PDA

View Full Version : Universe/Classics 2.0 Sightings

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

SilverDragon
29th August 2008, 09:29 PM
Alright, alright. He will be called The Artist Formerly Known As Octane. Happy? :p

dirge
29th August 2008, 09:38 PM
Oddly, SilverDragon, I saw only deluxes, nothing bigger.

TheDirtyDigger
29th August 2008, 09:51 PM
I just very sadly noticed that there are no rub signs :(

I'm gunna put some on myself.:)

All first wave Universe at Target Chadstone.

k.wong23
31st August 2008, 06:25 PM
Universe Blaster and Heavy Load at 24-7 Kmart :)

FFN
31st August 2008, 06:34 PM
Octankor?

Tankoctane?

Those names are almost as bad as the Yankees "insisting" his name is "Tankor"... :rolleyes:

Can't we just call him Octane? Please! Pretty Please! :) People call him Tankor for the purposes of convience, since there's no toy out called Octane.

If you're talking about the wiki, we only refer to official names there.

iceburn
31st August 2008, 07:05 PM
is it me or what but tankor/octane seems to be shortpacked.
there are more sunstreaker and prowl....

Paulbot
31st August 2008, 07:34 PM
Could be. There was no Tankor at the K-Mart I visited today, but two Sunstreaker and One Prowl. Plus one each of the Universe Robot heroes and two of Blaster and Heavy Load.

I also found a lot more Universe Robot Heroes at Target ($10) and the Universe Voyagers ($Ask Register Supervisor For Help).

I also noticed that Blaster's box says his partner is Blockrock but the techspec says it's Flashback just to add confusion.

iceburn
31st August 2008, 07:36 PM
that's a rare pack!! haha, i'm not sure, does everyone's say that way?

autobreadticon
31st August 2008, 07:41 PM
yeh u r right, unless someone is ninja-ing when they first are stocked, i could of sworn they aen't release cause i checked a Kmart on Friday that wasnt stocked but on Saturday stocked with Universe , but hey no universe Tankor. Its the only universe figure i want T_T

jaydisc
31st August 2008, 07:51 PM
Case assortment is 3 of Prowl, 3 of Sunstreaker and 2 Tankors.

Pulse
31st August 2008, 09:38 PM

That's strange...

A local K-mart had a couple of Prowl's & Octane's but no Sunstreaker's... :confused:

They're pretty much everywhere at the moment so just a little bit of searching will probably find you what you're looking for... :)

griffin
31st August 2008, 11:56 PM
Could be. There was no Tankor at the K-Mart I visited today, but two Sunstreaker and One Prowl. Plus one each of the Universe Robot heroes and two of Blaster and Heavy Load.

I also found a lot more Universe Robot Heroes at Target ($10) and the Universe Voyagers ($Ask Register Supervisor For Help).

I also noticed that Blaster's box says his partner is Blockrock but the techspec says it's Flashback just to add confusion.

I noticed that name in the bio when I got it as well, but one could plausibly explain it as referring to some other character, and not his minicon partner (like they do in some bios).

Tankor is probably shortpacked like Classics Grimlock was - Hasbro would have assessed it as being a less preferential item (if a kid or parent had to just pick one from an assortment, it would be the lowest priority figure), and prevented it from being a shelfwarmer that would stop the store reordering until they were sold.
Doesn't really explain their first wave Animated Voyager case ratio decision though (2 Bulkhead, 1 Megatron, 1 Starscream), unless they thought Bulkhead would sell more as the more onscreen character, as opposed to the nicer looking toy (Starscream) or better known (and leader) toy (Megatron).

Soundwarp
1st September 2008, 06:37 AM
IMO Dude Bulkhead is the better looking bar far out of those 3.

On several occasions i have nearly bought him :p

i_amtrunks
1st September 2008, 10:10 AM
Kmart Blacktown had 2 Sunstreakers (1 now) but no other Deluxes
3 Blaster and Heavy Load Voyager figures
3 of each of the Robot Heroes figures (be careful Hound vs. Blitzwing and Cheetor vs. Blackarachnia have terrible paint apps)
and a solitary Legends Starscream.

All in the normal toy section, which is back to it's terribly messy, damaged packaging state.

piratescratch
1st September 2008, 04:05 PM
Spotted all of wave one deluxes at Target CBD store (Melbourne). There's about 3 to 5 of each, they're littered amongst the movie line in the Transformers section and there are a few of them in the front of the aisles.

Robzy
1st September 2008, 06:37 PM
I've seen heaps of all these figures... but I am curious - are the Ultra Class figs (Onslaught, Powerglide) going to appear anywhere (other than Toyworld), eg. Target or Kmart, so that we can get them on sale? :confused:

Pulse
1st September 2008, 07:19 PM
I've seen heaps of all these figures... but I am curious - are the Ultra Class figs (Onslaught, Powerglide) going to appear anywhere (other than Toyworld), eg. Target or Kmart, so that we can get them on sale? :confused:

If there's one thing we've been forced to learn as Aussie Transfans - it's patience... :rolleyes:

roller
1st September 2008, 10:22 PM
Garden City Booragoon K-Marche has 1 Sunstreaker and legends Starscream and onslaught

Thanatos
1st September 2008, 10:29 PM
Full wave 1 (Sunstreaker, Octane, Prowl, Onslaught, Powerglide, Blaster and Heavy Load) sighted at a local Toyworld.

Deluxes and Voyagers of the same wave also spotted at Kmart.

Golden Phoenix
1st September 2008, 11:28 PM
the first 3 deluxes were at the Box Hill Target today.

iceburn
1st September 2008, 11:42 PM
the first 3 deluxes were at the Box Hill Target today.

erm think i might have something to do with that but it's a long story :D

jaydisc
2nd September 2008, 12:15 AM
Ha ha. From USA to Box Hill

iceburn
2nd September 2008, 12:24 AM
Ha ha. From USA to Box Hill

spot on!!

Robzy
2nd September 2008, 12:26 AM
From USA to Box HillAlmost as catchy as "From Paris to Berlin"... almost!

STL
2nd September 2008, 12:37 AM

I'm up for a long story. :)

JuzMel
2nd September 2008, 11:38 AM
Hmm that's funny, I thought Sunstreaker was the one that was short-packed. I'm short of him too as I only found 2 Tankors and 2 Prowls last week.

But saw 1-2 of each of the Universe Robot Heroes at 24-7 Kmart for $9.99 each. Couldn't convince myself to buy, that can wait for sale.

iceburn
2nd September 2008, 11:47 AM
mei...as jay quoted..there are 3 sunstreakers, 3 prowls and 2 octane/tankor
shortpacked means they didn't even the odds of have 3 of each in the box.

sunstreaker might have been more popular in this instance as you didn't see them.
i saw heaps and know where to get them if you want, else you can have my spare (which is with jay now) hence the middle part of my long story

But saw 1-2 of each of the Universe Robot Heroes at 24-7 Kmart for $9.99 each. Couldn't convince myself to buy, that can wait for sale.

i was selling mine for the 15% off price but nobody wanted it. now kup has made claim on it...:P

Golden Phoenix
2nd September 2008, 01:39 PM

Lucky I passed then. Nobody wants pre-unloved Transformers. But that does help explain the scuff marks on the bubble

iceburn
2nd September 2008, 01:45 PM
But that does help explain the scuff marks on the bubble

that was BBTS's fault...*curses*

King Atlas
2nd September 2008, 03:21 PM
Mt Druitt Target has a nice stock of the first wave deluxes,
almost as if they were put on the shelves today.
And Just outside target, K-mart has alot of tf stock from:
animated(quite a few primes from both class sizes),
movie(alot of the two exclusive packs: prime(voyager) with bumblebee(dlx) and the
massive-looking battle-damaged three pack) and universe.

