PDA

View Full Version : Thundertron official pics

griffin
19th July 2012, 12:48 PM
The Transformers facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.290854234318111.65319.146805978722938&type=1) has posted up official pics of the Wave 4 Voyager toy Thundertron, in both modes... so we finally get a good look at the alt-mode. (it was only on display in robot mode at SDCC).

deadonarrival
19th July 2012, 01:06 PM
I do like his Robot mode that's a great looking piece right there, his alt mode though isn't as good in my opinion the bit sticking up out his back just looks way too bulky and out of place for me considering how stream line the rest looks. If I get it, it will be a robot mode only one.

liegeprime
19th July 2012, 05:57 PM
Oh a Liger ei? So this fella will be appearing in the TF Prime toons? Just what is that symbol he wear btw? a Hybrid Deceptibot sigil? Interesting.:D

SuspectimusPrime
19th July 2012, 06:15 PM
Might get this one despite the only Prime fig I bought was Terrorcon Cliffjumper.

Quite like the alt mode, I can see that this might end up spurring me into a Liger obsession (similar with a late Shark obsession) sometime down the track...

sideswipes brother
19th July 2012, 07:31 PM
I hope he doesn't have the standard - hind legs turn into robot legs, front legs turn into arms and the animal head becomes the chest.......oh wait, nevermind:(

KalEl
20th July 2012, 05:26 PM
im kinda keen on this!

Sky Shadow
21st July 2012, 02:49 AM
I hope he doesn't have the standard - hind legs turn into robot legs, front legs turn into arms and the animal head becomes the chest.......oh wait, nevermind:(

Only one hind leg turns into a robot leg, because he's a mofoing pirate! I've barely bought any Prime toys (I think I have three) but Thundertron is a definite. Call me Ishmael!

SuspectimusPrime
21st July 2012, 04:30 PM
Only one hind leg turns into a robot leg, because he's a mofoing pirate! I've barely bought any Prime toys (I think I have three) but Thundertron is a definite. Call me Ishmael!

This is one of those few molds that is asking for a Black repaint! :)

Hursticon
22nd July 2012, 03:49 AM
Hursticon approves of this latest Beast-bot/con... Pirate! :D:cool:
He has a beard and a peg leg... This figure already wins. :p

Yukitora
26th July 2012, 08:13 AM
half tigertron, half victory leo, half maximal pirate. he needs a hat too. arghhhh.

KalEl
31st July 2012, 10:46 PM
Hursticon approves of this latest Beast-bot/con... Pirate! :D:cool:
He has a beard and a peg leg... This figure already wins. :p

Yes as discussed on our podcast (see my sig :P) im very excited to see how the engineering turns out on this guy.

drahsrebu
31st July 2012, 11:17 PM
I love how we are getting a physical representation of the space pirate from the exile novel and to see how it all ties into the prime series. Really looking forward to it being released :)

Hursticon
1st August 2012, 01:09 PM
I love how we are getting a physical representation of the space pirate from the exile novel and to see how it all ties into the prime series. Really looking forward to it being released :)

Yeah, I'd heard that the Starseekers had been drawn from the 'Exodus' novels, I haven't read either yet myself (Even though I've owned the 1st for zonks! :p) but if this is what they are meant to look like, then that is awesome! :D:cool:

liegeprime
1st August 2012, 01:26 PM
half tigertron, half victory leo, half maximal pirate. he needs a hat too. arghhhh.

They should've given him a minicon partner... that turns into a parrot.:D

Hursticon
1st August 2012, 01:37 PM
They should've given him a minicon partner... that turns into a parrot.:D

Oh man Liege, that would be so awesome! :D:cool: