PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Like To See?

Jinto
16th July 2012, 02:59 PM
What you guys are hanging out for as far as 3rd party figures are concerned?

Personally, I'd love to see an Ultra Magnus done by either Fansproject or PerfectEffect. The City Commander armor by Fansproject is pretty awesome but getting Classics Ultra Magnus to put it on is pricey and once you put that and the armor itself together you're looking at $250+. It's also a bit blocky for my tastes.
I think something the size the upcoming of FP Assaulter would be perfect, and hopefully more affordable as a single buy.

An IDW style HotRod (MTMTE style, in my dreams :p) would have me throwing money at my computer too.

Anyone else?

kup
16th July 2012, 03:24 PM
I would like to see the IGear Wreckers actually moving forward instead of idling:

http://robotjapan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=TakaraTransformers&action=print&thread=18507

Trent
16th July 2012, 03:42 PM
Omega would be a good start. Trypticon would be another.

Oh, and the FP Menasor. Hurry up with that already!! :D

Other than that i'm happy with the way things are going.

GoktimusPrime
16th July 2012, 06:08 PM
I'd like to see HasTak give us Classicsverse toys for characters like Arcee, Reflector, Springer (not a repaint/retool) etc. instead of "allowing" (through inaction) 3rd Parties to do it.

SuspectimusPrime
16th July 2012, 06:14 PM
FP Predaking and FP Abominus - Autobots seems to get the majority of the attention of third parties :D

SuspectimusPrime
16th July 2012, 06:17 PM
I'd like to see HasTak give us Classicsverse toys for characters like Arcee, Reflector, Springer (not a repaint/retool) etc. instead of "allowing" (through inaction) 3rd Parties to do it.

Allowing through inaction seems to be a good way for HasTak to scope out market sentiments without spending a cent. :p i.e. Before FP Bruticus, it had been a long time since we've had a decent combiner toy.

Defcon
16th July 2012, 06:19 PM
I would actually like 3rd party figures to be like kits. Lots of, spare heads, hands and weapons for customs. The heads should have different facial expressions or faceplates. This way you could buy several of the same figure and just customize each one to make new characters.

I'm interested in sharkticons.

Also add Female Junkion and Devcon

Lord_Zed
16th July 2012, 07:37 PM
Scorponok, and Fort Max (preferably IDW size and style but it's negotiable).

I would like to see the IGear Wreckers actually moving forward instead of idling:

http://robotjapan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=TakaraTransformers&action=print&thread=18507

I would think that Presser will start moving once Igear finish the vanbots as they look to share the same sculptor. As to the other Wreckers, not sure if we'll ever see them. I guess it will depend on Presser and TF purists who might have been on the fence may pefer to stick with Hasbro's Impactor.

I believe that ship has sailed.:p

kup
16th July 2012, 07:45 PM

I think Hasbro is too far gone to give us good toys for those characters, at least not for this era. Look at the latest assortment from SDCC, out of all the reveals, only two toys are good but not exactly great.

I guess it will depend on Presser and TF purists who might have been on the fence may pefer to stick with Hasbro's Impactor.

I can't bring myself to acknowledge that toy as Impactor. Official or not, it looks bad and is barely recognizable as the character despite the head (which has the official 'dull surprise' boring expression).

Official or Unofficial no longer means anything to me. I am after good toys, quality and good character representations which 3rd parties are hitting those on the head better than Hasbro is currently doing. If Hasbro starts doing that, then I am happy to buy from them but I won't act like a battered wife and stick with them just because they are official.

Sam
16th July 2012, 09:08 PM
I want FP to do either Dinobots (all five) and the Protectobots. Autobots need more combiner power!

Ode to a Grasshopper
19th August 2012, 08:04 PM
FP Predaking and FP Abominus - Autobots seems to get the majority of the attention of third parties :DI would snap up a good Not-Predaking in a heartbeat.