They have very few deluxes, but
they have a few robot heroes, a few
legends and a good lot of the first two voyagers which target lacks.
Every single thing ive mentiod, is retail price.
(Both stores have all three deluxes, btw.)

JuzMel
2nd September 2008, 04:42 PM
mei...as jay quoted..there are 3 sunstreakers, 3 prowls and 2 octane/tankor
shortpacked means they didn't even the odds of have 3 of each in the box.

sunstreaker might have been more popular in this instance as you didn't see them.
i saw heaps and know where to get them if you want, else you can have my spare (which is with jay now) hence the middle part of my long story

Oh whoops.. sorry lar.. I only meant that Kmart "short-packed" it themselves because I didn't see any Sunstreaker that time.. :( Jay, can I have the spare on please? Thanks..

iceburn
2nd September 2008, 05:00 PM
it's mine Mel, i've already paid for it but yet to get it. you can have it...

blackie
2nd September 2008, 05:18 PM
there was a few octanes and sunstreakers at target in knox city today -1 octane for me :D

piratescratch
3rd September 2008, 02:53 PM
Big W CBD (Melburne) has two of each ultra class Onslaught and Silverbolt.

Target CBD (Melbourne) has about two to three (might be more) of voyager class Blaster and Heaverload. Couldn't see anymore deluxe class Tankors but plenty of Prowls and a few more Sunstreakers left

iceburn
3rd September 2008, 02:54 PM
Big W CBD (Melburne) has two of each ultra class Onslaught and Silverbolt.

How much are they??

piratescratch
3rd September 2008, 03:06 PM
How much are they??

Sorry don't have a clue, Big W didn't have the price tags on the shelf that or I completely missed them.

iceburn
3rd September 2008, 03:06 PM
thanks.... should have dropped by BigW just now

Robzy
3rd September 2008, 05:54 PM
Big W CBD (Melburne) has two of each ultra class Onslaught and Silverbolt.Oh yeah - now that's what I wanted to hear!

Fungal Infection
3rd September 2008, 06:24 PM
Saw the Ultras at a local south-west Big W for $58.88.

k.wong23
3rd September 2008, 07:43 PM
Ouchies so expensive at BIG W!

Lots of sunstreaker, prowls and 1 octane left at Camby Target

llamatron
3rd September 2008, 08:52 PM
$58!?!?!?

Daaaaaang. That's gonna hurt. I assume that K-mart / Target will have them for $60 each... so they'll be $48 during 20% off times. Hmm, I really don't want to miss out on Onslaught. I wonder if it'll still be cheaper to get Henkei's with the way the dollar has been going.

Also, no Powerglide!?!?

Tallestblue
3rd September 2008, 09:20 PM
I went to the Big W at Runaway Bay here in Queensland and they have Both Onslaught and Silverbolt for $58.80 and Sunstreaker, Prowl, Tankor, Galvatron and Acid Storm for $23.88.
So natch, I grabbed em, 'cept for Acid Storm as I'll only grab Thundercracker and Skywarp repaints of Starscream.
Plus I'm a Woolworths employee so I saved about ten bucks on top of that.
...now I'm just Bragging.

liegeprime
3rd September 2008, 10:53 PM
Hmm that means itll take some time for the Ultras to show up here then, Blacktown area tends to be like sooo late in an already late ship out of stuff. oh well. Welcome back tallestblue, youve been pretty quiet....:D

Paulbot
3rd September 2008, 10:56 PM
I'm a-going to Big W tomorrow!

iceburn
3rd September 2008, 11:15 PM
I'm a-going to Big W tomorrow!

If you see another pair/set (Octane, Powerglide, Acid Storm, Galvatron) and price is reasonable..could you grab for me?

Pulse
4th September 2008, 12:05 AM
I went to the Big W at Runaway Bay here in Queensland and they have Both Onslaught and Silverbolt for $58.80 and Sunstreaker, Prowl, Tankor, Galvatron and Acid Storm for $23.88...

Were getting Galvatron/Acid Storm already? Man, that was fast... :)

llamatron
4th September 2008, 12:29 AM
Yeah I think I'll be hitting up Big-W tomorrow night in search of Galvatron.:eek:

STL
4th September 2008, 12:44 AM
Gah. Big W for me too. Need a Sideswipe, is he in this wave?

Robzy
4th September 2008, 12:47 AM
$58!?!?!?Daaaaaang. That's gonna hurt.
Ouchies so expensive at BIG W!Still, it's better than paying $70 at Toyworld! ;)

Gah. Big W for me too. Need a Sideswipe, is he in this wave?Excellent question!

Golden Phoenix
4th September 2008, 12:49 AM
Gah. Big W for me too. Need a Sideswipe, is he in this wave?

I think he is the wave after with Silverstreak and Ironhide

i_amtrunks
4th September 2008, 09:39 AM

I think you're right, Wave 3 or 4 sounds right to me.

Makes sense that since we have been waiting for so long for the Classics that we get waves 1 and 2 together.

I still have to get half of Wave 1 yet! :)

iceburn
4th September 2008, 09:48 AM
Still, it's better than paying $70 at Toyworld! ;)

But still it's a bad price to pay for an Ultra? Wonder if they've purposely jack up the price

Paulbot
4th September 2008, 10:02 AM
Weren't we expecting this sort of price based on the (nonsale) price of Cybertron Ultras? It's at the moment no cheaper to get them through robotkingdom :( I'll be picking up Galvatron for sure if I can, not sure about Acid Storm until I see it in person.

STL
4th September 2008, 10:10 AM

In that case no hunting for moi. (Well, TFs anyway) :o

Golden Phoenix
4th September 2008, 10:29 AM
Makes sense that since we have been waiting for so long for the Classics that we get waves 1 and 2 together.

It also happened with Animated. Wave 1 appeared and then Wave 2 came right after it, if not at the same time

STL
4th September 2008, 10:30 AM
Anyone notice that RK's banner for universe toys is spelt incorrectly? "unvierse" :p

Robzy
4th September 2008, 05:30 PM
But still it's a bad price to pay for an Ultra?True!

Weren't we expecting this sort of price based on the (nonsale) price of Cybertron Ultras? It's at the moment no cheaper to get them through robotkingdom :( Very true!

I'll be picking up Galvatron for sure if I can, not sure about Acid Storm until I see it in person.I saw them both today at Big W, as well as Onslaught and Silverbolt. Can't say I'm a fan of Acid Storm! Galvatron was tempting - but I'm gonna wait for the Henkei version.

llamatron
4th September 2008, 07:35 PM
No sign of anything in WA. :mad::(

Paulbot
4th September 2008, 08:29 PM
Saw the Ultras tonight (no Deluxes) at my local Big W. Those boxes are nice and big! But I will wait for a sale.

autobreadticon
4th September 2008, 08:36 PM
Paulbot, when was the last time BigW had a toy sale, i can't remeber 1?:(

Paulbot
4th September 2008, 08:37 PM
A month or two back, when Voyagers were $25 and the Death Star and Falcon SWTF were on special too

Tallestblue
4th September 2008, 09:41 PM
Welcome back tallestblue, youve been pretty quiet....:D

There's not been any good TF stuff to grab lately so I've been neglecting my OTCA viewing, plus my sister just had her first child I've had a small surgery and work nonstop so I think I can be forgiven.
Unless you're not the forgiving sort.

STL
4th September 2008, 10:37 PM
A month or two back, when Voyagers were $25 and the Death Star and Falcon SWTF were on special too

Not to mention deluxes at 18.82 and legends at 4.82.

But Bread's sentiment is right, BigW don't have as many sales as K-Mart or even Target or Myer. But when they do, you can sure as heck be sure the prices are good. Normally they have only two major catalogues end of year and mid year. There are some smaller ones in holiday periods and that's right around the corner.

