light blue Micro Change Volkswagen.

Jaxius._
29th November 2020, 12:12 AM
Besides the galaxy force red exillion my current grail is a bunch of ER Alicons

Was hoping there’d be at least some stock so i could place a laybuy of 3 at kmart (with a few netflix figures and what not) but hes nowhere to be found

Ode to a Grasshopper
29th November 2020, 11:13 AM
I've got to admit, while they're not quite 'Grails' in terms of sheer want-y-ness, Earthrise Skywarp.Thundercracker, the Siege Rainmakers, and ER Runabout are pieces I want quite a lot that are freaking hard to find for not-ridiculous prices.

I've recently decided that I want a reissue G1 Ultra Magnus too, I loved that toy as a kid but never bothered picking one up in Japan. There were a LOT of reissue Magnuses there though, so it's not super-elusive/rare/expensive like a Grail is supposed to be IMO.

griffin
30th November 2020, 12:23 AM
I think some people don't know what a "holy grail" means.

A holy grail is something that you've been hunting for, for a very very long time, because it is really rare, or hasn't been released for a long while... like the "real" grail.

Something that is currently in release, especially a regular release item, is just an item on your current shopping listing when out shopping or browsing online stores.
Posting up currently-released items cheapens it for the other people who are excitedly posting up their long-sought-after rare items that they spent a lot of time (years) hunting down.

Tha_Phantom
1st December 2020, 02:07 PM
I think some people don't know what a "holy grail" means.

A holy grail is something that you've been hunting for, for a very very long time, because it is really rare, or hasn't been released for a long while... like the "real" grail.

Something that is currently in release, especially a regular release item, is just an item on your current shopping listing when out shopping or browsing online stores.
Posting up currently-released items cheapens it for the other people who are excitedly posting up their long-sought-after rare items that they spent a lot of time (years) hunting down.

I agree with the above.

Also, there seems to be two different holy grail threads. Can they possibly be merged or is that too hard by this point?
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/38-Transformers-Holy-Grails-and-Loose-Ends/page8

GoktimusPrime
19th December 2020, 10:24 PM
Studio Series Jazz is proving quite elusive. Since yesterday I have driven 99.2km searching various Kmarts for this toy with no result.

The quest continues...

1AZRAEL1
20th December 2020, 12:14 PM
Holy Grail stuff for me is pretty much all Soundwave stuff like the G1 Juniors and design centre and cassette player. Also the funky coloured 2003 Universe tank, and the Machine Wars one too.

Also, Robot Heroes Sharkticon, the only one I don't have.

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2022, 01:10 PM
Recently acquired Action Master Megatron (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/19005-Vintage-Gen1-Toys-and-merchandise-(1984-1992)?p=655133#post655133).
So now my Anglophone G1 collection is 94.3% complete (430/456).

I don't aim to have a 100% Anglo G1 collection, but there are now only 3 other G1 toys that I would like to have.
Finback ← just bought one; awaiting postage
Action Master Inferno
Kick-Off

I also wouldn't mind a Targetmaster Scourge (he's the only G1 Targetmaster that I don't have); but I don't fancy my chances of ever coming across one. :p
I'm a very passive and opportunistic collector of second hand toys; these aren't things that I actively hunt out but will grab if the chance to buy one at a relatively low price crosses my path. ;)

Seraphim Prime
5th October 2022, 03:19 PM
Recently acquired Action Master Megatron (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php/19005-Vintage-Gen1-Toys-and-merchandise-(1984-1992)?p=655133#post655133).
So now my Anglophone G1 collection is 94.3% complete (430/456).

I don't aim to have a 100% Anglo G1 collection, but there are now only 3 other G1 toys that I would like to have.

Nice work!

Out of interest, what are the 26 figures left for 100%?

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2022, 07:52 PM
Nice work!
Merci beaucoup, monsieur!

Out of interest, what are the 26 figures left for 100%?
1985 Mini Spy (Toyota Type)
1987 Scourge (Targetmaster)
1989 Crossblades
1989 Vroom
1989 Skyhammer
1989 Roadblock
1990 Inferno (Action Master)
1990 Kick-Off
1990 Sprocket
1990 Retro
1990 Surge
1990 Full-Barrel
1990 Overflow
1990 Gutcruncher
1990 Cement-Head
1990 Terror-Tread
1991 Circuit
1991 Rumbler
1991 Omega Spreem
1991 Windmill
1991 Double Punch
1991 Take Off
1991 Turbo Master
1991 Overlord
1992 Rescue Force Jet

The biggest wants from this list would be Targetmaster Scourge, AM Inferno and Kick-Off. I don't care if I get the AMs as just bare bots with no partners or accessories. I don't fancy my chances of ever having a TM Scourge. I wouldn't mind an Overlord either, but again, don't rate my chances. :p As ever I am very much an opportunistic passive collector of G1 rather than a more active collector. If the chance to get these toys at relatively cheap prices comes my way then I'll bite, but I'm not inclined to actively hunt them down and throw boatloads of cash for them. As you can see, with the exception of Overlord, none of the toys on my "wants" list are anything to write home about. :p Bunch of Action Masters and Micromasters, GPS-ridden Ultra Pretenders, underwhelming Mega Pretenders etc.

Cos let's face it, when it comes to Action Masters, if you've played with one you've played with them all (unless the weapon/vehicle particularly excites you). ;)

GoktimusPrime
10th February 2023, 09:52 PM
I've paid for my MP Skyfire and its shipping in full. Just waiting for it to arrive. :)

Choos
27th February 2023, 09:58 PM
a modern Masterpiece Grimlock is what I want the most, not for $500-$1,000 though I could never afford it.

Cat
27th February 2023, 11:27 PM
I am kinda thinking I can't live without acquiring a TE-01 Op Leader clear, I have the money put away for one but can't stand the thought of postage again.

Where have you been shopping with
expensive shipping for what looks like a 3rd party item? Does ShowZ have it? They're fantastic, cheap and shipping is literally just a couple of bucks add-on.

DELTAprime
27th February 2023, 11:46 PM
I am kinda thinking I can't live without acquiring a TE-01 Op Leader clear, I have the money put away for one but can't stand the thought of postage again.

Hey, I see you're new here. Please keep all discussions of third-party items in the third-party section of the forum in order to make life easier for our moderators if Hasbro ever enforces their copyright against third-parties.

KELPIE
3rd March 2023, 01:23 PM
I've paid for my MP Skyfire and its shipping in full. Just waiting for it to arrive. :)

I know it's been discussed in this thread before, however this is a real stretch at it being a grail in any sense of the word.

Choos
12th March 2023, 12:08 PM
Hey, I see you're new here. Please keep all discussions of third-party items in the third-party section of the forum in order to make life easier for our moderators if Hasbro ever enforces their copyright against third-parties.

Apology will do, amended now.

Where have you been shopping with
expensive shipping for what looks like a 3rd party item? Does ShowZ have it? They're fantastic, cheap and shipping is literally just a couple of bucks add-on.

Thank you, wasn't as worried about the price of the shipping I was really concerned about shipping damage or the item not being correct and then not being able to return it. Anyway all worked out from Saviers Toys :)

DELTAprime
13th March 2023, 12:46 AM
Why do I have a very bad feeling that Legacy Galaxy Shuttle is going to be a holy grail for me?

Choos
10th May 2023, 10:06 PM
MP-20+ Anime Wheeljack, don't exactly need him but would be nice just out of my financial reach.