PDA

View Full Version : Two More Wreckers.

Sky Shadow
29th July 2012, 03:53 AM
Very cute for people who want to own some more Wrecker toys and can't wait for the real ones... Neither-Topspin Nor-Twin-Twist:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7656/topspinandtwintwist1343.jpg

Ultra Mackness
29th July 2012, 06:47 AM
I really like this idea for a couple of reasons. Firstly, while I like the characters topspin and twintwist, I never reallyliked the way that they couod really only swing their arms back and forth which in my mind kind of limited their playability to Autobot marching drills. Having articulation at the knees and elbows would be awesome. Also, not sure if Hasbro will ever redo these characters, and if they do, will they be redecos of previously used molds?

If these come to fruition, I'll put them on the list. Robot figures are a big step up from the iphone cases and yet to be released shockwave gun accessory this company has previously done though.

Sky Shadow
29th July 2012, 07:31 AM
Also, not sure if Hasbro will ever redo these characters, and if they do, will they be redecos of previously used molds?

Um... yes? To both?

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8039/topspintwintwist.jpg
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8054/ruination.jpg

Ultra Mackness
29th July 2012, 08:33 AM
Ohhh facepalm!!:o

I had forgotten about these, but I guess I was more refering to a more G1-esque model. These repaints don't really provide me with any cues to the G1 topspin and twintwist.

Trent
29th July 2012, 09:07 AM
Cool

kup
29th July 2012, 09:32 AM
Um... yes? To both?

I wouldn't call those 'redoing the characters' but to each their own.

I like these 3rd party Jumpstarters but I have issues with them. For example, Twin Twists' drills are too small and non practical as the 'cockpit' protrudes too forward. I know it's a toy but the illusion of functional realism would have been nice.

Their proportions are also a little weird, their upper bodies are too wide and they have little legs giving them somewhat Gorilla proportions but that could be the CGI render. In G1, the Jumpstartes had huge thick legs giving them stocky but consistent proportions.

Hursticon
29th July 2012, 04:50 PM
Ohhh facepalm!!:o

I had forgotten about these, but I guess I was more refering to a more G1-esque model. These repaints don't really provide me with any cues to the G1 topspin and twintwist.

In light of these? - An easy thing to do! :p
I do like this pair, they extremely reminiscent and pretty much do all that is needed with the characters; My only gripe is that Twintwist's 'Drills' are a little light compared to what I would've preferred but in saying that they're much better IMO than that which Hasbro can afford to offer. ;):cool:

Lord_Zed
29th July 2012, 07:54 PM
Not the most amazing 3rd party release we have seen of late, but they do the job.

And another new 3rd party? Who knew collectors Transforming robots were so popular, apparently not Hasbro.

Now who is going to make Rack and Ruin?

Sky Shadow
29th July 2012, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't call those 'redoing the characters' but to each their own.

Really? If that's not 'redoing the characters' then nor were BotCon/Classics/Universe (etc.) Springer, Huffer, Dreadwind, Banzai-Tron, Devastator, 'Crasher', Nightbeat, Ratbat, Leozack, Skyquake, Alpha Trion, Big Daddy, Blurr and your entire Dawn Of Futures Past collection.

Sutton
29th July 2012, 08:48 PM
Um... yes? To both?

The guy in charge of molding new heads new who they were, but the guy in charge of picking colours had no fucking idea whatsoever.

The Wreckers set would have been an easy yes from me if they'd simply used the correct colours but every single member is really wrong :(

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2012, 08:45 PM
Teamwork for their (Hasbro's) lose. :/ I see no reason why those toys couldn't have been done in more G1-like colours. It's not as if they're realistic Earth-based vehicles. To be honest the colours don't bother me that much, but they don't do anything for me either. And I would definitely prefer them in G1 colours.

Lord_Zed
6th August 2012, 11:40 PM
Seems we are getting Of topic, but Hasbro's Wrecker repaints colour choices might have been easier to accept if they had managed to get the colours right the first time using the mold with Bruticus, but now we have Bruticus in non G1, no game accurate colours, and then a retool as the wreckers also in non G1 colours. In the meantime those who want game accurate colours have to get the expensive SDCC toy.

Two strikes Hasbro.....

Sutton
7th August 2012, 09:09 AM
Seems we are getting Of topic, but Hasbro's Wrecker repaints colour choices might have been easier to accept if they had managed to get the colours right the first time using the mold with Bruticus, but now we have Bruticus in non G1, no game accurate colours, and then a retool as the wreckers also in non G1 colours. In the meantime those who want game accurate colours have to get the expensive SDCC toy.

Two strikes Hasbro.....

Except the SDCC colours weren't all accurate anyway. You need the retail Onslaught for that! :D

kup
7th August 2012, 09:34 AM
No matter, the poor execution of FOC Bruticus has opened the way for a 3rd party to come up with an upgrade kit. Wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro's Onslaught is replaced with a 3P Voyager sized game accurate Onslaught.

VERT
7th August 2012, 10:01 AM
No matter, the poor execution of FOC Bruticus has opened the way for a 3rd party to come up with an upgrade kit. Wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro's Onslaught is replaced with a Voyager sized 3P game accurate Onslaught.

What a good idea. Then it will actually look good. Hasbro needs to get their act together. Im almost going to be a full time 3p collector.

Lord_Zed
7th August 2012, 08:15 PM
No matter, the poor execution of FOC Bruticus has opened the way for a 3rd party to come up with an upgrade kit. Wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro's Onslaught is replaced with a 3P Voyager sized game accurate Onslaught.

At first I didn't think he was going to be popular (not geewun enough )and widespread enough for a 3rd party to bother, however now that there are going to be 4 versions of the toy out there. I can see the possibility of a 3rd party taking advantage of fan dissatisfaction with the mold. Certainly there will be at least two repaint/retool options if they do.

Sutton
8th August 2012, 07:06 PM
What a good idea. Then it will actually look good. Hasbro needs to get their act together. Im almost going to be a full time 3p collector.

My Hasbro total this year is around $135...my third party bill is just over $850. Shows what fans are willing to pay for stuff they need for their collection.

Trent
8th August 2012, 10:08 PM

You know, I preordered G2 Bruticus from BBTS as soon as I saw that post. I have store credit there from one of my previous purchases breaking almost as soon as I took it out of the box, so all I have to pay for is postage. But I will keep him MISB until a 3rd party does a decent upgrade for him. If not I'll sell it for a $$profit$$.

WIN WIN!!!:D