PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Trivia Game

GoktimusPrime
24th July 2012, 04:01 PM
Okay, here's how it works...

+ I will post a Transformers-related question hopefully at least once a day. Maybe more frequently if it gets answered fast.

+ Each time someone answers correctly, the player is awarded 1 point. Scores will be kept.

+ At the end of this game - which will be like, whenever I feel like stopping this game (:p), I will tally all the points.

+ The person who has the most points will win a Transformers-related PRIZE. I haven't decided on what the prize will be yet -- in fact, it'll remain a mystery until the winner receives it. :D But rest assured it will be TF related. Note that I'm going to be privately providing the prize, so please no complaints about the prize (:rolleyes:) -- if someone would like to donate an awesome prize, then feel free to contribute. :) But the objective of this game is to have fun. :D

+ To try to make things fairer for other players, once you have answered a question correctly, then after a new question has been posted the person who last scored a point cannot attempt to answer the new question for twenty four hours after the posting of the new question. After that 24h period has lapsed, then it's a "Gloves Are Off" free for all and anyone can answer. This rule is in place to give other people a more sporting chance to answer questions and not allow any one player to dominate, but then if nobody else can answer it, then the stronger player(s) can have a go after the period has lapsed.

+ Naturally as the host, I cannot attempt to answer any questions and I will be posting all questions. If anyone would like to submit questions, you can PM me, however you will be exempt from being able to answer that question at all for obvious reasons. ;)

+ Please no cheating!! Answers should be answered from your own knowledge of Transformers without looking stuff up in tfwiki or Google or checking out your DVDs or comics etc. I can't actually enforce this rule, but we're just going to put faith in people's honesty here. :) This rule expires 24h after the question has been posted - i.e. after that period players CAN go look up the answer; again, it's "Gloves Are Off" after 24h and you can cheat to your hearts' content. :D

+ Some questions may have a related "Bonus Question" that can earn an extra point. The Bonus Question may be answered independently of the main question -- i.e. you can choose to answer the main question but not the bonus question, or vice versa (and let someone else answer the other question).

___________________START_______________________

Q: What is the name of the newspaper seen in Transformers Prime?

Bonus Q: What is an unusual feature of this newspaper's format?

Firestorm
25th July 2012, 05:35 PM
The paper is "The Jasper Daily" and it is printed back to front

GoktimusPrime
26th July 2012, 12:16 AM
Score:
Firestorm 2

:)

I suspect that the reason why it's printed from right to left is because that's how newspapers are printed in Japan (as TF Prime is animated in Japan) -- perhaps whoever designed the newspaper wasn't aware or forgot at the time that English-language newspapers are printed left to right. Similar to the scene in Dogma where Chris Rock's character (Rufus the 13th Apostle) read that note from Jesus, but he reads it from left to right, even though Aramaic is written from right to left. ;)

Firestorm
26th July 2012, 01:05 AM
hmm, i never thought about WHY it was back to front, you could be right

GoktimusPrime
26th July 2012, 11:29 AM
Q: What is the name of the starship currently captained by Rodimus in Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye?

Bonus Q: Which Aquaspeeder was part of this ship's crew complement?

Hursticon
26th July 2012, 02:32 PM
Score:
Firestorm 2

:)

I suspect that the reason why it's printed from right to left is because that's how newspapers are printed in Japan (as TF Prime is animated in Japan) -- perhaps whoever designed the newspaper wasn't aware or forgot at the time that English-language newspapers are printed left to right. Similar to the scene in Dogma where Chris Rock's character (Rufus the 13th Apostle) read that note from Jesus, but he reads it from left to right, even though Aramaic is written from right to left. ;)

Hmm... I'm inclined to think that it's simply a production error, i.e. textures on the model or a face on the model was set to 100% transparency and what you're seeing is actually the back face of said model. :o

Seraphim Prime
26th July 2012, 03:38 PM
Q: What is the name of the starship currently captained by Rodimus in Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye?

Bonus Q: Which Aquaspeeder was part of this ship's crew complement?

The Lost Light
Aquafend

GoktimusPrime
26th July 2012, 04:01 PM
You are right, sir.

Q: True or false - Beast Wars Megatron's rubber ducky became Transmetal after it was exposed to the Quantum Surge.

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 2

Firestorm
26th July 2012, 07:29 PM
You are right, sir. :)

Q: True or false - Beast Wars Megatron's rubber ducky became Transmetal after it was exposed to the Quantum Surge.

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 2

True

Sky Shadow
27th July 2012, 08:17 AM
You are right, sir. :)

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 2

I'm going 'false' because the rubber ducky becoming a Transmetal was not related to Quantum Surge exposure - its transformation happened much later, near the end of Season 3 (in Crossing The Rubicon). Maybe it's a Transmetal 2?

Firestorm
27th July 2012, 06:36 PM
I'm going 'false' because the rubber ducky becoming a Transmetal was not related to Quantum Surge exposure - its transformation happened much later, near the end of Season 3 (in Crossing The Rubicon). Maybe it's a Transmetal 2?

hmm i think you're right, it did go transmetal but I can't remember when

GoktimusPrime
27th July 2012, 10:55 PM
Q: Which Aquaspeeder is a member of the Lost Light's crew?

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 2
Sky Shadow 1

Sky Shadow
28th July 2012, 01:29 AM
Q: Which Aquaspeeder is a member of the Lost Light's crew?

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 2
Sky Shadow 1

Um... déjà vu (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=310154&postcount=7)? :)

GoktimusPrime
28th July 2012, 10:00 AM
Friday brain'd!! :p

Q: Which 1985 Autobot Car's Hasbro function is different from his Takara function?

e.g. 1984's Jazz's Hasbro function is Special Operations Agent but his Takara function is Lieutenant (副官).

Bonus Q: What is said 1985 Autobot's Takara function?

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 2
Sky Shadow 1

Seraphim Prime
29th July 2012, 10:57 AM
Q: Which 1985 Autobot Car's Hasbro function is different from his Takara function?

e.g. 1984's Jazz's Hasbro function is Special Operations Agent but his Takara function is Lieutenant (副官).

Bonus Q: What is said 1985 Autobot's Takara function?

I'm going to say Skids, but have no idea of the Takara function.

GoktimusPrime
29th July 2012, 12:45 PM
Correct! :) His Takara function is Warrior (戦士), whereas his Hasbro function (as I'm sure you know) is Theoretician (理論家).

Q: Who is Toval Anael Fischer?

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 3
Sky Shadow 1

Seraphim Prime
29th July 2012, 10:42 PM
Correct! :) His Takara function is Warrior (戦士), whereas his Hasbro function (as I'm sure you know) is Theoretician (理論家).

Nice! Was taking an educated guess that Theoretician (thanks IDW for helping me know that!) would be the one that wouldn't carry over the Pacific too well.

GoktimusPrime
31st July 2012, 11:25 PM
A: Tova Anael Fischer is the wife of Bill Simmons and mother of Seymour Simmons. She (and her husband) were both former Sector Seven operatives... though you'd never tell judging from her appearance on Revenge of the Fallen :rolleyes:

---------------------

Q: What was the name of Shockwave's programme to seed worlds with Energon ore deposits?

