PDA

View Full Version : TFC-Toys Photron camera

Ultra Mackness
1st August 2012, 05:17 AM
Couldn't find a thread on this, but the latest tf-source news has this posted up for preorder. A fantastic looking alt mode, but not sure about the bot mode or price tag though.

http://tfsource.com/products/view/product_id/5061/

Hursticon
1st August 2012, 01:01 PM
These do look like really well made & designed figures, for sure - I'm pretty satisfied with my PerfectEffect: Scouting Force X set though. ;):)

SuspectimusPrime
1st August 2012, 01:22 PM
I wonder why they chose to push this product out ahead of their other original products that no other third parties has already released? :confused:

I'm quite happy with Scouting Force X, and am interested in a version of Reflector that's a bit larger, but will have to move this way down on my want list behind the other original releases in the months to come.

Lord_Zed
1st August 2012, 08:34 PM
Maybe they were already committed to it when PE's scouting force was released?

While I am happy with PE's Reflector I do think this toy looks great, and show's a definite improvement in TFC's toy making skill.

Sutton
6th August 2012, 10:48 AM
They lost me at the size difference between the three bots. The colour choice is a bit crappy too.

But that is a fantastic looking camera mode.

Trent
6th August 2012, 02:58 PM
Altmode looks great! Those are definitely robots in disguise!!

KalEl
14th August 2012, 06:18 PM
These do look like really well made & designed figures, for sure - I'm pretty satisfied with my PerfectEffect: Scouting Force X set though. ;):)

Im in the same boat here, but will be interested to get one in hand

Sky Shadow
17th August 2012, 10:04 AM
This is amazing - by far the most professional-looking third-party product and done without conspicuously infringing upon and thieving intellectual property.

kup
17th August 2012, 10:11 AM
This is amazing - by far the most professional-looking third-party product and done without conspicuously infringing upon and thieving intellectual property.

Is the Camera based on a real model?

Hursticon
17th August 2012, 02:20 PM
Is the Camera based on a real model?

If not it could certainly pass as one, which if I remember hearing correctly is the exact reason why the TFC Reps at TFCon purposely chose to bring out & display the set in Bot mode because they figured that otherwise people would just think they were holding a camera. :p:cool:

SuspectimusPrime
17th August 2012, 07:14 PM
New pics (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/tfc-toys-photron-final-product-photos-175726/) via tfw2005.

Seems to be loosely modeled to look like a generic SLR camera. Guess they're not going to take the likeness of any major brands as to not incur their legal wrath. Do like how you can take the lens off - a nice little gimmick that adds to the alt mode's realism.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/400539_397838773610085_1042768780_n_1345143764.jpg

TFC also adds their own style by making the reflector component robots non-identical.