PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Vanessa Warfield from M.A.S.K

Ravagecat
7th August 2012, 01:13 PM
Hi all,

I'm hoping a M.A.S.K collector can help me out with the following figure:

Vanessa Warfield - Human figure only please C8 or better

Please post a pic if you have here and your asking price.

Thanks

Ravagecat
7th August 2012, 01:15 PM
Here's what she looks like

http://www.transformerland.com/show_parent_g12.php?action=full_size&toyid=39012&genid=1005&figurename=Vanessa%20Warfield&gen=M.A.S.K.&genre=Figure%20Packs%20%28Europe%20Exclusive%29&name=Floyd%20Malloy%20and%20Vanessa%20Warfield&genreid=3040

Sky Shadow
7th August 2012, 05:26 PM
I've always wanted Vanessa Warfield too!

Oh, you mean the toy. Yeah, that's what I meant too. :p

Lord_Zed
7th August 2012, 08:22 PM

Who doesn't?

It must be her sexy deep masculine voice.:D

Ravagecat
7th August 2012, 10:54 PM

Oh, you mean the toy. Yeah, that's what I meant too. :p

Who doesn't?

It must be her sexy deep masculine voice.:D

Nice one guys...I'll choose my words more carefully next time :rolleyes:

GoktimusPrime
8th August 2012, 09:02 PM
As a kid I never saw Vanessa Warfield or Gloria Baker toys (or their vehicles) in stores. I used to wonder if they ever existed or if they were just made-up female characters for political correctness like Arcee. Now I know. :) Did these toys ever come out in Australia? Cos I seriously don't remember ever seeing them in stores... and even though I was never a big M.A.S.K. fans, one does take notice of female action figures cos their such a rarity! (still have never found a Gwen Tennyson toy from Ben 10... maaayyybe once but it came with a playset or big vehicle or something... not sure... definitely never seen one sold individually as a figure).

Ravagecat
8th August 2012, 11:07 PM
As a kid I never saw Vanessa Warfield or Gloria Baker toys (or their vehicles) in stores. I used to wonder if they ever existed or if they were just made-up female characters for political correctness like Arcee. Now I know. :) Did these toys ever come out in Australia? Cos I seriously don't remember ever seeing them in stores... and even though I was never a big M.A.S.K. fans, one does take notice of female action figures cos their such a rarity! (still have never found a Gwen Tennyson toy from Ben 10... maaayyybe once but it came with a playset or big vehicle or something... not sure... definitely never seen one sold individually as a figure).

To be honest mate, I have no idea whether the toy for Vanessa was released in Aus. As a kid I only remember seeing and owning (Raven and Firefly) the first series of MASK toys in toyworld. I bought Vanessa's purple car from a secondhand dealer about 10 years ago and got her mask from a bag of MASK figures (humans) not long after from another dealer (both in Brisbane). It's possible the original owner/s brought them in from over seas. It's even possible that one dealer picked up the vehicles from the flea markets or something and another dealer found the human/figures possibly from the same market (to explain how I got her mask). It's annoying that only her mask and not her figure were in that lot...Either way it's definitely a mystery :)

As for Gwen there have been 3 incarnations of her released here. The first being lucky girl (when she was 10 and had these charms that gave her powers), second being her in her anodite mode (some weird energy form), and third being what you have seen the teenage version of her with part of a helicopter vehicle.

Looks like I may have to see if I can get Matt from Transformerland to source me one :cool::D

Lord_Zed
9th August 2012, 08:29 PM
Vanessa's Manta was indeed released in Australia, however it was released as part of the Racing series after the show had finished on Australia television.

I recall seeing one with the racing series at an independent toystore, but never got one.

Gloria was also released locally with Stiletto as part of the Split Seconds range even later, I wanted that toy too, though I think Manta is better.

So yeah it took Kenner three years to make the first female mask toy, for Transformers it took Hasbro what? 20?

Sky Shadow
10th August 2012, 01:07 AM
So yeah it took Kenner three years to make the first female mask toy, for Transformers it took Hasbro what? 20?

Hasbro is rubbish when it comes to female Transformers, but it's not the only toyline - Visionaries never released Galadria or Virulina, Bravestarr never released Judge JB, Centurions never had Crystal Kane. At the other extreme, I find it bizarre that I can buy so many Evangelion toys of Asuka, Rei and even Mari, yet Shinji almost never gets a look in.

Ravagecat
15th September 2012, 03:41 PM
Was able to get Vanessa through an overseas contact...Thank you!