Anyway, that aside, my unofficial wants list (that I can remember atm) is...
-Six-gun: a set of Classicsverse-style weapons with C-clip attachments and a humanoid, poseable wire frame-type base to clip them on. 2 or three different varieties with different weapon sets.
-An awesome Overlord. As in, Sabrina Ng-level-awesome (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transtopia-masterclass-masterforce-overlord/20386/). A man can dream...
-A Not-Powered-Buggy for the City Commander armor, made so as to replace the BFG he comes with in alt-mode.
-G1 Abominus fists to work with WST Sixshot.
-BW Megatron accessories set. Energon scalpel, Golden Disks, Rampage Spark Torture-Chamber, and of course the Rubber Ducky.
-Not-BW Star Upper.
-PRiDE Arcee hand blasters, and an Airachnid that doesn't suck.
-The upcoming not-Skullgrin Headrobots set to include a G1-styled sword, blaster, and a pointy-ish middle prong attachment to make his pickaxe/barrel work better as a pitchfork.

Trent
19th August 2012, 08:44 PM
I would snap up a good Not-Predaking in a heartbeat.

Prepare to get snapping then. (If it's good);)

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=312755&postcount=6

Hursticon
22nd August 2012, 01:41 PM
I would snap up a good Not-Predaking in a heartbeat.

Anyway, that aside, my unofficial wants list (that I can remember atm) is...
-Six-gun: a set of Classicsverse-style weapons with C-clip attachments and a humanoid, poseable wire frame-type base to clip them on. 2 or three different varieties with different weapon sets.
-An awesome Overlord. As in, Sabrina Ng-level-awesome (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transtopia-masterclass-masterforce-overlord/20386/). A man can dream...
-A Not-Powered-Buggy for the City Commander armor, made so as to replace the BFG he comes with in alt-mode.
-G1 Abominus fists to work with WST Sixshot.
-BW Megatron accessories set. Energon scalpel, Golden Disks, Rampage Spark Torture-Chamber, and of course the Rubber Ducky.
-Not-BW Star Upper.
-PRiDE Arcee hand blasters, and an Airachnid that doesn't suck.
-The upcoming not-Skullgrin Headrobots set to include a G1-styled sword, blaster, and a pointy-ish middle prong attachment to make his pickaxe/barrel work better as a pitchfork.

These I could very easily get behind! :cool:

liegeprime
25th August 2012, 09:31 PM
Omega Supreme and Dinobots (all 5) in Generations version BUT in proper size. no puny Omega or deluxe dinobots. The 5 should at least be proper voyager size not DOTM voyager size... okay so maybe Swoop can be a tall deluxe.

Trent
14th September 2012, 10:24 PM
Was thinking about this today and I would really like to see a classicsverse Sky Lynx. Basically an updated version of the G1 mold. Only slightly larger.

Would love a 3P outfit to tackle this.

liegeprime
14th September 2012, 11:41 PM
Also just mentioned it in another thread - Updated Generations versions of the G1 Terrorcons - monsterrific madness!! New molds ftw!!:D:D These can all be Deluxes , with Hun-grrr just be a Tall Deluxe if they don't wanna go for Voyager size, but frnkly their voyager sizing is more of just the box lately, not the figure itself. :p

Lord_Zed
16th September 2012, 10:49 PM
Classics style Fangry, Flamefeather, and the Horrocons would rock.

Frankly any modernized G1 monster-bot would be a first, and therefore cool.

Also just mentioned it in another thread - Updated Generations versions of the G1 Terrorcons - monsterrific madness!! New molds ftw!!:D:D These can all be Deluxes , with Hun-grrr just be a Tall Deluxe if they don't wanna go for Voyager size, but frnkly their voyager sizing is more of just the box lately, not the figure itself. :p

+1

I like your thinking

theheretic
17th September 2012, 08:39 AM
Generations Terrorcons would be awesome! Also can we please get an upgrade kit for FoC Bruticus and if it's not asking too much a different version for wreckers repaint when it come out. Thanks Santa.

