PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod/Rodimus Trailer

Bidoofdude
11th July 2012, 01:32 PM
Wassup bots and cons, wondering if there is a 3rd party trailer or something that can somehow fit onto RTS Hot ROd to make him Rodimus Prime. I realise his truck mode is slightly different to his car mode, but if it goes over the top of about half his car mode, it would kinda look like Rodimus Prime. And, BTW, i am NOT getting the fansproject protector thing. The MP-09 trailer is kinda big so yeah. Thsi should probably go into 3rd party but since it has no actual product listed, I'm gonna put it in the Qs Section. Thanks a lot.

griffin
11th July 2012, 01:50 PM
Thsi should probably go into 3rd party...

Yep. Any specific query, sale, discussion or purchase of unlicensed items, goes in here.

UltraMarginal
11th July 2012, 01:52 PM
The only one I'm aware of is the fansproject protector trailer. Sorry I cna't be any more help. I doubt anyone else will try to make another as they did a pretty good job from what I've seen.

Trent
11th July 2012, 06:06 PM
The only one I'm aware of is the fansproject protector trailer. Sorry I cna't be any more help. I doubt anyone else will try to make another as they did a pretty good job from what I've seen.

Yeah FP protector armour is what you want. However I believe (others can correct me if I'm wrong) that RTS hot rod is a different colour to the classics/Henkei hot rod that the armour was designed to go with.

Other than that, I have the protector armour (and sidearm add on) and think its great! Love the truck mode.

kup
11th July 2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah FP protector armour is what you want. However I believe (others can correct me if I'm wrong) that RTS hot rod is a different colour to the classics/Henkei hot rod that the armour was designed to go with.

Other than that, I have the protector armour (and sidearm add on) and think its great! Love the truck mode.

RTS hotrod is a very different color to Henkei/Classics.

The Protector Armor is only designed to color match Henkei/Classics.

SuspectimusPrime
11th July 2012, 06:50 PM
Doubt Fansproject will be looking to release a recolour to match RTS Hot Rod, as it's not in line with their look (which is more modern Classicsverse).

I was actually hoping they'd release a recolour to match TFCC Sideburn - not sure why we need a blue upgraded Sideburn, but then again don't know why evil Rodimus needed a scythe.

kup
11th July 2012, 06:53 PM
I was actually hoping they'd release a recolour to match TFCC Sideburn - not sure why we need a blue upgraded Sideburn, but then again don't know why evil Rodimus needed a scythe.

Because it's cool ;)

Bidoofdude
11th July 2012, 09:03 PM

Compared them, they are a very different colour scheme. They are quite similar thoguh, and I can see them fitting together,even with that colour difference. Didn't realise the protecter armour transformed into a trailer, might be worth considering. What's the cheapest price I can get one at? TFSource is ok for $80-90 but could i get it cheaper. TBH, i don't think they look great on him in robot mode, but wow! it looks great on altmode. I could always not put the armour on on robot mode. Does the trailer stay in one piece when taken off Rodimus or are they parts stuck to different parts of him. Thanks for the info, might reconsider.

Trent
11th July 2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah it stays in one piece.