PDA

View Full Version : Please test the board, and let me know of any new problems.

griffin
24th June 2008, 01:51 PM
I am auto-redirecting the old domain to the new temporary domain, to cover people while their Internet Service Providers take time to update their registries to the new IP location.

As such, there may be a few postings on the old location in the 10 odd minutes of the transfer (I didn't want to risk redoing it tonight when no one was online, and have some other problems occur).

When the the auto-redirect is no longer needed in the next couple of days, I will have a look to see if any postings were made during that time that need to be mentioned at this new location. Or, if you made a posting around 2pm today and notice it missing, you could re-post it.

Okay, over the next week, please post here, or contact me if you find anything that isn't working, or you think isn't working the way it should. Iceburn and I have already noticed that certain functions auto-redirect you to a part of the post you weren't at, at the time you accessed that function, but if that isn't something I can't fix, it isn't a huge deal (I think), unless it is a constant problem.

I will also return the rest of the attachments in the next few days, that were temporarily deleted to reduce the size of the back-up copy.

Paulbot
24th June 2008, 01:54 PM
Just a minor thing, but some PMs I got today aren't here.

iceburn
24th June 2008, 01:55 PM
dont worry about my attached pics to the server griff...the post can make do without it, save the space

will report more errors if found (if any)

[edit]
Thanks for the smooth transition as said so other time :D

griffin
24th June 2008, 02:08 PM
Private messages - that was a part of the database copy I uploaded last night, so that will also have some missing (anything sent or received between 3am to 3pm today). If I tried to re-upload a current copy of the PMs section of the database tonight, any messages sent from now to midnight would be lost. Besides, I don't want to risk playing with anything unless it is absolutely necessary.
If anyone had a private message received or sent during that 12 period and it is missing, and really needs it, let me know, and I will try to access the old server's copy of the board and retrieve it for you.
Sorry for that inconvenience - I just had an idea today and had to try it (uploading just part of the database relating to posts), and since it worked, I wasn't game to try again tonight to re-install everything.

Also, this will affect anything else you have done that isn't related to a post, during that 12 hour period, because at 3am everything but posts (at that time) were uploaded, and at 3pm the posts (at that time) were uploaded.

griffin
24th June 2008, 02:17 PM
I will also be updating the DNS registry now, which may cause connection problems if I have done it wrong (but shouldn't - then again, there wasn't supposed to be any problems with the board transfer either...).
When I get home tonight, I will see if the DNS registry update has taken affect, and adjust it if necessary.

MV75
24th June 2008, 02:42 PM
TEST

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l186/mv75/wwf.jpg

OH YEA, ABOUT TIME. :D
________
Avandia Settlements (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

Kyle
24th June 2008, 02:50 PM
This pic is just gold... :D

STL
24th June 2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks a tonne boss bot! and between MV75 and Kyle's pics and my post w/ links, we've got those functions back!

Pulse
24th June 2008, 03:50 PM
Thank you Griffin! :)

Yay!!! Pics are back!!! :D

Kyle
24th June 2008, 03:53 PM
Very happy~!!! :D

Thanks again boss bot~! :)

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 05:06 PM
That pic is indeed awesome.

The board is back and with a fury!!! It feels VERY fast to me. Also, I can edit my sig.

Has anyone experienced the redirect? I'd love to know the old board's address so I can test my rewrite code.

Borgeman
24th June 2008, 06:21 PM
more test:

this has a line through it
big space

i guess a visit into the enable code section is in order :)

George

Kyle
24th June 2008, 06:27 PM
Test

Maybe try [strike] instead of [s] for now... :p

Borgeman
24th June 2008, 06:43 PM
booo :/

[s] is so much cooler though, is gay[strike]er than kyle :D

George

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 07:04 PM
[s] is cooler, but it's been [strike] for a while.

dirge
24th June 2008, 08:28 PM
Since we're doing random pics...:

http://www.phobe.com/furby/dontstealpix.jpg

:eek:

MV75
24th June 2008, 08:36 PM
Leave the picture posting to me. :p

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l186/mv75/833dc2ae2b1f90a90b2d2315127549ee.jpg
________
Erotic (http://www.fucktube.com/)

loophole
24th June 2008, 10:15 PM
well my avatar that i created about 1 week ago actually uploaded so that works now

STL
24th June 2008, 10:58 PM
Nice avatar loophole!

Great pic too, MV75. :D

Tober
25th June 2008, 12:27 AM
The little OzFormer icon in the address bar is gone!! :eek:

Thanks for your efforts Griffin, this transition sounds really painful. :)

STL
25th June 2008, 12:35 AM

Drat! I just noticed u're right.

Oh well, functions over aesthetics anyday. Well, maybe not in the case of "matters of the heart"..

jaydisc
25th June 2008, 12:43 AM
Weird. Because the file is there:

http://www.otca.com.au/favicon.ico

It's just not showing up in the address bar. We got any favicon experts?

griffin
25th June 2008, 01:18 AM

Jaydisc just pointed it out to me, and I think we fixed it.

Tober
25th June 2008, 01:21 AM
Jaydisc just pointed it out to me, and I think we fixed it.

Yep, it's back now. :cool:

iceburn
25th June 2008, 06:20 AM
ahhh wasnt aware of the icon :)

bassbot
25th June 2008, 08:02 AM
great that the relocation got sorted. it seems to be working sweet for me. thanks Griffin for the email updates.

Kyle
25th June 2008, 09:38 AM
Thanks for everything Griffin~! :):):)

Robzy
25th June 2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks Griffin! :) We're baaaaaack!!!