SuspectimusPrime
17th September 2012, 01:09 PM
Generations Seeker Combiner (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/world-s-smallest-transformer-seeker-g2-seeker-combiner-t89272.php), anyone? :p:rolleyes:

theheretic
17th September 2012, 06:56 PM
Generations Seeker Combiner (http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/world-s-smallest-transformer-seeker-g2-seeker-combiner-t89272.php), anyone? :p:rolleyes:

Son of Primus! That is incredible. It's like Superion on lots of roids and raging up!

The Scream Man
23rd September 2012, 11:29 PM
...im new to third party stuff, but as a new guy to the table: Id love Tailgate and Swerve from MTMTE. Hell, ill take anyone form that show. Or any IDW stuff.

SuspectimusPrime
24th September 2012, 12:48 AM
I think someone was asking for a 3P Hardhead (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/toyworld-tw-h01-hardhead-announced-175374/) (don't see it here, but perhaps another thread). Didn't see this discussed before - please ignore if we had a thread for it already. Looks like Toyworld is conveniently filling in the leftover characters from FP's Function X Headmasters :)

...im new to third party stuff, but as a new guy to the table: Id love Tailgate and Swerve from MTMTE. Hell, ill take anyone form that show. Or any IDW stuff.

At the risk of asking for another essential shell-former, I'd really like to see a 3P FULCRUM :p

The Scream Man
24th September 2012, 10:20 PM
I don't collect Decepticons, but for Fulcrum, I may make an exception.

kup
24th September 2012, 11:03 PM
I don't collect Decepticons, but for Fulcrum, I may make an exception.

He would be cool and an interesting shellformer.

Lord_Zed
24th September 2012, 11:14 PM
I don't know. I rather think Fulcrum would just end up like an eggformer. I don't think he would be that hard to custom either with the right body to put in the shell.

I'd rather see Kaon with an electric chair mode that fits deluxes.

Or a scout sized Vos who can be wielded in alt mode by voyager toys.

Or of course Misfire and the misfits too but that's a given really.

VERT
24th September 2012, 11:28 PM
I would like to see MP Seeker up grade sets. With the new head arms and lower legs. So I could fix up my MP Skywarp.

kup
24th September 2012, 11:50 PM
I don't know. I rather think Fulcrum would just end up like an eggformer. I don't think he would be that hard to custom either with the right body to put in the shell.

I'd rather see Kaon with an electric chair mode that fits deluxes.

Or a scout sized Vos who can be wielded in alt mode by voyager toys.

Or of course Misfire and the misfits too but that's a given really.

Vos is a Targetmaster?

SuspectimusPrime
25th September 2012, 01:28 AM
Vos is a Targetmaster?

A Targetmaster with a removable face :)

kup
25th September 2012, 08:40 AM
A Targetmaster with a removable face :)

Well whatever he is, any toy of him should have a removable face :)

It would be cool if you could attach it to other figures.

Bidoofdude
25th September 2012, 11:20 AM
I'd like to see some 3rd party do the g1 dinobots, I think some company like igear or maketoys could tackle them well, really capture the essence of the characters.

Lord_Zed
25th September 2012, 06:50 PM
Vos is a Targetmaster?

I think of him more like Megatron, without mass shifting.

Page 7 of MTMTE #8 we see Vos's big gun alt mode being wielded by Kaon, hence why these toys would be a cool pair. Together they are perhaps just a little bit more cooler than Tarn.

kup
25th September 2012, 07:07 PM
I think of him more like Megatron, without mass shifting.

Page 7 of MTMTE #8 we see Vos's big gun alt mode being wielded by Kaon, hence why these toys would be a cool pair. Together they are perhaps just a little bit more cooler than Tarn.

I see. He is like a big high impact Sniper rifle. Yeah that is pretty awesome! :D

You know how the face could work? It could be rubber like the GI Joe Zartan faces only that it would have molded drills and spikes on the other side!

