PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party explosion at TFcon

kup
29th July 2012, 10:01 AM
Here are the slides from the 3rd party panel at TFcon:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/tfcon-2012-3rd-party-panel-slides-175612/

Most don't show us anything that we don't already know but the ones that steal the show are Mastermind Creastions and FansProject.

Mastermind Creations

- What look to be final Prototype for Hexatron.
- Painted Hearts of Steel Seekers (Deluxe and Voyager class)
- PREDAKING!!!

FansProject

- Menasor!! Silhouette of the Gestalt has been shown but no new Stunticons from the two we have already seen.
- They are doing the 1987 Headmasters! :eek:
- Minerva! :D
- Remolds of the FP Insecticons into sci-fi vehicles (doesn't seem G1 inspired but new character creations)

GoktimusPrime
29th July 2012, 10:32 AM
Is it just me, or do those Seekers kinda look really similar to the MP mould?? I hope it's not a miniaturised retooled replica... cos that'd kinda make it borderline KO IMHO (though admittedly not accurate enough to be passed off as legit unless someone were incredibly ignorant about MPs).

kup
29th July 2012, 10:56 AM
Is it just me, or do those Seekers kinda look really similar to the MP mould?? I hope it's not a miniaturised retooled replica... cos that'd kinda make it borderline KO IMHO (though admittedly not accurate enough to be passed off as legit unless someone were incredibly ignorant about MPs).

Very old news predating MP-11 announcement. IGear is one of the less scrupulous 3rd parties. They seem to be composed of a group of smaller 3rd parties each with their own style and 'etiquette', in a sense they seem to work like a '3rd Party Publisher' from what I can gather. One of their 'subsidiaries' is not above 'KOing' official molds with 'fan friendly' modifications (most have already been addressed by MP-11).

Those seekers were released a year or more ago and are MP size. There was the usual backlash due to the KOing but a lot of people still bought them as they made cone head seekers and repaints that Hasbro had not yet done. However from what is said, their quality wasn't very good.

Thanksfully they don't seem to be KOing hasbro molds anymore (or at least they haven't announced anything new). It's a shame as it seems that the other of their 'subsidiaries' have incredible talent but the KOing side of Igear brings the overall rep of the 3rd party company down IMO.

SuspectimusPrime
29th July 2012, 01:42 PM
Such amazing news! I really want them all (maybe minus the HOS Seekers :P), but would not know where to begin if they were all released at the same time!

From these mind-blowing revelations:
* Mastermind Creations Terminus Hexatron - Just so awesome, looks like he's ready to take out City Commander :D
* Mastermind Creations Ferocicus - Scale!! :P Hopefully these guys will be a bit larger or similar to TFC Hercules. The bulk will be suiting :)
* Twin Twist and Topspin - Not 100% on the chunky/bulky look, but it seems like they'll look great together with iGear Presser :)
* Dark King - Is Internal Custom the name of the third party producer? :confused: I've been waiting for someone to make something like this for Cybertron Scorponok, but really wish this third party gave more attention to the actual headmaster component. It looks a bit skinny and weak compared with recent releases by Headrobots/FP.
* FP Cybertronian mode Insecticons - This mold will really bringing the hurt to my wallet..
* FP Function X/Headmasters - Eagerly awaiting! But I wonder if they're going with these as final colours for Skullcruncher and Brainstorm? That Red/Blue/White colour scheme for the alligator looks like what the Decepticons did to Optimus's body in thr G1 Cartoons - a welcome repaint! :D

canofwhoopass_87
29th July 2012, 04:06 PM
Looks like there's a classics deluxe style Trailbreaker in there. Pretty cool. Ah and that igear sharkticon. I remember seeing that up for pre order on RK like 3-4 years ago.

Those 3rd party Headmasters look awesome too. I'm sure hasbro/taktom would be able to develop their own as part of the classics/generations line, but that's yet to happen.

Hursticon
29th July 2012, 04:33 PM
FansProject: Mindwipe
FansProject: Weirdwolf
FansProject: Minerva
FansProject: Chromedome
FansProject: Brainstorm
FansProject: Skullcruncher/Gator-Prime
FansProject: Deluxe Insecticons
FansProject: Stunticons/Menasor
FansProject: Broadside
FansProject: Steelcore
Mastermind Creations: Predacons/Predaking
Mastermind Creations: Sixshot
Mastermind Creations: Shockwave
Mastermind Creations: Seekers/Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp
HeadRobots: Whirl (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Mindwipe (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Iguana Headmaster
HeadRobots: Highbrow (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Skullgrin (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Banzaitron (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Trailbreaker/Hoist
TFC Toys: Aerialbots/Superion
Mech iDeas: Twintwist/Topspin
iGear: Sharkticon
BTS Toys: Overlord
Impossible Toys: Allicon

... Hurstigasmed!!! :eek::eek::eek:
... Wallet on suicide watch. :(

KalEl
29th July 2012, 04:47 PM
My wallet has thrown itself under a bus, then jumped off a cliff and is now hanging with a shotgun...
But in all seriousness I am super excited and now super poor with everything coming out this year...

