PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends and other 6' figures

stencilator
23rd June 2008, 04:26 PM
I just want to get an idea of how many other ozformers collect Marvel Legends figures and other similar scale figures. I only started collecting them a little while ago, mainly to create some custom figures, but as with TF's, the addiction got a little out of control... I'm blaming the new Iron Man figures... very cool and plenty of customising opportunities.

If anyone is interested I'll post some pics of some of the custom figures.

STL
23rd June 2008, 04:37 PM
I used to but I sold all of mine off last year. (the first 12 waves from Toybiz). Hasbro's haven't been as good from all I've seen and heard. They are nice but TFs are just superior for play value as well as display. I also find ML figures to be terrible to display b/c they just don't stand well.

I think Digger does and I know a few others do too but can't remember who.

TheDirtyDigger
23rd June 2008, 04:37 PM
I have quite a few. Along with Marvel Legends I collect the DC Direct ones. About 100 combined so far as a very loose estimate. Will confirm numbers at home later.

EDIT: My 4 year old has the two new Iron Man (silver and gold) as well as Titanium Man ans Iron Monger.

stencilator
23rd June 2008, 04:42 PM
I have quite a few. Along with Marvel Legends I collect the DC Direct ones. About 100 combined so far as a very loose estimate. Will confirm numbers at home later.

Cool. If you have any pics I'd love to check out the collection. I'm trying to narrow mine down to groups... X-Men, Avengers, Justice League... just the main characters too to try and keep the numbers down. Half mine live in drawers.

TheDirtyDigger
23rd June 2008, 04:46 PM
Practically all my ML are MOSC. Not a massive collection of those...Sentinel, Apocolypse, Galactus and Mojo Series and the five pack FF box.

And alternately all My Justice League/DC are open and on display. Love them alot more. Less articulation....more sexiness.

Will post a pic one day soon.

Fungal Infection
23rd June 2008, 05:43 PM
I collect ML but I'm almost done since I have all the characters I want. I mainly collect the groups like Avengers and X-men. Here's some pics of my collection from earlier this year which has since been updated with new figures. This is only half my collection as the other half is currently in drawers (most of the displayed characters have either been X-men or Avengers affiliated at some point). I also have some variants which I want to offload if anyone's interested - Sentry (bearded variant), Bishop (bald variant) and AOA Sabretooth, all MOSC. I'm also after Vision and Hawkeye to complete my Avengers lineup so anyone with those 2 figures who wishes to part with them, please PM me.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/The%20Playroom%20V2/Playroom2044.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/The%20Playroom%20V2/Playroom2045.jpg

stencilator
23rd June 2008, 06:39 PM
I was also looking for a Hawkeye... not just to complete my collection (my surname is Hawke)... but now I've started creating my own. I'll post pics when he's done.

TheDirtyDigger
23rd June 2008, 07:18 PM
I have a Hawkeye but not a ML one. He's from an earlier series of Avengers figs and his costume is the crap one with the hair showing.
Will keep an eye out for a ML Hawkeye for you.

Ok did a nearly exact count on my stuff. 100 was an exaggeration. I have nearly 80 but with more being DC than Marvel.

Couple of photos but you can't hardly see any of the ML in these pics.

liegeprime
23rd June 2008, 08:20 PM
I have very few. Captain America variant, Cyclops variant, Archangel ( my Fave), Colossus, Galactus ( ok so he's not 6' technically), Psylocke, Beast, Gambit, Iceman, Spiderman, Mr Sinister, Vega ( from Street Fighter) and I have a broken Nightcrawler (his head snapped off :(() which Im still trying to replace but having no such luck. I have my moments of getting inspired to get more but TFs somehow always overrides the impulse and I end up ordering Tfs instead and putting off buying MLs, etc figs.

Im just after to complete ( well the ones I like only) an Xmen team.
Just after but not too keenly as I would if it was TFs, Phoenix, NIghtcrawler ( replacement), Wolverine (of course), Decent looking version of Storm, Bishop, and Rogue. The rest i can live without. hmmm come to think of it, I dont even have a decent pic of these toys in my collection... must remedy that...

Fungal Infection
24th June 2008, 01:41 PM
New photos of my current ML display:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/Toys/marvellegends1.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q305/Redboost77/Toys/marvellegends2.jpg

ChlorHex
7th July 2008, 05:41 AM
hey cool collection u got there, fungal.

