PDA

View Full Version : Transformerland

Reflector
12th July 2012, 07:37 PM
I recently purchased a MIB Jetfire from Transformerland, i watched the video of the figure that came in the link http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270993669092?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1418wt_1396 , nothing at all about a broken clip. When it arrived i found one of his arm-armor pieces was broken so i took a photo of it and sent him a message on ebay.

2 days went by and no reply so i sent him another one...

another 2 days and nothing so i went to his website and made a post asking someone to contact me about it asap please.

2 days later no reply, and so i liked his facebook page and sent him a message on that.

After hearing nothing after 6 or so days i left negative feedback. Then surprise surprise i hear from him straight away. He said he would solve the problem but i was pretty mad at this point so i just told him where he can put his arm-armor (it wasnt on his arm) and told him id pay the rediculous postage prices from Wheeljackslab and get new armor off him.

does Transformerland have a good rep amongst people here? or has someone else had trouble with him? either way my experience with him was rubish and im not very keen on ever buying from him again.

Kapryiath
12th July 2012, 08:09 PM
i dunno i bought my energon omega supreme and it arrived no hassles :S

canofwhoopass_87
12th July 2012, 08:26 PM
Did you buy it around the 4th of July? It's holiday time over there

kup
12th July 2012, 09:46 PM
I have bought lots and lots of things from them (although last time was well over a year ago) and never had an issue with them. A good amount of my G1 collection is from them and they have always been true to the item description, responsive and good to deal with.

canofwhoopass_87
12th July 2012, 10:14 PM
Judging by the auction finish date, you probably received the item around the end of June. Like I said, the 4th of July is a holiday period in the US and the country virtually goes into party mode for a couple of weeks.

That's probably why you didn't hear back in a timely manner. I've had problems with TFland before - both missing items from my order and poorly described / damaged G1's, but he's a good, honest trader.

He'll rectify problems and issues with orders (does take a bit of time though), but you need to remember - transformerland is pretty much a one man show and he sells dozens (if not hundreds) of G1's, GI Joes, etc weekly.

Patience is something that collectors need to develop over time (I know I certainly lacked it early on), but it really would've paid off here.

Reflector
13th July 2012, 06:43 PM
alright guys thanks, he never said anything to me about the holiday period and i never gave it a thought. He has tried to fix things up like i said but i tend to have zero patience with anything or anyone so i might get back to him and tell him i still love him :)

sideswipes brother
14th July 2012, 08:53 AM
I bought from them a few years ago and from what i can remember it was hassle free.

Ultra Mackness
14th July 2012, 01:28 PM
I have bought heaps of stuff from transformerland (US G1 and Jap reissue mostly) over the last 5 years and have always found Matt a pleasure to deal with. He sometimes takes a while to get back to me but has always returned my emails and kept me updated with tracking info on packages and other transaction info. Also, on top of the US holiday, he and his wife have a 3 month old that has taken up a lot of their time recemtly, but like whoopy said, he's a good honest guy who genuinely wants his customers to be satisfied.

Ravagecat
6th October 2012, 10:26 PM
... and have always found Matt a pleasure to deal with. He sometimes takes a while to get back to me but has always returned my emails and kept me updated with tracking info on packages and other transaction info. .... but like whoopy said, he's a good honest guy who genuinely wants his customers to be satisfied.

I 110% agree with these comments about Matt from Transformerland. Highly recommended Transformer dealer!!

rocman12
7th October 2012, 12:02 AM
I've purchased 4 different orders over the past few years and i have had no issues. I'm currently waiting on 2 packages from him. In my last transaction i did order 1 particular item and during the 7 day negotiation period, someone else must have offered him full price for the item so he sold it to them. I was quite annoyed, but thats business. I guess my frustration was that everything i've ordered from him in the past i honoured and competed the transaction.

Autocon
7th October 2012, 12:24 AM
Should pop a little sign up: 4th of July holidays!!! Back soon:)

Bidoofdude
7th October 2012, 06:07 PM
He has some good looking Shockwaves. Seems alright. It's a shame the complete, unbroken one's electronics don't work. So close. :(:o