Seraphim Prime
31st July 2012, 11:55 PM
Regenesis

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2012, 11:41 AM
Nice!

Q: What is the only official name ever assigned to the combined form of the Mini-Cons Crosswise and Rook?

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 4
Sky Shadow 1

Sky Shadow
2nd August 2012, 06:11 PM
Q: What is the only official name ever assigned to the combined form of the Mini-Cons Crosswise and Rook?

Oh - I know this, it's Rider. :p (Or Mirror/Mira/Miller.)

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2012, 09:28 PM
Correct

Q: What is the meaning of "salt" in the name Salt-Man Z?

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 4
Sky Shadow 2

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2012, 08:40 AM
A: "Jump" (so the name means "Jump Man Z" -- rather witty for a Jumpstarter, yes? ;))

Q: What were the Diaclone Double Changers called when adapted as Transformers?

Sky Shadow
5th August 2012, 09:34 AM
Am I allowed to answer this one? If so, I believe they were the Omnibots.

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2012, 11:57 PM
It's a new question, so yes, you can answer. And you are correct. :)

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 4
Sky Shadow 3

GoktimusPrime
7th August 2012, 11:17 PM
Q: Which Transformer transforms into this alt mode?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/forum%20games/forumgame323.jpg

Bonus Q: What does G1 Jetfire transform into?
(A) VF1D Veritech
(B) VF-1A Super Valkyrie
(C) VF-1S Super Valkyrie
(D) VF-1S Strike Valkyrie
(E) VF-1J GBP-1S Armoured Valkyrie

Seraphim Prime
8th August 2012, 07:15 AM
I know it's a Mazda 323, but can't place the TF at the moment. Perhaps Bumper?

As for the bonus questions, Jetfire transforms into the VF-1S.

GoktimusPrime
8th August 2012, 12:59 PM
I know it's a Mazda 323, but can't place the TF at the moment. Perhaps Bumper?
Correct!! :D The Mazda Familia 1500 XG (as it was known in Japan) was sold in Australia as the Mazda 323. :)

As for the bonus questions, Jetfire transforms into the VF-1S.
It's a multiple choice question, so please select either A, B, C, D or E. "VF-1S Valkyrie" can pertain to either answer C or D.

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 5
Sky Shadow 3

Seraphim Prime
8th August 2012, 06:21 PM
Correct!! :D The Mazda Familia 1500 XG (as it was known in Japan) was sold in Australia as the Mazda 323. :)

It's a multiple choice question, so please select either A, B, C, D or E. "VF-1S Valkyrie" can pertain to either answer C or D.

Didn't even see the second one! C - The Super Valkyrie.

GoktimusPrime
8th August 2012, 08:56 PM
Correct. G1 Jetfire does indeed transform into a VF-1S Super Valkyrie, and not a VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. :)

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 3

GoktimusPrime
9th August 2012, 11:48 AM
Q: Whose motto is "Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without"?

Bonus Q: What is this Transformer's function?

Stug
9th August 2012, 02:44 PM
Q: Whose motto is "Know the conflict within before facing the conflict without"?

Bonus Q: What is this Transformer's function?

I think it's Beachcomber and he's a Geologist?

GoktimusPrime
9th August 2012, 11:53 PM
Right you are!

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 3
Stug 1

GoktimusPrime
11th August 2012, 10:42 PM
Q: What do these Transformers all have in common (other than being G1 Transformer characters and having vehicular alt modes)?
Blades
Fireflight
First Aid
Groove
Hot Rod
Jazz
Needlenose
Nightbeat
Quake
Rodimus Prime
Silverbolt (War For Cybertron)
Streetwise
Weirdwolf

Sky Shadow
11th August 2012, 11:16 PM
They all carry rifles? (Clever.)

GoktimusPrime
12th August 2012, 12:15 AM
Actually, not all of them carry rifles... some of them have pistols. :p
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/th_smartarse.jpg
though you're kinda close

So... aside from being G1 characters w/ vehicular alt modes who have guns, what do these characters all have in common with each other?

Sky Shadow
13th August 2012, 06:39 AM
Hmm... no advances on 'they all have guns'? :) They all have heads? They all have kibble in robot mode? They all have mental problems? They've all shot someone from their own side? They all like energon? They've all been injured?

(Clue?) :confused:

GoktimusPrime
13th August 2012, 09:32 AM
There's a spoiler tagged clue (kinda) in my last post... so you're on the right track with the guns.

Sky Shadow
13th August 2012, 09:57 AM
Ah - I was close. Okay, they all carry photon guns of some sort.

GoktimusPrime
13th August 2012, 04:16 PM
Yep, they all have photonic weaponry. :)

Q: Name every character who appears in this picture (http://botchthecrab.com/gallery/box_battle_85_usa.jpg) in alphabetical order.

Bonus Q: Name every character in that picture who is sporting their Pre-Transformers colours.

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 4
Stug 1

Sky Shadow
14th August 2012, 06:10 PM
I'm pretty sure it's been twenty-four hours, so...

Barrage
Bombshell
Chop Shop
Grimlock
Jetfire
Kickback
Shockwave
Shrapnel
Slag
Sludge
Snarl
Topspin
Tracks (or Road Rage if you would prefer.)
Twin Twist
Venom
Whirl

The art isn't 100% clear on this, but the ones that seem to be in pre-Transformers colours are Barrage, Chop Shop, Topspin, Tracks, Twin Twist, Venom, Whirl and the Snarl in the top right corner.

GoktimusPrime
14th August 2012, 08:38 PM
Correct!

Q: What am I? I was founded in 1947 by the three Steiner brothers in Ohio USA, named after the street in which my original corporate officers were located. One of my earliest toys was a toy gun that could blow bubbles. In 1967 I was purchased by General Mills and three years later I was merged with Rainbow Crafts, thus I obtained the rights to Play-Doh. In 1977 I obtained the licence to produce toys for the Star Wars franchise after it had been initially turned down by Mego the year before, and as such, I popularised the concept of the 9.5cm action figure which became an industry standard. In the same decade I also produced toys for the Six Million Dollar Man. In the 1980s I also created the hugely popular Super Powers Collection, Care Bears, M.A.S.K. and Strawberry Shortcake. In 1987 I was acquired by Tonka, but they too were acquired by Hasbro in 1991, and consequently so was I. In 1996 I completely revamped the Transformers brand by releasing a new concept known as Transformers Beast Wars, which proved highly popular and revitalised the Transformers brand. I am... ?

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 5
Stug 1

Firestorm
14th August 2012, 10:56 PM
Kenner

Seraphim Prime
14th August 2012, 11:00 PM
Correct!