I saw the Ultras today too. Couldn't be compelled to grab them.

Krayt
4th September 2008, 10:50 PM
My local BigW had the ultras untill i got there....

anyone seen the new deluxes in melbourne?

liegeprime
4th September 2008, 10:51 PM
There's not been any good TF stuff to grab lately so I've been neglecting my OTCA viewing, plus my sister just had her first child I've had a small surgery and work nonstop so I think I can be forgiven.
Unless you're not the forgiving sort.

Hehehehe me.. unforgiving?!? nah heheheh. :D:D

Anyways my local Big W has the Ultras but none of Acid storm and Galvy. I couldnt resist so I put Onslaught and Silverbolt on layby ( even though the sound gimmicks were ...meh. Sometimes you hate being a collector when its figures like these are really pricy. Big box, not so Ultra big figure IMO.

Eazy D
4th September 2008, 10:53 PM
Went late night shopping in campbelltown today. Kmart in Campbelltown mall has 2 octanes and 2 prowls at 27 bucks each.

Big W in macarthu square had 2 onslaughts and 1 silverbolt at 59 bucks

Target Macarthur square had nothing

kurdt_the_goat
4th September 2008, 11:13 PM
No sign of anything in WA. :mad::(

At Belmont Forum K-Mart i saw Sunstreaker, Prowl, Tankor & Heavy Load tonight! Looked to be decentish paint jobs on the ones there, but i'm sticking with Henkei regardless.

Golden Phoenix
4th September 2008, 11:58 PM
Saw a couple of Ultra Silverbolts today at the Big W in Forest Hill
I cannot remember the pirce, I do remember it wasn't something I'd pay that much for though.....

STL
5th September 2008, 12:54 AM
Just played with an Onslaught. Very disappointed. :(

Stompy
5th September 2008, 01:02 AM
Onslaught and Animated Ultra Magnus have identical transformations. These Ultra's are really just large deluxes. Although it's pretty nice to have large robots as I'm getting sick of the hit and miss deluxe quality. The worst Ultra of the bunch is Silverbolt. Conversion is a joke. It's basically a plane with a robot stuck underneath.fold the plane in half, pull the arms out and the legs push up the waist and done. A robot with a folded plane as a backpack. Horrid. Design wise though the robot is VERY G1 looking. Waste of money, IMO. Powerglide is the jet to get on this wave.

i_amtrunks
5th September 2008, 09:08 AM
So Big W's everywhere will have Ultra Powerglides keeping the shelves warm like the Voyager Movie Megatrons did?

I want Silverbolt, but like many of you I think $60 is too much for him, I didnt think Onslaught was worth the $55 I paid (thanks again Pulse) but he is such a nice figure I'm glad I got him now rather than try and wait for a sale and miss out.

Kyle
5th September 2008, 10:33 AM
At Belmont Forum K-Mart i saw Sunstreaker, Prowl, Tankor & Heavy Load tonight! Looked to be decentish paint jobs on the ones there, but i'm sticking with Henkei regardless.

I finally saw these at Target as well. Paint jobs aren't as bad as I expected. Seeing them right there in front of me I was tempted, but resisted. :p

Stompy
5th September 2008, 01:33 PM
Finally spotted the deluxes at Big W on my side of town here in Melbourne. Prowl, Sunstreaker, Octane, Acid Storm and Galvatron. It was probably just one case as the only quantities pegged were:

2 x Prowl
2 x Sunstreaker
2 x Galvatron
1 x Octane
1 x Acid Storm

Picked up Galvatron and Acid Storm. Paint job on Galvatron was alright except for the mess on the actual cannon. $23.88ea.

As for shelf warmers. I really hope Silverbolt shelfwarm. That oversized "Legends" figure is a joke. Powerglide and Onslaught are great.

Pulse
5th September 2008, 01:44 PM
Spotted a couple of Ultra Silverbolts at 2 Big W's near me (Blacktown & Plumpton) @ $58.88 (if it wasn't for all the 8's in the price, I wouldn't have remembered it :D)

i_amtrunks
5th September 2008, 02:31 PM
Spotted a couple of Ultra Silverbolts at 2 Big W's near me (Blacktown & Plumpton) @ $58.88 (if it wasn't for all the 8's in the price, I wouldn't have remembered it :D)

No Deluxes at Plump-town Pulse?

If not thanks for saving me another wasted trip!

Pulse
5th September 2008, 02:36 PM
I think I saw 2 Sunstreaker's?

I didn't bother mentioning them cos they seem to be everywhere... :)

i_amtrunks
5th September 2008, 02:53 PM
Bugger, I've already got him and I wanted the other figures.

Also figures since they had nothing at all on Monday when I was last in there.

Cheers Con.

optimus1
5th September 2008, 03:01 PM
The other 2 deluxes are over at Rouse Hill Big W, along with Ultra Onslaught and Silverbolt if u want to try

I just checked during my work lunch break

i_amtrunks
5th September 2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the info Optimus1, I'll have to check it out tomorrow (havent been to rouse hill since the shops opened) as I cant get there before the store closes tonight, I wish it was like Plumpton and open till 8pm though. :o

llamatron
5th September 2008, 03:11 PM
Nothing at Big-W Kingsway, Mirrabooka and Karrinyup.

King Atlas
5th September 2008, 03:18 PM
Trunks, there are a nice number of deluxes at Mt Druitt target, if that is in your area.

And yeah, they are still asking $20 for armada prime. A little embarresed that I price checked it, I admit, but I would probably buy it for at least $5....

MV75
5th September 2008, 05:22 PM
Local Bigw today had on a trolley with the cardboard shelf flashing (so it wasn't even on the shelves yet):

2x Sunstreaker
2x prowl
1x galvatron
1x acidstorm
Silverbolt (two I think)
Onslaught (two I think)
Some robot heros (Didn't bother to even look at what they were).
A bunch of movie brawls.

I didn't see any powerglides at all.

EDIT: Thanks For reminding me Mr SilverDragon, \/ I did see 1x tankor as well. :)

SilverDragon
5th September 2008, 06:00 PM
Target at Broadway had:

2xThe Decepticon Formerly Known As Octane
3xSunstreaker and Prowl
The first wave of Robot Heroes (Hound v Blitzwing, Rattrap v Megatron, Cheetor v Blackarachnia)

Prowl had some iffy paint around the bonnet.

JuzMel
5th September 2008, 10:40 PM
Target Chase had full set of wave 1 deluxes, about 3-4 each of Prowl, Sunstreaker and Tankor for $26.99 each

Big W at the same place had 1 Silverbolt, 1 Sunstreaker and 1 Prowl left for $58.88 (Ultra) and $24.88 (deluxes)

P.S: I bought 2 Galvatron, 1 Acid Storm, 2 Onslaught and 1 Silverbolt for iceburn and myself. Only 1 Acid storm, I think someone bought it earlier cause I'm guessing they actually bring items out in twos.

i_amtrunks
6th September 2008, 01:52 PM
Mt Druitt Target has plenty of the Wave 1 deluxes as King Atlas said, but I left them all there, the paint apps on both figures were atrocious, Every Prowl was missing paint on all edges of the doors, as well as having black specks all over the body.

Octanes paint was terrible on the tail section of all 6 figures I saw, and had the same random splatter of paint drops issue that Prowl had.

I wanted to get both figures but the sloppy paint (worse than the movie line, which I never thought possible) is making me think I'll have to get the henkei versions.

Lots of Sunstreaker too, seems he might be the slowest seller of the 3.

MV75
6th September 2008, 02:08 PM
Mt Druitt Target has plenty of the Wave 1 deluxes as King Atlas said, but I left them all there, the paint apps on both figures were atrocious, Every Prowl was missing paint on all edges of the doors, as well as having black specks all over the body.