Trent
28th September 2012, 06:48 PM
What would I like to see? How about some of these awesome 3rd party characters that everyone has coming up (not stunticons, not aerialbots, assaulter, presser, deluxe insecticons, warbugs) actually get released. Or at least give us an idea of what is going on. FP are the worst and I guess this is mainly aimed at them as they have this awesome lineup of releases yet we have no idea of the release schedule. I'm not made of money you know. I would like to plan these things!!

I am Jack's overwhelming momentary frustration. :mad::mad::mad:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's gone. Phew. Feel much better now. :)

theheretic
30th September 2012, 10:51 AM
What would I like to see? How about some of these awesome 3rd party characters that everyone has coming up (not stunticons, not aerialbots, assaulter, presser, deluxe insecticons, warbugs) actually get released. Or at least give us an idea of what is going on. FP are the worst and I guess this is mainly aimed at them as they have this awesome lineup of releases yet we have no idea of the release schedule. I'm not made of money you know. I would like to plan these things!!

I am Jack's overwhelming momentary frustration. :mad::mad::mad:

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's gone. Phew. Feel much better now. :)

I'm really hanging out for those not-Stunticons! Although with the line-up of MP's, the first 2 not-Aerialbots and all these Generations and Prime voyagers I'm probably gonna have to turn to the dreaded credit card to fund any not-stunticons that come out this year. My TF funds are dangerously low :-(

Bidoofdude
30th September 2012, 12:26 PM
Again, I'd like a good Galvatron, (although universe is already pretty good- henkei anyway) Some armour for MP-2, dinobots, a blitzwing and maybe the trainbots. Just my 2c.

LordCyrusOmega
30th September 2012, 12:52 PM
BW Blacharachnia. Not just a Tarantulas repaint but a show accurate or close to mold

SuspectimusPrime
1st October 2012, 02:50 PM
Another 3rd party accessory for Generations Kup - a rusty, dismembered arm of Outback tied to a stick (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Spotlight:_Kup) ;):D

Sky Shadow
3rd November 2012, 01:14 PM
I was just thinking that someone should release a Blackbird jet that separates into parts that go all over BotCon Overlord to make a more Overlord-y Overlord. And they could reuse the mould in maroon to make a Not-Classics-Flywheels out of ROTF Bludgeon.

kup
12th November 2012, 10:12 AM
Monstructor.

I was thinking about this recently and I want one.

liegeprime
12th November 2012, 01:09 PM
Just thought about another Id like to see. A version of Blitzwing. Since seeing Assaulter, I thought about this figure. It's the only one left out of the Triple Changers that hasn't been done a more recent version (official or 3rd party wise). BUt, Id prefer to have the 3rd party this figure in the same aesthetic and style of the Warbots series. Hasbro would prolly do a cop out for the figure anyways and just repaint an existing figure and slap the name on the packaging rather than actually doing a proper mold solely for it:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Deonasis
12th November 2012, 02:09 PM
I guess the really odd and ultra slim chance of getting proper releases guys like a conjoined Rack n'Ruin.

Also, i think a complete set of better Alternity/GT heads would get me more interested in the line.

Lord_Zed
12th November 2012, 07:01 PM
Just thought about another Id like to see. A version of Blitzwing. Since seeing Assaulter, I thought about this figure. It's the only one left out of the Triple Changers that hasn't been done a more recent version (official or 3rd party wise). BUt, Id prefer to have the 3rd party this figure in the same aesthetic and style of the Warbots series. Hasbro would prolly do a cop out for the figure anyways and just repaint an existing figure and slap the name on the packaging rather than actually doing a proper mold solely for it:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Don't forget Sandstorm.;)

But yeah I'd prefer Blitzwing If I could only choose one.

Bidoofdude
24th November 2012, 09:11 PM
I would like to see some null rays for the classics seeker mould, to give them a more cartoon-esque look. Not to say the ones already there are bad, they are great, but I bet some would like something a little more cartoony.