Q: What am I? I was founded in 1947 by the three Steiner brothers in Ohio USA, named after the street in which my original corporate officers were located. One of my earliest toys was a toy gun that could blow bubbles. In 1967 I was purchased by General Mills and three years later I was merged with Rainbow Crafts, thus I obtained the rights to Play-Doh. In 1977 I obtained the licence to produce toys for the Star Wars franchise after it had been initially turned down by Mego the year before, and as such, I popularised the concept of the 9.5cm action figure which became an industry standard. In the same decade I also produced toys for the Six Million Dollar Man. In the 1980s I also created the hugely popular Super Powers Collection, Care Bears, M.A.S.K. and Strawberry Shortcake. In 1987 I was acquired by Tonka, but they too were acquired by Hasbro in 1991, and consequently so was I. In 1996 I completely revamped the Transformers brand by releasing a new concept known as Transformers Beast Wars, which proved highly popular and revitalised the Transformers brand. I am... ?

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 5
Stug 1

Kenner!

GoktimusPrime
14th August 2012, 11:01 PM
Firestorm got in first! :) New question tomorrow.

Score:
Firestorm 3
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 5
Stug 1

Sky Shadow
15th August 2012, 06:08 AM
Firestorm got in first! :) New question tomorrow.

Score:
Firestorm 3
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 5
Stug 1

Should I be on six - I was on four and then got the boxart question and the bonus?

GoktimusPrime
15th August 2012, 12:18 PM
Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 6
Stug 1

Q: Whose alma mater is the Massachussetts Institute of Technology?

Sky Shadow
15th August 2012, 05:53 PM
Q: Whose alma mater is the Massachussetts Institute of Technology?

Buzz Aldrin, from Dark Of The Moon. And Tim Ferris from the Spitfire and The Troubleshooters backup strip. And Carly Witwicky from the cartoon.

GoktimusPrime
15th August 2012, 10:12 PM
Right you are.

Q: Which Transformers voice actor performed at the London 2012 Olympic Closing Ceremony?

Score:
Firestorm 2
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 7
Stug 1

Firestorm
16th August 2012, 12:10 AM
Eric Idle

GoktimusPrime
16th August 2012, 11:10 AM
You are right!

Q: The name of which Dino Force member translates as "horned dragon"?

Bonus Q: Who is his Hasbro counterpart?

Score:
Firestorm 3
Seraphim Prime 6
Sky Shadow 7
Stug 1

Seraphim Prime
16th August 2012, 01:18 PM
I'd say Kakuryu, because he's the Triceratops-like one.

I think Slog was the Monstructor counterpart.

GoktimusPrime
16th August 2012, 04:10 PM
Correct you are both counts on!

With Hasbro G1 growing up, find it strange I do watching Transformers Victory Kakuryuu being goofy (adorable yet) comic relief seeing. Kid a as played with Slog I did as leader Monster of Pretenders - because the head Monstructor of he forms. :p (strange it is, as Scrapper my Constructicons leader was he <shrugs>)

Mind you, a muddle-minded minor character Slog was Anglophone continuity in. Until at least came along IDW the Monster Pretenders revamped. ;)

Scoring:
Firey storm 3
Seraphim's Prime 8
Shadow Sky 7
Tugs 1

GoktimusPrime
18th August 2012, 10:03 AM
Q: Spaceballs The Colouring Book uses the cover image of which Transformers book?

Sky Shadow
18th August 2012, 10:18 AM
Q: Spaceballs The Colouring Book uses the cover image of which Transformers book?

Ooh... I know this. It's the Return To Cybertron sticker book. I had to throw out a mouldy copy this year.

"It's a Transformer!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWQAvMUUJr4)

GoktimusPrime
18th August 2012, 07:51 PM
Q: Pick the odd one out...
Aimless
Arcana
Blowpipe
Boomer
Brisko
Caliburst
Duros
Firebolt
Flintlock
Fracas
Gort
Grax
Hairsplitter
Heater
Holepunch
Kreb
Lokos
Lug
Monzo
Muzzle
Nightstick
Peacemaker
Pinpointer
Quig
Ricochet
Singe
Spasma
Spike
Spoilsport
Silencer
Stylor
Sunbeam
Tiptop
Tracer
Vorath
Zarak
Zigzag

Scoring:
Firey storm 3
Seraphim's Prime 8
Shadow Sky 8
Tugs 1

Seraphim Prime
19th August 2012, 07:23 AM
Q: Pick the odd one out...

Is it Spike? The rest are all Nebulans?

GoktimusPrime
19th August 2012, 01:46 PM
Correct. :) Not only is he the only non-Nebulan, but he's also:
+ The only one who has to binary bond "via proxy" (i.e. becomes the head of Cerebros who in turn becomes the head of Fortress Maximus) - whereas all the Nebulans directly binary bond with their Transformer partners.
+ The only partner who is not the original partner of their Transformer -- Fort Max/Cerebros were originally bonded with the Nebulan Galen, who was killed and replaced by Spike.

Q: Who was the chief organiser for BotCon Japan?

Score:
Firestorm 3
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 8
Stug 1

Sky Shadow
19th August 2012, 09:15 PM
I'm pretty sure I know who this is (the guy who made the GoBots 'zine and whose toys were in Machine Robo Wedge) but there's no way I'd be able to spell his name without looking it up. Not Hirofumi... the other guy. :)

Sky Shadow
20th August 2012, 06:35 PM
The guy I'm thinking of is Fumihiko Akiyama.

GoktimusPrime
21st August 2012, 08:58 PM
Correct.

Q: Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Broadside, Octane, Sandstorm & Springer. All G1 Triple Changers, but which is the odd one out and why?

Score:
Firestorm 3
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 9
Stug 1

Seraphim Prime
22nd August 2012, 10:24 AM
Correct.

Q: Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Broadside, Octane, Sandstorm & Springer. All G1 Triple Changers, but which is the odd one out and why?

Broadside - he's the only one with a naval alt mode.

GoktimusPrime
22nd August 2012, 11:17 PM
No sorry. It's nothing to do with the alt modes. :)

Sky Shadow
23rd August 2012, 03:23 AM
No sorry. It's nothing to do with the alt modes. :)

So the question is more that you're thinking of a reason why one is the odd one out and we have to guess which one you're thinking of, because there's nothing wrong with Seraphim's answer - it's a good one.

Springer is the only one with futuristic altmodes is another logical answer. Also, he's the only one who doesn't turn upside down between altmodes. And he's probably the only one with no real scale issues when he transforms from altmode to altmode. But if it's not to do with the altmodes, then I'm going to go with: Blitzwing was the only one released as something else (a Diaclone) before he was a Transformer?

(It's either that or Astrotrain: because he was the only one who was never a 'good guy' in the cartoon. :))

griffin
23rd August 2012, 10:59 AM
You could find something unique about each of them really, without a parameter to the question...

GoktimusPrime
23rd August 2012, 11:52 AM
Okay, here's a clue to narrow it down --- it's something to do with Pre-Transformers.

Sky Shadow
23rd August 2012, 12:12 PM
Okay, here's a clue to narrow it down --- it's something to do with Pre-Transformers.

Is it what I said above:

But if it's not to do with the altmodes, then I'm going to go with: Blitzwing was the only one released as something else (a Diaclone) before he was a Transformer?

GoktimusPrime
23rd August 2012, 12:56 PM
Correct. :) Blitzwing was the only one released as a Pre-Transformer toy.

Q: Name all the alt modes of Team Shinkansen/Bullet Train from Car Robot/RiD (make/model).