Octanes paint was terrible on the tail section of all 6 figures I saw, and had the same random splatter of paint drops issue that Prowl had.

I wanted to get both figures but the sloppy paint (worse than the movie line, which I never thought possible) is making me think I'll have to get the henkei versions.

Lots of Sunstreaker too, seems he might be the slowest seller of the 3.

Oh yea, all the ones I saw yesterday were absolute shockers on the paint apps. Except for acidstorm because of the pattern it's got on it, any sloppiness would be unnoticed.

And yea, the tail on octane was an absolute mess.

Even the galvatron I bought, while it was OK, (yea, the grey parts were too thin and showed), it even had a stray paint glob on the gun barrel. That one is definitly the only Hasbro one I'm getting when there is the Henkei option.

I do wonder how this will affect sales of the movie 2 toys, as really, kids arn't stupid and do notice crap like bad paint apps.

Paulbot
6th September 2008, 07:37 PM
Found Galvatron, Acid Storm, Onslaught & Silverbolt at Big W. Lots of the new Robot Heroes at Target. The Voyagers at Target and K-Mart. Onslaught and Powerglide at Toy Kingdom ($60)

autobreadticon
8th September 2008, 07:54 PM
Powerglide at minotaur for $65

FFN
9th September 2008, 01:20 AM
I do wonder how this will affect sales of the movie 2 toys, as really, kids arn't stupid and do notice crap like bad paint apps. It has been my observation (particularly when shopping withr relative's or friend's kids) that they don't really care about dodgy paint unless it is REALLY obviously dodgy. Like Yoda painted purple or something recognizably wrong.

MV75
9th September 2008, 10:20 AM
It has been my observation (particularly when shopping withr relative's or friend's kids) that they don't really care about dodgy paint unless it is REALLY obviously dodgy. Like Yoda painted purple or something recognizably wrong.

Actually, that is a good point.

Most people don't scrutinise the toys like we do when in the store and just buy them, as when packaged, they look fine unless you have a close look and check them over, (collector mode).

But later after playing with them for a bit, surely they'd notice then and then start wondering.... But too late then, the sale is done.

But I still wonder why, after how great cybertron was, has the quality allowed to be binned? The extra bit of better workmanship really made those figures shine, I had no reason, nor inclination, to buy the takara galaxy force versions.

I have a feeling that in 10-20 years time, the original cybertron line will be the one out of the current "generation" that will demand the highest price in the 2nd hand market due to how great the quality is on them, especially on the repaints they pulled from the cybertron line into the movie line.

Pulse
9th September 2008, 10:40 AM
Are we the only group of weirdos in the toy aisle who stare at a packaged figure where the next person thinks "What the hell is that whackjob doing???" :D

I've heard the Marvel/DC Fans can be worse than us... :p

jaydisc
9th September 2008, 04:25 PM
Saw a couple Silverbolts at Big W in the city (no other Universe) along with the movie autobot Robot Hero thingamajiggy.

At Target, they had 4 x Sunstreakers and the Voyagers.

No Onslaught and no Wave 2 Deluxes. Poop.

FFN
9th September 2008, 11:21 PM
What's funny is Hasbro's quality control on stuff like Marvel Legends is higher than Toybiz, but because Toybiz used alot more paint, somehow Hasbro has 'worse' quality control.

Toy Biz's Marvel toys had problems like really loose joints immediately oput of the box as well as crumbling or snapping joints for no apparent reason. Evidently Marvel collectors prefer toys to be broken out of spite.

Actually, that is a good point.

Most people don't scrutinise the toys like we do when in the store and just buy them, as when packaged, they look fine unless you have a close look and check them over, (collector mode).

But later after playing with them for a bit, surely they'd notice then and then start wondering.... But too late then, the sale is done. They won't notice or care, because unless they have the collecting bug already, they would be playing with the toys. Really playing, not like us pussy collectors who pretend that posing toys on a desk is 'playing'.

Really playing with toys means bashing them around with other toys.

But I still wonder why, after how great cybertron was, has the quality allowed to be binned? The extra bit of better workmanship really made those figures shine, I had no reason, nor inclination, to buy the takara galaxy force versions.

I have a feeling that in 10-20 years time, the original cybertron line will be the one out of the current "generation" that will demand the highest price in the 2nd hand market due to how great the quality is on them, especially on the repaints they pulled from the cybertron line into the movie line. From what I heard, Hasbro are producing its current toys at different factories to last year.

Then again, Tomy's QC on the recent Binaltech Bluestreak hasn't been great, either.

STL
10th September 2008, 12:43 AM
Not sure where to post it but I played with a Silverbolt early tonight and was very impressed. I do acknowledge the transformation is @$$ but the alt mode and robot mode are perfect. Articulation is pretty handy dandy too. Galvatron on the other hand was an extremely mediocre toy with a really interesting transformation. Poor articulation, poor balance, and even worse quality control. Originally I thought I'd have liked Galvatron despite his flaws but after I left tonight, I'm definitely with Silverbolt. No point having a great transformation if the rest of you looks like fugly.

I have some coming from the US so I personally can't wait to have my own.

griffin
10th September 2008, 02:32 AM
Don't think I mentioned the Universe toys I saw on Sunday, from the BigW at Calamvale that I bought some from. They had Silverbolt and Onslaught at the $50ish price and Tankor, Prowl, Sunstreaker, Galvatron, Acid Storm at the $25ish price. I think I got the only Acid Storm though, but all the rest were still there.

Soundwarp
10th September 2008, 06:24 AM
Man at the dodgy prices i am for once not in a mad hurry to buy these.........

MV75
10th September 2008, 09:22 AM
They won't notice or care, because unless they have the collecting bug already, they would be playing with the toys. Really playing, not like us pussy collectors who pretend that posing toys on a desk is 'playing'.

Really playing with toys means bashing them around with other toys.

From what I heard, Hasbro are producing its current toys at different factories to last year.

Yea they would notice. I remember when They were just toys to me as a kid, I'd spend a while admiring my toys and looking at the engineering behind how they work.

And yea, I know they changed factories, I'm just wondering if profits should be such a priority over future image. Yes I know that profit should be #1 priority in any business, otherwise it'll fail, but it's a balancing act for customer loyalty.

Omega Supreme
10th September 2008, 11:51 AM
To anyone in Canberra ( I know there isnt many of us ) Big W in Civic has Sunstreaker, Prowl, Galvatron x 2 & a Tankor left. They are going for $23.85 each, best price I have come across for these figures so far.

Toyworld in Fyshwick has loads of Powerglides, Blaster's and Onslaught's. Going for about $50 each I believe it was.

Big W in woden has Acidstorm, Galvatron, Sunstreaker & Prowl, again going for $23.85 each.

Kmart in Belconnen only has a prowl left, going for about $25.

Golden Phoenix
10th September 2008, 07:27 PM
The new Big W at Doncaster Shoppingtown had 2 Galvatrons, 1 Sunstreaker and Prowl. All $23.somthing
The Target there also had about 5 Octanes, Prowls and Sunstreakers. All going for just under $20 tomorrow
Also had Voyager Cybetron repaints. Blaster and that cement truck one (quickmix or something i think)

dirge
10th September 2008, 09:47 PM
I think I got the only Acid Storm

<snicker>

Time to double check your boot, griffin! :)

jaydisc
11th September 2008, 02:08 PM
I saw Wave 1 Deluxes and Voyagers at two Targets this morning. Check out a few Big Ws, but couldn't find Galvatron or Acid Storm. They had Onslaughts and Silverbolts, but now Powerglide. Toy Kingdom had all three Ultras.

kup
11th September 2008, 02:58 PM
I may end up going for Universe Megatron. Both the Henkei and the Hasbro versions seem to have equally bad flaws although Takara's is more of an artistic decision that I disagree with (Chrome application and bright purple) while Hasbro is their regular lazy color choices (fluro pink) which I may end up painting over since its only small parts.

