PDA

View Full Version : DOTM Deluxe Cyberglyphics figures

kreh80
2nd July 2012, 09:39 PM
Hi all,

While the sales are on I am chasing the DOTM deluxe Jazz, Bee and Spacecase. The figures with the clear finish and covered in the cyberglyphics. The other deluxes up here are going for $14 I'd like to get them for the sale price.

If anyone finds the trio, and is feeling like mailing them to me, could you pm me and I'll send the payment through.

If I locate them before anyone contacts me I will edit the post.

Thanks very much everyone

Kurt

SuspectimusPrime
21st July 2012, 11:42 AM
DOTM Space Case is one fine repaint and a solid toy in-hand. Did not see many of them on shelves for long so I would suggest you look the the secondary market:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-3-DOTM-Movie-Deluxe-Space-Case-TARGET-NEW-/320727535057?pt=Figuren&hash=item4aacd9cdd1
- About $32, which is what you would pay is you found this guy shelf-warming at Myer/DJ's - the only retail outlets that has a slight possibility of having this guy in stock.

The original mold's transformation is in-genius, and despite this is a repaint that replaces main body components with translucent plastic (grey wing bits), the quality of plastic used is not brittle at all. :)

kreh80
21st July 2012, 03:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks very much for the info on him. Looks like ebay will be the way to go. I seen Jazz and Arcee in hand as another collector has them up here. I really like the translucent panels and the cyberglyphics added on just made them apealling to me.

Thanks again.

SuspectimusPrime
21st July 2012, 04:41 PM
Hi,

Thanks very much for the info on him. Looks like ebay will be the way to go. I seen Jazz and Arcee in hand as another collector has them up here. I really like the translucent panels and the cyberglyphics added on just made them apealling to me.

Thanks again.

I haven't chased after the other DOTM scanning series, but I know what you mean about translucent plastics! Every now and then one really appeals to me despite the dangers and concerns the plastic may raise.

If only I had the disposal income for these horrific temptresses:
http://tfsource.com/public_img/reduced-image_2731_106.jpg

kreh80
21st July 2012, 05:16 PM
Jeez, I didn't even know there were clear versions of these figures. I just had a quick look at ebay and see what you mean about having the cash for these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-PROTOFORM-OPTIMUS-PRIME-STARSCREAM-LIMITED-/320678313244?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4aa9eabd1c

I was stoked at getting the MOSC Protoform Optimus the other day too. :D

Be good to be able to collect all the clear versions. The lucky draw clear ROTF optimus is another one I like.

What is meant by the plastic "raising" ?.

Oh, and I knew appealing didn't look right when I typed it.:)

SuspectimusPrime
21st July 2012, 06:46 PM
Jeez, I didn't even know there were clear versions of these figures. I just had a quick look at ebay and see what you mean about having the cash for these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-PROTOFORM-OPTIMUS-PRIME-STARSCREAM-LIMITED-/320678313244?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4aa9eabd1c

I was stoked at getting the MOSC Protoform Optimus the other day too. :D

Looks like the price went up again! I think a year ago these were only $200ish including shipping. I haven't got the original molds of these yet - skipped out of them when they were at retail, but eventually I'll get around to it :)

Be good to be able to collect all the clear versions. The lucky draw clear ROTF optimus is another one I like.

Would be awesome to have an entire glass cabinet or even a small shelf of translucent robots and then set up some nice lights behind them :D

What is meant by the plastic "raising" ?.

Every now and then one really appeals to me despite the dangers and concerns the plastic may raise.

I meant that whilst the translucent plastic may look nice, the compound that allows it to be translucent, does not allow it to be flexible. When I was transforming my Animated Stealth Lockdown, I gave a lot of care and was only nudging it apart, and still managed to snap one of its pegs (where the arms join together above the chest). Previous before this I kept it stored safely bubble wrapped, and away from sun/moisture/dust. :(

kreh80
21st July 2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that. I didn't know that the plastic was brittle.
I'm glad I asked.

You read my mind with the idea on the glass cabinet and the lights. Would look fantastic.

One day...:)

Have a good weekend mate.

SuspectimusPrime
21st July 2012, 09:27 PM
Space Case made that exception though. The plastic is quite durable :)

Cheers!
SP