Score:
Firestorm 3
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 10
Stug 1

Firestorm
26th August 2012, 03:53 AM
Railspike (J Five) is a Nozomi 500
Midnight Express (J Four) is an E4 "MAX"
Rapid Run (J Seven) Is a Hikari 700

I knew one was a Nozomi and one was a Hikari but I will admit to using tfwiki to look up the exact answers this time, so the game can get moving again

GoktimusPrime
30th August 2012, 11:32 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/spoileralert.jpg
Warning! The following question contains spoiler information from Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Answers are spoiler tagged - click and drag to reveal.

Q: Which of the following statements is true?

(A) The Ark is Omega Supreme
(B) The Ark is Metroplex
(C) The Ark is Fortress Maximus
(D) The Nemesis is Trypticon
(E) The Nemesis is Scorponok

Score:
Firestorm 4
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 10
Stug 1

Sky Shadow
30th August 2012, 05:02 PM
(E) The Nemesis is Scorponok?

GoktimusPrime
30th August 2012, 09:11 PM
Gah, I phrased the question incorrectly -- it should be which of those statements is true.

Score:
Firestorm 4
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 11
Stug 1

Sky Shadow
31st August 2012, 03:29 AM
Gah, I phrased the question incorrectly -- it should be which of those statements is true.

Ah, okay - in that case I think it's (D) The Nemesis is Trypticon.

Bidoofdude
1st September 2012, 04:09 PM
I'm joining on next question plz. Hit me with your best shot!!!

GoktimusPrime
7th September 2012, 11:27 AM
'nudder point to Sky Shadow.

Q: What do these games all have in common with each other (in terms of software framework)?
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
Tron: Evolution
Unreal Tournament 3

Score:
Firestorm 4
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 12
Stug 1

Firestorm
7th September 2012, 12:47 PM
all made using the Unreal Engine?

GoktimusPrime
7th September 2012, 04:33 PM
Correct!

Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 12
Stug 1

GoktimusPrime
9th September 2012, 04:33 PM
Q: Watch this music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0). At which part of the music video can two members of a band who performed a Transformers theme song be seen?

You may either describe what the scene or provide a time reference from that link (minutes: seconds).

Sky Shadow
9th September 2012, 08:26 PM
Q: Watch this music video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0). At which part of the music video can two members of a band who performed a Transformers theme song be seen?

You may either describe what the scene or provide a time reference from that link (minutes: seconds).

I wish I could dance like that. I believe it's two of the guys from Big Bang dressed as old men, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0&feature=player_detailpage#t=52s

GoktimusPrime
9th September 2012, 09:41 PM
Wow, you knew that without looking it up! :eek:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/vaderimpressive.jpg
Bigbang of course sang "Feeling," the Japanese opening theme for Transformers Prime. :)

I wish I could dance like that.
Who doesn't! ;)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/gangnamstyle.jpg

Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 13
Stug 1

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2012, 12:16 PM
Q: Which Transformer is voiced by the same actor who voiced Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto)?

Bonus Q: What is the name of this voice actor?

Bidoofdude
13th September 2012, 07:48 PM
Noriaki Sugiyama- Voices Prime Cliffjumper, also Japanese Sasuke voice actor>
:D

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2012, 01:26 PM
Wow, I am impressed that you answered that without looking the answer up. :)

Q:

Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 13
bidoofdude 2
Stug 1

Seraphim Prime
14th September 2012, 02:52 PM
Wow, I am impressed that you answered that without looking the answer up. :)

Q:

Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 13
bidoofdude 2
Stug 1

There's no question! Unless the question is "Is this the current score?"
To which I say True!

(Also, looked up Sasuke's English VA - Yuri Lowenthal. Apparently he did various voices for the first Transformers movie game.)

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2012, 03:53 PM
Oh yeah, sorry... something urgent came up and I had to run off -- so I just hit post forgetting that I was about to ask a question! :p

Q: What is Sixshot's function?

rocman12
14th September 2012, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah, sorry... something urgent came up and I had to run off -- so I just hit post forgetting that I was about to ask a question! :p

Q: What is Sixshot's function?

Solo Transformer Assault Group

Bidoofdude
14th September 2012, 06:39 PM
Damn, he got it first. Good get bro.

GoktimusPrime
14th September 2012, 09:15 PM
Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 13
bidoofdude 2
rocman12 1
Stug 1

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2012, 09:09 AM
Read this aloud:
Q: Rodimus is piloting the Lost Light with a crew compliment of 200 Transformers. After quantum jumping, the rear thrusters exploded with 40 Transformers ejected out of the breach. Let's say a salvage team was able to find 30 of those ejected Transformers, of which 3 of them were complete scrap and unrecoverable, 5 of them were in permanent stasis, 2 of them were repaired and okay, and the rest are in varying degrees of stasis lock. Who then, is piloting the Lost Light?

Sky Shadow
15th September 2012, 09:19 AM
Read this aloud:
Q: Rodimus is piloting the Lost Light with a crew compliment of 200 Transformers. After quantum jumping, the rear thrusters exploded with 40 Transformers ejected out of the breach. Let's say a salvage team was able to find 30 of those ejected Transformers, of which 3 of them were complete scrap and unrecoverable, 5 of them were in permanent stasis, 2 of them were repaired and okay, and the rest are in varying degrees of stasis lock. Who then, is piloting the Lost Light?

Rodimus?

Bidoofdude
15th September 2012, 11:18 AM
One of the recovery guys?

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2012, 04:42 PM
Rodimus?
CORRECT! :D <evil.chuckle> :D

----------------------------------------------------
Q: In Transformers Fall of Cybertron Multiplayer, what is the name of the bonus score that's a homage to Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
----------------------------------------------------

Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 9
Sky Shadow 14
bidoofdude 2
rocman12 1
Stug 1

Seraphim Prime
15th September 2012, 11:14 PM
Having never played Fall of Cybertron, but having watched lots of Monty Python, I'm going to guess Rabbit of Caerbannog, just based on the fact that it killed lots of people.

GoktimusPrime
16th September 2012, 08:32 AM
Sorry guvnah, that's incorrect.

Seraphim Prime
18th September 2012, 09:39 AM
Book of Armaments?

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2012, 02:12 PM
No, Brother Maynard. ;)

Sky Shadow
18th September 2012, 09:06 PM
Death From Above?

GoktimusPrime
18th September 2012, 11:39 PM
Erm, nope. The answer was "Just A Flesh Wound" -- bonus points you earn by killing someone while on low health. And of course, a reference to the Black Knight scene in The Holy Grail. ;)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Photocomic%20Holy%20Grail/holygrail10.jpg

Q: Name all 5 non-Dinobot (Dynobot) members of the Lightning Strike Coalition Force.

Sky Shadow
19th September 2012, 06:00 AM
Q: Name all 5 non-Dinobot (Dynobot) members of the Lightning Strike Coalition Force.