MV75
11th September 2008, 04:12 PM
Where did you see a megatron Kup? ;)

kup
12th September 2008, 12:34 AM
Where did you see a megatron Kup? ;)

lol for some reason I keep subconsciously referring to Galvatron as Megatron. I don't understand why I am doing this but it's happened twice now :)

Gutsman Heavy
12th September 2008, 03:46 PM
Golden Grove Big W had no Deluxes (I wanted Galvy :()
but had one of Onslaught and Silverbolt.

Tommy K
12th September 2008, 04:15 PM
actually does anyone know if theres universe prowl in the broadway target

jaydisc
12th September 2008, 04:20 PM
Did a few Targets and Kmarts, both of which seemed to not only have all the Deluxes and Voyagers, but now also the Ultras, which is a good sign. They were priced at $59.99 at Kmart... I wish it was lower, will try to hold out for 20% off.

Did a few Big W's, finding no Acid Storms, but finally finding a pair of Galvatrons at one, both of which I grabbed at Target's sale price.

Pulse
17th September 2008, 02:51 PM
Today was the first time I've seen Galvy/Acid Storm in a store ($23.88 @ BigW Blacktown)

I've had Galvy for quite a while but considering all the sloppy paint app's I've heard about Acid Storm from the Int. Boards, that one actually looked pretty good (maybe his camouflage-paintjob did the trick... :))

autobreadticon
17th September 2008, 03:45 PM
TK stocking wave 2

SilverDragon
17th September 2008, 06:18 PM
A bunch of pegs where Universe figures should be, but aren't, everywhere.

actually does anyone know if theres universe prowl in the broadway target

There were three. Note the use of the past tense.

jaydisc
17th September 2008, 06:31 PM
Bread, you're as incoherent as always. Wave 2 Deluxes? Galvy and Acid?

I spotted Wave 2 Legends, Jazz, Megatron and Hound at Kmart this evening. Is that a first?

iceburn
17th September 2008, 06:41 PM

I spotted Wave 2 Legends, Jazz, Megatron and Hound at Kmart this evening. Is that a first?

Paul and I actually saw them at Minotaur a while ago but they were too expensive to be mentioned. :P yours can be considered the first

autobreadticon
17th September 2008, 08:21 PM

yes Galvy and Acid at Toy kingdom,Sorry my friend was sitting next to me all day and i didnt want them to see i was checking a toy forum :eek:

Paulbot
17th September 2008, 09:07 PM

Great! Just in time for the sale. :)

STL
17th September 2008, 11:10 PM

YAY! Something for me to buy at retail! :D

MV75
18th September 2008, 04:47 PM
Bigw today, about 3 of each of onslaught/silverbolt, and the only deluxes being 2 shelfwarmers, err, sunstreakers. :D

The_Damned
18th September 2008, 06:28 PM
is wave 2 coming out anywhere other then big w?

blackie
18th September 2008, 06:59 PM
my local tk has heaps of acid storms/ galvatrons,

Saintly
18th September 2008, 11:10 PM
spotted a stack of Sunstreakers & Prowl and about a handful of Onslaught & Powerglide at a nearby K-Mart :)

i_amtrunks
19th September 2008, 08:37 AM
Local Kmart had plenty of Voyagers, 2x Onslaugh 1x Powerglide and a good half dozen of the deluxes.

No Legends or Wave 2 Deluxes though.

iceburn
19th September 2008, 08:47 AM
Kmart at the one nearest to me:
i only saw a handful of Animated Leaders (Bulkhead and Megatron).
only 1 Powerglide (box folded), 1 Onslaught, 1 Sunstreaker, 1 Prowl available...

kurdt_the_goat
19th September 2008, 11:17 AM
Saw Tankor, Sunstreaker, Prowl, Onslaught and Silverbolt at BIG W Belmont. $58 for the ultras, $24 i think for the deluxes.

JuzMel
19th September 2008, 01:53 PM
Full wave of 1 and 2 Legends at Kmart 24/7. $4.79 after discount, still 2-3 of each left. All 6 of them. Also had 2 Heavy Load...

MV75
19th September 2008, 01:58 PM
Legends jazz/hound/megatron at BigW. $5.xx each.

iceburn
19th September 2008, 02:09 PM
bread..if its 25% for the legends..won't your price be $4.49 instead of $4.79?

autobreadticon
19th September 2008, 02:15 PM
haha i looked at my receipt and its $9 for two universe legends at Dandenong Plaza, strange :D

Robzy
19th September 2008, 03:35 PM
bread..if its 25% for the legends..won't your price be $4.49 instead of $4.79?Mine scanned up at $4.79

Kmart had the Ultras there too - $47 for Powerglide suddenly seems a little tempting... :confused:

Pulse
19th September 2008, 03:39 PM
A kaplenty of Jazz/Hound/G2 Megs Legends at Castle Hill Kmart

autobreadticon
19th September 2008, 09:22 PM
Target Galvatron and Acid Storm

TheDirtyDigger
22nd September 2008, 04:51 PM
Kmart Chaddy still only Octane, Sunstreaker and Prowl.

I haven't seen Acid Storm anywhere yet. If any Melbourne lad or lady comes across them please let me know.

Golden Phoenix
23rd September 2008, 03:31 PM
Big W in the city has a bunch of Legends wave 2

i_amtrunks
24th September 2008, 11:04 AM
Legends and Ultras at Big W Plumpton.

Wall-E has taken over most of the TF section though.

Saintly
24th September 2008, 11:25 AM
Wall-E has taken over most of the TF section though.

I'm soooo there for the Command Wall-E!

I nearly bought one over ebay

i_amtrunks
24th September 2008, 01:25 PM
I'm soooo there for the Command Wall-E!

I nearly bought one over ebay

Let me know how good they are. I've had to have the gf give me the "no, put it back" look twice now, and that was just for interactive Wall-E.

(we need an interactive Mo)

Hereticpoo
25th September 2008, 04:14 PM
Big W in Belmont Forum, Perth

2.0 Prowl x 1
2.0 Sunstreaker x 2

Silverbolt x 2, Onslaught x 2, Legends: Megatron x 6, Jazz x 6, Hound x 1.

(Plus animated Prime/Megs packs and Movie Leader Brawn, Nightwatch Prime and a couple of SW TF's.)

sanbot
25th September 2008, 10:54 PM
Castle Hill TRU has jetstorm and wing blade(forgot name) restocked if anyone wants one

Saintly
26th September 2008, 09:33 AM
Silverbolt x4 spotted at a Big-W, "just" south side of the M2

i_amtrunks
26th September 2008, 10:47 AM
Silverbolt x4 spotted at a Big-W, "just" south side of the M2

I believe that is the Winston HillsBig W, if you are talking about the one you can see from the M2 itself.

Saintly
26th September 2008, 11:18 AM
I believe that is the xxxxx Big W, if you are talking about the one you can see from the M2 itself.

No actually... didn't go that far west... try before the toll gates :)

i_amtrunks
26th September 2008, 01:38 PM
Ah, very tricksey Mr. Saintly!

tron07
26th September 2008, 02:27 PM
I saw Silverbolt yesterday too.... but didnt get it, cause I feel its going to be a shelf warmer.... waiting for discount...

Paulbot
26th September 2008, 02:43 PM
I saw Silverbolt yesterday too.... but didnt get it, cause I feel its going to be a shelf warmer.... waiting for discount...

