PDA

View Full Version : SDCC Lego Star Wars Rancor Pit!

Bidoofdude
12th July 2012, 10:49 AM
It has been revealed at a press conference that the 2013 set Rancor Pit is being revealed on Saturday at San Diego Comic con. Hopefully it will link to the Jabba's Palace set released earlier in the year. (sourced from FBTB) Credit goes FBTB. So what is your speculation? A big Rancor minifig like the Wampa or cave troll, or something different. Minifigs are a tough one as we already have luke in the skiff. Maybe a gammorean or 2 seeing as they are generic army building guys. So comment on what you think and again a big thanks to FBTB - www.fbtb.net- coverage on all news Lego related.

Bidoofdude
13th July 2012, 10:26 AM
Just found a revealed picture. big thanks to Blogspot. Looks good, confirmed to attach to Jabba's palace. Very well done Lego, bravo! Credit goes to blogspot and this youtube guy. This is officially announced for 2013 and was shown at SDCC 2012. Heres a youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLQXsBbBAA&feature=related

Felelu
13th July 2012, 07:19 PM
I hope to get some stuff:D

jaydisc
13th July 2012, 08:46 PM
Yup. Static pic here too: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/TBA_Rancor_Pit. It was actually posted on a Twitter image hosting site by Lego themselves with a Hobbit caption. Then they realized it and pulled it.

Looks awesome, and you can tell by looking under the base of Jabba's Palace that it'll integrate quite nicely. I'm very excited about this, and can't wait to see what else they announce on Saturday, which has been reserved for [Lego] Star Wars announcements!

Golden Phoenix
13th July 2012, 11:16 PM
I am not sold on it yet. The rancor itself looks awesome, but the rest of the set I find lacking. Even when I think of putting Jabba's Palace on top I don't think it'd look that great. And I don't know how much support the little tower on the side would need too.

I am glad they are trying things like this though, so they get mega points for that.

Bidoofdude
14th July 2012, 11:34 AM
I am not sold on it yet. The rancor itself looks awesome, but the rest of the set I find lacking. Even when I think of putting Jabba's Palace on top I don't think it'd look that great. And I don't know how much support the little tower on the side would need too.

I am glad they are trying things like this though, so they get mega points for that.

i have the idea of cutting off a bit of shelf the area of the rancor pit, then teh rancor pit would be on the lower shelf, and tghe palace and tower will be on the top shelf.