Kup, Wheeljack and three friends. (I only remember Kup and Wheeljack.) :)

Seraphim Prime
19th September 2012, 06:48 AM
Assuming we're talking War Within LSC

- Kup
- Ironhide
- Wheeljack
- Inferno
- smokescreen

SuspectimusPrime
21st September 2012, 12:16 AM
Erm, nope. The answer was "Just A Flesh Wound" -- bonus points you earn by killing someone while on low health. And of course, a reference to the Black Knight scene in The Holy Grail. ;)

This one made me smile :D Gotta re-watch the movie again sometime :)

GoktimusPrime
30th September 2012, 06:49 PM
Q: Which cast member of "Underground" (the Julian Assange telemovie) is a former Transformers cosplayer?

Seraphim Prime
1st October 2012, 07:09 AM
It's the Axis of Awesome guy, who I think was also on the Ronnie Johns Half Hour back in the day.

I'll admit I used IMDB to check the name, though - Jordan Raskopoulos

GoktimusPrime
1st October 2012, 10:36 AM
You're right, and I appreciate your honesty, but as you've had to look the answer up within 24h of the question being posted, I cannot award any points and the question is now void.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/jordan.jpg

New question!
Q: G1 Megatron's customised/special Walther P-38 mode comes from which TV series?

Bonus Q: What does the acronym in the show title stand for?

Megatron
1st October 2012, 11:03 AM
New question!
Q: G1 Megatron's customised/special Walther P-38 mode comes from which TV series?

Bonus Q: What does the acronym in the show title stand for?

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (modified with an extended stock section).

And... oh bugger I don't remember what U.N.C.L.E. stands for (read it somewhere, never seen the show).

Bidoofdude
1st October 2012, 04:08 PM
Can I answer the bonus?
United Network Command for Law Enforcement or something similar?

Seraphim Prime
1st October 2012, 08:33 PM
You're right, and I appreciate your honesty, but as you've had to look the answer up within 24h of the question being posted, I cannot award any points and the question is now void.

Gah!

Figured knowing the guy but not the name would be sufficient. Oh well...

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2012, 10:04 AM
bidoofdude: you're not looking any of this up, are you? (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but please be honest if you are) :)

Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 10
Sky Shadow 14
bidoofdude 3
Megatron-SG1 1
rocman12 1
Stug 1

-----------------------------------------------------

Q: There are 12 different versions of Soundwave in this photo. Name them all in detail.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Fall%20of%20Cybertron/Soundwave%20Scan%20Superior/soundwave_scansuperior16.jpg

Bonus Q: There is one not-Soundwave Transformer toy in this photo (who is highly obscured!). Who is it? (hint: see my latest FoC photo comic in the creative section for a clue) ;)

Bidoofdude
2nd October 2012, 12:10 PM
bidoofdude: you're not looking any of this up, are you? (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but please be honest if you are) :)

Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 10
Sky Shadow 14
bidoofdude 3
Megatron-SG1 1
rocman12 1
Stug 1

-----------------------------------------------------

Q: There are 12 different versions of Soundwave in this photo. Name them all in detail.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/Fall%20of%20Cybertron/Soundwave%20Scan%20Superior/soundwave_scansuperior16.jpg

Bonus Q: There is one not-Soundwave Transformer toy in this photo (who is highly obscured!). Who is it? (hint: see my latest FoC photo comic in the creative section for a clue) ;)

No, not yet. They seem to be really questions about stuff I've plainly seen. All
I knew about UNCLE was that it was some kind of united intel thingo so I made up the best I could. Was that correct though? anyway, wave is ma specialty!
Ok, we have action masters (1990)- bottom middle, left bottom is dotm human alliance soundwave.
Middle bottom in the front is g2 soundwave, bottom right- rotf soundwave(2009), Back right- Animated (2008- with laserbeak), Back middle- G1 Takara(1984- single tape door- loose),G1 Hasbro(in box) left back- Machine wars (1997- piece of sh*t:p), and the hidden is headmasters/g1 soundblaster who is obscured by the box of g1. :D Is that enough detail? Oh yeah, cybertron soundwave (2006) and prime
(2012) Rid Soundwave on the far, far, far left :P On the top of the box is WST Soundwave.

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2012, 01:48 PM
Ok, we have action masters (1990)- bottom middle,
Correct.

left bottom is dotm human alliance soundwave.
Not quite... it's DOTM Soundwave, but not Human Alliance.

Middle bottom in the front is g2 soundwave,
Correct.

bottom right- rotf soundwave(2009),
Correct.

Back right- Animated (2008- with laserbeak),
Right you are.

Back middle- G1 Takara(1984- single tape door- loose),
Well... it's the Encore reissue, but your answer is close enough, I'll accept that as right. :)

G1 Hasbro(in box) left back-
Correct.

Machine wars (1997- piece of sh*t:p),
Correct. Heeeey, I like MW Soundwave. :p Better than Action Master or Beast Wars Soundwave... and at least his gimmick wasn't gutted as badly as Optimus Prime's -- I think his scope gimmick still works with the Predator jets (unlike Starscream's).

and the hidden is headmasters/g1 soundblaster who is obscured by the box of g1.
Correct, but there's someone else even MORE hidden/obscured than that! (like, you literally can barely see him. And he's not the Soundwave/Soundblaster character but he is a TF toy).

Oh yeah, cybertron soundwave (2006)
Correctomundo.

and prime (2012) Rid Soundwave on the far, far, far left :P
This confused me for a moment... I thought you were saying Prime Soundwave and RiD Soundwave, and I thought, "There's a RiD (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Robots_in_Disguise_%28franchise%29) Soundwave??" and I started checking TFwiki but realised you mean TFPRiD Soundwave! :rolleyes: (silly Hasbro for not using a more imaginative sub line name!) But right you are. :)

On the top of the box is WST Soundwave.
Smallest Transforming Transformers Soundwave, yes. (I'll accept WST as it's a commonly used fan-term (though not the official name for the toy line :))

So you've gotten 11/12 correctly identified, and the "mystery hidden" Transformer remains unsolved!! Ooooh!

Now in fairness to Bidoofdude who's come so close, I'm going to "lock" this question for him. This means that noone else is allowed to attempt to finish answering the question for him -- he has the remainder of the "grace period" to correct his answer and get the full mark for the question.

The Bonus Question however remains unanswered, so anyone can still try to answer that! (remember, look at the photocomic!)

Bidoofdude
2nd October 2012, 02:19 PM
It's music label soundwave (blue), who's cannon is just behind Animated! :cool:

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2012, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about him, hehehehe. Right you are. So I'll let you have the point for DotM Soundwave, which is the Deluxe no HA figure. :) So Bidoofdude wins the point for the main question. Bonus question is still open. This Transformer is _not_ Soundwave.

Seraphim Prime
2nd October 2012, 04:42 PM
Soundblaster is hidden at the rear right of the photo.

Bidoofdude
2nd October 2012, 05:14 PM
I already said that. It's something else. Is it the human alliance human figure? I'm pretty sure that's what that human is.

Bidoofdude
2nd October 2012, 05:22 PM
Is it generations WFC Cliffjumper just visible between ROTF Soundwave's legs?

Seraphim Prime
2nd October 2012, 07:32 PM
It's either the Dylan Gould HA figure, or the Animated Laserbeak guitar.

