PDA

View Full Version : Superion Maximus : Yay or Nay?

lcz128
21st June 2008, 05:12 PM
I have recently become compelled by the awesomes of combiners - but - I like poseable ones :b SO! What do people think of this particular one? Yay/Nay? and how much should I pay for one? :)

THanks guys :D

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 05:49 PM
Dirge's review says it's OK:

mirror.cliffbee.com/reviews/esuperion.php

This one went last night for cheap:

cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Energon-Superion-Maximus-combiner_W0QQitemZ270246253931QQihZ017QQcategoryZ7 53QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But it's unknown if it's complete.

lcz128
21st June 2008, 05:57 PM
I actually wanted to buy it in that auction and had set it up to bid. BUT. auto reboot of computer screwed me over. Frickin' Windows update!!! <_<;

WHat's a good price for it though??? :S Thanks bud :D

Pulse
21st June 2008, 07:22 PM
Personally, I wouldn't buy him. There are much cooler newish combiners than him (RID Railracer or Ruination come to mind :)).

iceburn
21st June 2008, 08:54 PM
Dirge's review says it's OK:

This one went last night for cheap:

cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Energon-Superion-Maximus-combiner_W0QQitemZ270246253931QQihZ017QQcategoryZ7 53QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/cgi.ebay.com.au/Transformers-Energon-Superion-Maximus-combiner_W0QQitemZ270246253931QQihZ017QQcategoryZ7 53QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

But it's unknown if it's complete.

Ohh who won it. *hehe*

Paid yesterday and seller sent it this morning to me.
Seller found the connecting piece for the weapons hence the only incomplete part from what i can see are the 2 energon stars. seller also sent it with the instructions.

lcz, I'm actually after one mini-part of windrazor/treadshot hence will be willing to sell it off at the price i won for...PM if interested

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 09:01 PM
Dibs if he doesn't want it

ADDENDUM:

Personally, I wouldn't buy him. There are much cooler newish combiners than him (RID Railracer or Ruination come to mind :)).

From an articulation perspective, JRX (Railracer) does indeed rule, but if Ruination is what I think it is (redeco'd Bruticus?), articulation ain't it's forté.

Pulse
21st June 2008, 09:32 PM
From an articulation perspective, JRX (Railracer) does indeed rule, but if Ruination is what I think it is (redeco'd Bruticus?), articulation ain't it's forté.

I have both gestalts & for their imposing-factor alone, they totally kick ar#e! :D

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 09:36 PM
I agree. I'm a huge fan of Bruticus too, but LCZ wants articulation.

dirge
21st June 2008, 09:48 PM
If you want Articulation, JRX is hard to pass up. I'd recommend him over the US version (Railracer), since Hasbro screwed up the missiles in the US release. JRX isn't too hard to find (liqdeal on eBay has the set).

FWIW, I'd easily recommend Bruticus over Superion.

Paulbot
21st June 2008, 09:48 PM
Out of the three Energon Getsalts, Superion Maximus doesn't the best combined form, but I like each of the individual three toys a lot )whereas the other two both have better combined modes but one toy I don't like that much).

Pulse
21st June 2008, 09:49 PM
I agree. I'm a huge fan of Bruticus too, but LCZ wants articulation.

In that case, lcz128 hunt down a Railracer/JRX - You won't be disappointed! :)

jaydisc
21st June 2008, 09:51 PM
Can anyone elaborate on the differences between Energon vs. Superlink with regards to Superion and Bruticus?

FFN
21st June 2008, 10:36 PM
Colours, basically. I believe the SL set is simply closer to G1 Bruticus.

dirge
21st June 2008, 10:56 PM
The biggest difference - the SL set has two green tanks - the yellow one from the Hasbro line up is a metallic kiwi fruit sort of green, rather than that odd tennis ball yellow.

STL
23rd June 2008, 12:25 AM
I like Superion Maximus. He's my recommendation. JRX is great too down the line.

i_amtrunks
24th June 2008, 10:39 AM
Out of the three Energon Getsalts, Superion Maximus doesn't the best combined form, but I like each of the individual three toys a lot )whereas the other two both have better combined modes but one toy I don't like that much).

Could not agree more.

Bruticus Maximus is the only Energon Combiner I bothered with though.

STL
24th June 2008, 11:23 AM
My Superlink Bruticus Maximus rocked up this morning and I'm in love. :D

I think he looks just plain awesome.

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 07:26 PM
plain awesome.

That's paradoxical.

iceburn
25th June 2008, 12:50 PM
Looks like this purchase is missing.... hasn't arrived yet and its Wednesday (3 days after item was sent on Saturday from Sydney)

dirge
25th June 2008, 03:43 PM
Australia Post can be like that. It took 6 days for a parcel from Thanatos to arrive here (Brisbane-Sydney).

Pulse
25th June 2008, 03:45 PM
Patience Mate, Patience... :) (You might even get a nice little suprise when it does show up ;))

iceburn
26th June 2008, 12:30 PM
yeapp..thanks guys. it's here...a couple of days late :P

jaydisc
26th June 2008, 12:33 PM
yeapp..thanks guys. it's here...a couple of days late :P

Give 'em negative feedback :D

iceburn
26th June 2008, 12:49 PM
already gave positive for great communications. he even replied me yesterday