PDA

View Full Version : X-Transbots Tyrant (Galvatron) Color Prototype Pictures

KalEl
24th July 2012, 06:36 PM
Planet Iacon on Facebook has shared images of a colored prototype for the X-Transbots Tyrant, a custom third party Galvatron toy. The Tyrant is modeled after Galvatron's design from Season 3 of Transformers Generation 1, and transforms into Galvatron's signature cannon mode.

Please note this is an unauthorised third party product not endorsed by Hasbro or Takara-Tomy
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/27310114d1343112284-new-x-transbots-not-galvatron-pictures-396027_383071818425431_1815400264_n_1343115143.jpg

KalEl
24th July 2012, 06:37 PM
if this is good quality, i want it!

Hursticon
24th July 2012, 06:42 PM
Hmm... It's trying some nice tricks but I'm not so sure they're translating as well in Alt mode as the designers might of hoped, curious to see some further pics though. ;):o

KalEl
24th July 2012, 06:54 PM
Hmm... It's trying some nice tricks but I'm not so sure they're translating as well in Alt mode as the designers might of hoped, curious to see some further pics though. ;):o

as it is a prototype maybe we will see something more refined down the track

Bidoofdude
24th July 2012, 07:21 PM
I don't know, theres two little winges I'd like to say:(not being a critic)
1. I imagined Galvatron as a little more sleek and slightly mroe bulkier in appearance.
2. For whatever reason, I hate the colour. I would like this in a slightly darker colour than RTS Cyclonus.
Change those and you have one sweet design. I agree the altmode didn't quite turn out as I think the designers hoped. Still, more work and it'll be great.
Well, look who's winge in the creative section came true? MINE. I feel sort of responisble even though I'm not in the slightest. (although I sent an email to toyworld (3rd party- Hegemon) who haven't replied for weeks now. I wrote in fluent Japanese and everything!

kup
24th July 2012, 07:33 PM
I am not sure if I like this. I would need to wait for more final prototype.

However I would prefer for Toyworld (Hegemon guys) to make a Galvatron. They are already proven to know what they are doing and we know what to expect when it comes to quality.

Bidoofdude
24th July 2012, 07:49 PM
I am not sure if I like this. I would need to wait for more final prototype.

However I would prefer for Toyworld (Hegemon guys) to make a Galvatron. They are already proven to know what they are doing and we know what to expect when it comes to quality.

Agreed. I sent an email a while back about a Galvatron. Still.. awaiting a reply.

Lord_Zed
24th July 2012, 10:25 PM
Me three, The colours do look nice, and there are some good elements, but it also has a very retro G1 feel reminiscent of Xtransbots other toys and also Impossible Toys. I kind of expect a bit more from my high cost 3rd party toys.

Maybe if this guys is not to pricey.......

VERT
25th July 2012, 07:50 AM
Well its a good start. At the moment looks like this is the only Galvatron. Better than hasbros one. And has the right Alt mode. Hope its Voyager size. Then I just might get him

Trent
25th July 2012, 07:54 AM
I think what's stopping me from liking this is the colors. The grey is too light to go with that dark blue/purple. It makes him look pasty. They need a darker grey and a lighter blue/purple.

Wonder how much it'll cost?

SuspectimusPrime
25th July 2012, 06:55 PM
Looking forward to some more phones taken by a better camera.

Don't understand why they would spend lots of money developing the figure not to mention weeks/months (and years?) just to show it off with the dodgiest camera they can find :p

Slag
25th July 2012, 08:40 PM
I don't know, theres two little winges I'd like to say:(not being a critic)
1. I imagined Galvatron as a little more sleek and slightly mroe bulkier in appearance.
2. For whatever reason, I hate the colour. I would like this in a slightly darker colour than RTS Cyclonus.
Change those and you have one sweet design. I agree the altmode didn't quite turn out as I think the designers hoped. Still, more work and it'll be great.

For someone who wanted a more cartoon accurate version of Galvatron i would have thought this to be a pretty good effort. :)
the feet do look a little funny dangling off the side but that's pretty minor.
how can they make it more sleek and bulkier? do you mean they should make him hit the gym a bit?:p

SuspectimusPrime
26th July 2012, 06:39 PM
how can they make it more sleek and bulkier? do you mean they should make him hit the gym a bit?:p

Curious about that too, maybe he means Galvatron's arms should be bigger but his torso should be slimmer?

If this is voyager size, and his arms were bigger, then he'll be perfect to go against FP City Commander :)

Bidoofdude
27th July 2012, 07:13 PM
For someone who wanted a more cartoon accurate version of Galvatron i would have thought this to be a pretty good effort. :)
the feet do look a little funny dangling off the side but that's pretty minor.

I don't know, you tell me. What do you think?

Trent
27th July 2012, 08:48 PM
I don't know, you tell me. What do you think?

Well he is on the verge of having some arcee style man-boobs.

canofwhoopass_87
27th July 2012, 08:59 PM
Robot mode looks pretty damn G1-series-3 to me (except the colours of course, but it's a prototype) but I agree, the alt mode is a little lacking.

At first glance he doesn't look like he really fits into any of the official lines comfortably. Classics maybe? Depends on the size I guess.

I would need to wait for more final prototype.

Dude, you say this with everything. I'm talking EVERYTHING. You follow up every prototype / pre release pic with a "I need to see more before I make up my mind".

Isn't this statement a given?

Sam
27th July 2012, 10:47 PM
Dude, you say this with everything. I'm talking EVERYTHING. You follow up every prototype / pre release pic with a "I need to see more before I make up my mind".

Out of curiosity to verify your statement about kup's comment I looked at his posts for the iGear005 figure (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=11508) and can't see him saying this.

So I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. :p

Lord_Zed
28th July 2012, 12:07 AM
Robot mode looks pretty damn G1-series-3 to me (except the colours of course, but it's a prototype) but I agree, the alt mode is a little lacking.

At first glance he doesn't look like he really fits into any of the official lines comfortably. Classics maybe? Depends on the size I guess.

I think he looks an excellent homage to Season 3 Galvatron, but I don't like him to much as a Classics type toy as he is pretty sparse on detail compared to most classics. He is nice in his own way, but at the moment I just don't envision a place in my collection fro him.

kup
28th July 2012, 08:44 AM

I may say something along those lines a fair bit but for some of the more trusted/proven 3rd parties, I don't think I have. I also did say more than simply that in my post so it's not as if that was my only statement, you just decided to only quote that in order to force your point.

I am also sure that I am not the only one that says things like that when it comes to early prototypes reveals.