I thought so, but the other weekend I went into Big W to buy it and they had sold out of Silverbolt but still had four Onslaughts sitting there. :confused:

kup
26th September 2008, 02:49 PM
I still have not seen any Galavatrons. I know Zed bought one from Big W Miranda but has there been any other sightings?

autobreadticon
26th September 2008, 03:58 PM
Universe Robot Heroes variant packaging (autobot vs Decepticon symbol) for the completist + Restock of RH (the one with the optimus/scorpo pack)

STL
26th September 2008, 07:32 PM
lcz128 also told me that they had Sideswipe and Bluestreak to at Minotaur at $30. I'm very keen but not that keen... especially with low returnability.

STL
26th September 2008, 07:34 PM
I'm looking for a spare Silverbolt the next time a sale hits too. I have a custom idea for him.

Pulse
26th September 2008, 08:28 PM
lcz128 also told me that they had Sideswipe and Bluestreak to at Minotaur at $30. I'm very keen but not that keen... especially with low returnability.

Are you talking about the Classics 2.0 versions of them?

How can that be? (They haven't even been released retail anywhere in the world yet?)

lcz128
26th September 2008, 09:17 PM
Sideswipe and silverstreak as well as the recolour of powerglide spotted in Minotaur, btw!
The price has increased, so didn't buy any. :( but yeah- deluxes are now 29.95 :( didn't see the price of the others.

jaydisc
26th September 2008, 10:00 PM
Yes he is. Don't know. Minotaur typically gets from Diamond comics.

Paulbot
26th September 2008, 10:19 PM
Mod note: Moved a couple of the above posts from the Animated Sightings thread as they were about Classic Sightings.

Pulse
26th September 2008, 10:33 PM
Sideswipe and silverstreak as well as the recolour of powerglide spotted in Minotaur, btw!
The price has increased, so didn't buy any. :( but yeah- deluxes are now 29.95 :( didn't see the price of the others.

Yes he is. Don't know. Minotaur typically gets from Diamond comics.

I'm pretty sure the only place you can find that wave of deluxes (so far) are stolen loose figures on Ebay... (You reckon that's where Minotaur/Diamond Comics got 'em from?)

STL
27th September 2008, 12:40 AM
I'm pretty sure the only place you can find that wave of deluxes (so far) are stolen loose figures on Ebay... (You reckon that's where Minotaur/Diamond Comics got 'em from?)

Nope, they get theirs from Hasbro. Normally delayed after the retail waves hit but looks like they got in first this time. Surprised me immensely too and I kinda wanted it for the allure of having it early but passed. :o

jaydisc
27th September 2008, 12:47 AM

Your conjecture is simply that.... conjecture. Minotaur is a reputable business. Not unethical scalpers like BBTS. Occasionally, the stock they've received has matched what's on the Diamond Distributor list, but I'll acquiesce to STL, who knows more in this area.

STL
27th September 2008, 12:48 AM
Oh fekt it! I'm grabbing Sideswipe tmrw! I can't wait. :o :o :o

Pulse
27th September 2008, 01:01 AM
I understand that Minotaur is a respectable business but for the life of me - I just can't figure out how they could get their hands on these unreleased figures :confused:

Are these figures MOSC or loose?

STL
27th September 2008, 01:07 AM
I understand that Minotaur is a respectable business but for the life of me - I just can't figure out how they could get their hands on these unreleased figures :confused:

Are these figures MOSC or loose?

MOSC. Poor Pulsey, if he didn't beleive, he could go down and check for himself tmrw if he lived in the grand ol' city of Melbourne.

jaydisc
27th September 2008, 01:10 AM
I just can't figure out how they could get their hands on these unreleased figures :confused:

I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up.

Pulse
27th September 2008, 01:13 AM
Poor Pulsey, if he didn't beleive, he could go down and check for himself tmrw if he lived in the grand ol' city of Melbourne.

Now, Why would I wanna live in the dreary 'ol city of Melbourne? :D

Paulbot
27th September 2008, 08:54 AM
Melbourne scores! World first! :D

(Paulbot thinks he should have gone to Minotaur on Friday like he planned.)

Sky Shadow
27th September 2008, 10:29 AM
Are you talking about the Classics 2.0 versions of them?

How can that be? (They haven't even been released retail anywhere in the world yet?)

Really? I didn't realise when I saw them - (I'd say that maybe I should have picked them up, but I'm just not interested in Classics.) From the balanced case assortmentesque amounts of the toys Minotaur had it looked like they'd got their new toys in typical Hasbro cases. And it does (very rarely) happen that even in mainstream retail 'we' get something before the rest of the world. I remember in the late nineties I picked up TM2 Cheetor, Ramulus and Dinobot at some random K-Mart in Queensland, expecting that the toys would turn up everywhere else soon. They were released shortly afterwards in the US, but for some reason they didn't make it to Australian retail anywhere else for many months. Very odd.

iceburn
27th September 2008, 10:35 AM
Oh fekt it! I'm grabbing Sideswipe tmrw! I can't wait. :o :o :o

show pics yeah.....
i'll wait for the general release or get them from online store if they end up the same as retail price but not $30!

Tropisetron
27th September 2008, 11:28 AM
Spotted a few Galvatrons at Target RM adelaide.

Pulse
27th September 2008, 12:54 PM
And it does (very rarely) happen that even in mainstream retail 'we' get something before the rest of the world. I remember in the late nineties I picked up TM2 Cheetor, Ramulus and Dinobot at some random K-Mart in Queensland, expecting that the toys would turn up everywhere else soon. They were released shortly afterwards in the US, but for some reason they didn't make it to Australian retail anywhere else for many months. Very odd.

I can also recall us being the first country in the world to find these movie/allspark figures... (http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=11960&f_start=20)

Maybe they're finally throwing us a bone... :D

STL
27th September 2008, 01:36 PM
Proof that he's been released:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2141/dscf4087fi3.jpg

The wave actually also includes Ironhide which some lucky bugger had reserved behind hte counter. I have no idea how that other guy was so quick given lcz128 broke the news here. Acid Storm's also available too.

I probably shouldn't have grabbed him but at least now I have the twins which was my lame justification for not waiting for the mass release.

piratescratch
27th September 2008, 03:10 PM
I caved in as well and picked up Sideswipe, Silverstreak and Swoop at Minotaur.

Pulse
27th September 2008, 05:23 PM
Proof that he's been released:

The wave actually also includes Ironhide which some lucky bugger had reserved behind the counter. I have no idea how that other guy was so quick given lcz128 broke the news here.

I caved in as well and picked up Sideswipe, Silverstreak and Swoop at Minotaur.

I hate you both... :p :D

Maybe that other guy who reserved 'ol Ironhide was a lurker we've got in the midst... ;)

lcz128
27th September 2008, 11:21 PM
damn. Didn't see ironhide at all. Would've gotten him at the $30 mark... then repainted the hell out of him...

*embarassed*

Saintly
29th September 2008, 10:14 AM
STL, is my eyes deceiving me or does Sideswipe roof paint apps looks darker than the rest of the body?

i_amtrunks
29th September 2008, 11:49 AM
Hey lcz and STL, I've posted this up on Seibertron, so you guys can rub it in the Yankees faces that we got them first! :p

linky (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/universe-sideswipe-and-silverstreak-found-in-australia/14052/).

kup
29th September 2008, 12:43 PM
STL, is my eyes deceiving me or does Sideswipe roof paint apps looks darker than the rest of the body?

I hope its just the lighting as the color difference is much greater than that of Sunstreaker.

Does Sideswipe have a new head or is it the same head as Sunstreaker but with the Antenna's 'transformed' and unpainted?

Edit:

Aside from the chrome, is the color scheme different than the Henkei:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT31613

I am mainly referring to that black stripe on the sides that Henkei has.

lcz128
29th September 2008, 02:08 PM
Sideswipe's colour difference isn't as obvious in person compared to the picture STL posted.
Was pleasantly surprised by that :D

sifun
29th September 2008, 02:32 PM
sideswipe looks good, but not for $30!