Sam
29th July 2012, 06:39 PM
Wow, it is getting hard to save money.

Trent
29th July 2012, 08:36 PM
FansProject: Mindwipe
FansProject: Weirdwolf
FansProject: Minerva
FansProject: Chromedome
FansProject: Brainstorm
FansProject: Skullcruncher/Gator-Prime
FansProject: Deluxe Insecticons
FansProject: Stunticons/Menasor
FansProject: Broadside
FansProject: Steelcore
Mastermind Creations: Predacons/Predaking
Mastermind Creations: Sixshot
Mastermind Creations: Shockwave
Mastermind Creations: Seekers/Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp
HeadRobots: Whirl (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Mindwipe (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Iguana Headmaster
HeadRobots: Highbrow (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Skullgrin (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Banzaitron (Upgrade)
HeadRobots: Trailbreaker/Hoist
TFC Toys: Aerialbots/Superion
Mech iDeas: Twintwist/Topspin
iGear: Sharkticon
BTS Toys: Overlord
Impossible Toys: Allicon

That is indeed an awesome list designed to give my wife a panic attack:p Keen for them to start selling already!!:D

Wow, it is getting hard to save money.

Yes it is:o

SuspectimusPrime
29th July 2012, 10:40 PM

Sorry to say this to you, Wallet, but there's a chance the upcoming year could look like this:

FansProject: Mindwipe = $70
FansProject: Weirdwolf = $70
FansProject: Minerva = $70
FansProject: Chromedome = $70
FansProject: Brainstorm = $70
FansProject: Skullcruncher/Gator-Prime = $70 x 2
FansProject: Deluxe Insecticons = $60 x 3 + (Cybertronian mode Insecticons: $60 x 3)
FansProject: Stunticons/Menasor = $350:confused:
FansProject: Broadside = $100
FansProject: Steelcore = $70
Mastermind Creations: Predacons/Predaking = $450?:confused:
Mastermind Creations: Sixshot = $120?:confused:
Mastermind Creations: Shockwave = $160
Mastermind Creations: Seekers/Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp = $100 x 3?
HeadRobots: Whirl (Upgrade) = $30?
HeadRobots: Mindwipe (Upgrade) = $30?
HeadRobots: Iguana Headmaster = $30?
HeadRobots: Highbrow (Upgrade) = $30?
HeadRobots: Skullgrin (Upgrade) = $30?
HeadRobots: Banzaitron (Upgrade) = $30?
HeadRobots: Trailbreaker/Hoist = $80?
TFC Toys: Aerialbots/Superion = $500?:confused:
Mech iDeas: Twintwist/Topspin = $60 x 2?
iGear: Sharkticon = $80?
BTS Toys: Overlord = $100?
Impossible Toys: Allicon = $80?

Potential subtotal = $3,540 (not including postage..) ;)

Lord_Zed
29th July 2012, 11:50 PM
You forgot Igear's Presser +$100 ;)

And then you have whatever Maketoys, and Toyworld decide to release next year.

Also I imagine Igear will make more mini bots.

Trent
30th July 2012, 06:30 AM
^^I know aye, some tough decisions ahead as to what to get. :(

VERT
30th July 2012, 07:58 AM
So so much stuff.So little money. Looks like something has to give..... Nice knowing you Hasbro. Call me when you can make good TFs again and we will do lunch. :p Okay will get Prime show characters still but thats it I think. 3rd Party stuff is the way to go i think. All so fantastic :D Even excited about Twin Twist and Top Spin for the first time ever :D

SuspectimusPrime
30th July 2012, 07:09 PM
I'm just going to have to make bets and go for my favs that will most likely to appreciate the quickest on the secondary market, and then work my way down that order of priority. Ultimately if there are several things on that list that are super important and really strikes at your nostalgia cord (Ahhh Gestalts...:o), you'd want to pay the least for them :)

Hursticon
31st July 2012, 12:40 PM
I'm just going to have to make bets and go for my favs that will most likely to appreciate the quickest on the secondary market, and then work my way down that order of priority. Ultimately if there are several things on that list that are super important and really strikes at your nostalgia cord (Ahhh Gestalts...:o), you'd want to pay the least for them :)

Agreed! :D
Oh and cheers for reality checking my list too! :p