As I have said before, a head/upper torso attachment for Cyb Starscream to make Foc Metroplex. That would be nice, although it probably won't happen.
I would love a blitzwing figure and maybe a Masterpiece-style Shockwave.

I wouldn't mind some heads for other classicsverse figs too and of course,
a shoulder cannon for universe Hound.

Lord_Zed
25th November 2012, 11:02 PM
I'm pretty sure they have already made a shoulder cannon for hound. Not sure which company it was though.

I find it more difficult to be as excited by Third party add-ons these days though. The cost of an odd on is often to me even harder to justify than for a complete toy.

kup
25th November 2012, 11:07 PM
I'm pretty sure they have already made a shoulder cannon for hound. Not sure which company it was though.

I find it more difficult to be as excited by Third party add-ons these days though. The cost of an odd on is often to me even harder to justify than for a complete toy.

The G3 trailer comes with one. I agree on the add-ons though, the full figures are where it is now, specially for newer molds that aren't very good and already not worth the price.

liegeprime
26th November 2012, 08:14 AM
Don't forget Sandstorm.;)

But yeah I'd prefer Blitzwing If I could only choose one.

After seeing the Assaulter pics, I definitely want them making Blitzwing, maybe call him Fp Destroyer :D

Sky Shadow
26th November 2012, 08:28 AM
After seeing the Assaulter pics, I definitely want them making Blitzwing, maybe call him Fp Destroyer :D

'Commando' would make sense as a name for a not-Blitzwing.

SuspectimusPrime
26th November 2012, 04:40 PM
I would like to see some null rays for the classics seeker mould, to give them a more cartoon-esque look. Not to say the ones already there are bad, they are great, but I bet some would like something a little more cartoony.

Here by Renderform (http://www.renderform.com/2012/01/rw-002-super-nullifiers/), although it won't be easy or cheap to get a hold of.

I wouldn't mind some heads for other classicsverse figs too and of course,
a shoulder cannon for universe Hound.

Here by MGS (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/mgs-03-classics-hound-accessory-set-final-photos-174766/), and in greater production scale than Renderform, although IIRC still costs more than the original Hound/Ravage figures.

Lord_Zed
26th November 2012, 06:51 PM
Here by MGS (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/mgs-03-classics-hound-accessory-set-final-photos-174766/), and in greater production scale than Renderform, although IIRC still costs more than the original Hound/Ravage figures.

And that's why I find it hard to get excited over add-ons. They usually cost as much or more than the original toy and only add a little bit. Though there are exceptions like some of the armour upgrades etc.

SuspectimusPrime
26th November 2012, 08:39 PM
And that's why I find it hard to get excited over add-ons. They usually cost as much or more than the original toy and only add a little bit. Though there are exceptions like some of the armour upgrades etc.

Agreed. The only add-on I've been genuinely excited over was the iGear Kup heads (they should do more!).

SuspectimusPrime
26th November 2012, 08:46 PM
^ Speaking of expensive add-ons, :D, Headrobots Skel-E-Tron upgrade set for Botcon Gigatron (http://tformers.com/transformers-headrobots-skel-e-tron-upgrade/18950/news.html) :p

I want those swords, but I'm not too sure about the head. Also, the irony is adding value via the removal of the key resculpted piece which would gave that repaint value in the first place..

kup
27th November 2012, 10:14 AM
^ Speaking of expensive add-ons, :D, Headrobots Skel-E-Tron upgrade set for Botcon Gigatron (http://tformers.com/transformers-headrobots-skel-e-tron-upgrade/18950/news.html) :p

I want those swords, but I'm not too sure about the head. Also, the irony is adding value via the removal of the key resculpted piece which would gave that repaint value in the first place..

Since the heads are easy to remove and replace, the kit kind of serves as accessories. You don't really loose the exclusivity of the base toy.