PDA

View Full Version : KO Abominous alert

reillyd
31st July 2012, 03:16 PM
I'm just going to link to the image, rather than providing a direct link to the site. If you're curious enough and savvy, you'd be able to find it anyway, but per the board's policy on not actively promoting toys that infringe on Has/Tak IP I won't provide the hyperlink

http://chimungmung.com/images/T2eMNPXa4aXXXXXXXX_!!10677933.jpg

The combiner Abominous is being listed for preorder on various stores. I'm not sure whether these are just stock photos of someone's loose collection, or the final product. But if you start to see many loose but complete pieces of this combiner team on ebay, consider yourself forewarned :)

kup
31st July 2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Are there any identification guides?

Hursticon
31st July 2012, 04:31 PM
Oh man, I am so friggin' glad that I managed to complete my own (Sans a couple of the 'limbs' guns) before this bull-crap hit. :o

griffin
31st July 2012, 11:20 PM
Are there any identification guides?

Won't know until it is released, for people to do up a guide to spot the fakes.

5FDP
1st August 2012, 07:47 AM
Well it's good to see that the production of KO's has slowed since the supposed shut-down of KOToys :rolleyes:

Skullcruncher
1st August 2012, 08:19 AM
Well it's good to see that the production of KO's has slowed since the supposed shut-down of KOToys :rolleyes:

Yeah, I dont know why they keep making combiners - I mean they don't sell for that much (160-200) and the prices for g1 transformers has dropped considerably in the last 12 months.

blackie
1st August 2012, 01:48 PM

he produced zero KO's
he just sold them

reillyd
1st August 2012, 06:42 PM
he produced zero KO's
he just sold them

Good point, but I think he was referring to KOToys as their primary method of distribution. It drove sales of KO, and there are now relatively few places to obtain them now. It might just change their business model and viability of future releases.

kup
1st August 2012, 07:02 PM
To be fair, KO Toys was never deceptive in the stock they sold as all KOs were clearly labeled as such. The buyer always knew what he was purchasing.

I don't think KOToys was never any significant distribution point of KOs. Ebay has always been the main distributor and on top of that, the KO sellers there are far less scrupulous in their item description often referring to them as 'reissues' or as 'G1' with an actual intent of deceiving the buyer.

5FDP
2nd August 2012, 08:55 AM
Good point, but I think he was referring to KOToys as their primary method of distribution. It drove sales of KO, and there are now relatively few places to obtain them now. It might just change their business model and viability of future releases.

That's exactly what I was referring to :) It was also a bit of a 'tongue-in-cheek' statement ;)

GoktimusPrime
2nd August 2012, 09:47 AM
So glad I already have Abominus. If I didn't already have these toys, I would try to get them ASAP -- before the KOs start proliferating the aftermarket.

reillyd
17th December 2012, 12:41 AM
I just saw a listing for loose Abominus in an auction site, being sold among other 'remakes'. Not eBay, but I expect they will pop up

Chinta63
21st December 2012, 12:45 AM
I'm just going to link to the image, rather than providing a direct link to the site. If you're curious enough and savvy, you'd be able to find it anyway, but per the board's policy on not actively promoting toys that infringe on Has/Tak IP I won't provide the hyperlink

http://chimungmung.com/images/T2eMNPXa4aXXXXXXXX_!!10677933.jpg

The combiner Abominous is being listed for preorder on various stores. I'm not sure whether these are just stock photos of someone's loose collection, or the final product. But if you start to see many loose but complete pieces of this combiner team on ebay, consider yourself forewarned :)

They are loose? Not in packaging?

kup
21st December 2012, 09:25 AM
They are loose? Not in packaging?

If they are, that's even worse as they will intermix with loose legit samples. You won't know if the accessory you bought is legit or not.

liegeprime
21st December 2012, 09:51 AM
Thank goodness Ive completed these guys way before. 2nd combiner I ever got actually. The previous KOs released had obvious differences like brighter whites and cheap looking plastic easily spotted even in pics. plus they had incomplete members which was swapped with 2 members from Computron - this one looks all solid to from Abominus , hmmmm tis getting harder to spot.

Makes me think though could there be an Encore Abominus on the pipeline and somehow these molds are somehow "leaked" that the KO makers rush to make their own? I don't wanna be a conspiracy advocate or something but the factory IP security in China isn't exactly exemplary.

Yeah, I dont know why they keep making combiners - I mean they don't sell for that much (160-200) and the prices for g1 transformers has dropped considerably in the last 12 months.

I guess it's the available mold that they have. Erm mebbe some G1s but not all hehehe. Cmooooon Overlord get your freaking price down down down!!!:D:D:p

Bidoofdude
24th December 2012, 08:54 PM
And I just learned who Abominous was 5 minutes ago. :D:o

ILikeSoundwave
25th December 2012, 12:04 PM
And I just learned who Abominous was 5 minutes ago. :D:o

Just 5 minutes ago, have you watched the G1 show.:eek:
He's like my second favourite combiner.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbaYUoXylXb4jSYK4BTP2vFBYykDjhF r2dyfjqOh_DulwnX_-inOT3Dhre

Bidoofdude
25th December 2012, 05:38 PM
Not every episode. Nearly there. Seen him though. Not exactly my fave.

Trent
25th December 2012, 07:47 PM
Not every episode. Nearly there. Seen him though. Not exactly my fave.

Yeah I have always failed to see the appeal. Both in the toy and in fiction.