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2012, 07:46 PM
Is it generations WFC Cliffjumper just visible between ROTF Soundwave's legs?
Ooh, so close -- you're looking at the right place, but that's the wrong bot. Have a look my latest Fall of Cybertron photocomic in the creative section, cos this character makes an appearance there (he also appears in The Last Stand of the Wreckers).

It's either the Dylan Gould HA figure, or the Animated Laserbeak guitar.
Nope, sorry. :) This toy is a Transformer, but is not Soundwave (or any of his incarnations) nor is he any of Soundwave's partners. And yet he's still somehow related to Soundwave... ;)

Bidoofdude
2nd October 2012, 08:30 PM
Blaster?

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2012, 08:42 PM
Nope.

Blaster doesn't appear in my latest FoC photocomic, nor did he appear in The Last Stand of the Wreckers. See the latest FoC photocomic and see which character in it appeared in TLSOTW <---hint hint hint hint hint

Seraphim Prime
2nd October 2012, 10:24 PM
Based on your hints, I'm saying Stalker. (But I can't see him in the photo!)

Bidoofdude
2nd October 2012, 10:27 PM
It's stalker's leg thingy in between ROTF Wave's legs!!! I think...

GoktimusPrime
3rd October 2012, 09:02 AM
And Seraphim Prime gets the bonus point! :D It's Stalker (in vehicle mode) that you can (barely) see between Deluxe DotM Soundwave's legs! :)

Q: Who voices Alpha Trion in Transformers Prime?

Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 11
Sky Shadow 14
bidoofdude 4
Megatron-SG1 1
rocman12 1
Stug 1

Bidoofdude
3rd October 2012, 10:51 AM
No clue.

GoktimusPrime
3rd October 2012, 11:04 AM
Erm, you're not allowed to attempt this question anyway (until the 24h grace period is over) because you answered the last question correctly, as per the game rules on post #1 :)

drahsrebu
3rd October 2012, 11:51 AM
George Takei!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

GoktimusPrime
3rd October 2012, 10:00 PM
Excelsior! :)

Score:
Firestorm 5
Seraphim Prime 11
Sky Shadow 14
bidoofdude 4
drahsrebu 1
Megatron-SG1 1
rocman12 1
Stug 1

Bidoofdude
6th October 2012, 05:47 PM
You forgot the question.

SuspectimusPrime
6th October 2012, 10:24 PM
George Takei!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Holy crap :eek: I really need to catch up with TF Prime (once I return to Sydney and get off mobile broadband) :p

GoktimusPrime
6th October 2012, 11:57 PM
You forgot the question.
Nope, I just didn't have another one to post at the time. :p

Q: Where is B'Boom/Apache's rub sign located?

Seraphim Prime
9th October 2012, 12:06 AM
Between his legs!

Gives a whole new meaning to "rub to reveal true allegiance"

GoktimusPrime
17th April 2015, 02:11 AM
Gestalts!

Q: Which Combaticon does not transform into a combat/military vehicle?

Q: Which Constructicon was killed by Spike Witwicky?

Q: Which Stunticon suffers from paranoia?

Q: Which two Aerialbots share the same voice actor in the US G1 cartoon?

Q: According to his tech specs bio, which Protectobot is an adamant pacifist?

Q: How many R's are there in Hun-Gu---, uh, the name of the Terrorcon leader? ;)

Q: Which Technobot can drive up sheer vertical surfaces, including walls?

Q: Megatron's mind once possessed the body of which Seacon?

UltimateGalvatron
17th April 2015, 05:25 PM
Q1 Blast Off

Q2 Scrapper

Q3 Breakdown

Q4 Air Raid and Slingshot

Q5 First Aid?

Q6 2 Hun Gurr

Q7 Nose Cone?

Q8 Snaptrap

Bidoofdude
17th April 2015, 07:37 PM
Gestalts!

Q: How many R's are there in Hun-Gu---, uh, the name of the Terrorcon leader? ;)

-Blast Off
-Scrapper
-Breakdown?
-Silverbolt and Air Raid
-First Aid
-Two
-Afterburner
-Tentakill? (only Seacon I know)

GoktimusPrime
17th April 2015, 08:10 PM
-Blast Off✓
-Scrapper✓
-Breakdown?✓
-SilverboltX Slingshot and Air Raid✓
-First AidX Groove*
Q: How many R's are there in Hun-Gu---, uh, the name of the Terrorcon leader?
-Two✓**
-Afterburner✓
-Tentakill? (only Seacon I know)X Snaptrap

-------------------------------------------------------
*Although First Aid (http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/techspecs/autobot/1986/ts_first_aid.jpg) was portrayed as a pacifist in the G1 cartoon, according to the Protectobots' original G1 toy bios, Groove (http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/techspecs/autobot/1986/ts_groove.jpg) is meant to be the pacifist.
**Hun-Gurrr's name has varied wildly in official canon. It's spelt "Hun-Grrr" on his tech specs (http://www.botchthecrab.com/archive/techspecs/decepticon/1987/ts_hun-grrr.jpg), and as "Hun-Gurrr" on the box (http://www.finalfrontiertoys.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/v/i/vintyage_hasbro_transformers_terrorcan_leader_hun_ gurrr_afa_graded_80_15098841.jpg), but then as "Hun-Grr" in the G1 cartoon and Marvel Comics (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/c/c4/Loveandsteel-terrorcons1a.jpg). Since I didn't specify any specific canonical source in the question, your answer is acceptable. :)

UltimateGalvatron
18th April 2015, 08:11 PM
Yay all but 1 right!

GoktimusPrime
20th April 2015, 09:35 PM
1) Match the following voice actresses with their characters:
A. Sumalee Montano
B. Constance Zimmer
C. Linda Gary
D. Grey DeLisle
E. Venus Terzo
i. Arcee (Prime)
ii. Arcee (Revenge of the Fallen)
iii. Blackarachnia (Beast Wars)
iv. Chromia (G1)
v. Strongarm (Robots In Disguise, 2015)

2) What is the name of the Autobot Ambassador Crosscut's remote drone component?
a. Scooter
b. Turbo
c. Tracker
d. Clutch
e. Firey

3) In which city was Peter Cullen born?
a. Montréal
b. San Antonio
c. Vancouver
d. Dallas
e. Brisbane

4) In which state/province/prefecture was Scott McNeil born?
a. British Columbia (Canada)
b. Texas (USA)
c. Ontario (Canada)
d. Michigan (USA)
e. Victoria (Australia)

5) Which motto did Takara use during the late 1980s to early 1990s?
a. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings
b. Playing is culture
c. Collect them all
d. Play on
e. Share moments. Share life.

GoktimusPrime
20th April 2015, 11:21 PM
Question 1 isn't a multiple choice, it's a match-up. e.g. A-1, B-2, C-3, D-4, E-5

Seraphim Prime
21st April 2015, 11:15 AM
1)
A. - i.
B. - v.
C. - iv.
D. - ii.
E. - iii.

2) b.
3) Montréal
4) e.
5) b.