Saw at minataur today, stormcloud, 2x sideswipes, 2x acid storm,
also animated jazz, swoop

STL
29th September 2008, 02:57 PM
The Universe one has black stripes too. The head mold is a completely new scuplt and Classics.2.0 Sideswipe has light piping whereas Sunstreaker does not. The red on the back looks to be the same as the rest of the body except that the black lining makes it seem a different shade as far as I can tell.

Paulbot
29th September 2008, 02:59 PM
Sideswipe's calling to me!

STL
29th September 2008, 03:01 PM

That;s what he did to me. I really did not want to grab Sideswipe at $30 but thinking and thinking about having the brothers together pushed me to make that fateful phone call Saturday morning. They look great together. Pics tonight!

kup
29th September 2008, 03:58 PM
The Universe one has black stripes too. The head mold is a completely new scuplt and Classics.2.0 Sideswipe has light piping whereas Sunstreaker does not. The red on the back looks to be the same as the rest of the body except that the black lining makes it seem a different shade as far as I can tell.

If that's the case I may end up going for the Universe release instead of Henkei. The only reason I was going for Henkei was due to the red paint differences.

Pulse
29th September 2008, 04:22 PM

I know your pain Paul. :D When the hell is my online store gonna get these in stock? :)

Robzy
29th September 2008, 10:43 PM
If that's the case I may end up going for the Universe release instead of Henkei. The only reason I was going for Henkei was due to the red paint differences.Me too... and I prefer the black and white gun (shoulder cannon) as well - it's more G1-ish!

iceburn
29th September 2008, 10:49 PM
Update at Minotaur as of 5pm today

2 Sideswipe
1 Silverstreak
1 Stormcloud

(i think)
1 Swoop
1 Jazz

and others.....

Gutsman Heavy
30th September 2008, 12:31 PM
Henkei Ultras in-stock at RK (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=list&CatType=Category&CatID=41_88&lang=us)

got me Silverbolt and Powerglide much to the screaming agony of my wallet! I'll get Onslaught locally, I prefer that version.

Pulse
30th September 2008, 01:39 PM
Powerglide & Silverbolt have been bought! Thanks Gutsman :)

reillyd
30th September 2008, 07:12 PM
Saw Silverbolt at TRU for 59.99, along with the earlier wave of Powerglide and Onslaught. I'm so glad that Silverbolt has been released in Japan now and have just ordered him from robot kingdom. Silverbolt MUST be white, and Powerglide MUST be red.

Also very delighted to pick up Universe legends at Kmart Pacific fair. Hound is really cool, and reminds me of the old minibots.

Kensei
1st October 2008, 11:01 PM
Powerglide and Onslaught aplenty at KMart in Belmont. Also in Midland, Target and BigW as well for Onslaught. You'll always find the odd Sunstreaker or Prowl there too.

Silverbolt has only been in BigW Belmont for me. Still one left. Was forced to buy one from there for $59. I was hoping I would find one at KMart, as they have a sale on.

Mirrabooka KMart and BigW you'll find a few Onslaught and Blaster. Blaster is also at Midland Target and KMart.

Sweet Bugger All in the city at Target though. The place is like a warzone. Well the TF section anyway. Boxes, toys and crap littered everywhere, it's like no one looks after that section.

Metroplex
6th October 2008, 01:24 PM
Purchased universe Acid Storm yesterday at Myer at Pacific Fair it was the last one also picked Jetfire classic voyager from Myer there are 2 left of him. theres also some sunstreakers & prowls there too.

iceburn
6th October 2008, 01:49 PM
Purchased universe Acid Storm yesterday at Myer at Pacific Fair it was the last one also picked Jetfire classic voyager from Myer there are 2 left of him. theres also some sunstreakers & prowls there too.

ohh universe spotted at Myer...nice to see them being taken out now

i_amtrunks
7th October 2008, 11:08 AM
Kmart Blacktown had about 4 Onslaughts and a couple of Powerglides, no Silverbolts.

i_amtrunks
9th October 2008, 10:10 AM
Big W Plumton has a single Acid Storm, as I took the only Galvatron.

transformers section is getting smaller and smaller.

Tropisetron
9th October 2008, 10:49 AM
Toyworld Norwood has one Ultra Onslaught and Powerglide for AUD64.99!!

k.wong23
10th October 2008, 01:04 AM
Anyone seen any Onslaughts in melbourne inner suburbs? :(

Saw a heavy load at Malvern target...

STL
10th October 2008, 01:23 AM

In my travels today: K-Mart Greensborough had a few.

blackie
10th October 2008, 08:18 AM
saw one out my way at big W, lmk if you want it and ill pick it up for you

kay-al
10th October 2008, 10:15 AM

I saw two Onslaughts in Kmart Brunswick yesterday

jaydisc
10th October 2008, 11:18 AM
Saw all 3 Ultras at TRU on sale today.

k.wong23
10th October 2008, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys will pop by Chaddy toys r us on the way back from uni, if not might get blackie to pick me up one :D

Cheers boys

edit: All ultras available

Myer also has 1 Prowl and 1 Sunstreaker left $29.95 HAHA

roller
13th October 2008, 05:27 PM
Anyone in Perth seen the deluxes for sale in shops?

Im looking for Acidstorm and Prowl

llamatron
13th October 2008, 05:36 PM
Anyone in Perth seen the deluxes for sale in shops?

Im looking for Acidstorm and Prowl

Try Big-W's.:eek:

cygnus
14th October 2008, 10:02 PM
acid storm and Galvatron spotted in QLD toyworld.
price 26.99. about 1-2 each

Thanatos
14th October 2008, 11:07 PM
I found Blades and Dropshot! :O

PM if interested in Location.

iceburn
14th October 2008, 11:13 PM

ohh are they out on retail or private shop?

Thanatos
14th October 2008, 11:18 PM
Retail ;)

iceburn
14th October 2008, 11:25 PM
Retail ;) thanks Thanatos!! great news

blackie
14th October 2008, 11:34 PM
thanks Thanatos!! great news

indeed, must start hitting stores again, or get my friends to check out the back for me :P

Pulse
15th October 2008, 12:21 AM

Awesome! :)

But I've heard Blades is one of those figures with iffy paint so make sure you guys (& girls) pick out the nicest one... ;)

Soundwarp
15th October 2008, 08:01 AM
acid storm and Galvatron spotted in QLD toyworld.
price 26.99. about 1-2 each

Hmmmm

griffin
15th October 2008, 03:02 PM
Saw Dropshot at Kmart Sunnybank, but no Blades (it's in the same assortment case though, so was probably already gone).

autobreadticon
15th October 2008, 03:04 PM
Saw Dropshot at Kmart Sunnybank, but no Blades (it's in the same assortment case though, so was probably already gone).

Thats great news, hopefully some more new universe toys will be released as well. :)

Soundwarp
17th October 2008, 02:56 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/soundwarp/20081017_01-1.jpg

Metroplex
17th October 2008, 03:27 PM
Very nice, im gunna have a look on the weekend for them!

The_Damned
17th October 2008, 03:28 PM
blades and dropshot at kmart Batemans Bay, well they had them but i laybuyed them:rolleyes:

FFN
17th October 2008, 05:08 PM
What's funny is Cybertron Defense Scattorshot's colour scheme looks more like G1 Dropshot, while this more realistic tan colour scheme better fits G1 Sidetrack or Flak.

MV75
17th October 2008, 05:35 PM
I just looked it up, and yea, it does too. :D

I'm very glad I got the original Cybertron versions of, well, everything. :)

Also thanks to making me look it up, I had no idea on who dropshot originally was. Now I do.

Soundwarp
17th October 2008, 09:08 PM
Man i am totally in LOVE with Dropshot in Tank mode.............

PURE LOVE

I look forward to the rest of the Defence team being Decepticons.