I collect ML as well but I try to keep most of em MOSC as I really liked the way Toybiz went about including a comic as well... they display best unopened IMO.

However, when it comes to Iron Man, I can't resist taking out the figures as that's my favorite Marvel character :D

Say, the movie Iron Man figures by Hasbro are not truly to scale with the ML figures am I right? They seem a little smaller... :confused:

stencilator
7th July 2008, 02:31 PM
hey cool collection u got there, fungal.

I collect ML as well but I try to keep most of em MOSC as I really liked the way Toybiz went about including a comic as well... they display best unopened IMO.

However, when it comes to Iron Man, I can't resist taking out the figures as that's my favorite Marvel character :D

Say, the movie Iron Man figures by Hasbro are not truly to scale with the ML figures am I right? They seem a little smaller... :confused:

I find him a pretty good match. Once I find my display cabinets again (they're lost in the renovation mess at the moment) I'll post a pic of him with the other Avengers.

ChlorHex
8th July 2008, 02:10 AM
I find him a pretty good match. Once I find my display cabinets again (they're lost in the renovation mess at the moment) I'll post a pic of him with the other Avengers.

Looking forward to the pics, Stencilator :)

cygnus
21st July 2008, 04:48 PM
I' ve started my small collection of marvel legends this year..
so far have the house of M, a few of spidies, X-men, the whole monkeyman series ..etc.

Did anyone know where to find the Pitt series? I m looking for Judge dread, Madman and the Patriot as to complete my pitt as well.

Also looking forward to the Fin fang and Red hulk series, but no idea if Aus will get any of them :(

TheDirtyDigger
21st July 2008, 05:05 PM
Casefresh had them Cygnus. Was only $60 for the whole set for a while too. Otherwise I would check your comic specialty stores as ones in Melbourne have some.
Just got PITT from Stencilator and I have to say...one of the favourite figures in my collection. Always loved the comic but only ever got the first 3 or 4 issues.

cygnus
21st July 2008, 10:01 PM
I've checked my local stores, but could only find the rest of them (savage dragon...etc.) How much per each in Melbourne? Here toyworld listing at 6.99 for the legendary heroes.

If anyone find them/consider selling them (judge dread, madman, patriot) please let me know :D

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s18/benwhc/DSC00861-1.jpg

TheDirtyDigger
22nd July 2008, 07:04 AM
I've checked my local stores, but could only find the rest of them (savage dragon...etc.) How much per each in Melbourne? Here toyworld listing at 6.99 for the legendary heroes.

If anyone find them/consider selling them (judge dread, madman, patriot) please let me know :D

They're 24.95 but I didn't see those three you mentioned for a little while here too. (judge dredd, madman, patriot)
There's a comic shop on the other side of town I'll check out on the weekend.

Omega Supreme
7th August 2008, 09:17 AM
I collect the Marvel Legends line as well, although I dont have very many. I mainly collect the figs to go with the comics I read, like Hulk etc. I also have a few of the larger marvel icons series, personally I prefer them over the legends line.

TheDirtyDigger
5th September 2008, 10:00 AM
This guy looks to be the Griffin of Marvel Legends.

Marvel Legends Displays (http://www.marvellegends.net/)

Blown away and inspired to get me some more ML after this.
Check that Iron Man armory! And the Avengers Mansion!!!

Thanks lcz for putting me onto this site.

STL
5th September 2008, 12:00 PM
Whoa, way cool.

Pulse
5th September 2008, 01:54 PM
& he built that mansion (http://www.marvellegends.net/Display/MansionLg.jpg) from scratch? That is insanely cool! :D

cygnus
12th September 2008, 04:11 PM
just wonder if anyone know are we getting the target exclusive RED HULK baf series in Australia?

I m so desperate to get this. :mad:

STL
13th September 2008, 10:22 AM
just wonder if anyone know are we getting the target exclusive RED HULK baf series in Australia?

I m so desperate to get this. :mad:

We don't even get most of the stuff in Australia let alone that. Normally Toy Kingdom gets them in about 8 months after they're released for cheap. Other than that, Casefresh is the other place that does offer them that I know of