GoktimusPrime
21st April 2015, 08:53 PM
1)
A. - i. ✓
B. - v. ✓
C. - iv. ✓
D. - ii. ✓
E. - iii. ✓

2) b. X
3) a. ✓
4) e. ✓
5) b. ✓

:D

GoktimusPrime
12th July 2015, 03:08 PM
Name That Transformer (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/name-that-transformer)

MayzaPrime
12th July 2015, 03:15 PM
Got 31 out of 33

Got 1990 Wrong
Got 1995 Wrong

TAAUBlaster
12th July 2015, 03:20 PM
Ouch... I only got a 20 :o

GoktimusPrime
20th July 2015, 12:43 AM
How well do you know your Transformers Voice Actors (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/transformers-voice-actors)? ;)

Firestorm
21st July 2015, 10:49 PM
Name That Transformer (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/name-that-transformer)

I got 27 out of 33

I got 1985, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1991 and 1993 wrong

To be fair most of those were from before I was born and G1 isn't my area of expertise still a neat quiz

How well do you know your Transformers Voice Actors (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/transformers-voice-actors)? ;)

And on this one I got 9 right :/

My mistakes were: 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 13

MayzaPrime
22nd July 2015, 12:23 PM

Boom! 14 out of 15

Only Question 3 wrong

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2015, 01:07 PM
Good on you guys! Regardless of scores, it's always great to see people just having a go. :) Participation points for all! :D

MayzaPrime
22nd July 2015, 01:47 PM
Good on you guys! Regardless of scores, it's always great to see people just having a go. :) Participation points for all! :D

Thanks for making them... I enjoy testing my knowledge :D

UltimateGalvatron
22nd July 2015, 03:44 PM
I got 1989, 1991, 1999 wrong. For the Transformer one.

UltimateGalvatron
22nd July 2015, 03:46 PM
My score on Voice Actors wasn't the best... ^_^

UltraMarginal
22nd July 2015, 06:23 PM
19 right and 9 right,

I had no idea about the older comics or armada trilogy characters and the similar voice actors.

GoktimusPrime
22nd July 2015, 11:13 PM
Aligned Continuity quiz (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/the-transformers-aligned-continuity-family-quiz)

MayzaPrime
23rd July 2015, 10:50 AM
Aligned Continuity quiz (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/the-transformers-aligned-continuity-family-quiz)

13 out of 15

Question 1 and 15 wrong

UltimateGalvatron
23rd July 2015, 01:51 PM
Only 15 wrong

GoktimusPrime
25th July 2015, 10:56 PM
BEAST WARS TRIVIA! (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/beast-wars-transformers) :D

MayzaPrime
27th July 2015, 07:58 PM
BEAST WARS TRIVIA! (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/beast-wars-transformers) :D

5, 19 & 20 Wrong :(

27/30 :D

GoktimusPrime
29th July 2015, 12:05 AM
Hardcore Transformers Quiz (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/hardcore-transformers-quiz) ;)

MayzaPrime
29th July 2015, 03:53 PM
Hardcore Transformers Quiz (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/hardcore-transformers-quiz) ;)

That was a tricky one, 19 out of 25 :p

GoktimusPrime
30th July 2015, 10:23 AM
Transformers themed English language quiz (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/english-language-quiz) :D

CyberiusPrime
14th August 2015, 10:33 PM
Transformers themed English language quiz (https://www.playbuzz.com/goktimusprime10/english-language-quiz) :D

20 out of 30
I shant be attempting that quiz again! :P

GoktimusPrime
14th December 2015, 03:31 PM
1. From what year to what year did the original series of Transformers (Generation 1) run for?

2. Which company created the background mythos for the Transformers?

3. What was the name of the company who produced the original Transformers cartoon?

4. In which year did Hasbro and Takara start creating original moulds for Transformers?

5. Which part of 1986’s The Transformers: The Movie created controversy?

6. In which year was the US cartoon series cancelled?

7. Why were Micromasters created?

8. How many episodes of 1990’s Transformers Zone were created?

9. What was the name of the attempted Transformers franchise revitalisation in 1993? Why didn’t this revitalisation succeed?

10. How did Beast Wars succeed in revitalising the Transformers franchise where the previous attempt had failed?

11. What was one key difference in the way that stories were written for Beast Wars?

12. What were some differences between the Japanese and Western Beast Wars series?

13. Outline the differences between the Transformers series released by Hasbro and Takara in 2000.

14. Name at least 3 Transformers lines which are designed for mature collectors.

15. Name the 3 Transformers series that makes up the Unicron Trilogy.

16. How do the stories in IDW’s Transformers comics differ from those from most other publishers?

17. Name any 1 line of “Crossover” Transformer.

18. What was the main appeal of the “Classics” line?

19. In what year did Takara merge with another company? What was that company?

20. When did the live action Transformers movie franchise begin?

21. Name at least 3 successors to the Classics line.

22. Name the 2 Transformers video games which also had accompanying toys.

23. Which Transformers series was affected by the 2011 earthquake & tsunami?

24. Name any Transformers series that is aimed at pre-schoolers.

25. The Hello Kitty Transformer was released as part of which Transformers series?

26. Name any Transformers series which debuted in 2015.

27. Name any upcoming Transformers product in 2016 & 2017.

UltimateGalvatron
14th December 2015, 04:35 PM
1. From what year to what year did the original series of Transformers (Generation 1) run for? 1984-1987

2. Which company created the background mythos for the Transformers? Marvel

3. What was the name of the company who produced the original Transformers cartoon? Sunbow

4. In which year did Hasbro and Takara start creating original moulds for Transformers? 1986

5. Which part of 1986’s The Transformers: The Movie created controversy? Optimus Prime's Death and Who is Cyclonus?

6. In which year was the US cartoon series cancelled? 1987

7. Why were Micromasters created? So Transformers could use less Energon.

8. How many episodes of 1990’s Transformers Zone were created? 1

9. What was the name of the attempted Transformers franchise revitalisation in 1993? Why didn’t this revitalisation succeed? G2 and because it was full of lazy repaints.

10. How did Beast Wars succeed in revitalising the Transformers franchise where the previous attempt had failed? By doing something new: using CGI and organic beast modes.

11. What was one key difference in the way that stories were written for Beast Wars? They were aimed at people who were kids during the original cartoon aswell as aiming them at kids at the time.

12. What were some differences between the Japanese and Western Beast Wars series? That the Japanese spin-off series didn't use the same CGI as the Western show.

13. Outline the differences between the Transformers series released by Hasbro and Takara in 2000. Car Robots was part of the Japanese G1 Continuity but RiD was a seperate series released in 2001 after Takara's 2000 release. Also Japan called Beast Machines Beast Wars Return.

14. Name at least 3 Transformers lines which are designed for mature collectors.
Masterpiece, Alternators, Classics

15. Name the 3 Transformers series that makes up the Unicron Trilogy. Armada, Energon, Cybertron

16. How do the stories in IDW’s Transformers comics differ from those from most other publishers? They all relate to one story arc(?).

Star Wars Transformers
18. What was the main appeal of the “Classics” line? Modern updates of classical characters in a cheaper format to the early Masterpiece figures.

