PDA

View Full Version : Deep Space Starscream QC issues?

jaydisc
22nd June 2008, 05:39 PM
I played with LCZ's and didn't remember it being so bad. I'm on my second in 2 hours and they both suck.

The first ones cockpit/chestplate wouldn't really come together nicely making it difficult to attach in planed mode to the fuselage.

My next one's thighs can't sit together in alt mode, they keep pushing the other out of the way.

So, back to TRU in the morning for a 3rd.

How's everyone elses'?

GoktimusPrime
22nd June 2008, 08:11 PM
I haven't bothered to get this toy... and from the sounds of it, I'm glad. (o_O)

roller
22nd June 2008, 08:27 PM
if your a startrek Deepspace 9 fan you should buy it just for the name :)

GoktimusPrime
22nd June 2008, 08:42 PM
Going by your logic, if you wet your bed in your sleep then you should buy Night Slash Cheetor. :p

jaydisc
22nd June 2008, 08:47 PM
Wouldn't you two be more comfortable in the lounge?

TF76
22nd June 2008, 09:07 PM
All the ones I have seen have had pretty sloppy paint. I got mine the first week TRU at Northland had them, I looked though about 20+ to find my one. I still ended up with a small finger print on one of his chest fins, I still like him lots and he is worth getting but it is really hard to find a good one..

Pipesqueak
23rd June 2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah, it's a case of ''pick where you want your shoddy paintwork'' when shopping for one of these. No droopy arm problem like my original had, but the legs on DSS are wobblier.

lcz128
23rd June 2008, 08:48 PM
uhhh... I actually have no complaints about mine... :s

Gutsman Heavy
23rd June 2008, 09:40 PM
no probs here

jaydisc
23rd June 2008, 10:50 PM
I'm goin' for my 4th tomorrow.

i_amtrunks
24th June 2008, 09:29 AM
I've had no issues with mine (other than the auto-firing missile gimmick in alt mode) but I've barely played with mine, seeing as it really is a terrible toy.

iceburn
24th June 2008, 09:39 AM
I'm goin' for my 4th tomorrow.

what is going on here????

STL
24th June 2008, 10:24 AM
what is going on here????

The art of replacement. ;)

kup
24th June 2008, 10:50 AM
Going by your logic, if you wet your bed in your sleep then you should buy Night Slash Cheetor. :p

or a G1 Star Saber but that's a little too expensive :p

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 10:55 AM
So I called Hasbro yesterday regarding this and after a few rounds of phone tag I spoke with a nice lady this morning. I explained my issues, admitted I was an adult collector (she laughed saying that she doesn't usually get kids calling with similar complaints). I said I didn't expect much by the call, rather just wanted to give feedback and inquire that if I had ran the gauntlet at TRU, could I send it back to them. She said of course.

An hour later, i get a voicemail from another lady at Hasbro saying that the USA designer was in the office and it was an opportune time to describe my issues, although they would only be accepted over email. So, I'm gonna take a bucketload of photos and send them through today. I'll keep y'all posted.

I might even document some Animated concerns and cite Jin's Animated Fixes thread too.

I wonder who it is? Maybe Archer on his honeymoon? :D

Pulse
24th June 2008, 11:01 AM
Make sure you add the hatemail as an attachment... :D

STL
24th June 2008, 11:09 AM
Interesting development!

i_amtrunks
24th June 2008, 11:41 AM
An hour later, i get a voicemail from another lady at Hasbro saying that the USA designer was in the office and it was an opportune time to describe my issues, although they would only be accepted over email. So, I'm gonna take a bucketload of photos and send them through today. I'll keep y'all posted.

Now there is a twist!

SilverDragon
24th June 2008, 05:42 PM
Ask if they can get his autograph!

dirge
24th June 2008, 07:51 PM
Maybe he can sign a DS Screamer. Or would that be considered an imperfection in the paint job? (:

Seriously, it's nice to know that you're able to send that sort of direct feedback.