19. In what year did Takara merge with another company? What was that company? Tomy and ummm 2007?

20. When did the live action Transformers movie franchise begin? 2007

21. Name at least 3 successors to the Classics line. Reveal the Shield, Combiner Wars, Thrilling Thirty.

War for/Fall of Cybertron
Transformers Prime (?)
24. Name any Transformers series that is aimed at pre-schoolers. Rescue Bots.

25. The Hello Kitty Transformer was released as part of which Transformers series? Q-Transformers (?)

26. Name any Transformers series which debuted in 2015. Robots in Disguise.

27. Name any upcoming Transformers product in 2016 & 2017. Titan Class Trypticon, Masterpiece Hot Rodimus, Deluxe Class Hardhead

Jaxius._
14th December 2015, 04:56 PM
1. From what year to what year did the original series of Transformers (Generation 1) run for?

2. Which company created the background mythos for the Transformers?

3. What was the name of the company who produced the original Transformers cartoon?

4. In which year did Hasbro and Takara start creating original moulds for Transformers?

5. Which part of 1986’s The Transformers: The Movie created controversy?

6. In which year was the US cartoon series cancelled?

7. Why were Micromasters created?

8. How many episodes of 1990’s Transformers Zone were created?

9. What was the name of the attempted Transformers franchise revitalisation in 1993? Why didn’t this revitalisation succeed?

10. How did Beast Wars succeed in revitalising the Transformers franchise where the previous attempt had failed?

11. What was one key difference in the way that stories were written for Beast Wars?

12. What were some differences between the Japanese and Western Beast Wars series?

13. Outline the differences between the Transformers series released by Hasbro and Takara in 2000.

15. Name the 3 Transformers series that makes up the Unicron Trilogy.

16. How do the stories in IDW’s Transformers comics differ from those from most other publishers?

18. What was the main appeal of the “Classics” line?

19. In what year did Takara merge with another company? What was that company?

20. When did the live action Transformers movie franchise begin?

21. Name at least 3 successors to the Classics line.

24. Name any Transformers series that is aimed at pre-schoolers.

25. The Hello Kitty Transformer was released as part of which Transformers series?

26. Name any Transformers series which debuted in 2015.

27. Name any upcoming Transformers product in 2016 & 2017.

1.1984-88 or 89?

2.__

3.Sunbow/Marvel

4.1986 with Ultra Magnus being the last

5.Rodimus becoming Prime, Unicrons scale, Optimus' death, and more.

7.To compete with Micro Machines. Or to save Energon.

8.__

9.G2 season 1. People were sick of vehicles and reruns. Beast Wars succeeded G2 and revitalised Transformers.

10.People were sick of vehicles and the popularity of Transformers was dwindling the new Transformers with new pretty alt modes and superior articulation made transformers cool again

11.They were more aimed towards teenagers/a mature audience and there were *less* plotholes

12.Verbal Tics, personalities completely changed and a gps free TM Megatron.

13.In Japan it was known as Car Robots. It was imported to the west as a 'filler series'.

14.Binaltech, MAsterpiece, Alternators, Kiss players and in a way Generations

15.Armada (Micron Densetsu) Energon (Superlink) Cybertron (Galaxy Force)

16.It has made megatron an autobot and gone off on it's own tangent giving us a comedy drama sort of thing with mtme and a more serious story fromely known as RID.

17.Star Wars Crossovers.

18.To bring back the g1 characters in a more modern form with articulation. Much cheaper than MP and good for kids.

19.2006, March I think. Tomy of course.

20.2007..... Many fans screamed.

21.Henkei, Generations, United, Unite Warriors, Legends

22.War for Cybertron. TRansformers Devastation, Fall of Cybertron

23.Was it Prime?

24.Rescue Bots, Go Bots and Robots in Disguise (2015)

25.Choro-Q

26.Combiner Wars (although there were siting's late 2014) and Robots in Disguise, Unite Warriors.

27.PM Prime, MP Shockwave, Skullcruncher, Titan Fort Max, Titan Trypticon

Bonus points for only using prior knowledge? :p

GoktimusPrime
14th December 2015, 10:09 PM
Well done, boys. :) These questions are from a worksheet which I'm going to give to my Year 7-8 students tomorrow and Wednesday as part of an 88 slide Powerpoint presentation. :D So many of the "correct" questions would make more sense in the context of my presentation, so I can also see that some of your answers are also correct given that you didn't have the context of experiencing my awesome(TM) class presentation. :p Anyway, here are the official answers, although in some cases your alternate answers may also be correct, such as your answers for Q7. :cool:

1. 1984-92 (actually early '93)

2. Marvel Comics

3. Sunbow Productions

4. 1986 (note: Ultra Magnus was not one of them, he's a redeco of Diaclone's Powered Convoy)

5. Death of Optimus Prime. Hasbro received lots of angry letters from parents.

6. 1987

7. To make toys cheaper and better value for money during the global recession of the late 80s/early 90s.

8. 1

9. Generation 2. Early toys were just repaints of G1 toys. Kids at the time just weren't interested in vehicles.

10. Exploited current kids' interests in animals over vehicles. Superior toy designs.

11. Written to appeal to both kids and adults.

12. Japanese BW series was written for very young children. Toys' focus shifted more towards realistic beast modes (whereas Hasbro's favoured fantasy modes like Fuzors, Transmetals, Transmetal 2s).

13. Hasbro continued with their fantasy beast and vehicle mode theme with Beast Machines; Takara combined BW level toy engineering with licensed vehicle modes with Car Robot.

14. (any 3) Binaltech, Masterpiece, Device Label, Music Label, Sports Label, Smallest Transforming Transformers, Alternity. <---these are all the "Ages 15+" line (except KISS Play, I intentionally omitted that from my presentation for obvious reasons :p). Although Classicsverse appeals to a lot of adults, it is not "MA15+" restricted to a mature audience.

15. Armada, Energon, Cybertron

16. Written for an adult audience.

17. (any 1) Animorphs, Star Wars, Marvel, Disney Label

18. Original G1 characters with modern day toy engineering standards at regular mass retail

19. 2006, Tomy

20. 2007

21. (any 3) Universe, Henkei, Generations, United, Reveal the Shield, Legends

22. War for Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron. Devastation may be inspired by some Classicsverse figures, but those toys weren't made to market the game.

23. Transformers Prime. Polygon lost 1/3 of their workforce after the quake/tsunami, which is why Ratchet's recount of the history between Orion Pax and Megatron was animated with painted stills instead of full CGI. It ended up looking cool, so Hasbro decided to keep the same format with similar narrated historical recount scenes in some subsequent episodes.

24. (any 1) First Transformers, 1-2-3 Transformers, Transformers Go-Bots, Rescue Bots

25. Q Transformers

26. (any 1) Combiner Wars, Robots In Disguise

27. (any 1) Combiner Wars (e.g. Combaticons etc.), Masterpiece (e.g. Ratchet, Ironhide etc.), Titan Class Trypticon, Bayformers 5.

Jaxius._
15th December 2015, 07:15 AM
This is a test for your students?!? I need to go to your school