MV75
17th October 2008, 10:27 PM
Oh yea, putting aside the character names, I love the military desert look of its vehicle mode from your picture there.

Soundwarp
17th October 2008, 10:32 PM
I normally laugh off most "ARMY" colour schemes on things but i really like this one.

autobreadticon
20th October 2008, 06:41 PM
Found Voyager Blades and Dropshot at Kmart , PM 4 location

cygnus
21st October 2008, 06:32 PM
silverbot in myer @$70

Oilspill
22nd October 2008, 06:43 PM
2x Silverbolt 2x Onslaught in TRU Morley.

autobreadticon
23rd October 2008, 01:40 PM
Scattershot still at Kmart Knox City

autobreadticon
23rd October 2008, 01:45 PM
A Melbourne hobby store has Henkei Prowl and Sunstreaker discounted from $50 to $40 each, man i am so tempted!!!!!!!!!!!

griffin
23rd October 2008, 02:08 PM
Wouldn't RK be cheaper? They have them for US$17 each, which is about AU$26. Surely shipping for the pair wouldn't push them up to AU$80 for the pair (would need to check their site though).

kup
23rd October 2008, 02:36 PM
HLJ has Henkei Bluestreak, Sideswipe and Octane in stock!

Strangely enough I am yet to receive a payment request for my preorder.

lcz128
24th October 2008, 12:59 AM
A Melbourne hobby store has Henkei Prowl and Sunstreaker discounted from $50 to $40 each, man i am so tempted!!!!!!!!!!!

:o Which hobby store? :o

Pulse
24th October 2008, 01:19 PM
I just checked out Castle Towers & the DJs there has expanded their Toy Section 3-Fold - It's Ginormous... :D

Anyway, today was the first time I've spotted the Cyb voyager repaints Dropshot & Blades (Found in both Myer & DJs). DJs had them priced at $47.95 (I think?) but I didn't bother checking Myer's price cos I was pre-occupied in that I found an Acid Storm for a Mate :)

reillyd
26th October 2008, 04:33 PM
silverbot in myer @$70

That's an outrageous price. My local Big W just restocked with silverbolt (only one left now) and it was 59.99

Even that seemed highly priced for an ultra, but I no complain!

jaydisc
30th October 2008, 12:35 PM
Checked FOUR Kmarts today. Most were quite unimpressive. They all seemed to have P. Gliddy/Onslaught, Blaster/Big Load, Streak/Prowl/Tankor. Only one had 1 x Dropshot/Blades. Sorry to Melb friends, I know many of you wanted, but I'm pretty broke.

Paulbot
30th October 2008, 12:40 PM
Streak/Prowl/Tankor

Given that Streak is the Henkei name for Bluestreak/Silverstreak maybe you shouldn't use it to describe Sunstreaker :confused:

I got excited for a moment! :p

Oilspill
30th October 2008, 06:50 PM
Have people been finding Sideswipe, Silverstreak & Ironhide at retail in Oz yet? I haven't seen any mention of them (except maybe at speciality stores like Minotaur) but I saw them about 2 weeks ago in Singapore airport (except for Ironhide).

griffin
31st October 2008, 02:26 AM
Probably not yet, but should be pretty soon though.

hound
31st October 2008, 11:50 AM
Lots of wave 1 except Octane aka Tankor sighted at Kmart but no wave 2 at all. Very dissapointing!

1orion2many
31st October 2008, 01:39 PM
:)Came across Powerglide and Onslaught($49.99 I think) as well as the deluxes Sunstreaker, Prowl, Galvatron and Acidstorm($24.99) but there was only one stormer(now none):D.

canofwhoopass_87
3rd November 2008, 11:19 AM
I know Myers at Highpoint Shopping centre has a crapload of classics jetfire and prime. Also, www.robotkingdom.com has the henkei's goin for pretty cheap plus shipping would be less compared to bbts since it's located in hk. Let me know if any of you melbournians wanna do a group order or something. I also have $25US of bbts store cred if anyone wants to do joint order.

canofwhoopass_87
3rd November 2008, 04:08 PM
Just paid a visit to david jones and myers in the city, both have ample supply of voyager dropshot+blaster+heavy loads and the 3 ultra figs. DJ has 1 deluxe sunstreaker left but myers is having a sale at $40 and $50 each respectively.

Also, a big one would be the "in stock" change for minotaur. They have voyager treadbolts. Usually if you go in you won't see jack, you gota ask and let em know that their website lists them as "in stock" bc they sometimes won't get off their asses to check the store room.

roller
3rd November 2008, 06:48 PM
finally the place near my has Universe 2

they had heaps of Sunstreakers and a few prowls and 2 tankors

had 1 Blades, 2 Onslaughts and 1 cement mixer

Oilspill
3rd November 2008, 07:11 PM
Finally found some Galvatrons in WA. There were about 3 in a Myer on Saturday. Didn't spot any Acid Storms but I wasn't particularly looking out for him, already got him.

STL
4th November 2008, 12:00 AM
Also, a big one would be the "in stock" change for minotaur. They have voyager treadbolts. Usually if you go in you won't see jack, you gota ask and let em know that their website lists them as "in stock" bc they sometimes won't get off their asses to check the store room.

Let me know if anyone knows of any galvatrons / acid storms / blades figs.

Try Toy Kingdoms. I've exhausted them of their Acid Storm supply but they've definitely still got Galvatron. I'll grab you one later on in the week (Thursday) after my exam finishes. :) (Still haven't gotten to that Target I told u about either, sorry!)

canofwhoopass_87
4th November 2008, 12:06 AM
Try Toy Kingdoms. I've exhausted them of their Acid Storm supply but they've definitely still got Galvatron. I'll grab you one later on in the week (Thursday) after my exam finishes. :) (Still haven't gotten to that Target I told u about either, sorry!)

The only 2 toy kingdom stores within 20km of my suburb died off years ago. The only one I know of is the one in frankston and that's like journey to the otherside of the world for me. The petrol money would mean im better off buying in USD online lol.

When they restock young acid just pickup both and if the mp04 prime is in excellent condition layby that for me as well would ya? Thanks heaps dude. There's definitely a cookie in it for you STL!

STL
4th November 2008, 12:22 AM
The only 2 toy kingdom stores within 20km of my suburb died off years ago. The only one I know of is the one in frankston and that's like journey to the otherside of the world for me. The petrol money would mean im better off buying in USD online lol.

When they restock young acid just pickup both and if the mp04 prime is in excellent condition layby that for me as well would ya? Thanks heaps dude. There's definitely a cookie in it for you STL!

The "closest" to you that is well-stocked would be Epping. The premium Toy Kingdom stores in Melbourne are Epping, Greensborough, Eastland and Fountain Gate. These carry new stuff all the time and seem on many occassions to beat the Big Department stores by getting in new stuff before them. They had all the Classics Deluxes and Ultras before any of the major retailers even got a sniff. The other Toy Kingdoms tend to all be just clearance centres. Not sure about Frankston though

Paulbot
4th November 2008, 10:15 AM
Frankston's Toy Kingdom has closed down.

llamatron
5th November 2008, 10:16 AM
Universe Ratchet has not been announced and may not even be released.

Oilspill
5th November 2008, 03:44 PM
Universe Ratchet has not been announced and may not even be released.

Even if Hasbro don't release it's a good bet there'll be a Henkei version. I'll be happy with that as long as they go easy on the chrome.

Pulse
5th November 2008, 03:50 PM
Even if Hasbro don't release it's a good bet there'll be a Henkei version. I'll be happy with that as long as they go easy on the chrome.

It's on the way Mate :)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn204/Pulse_Warrior/Random/Ratchetprototype.jpg

hungta
5th November 2008, 04:40 PM
Saw the next wave Robot Heroes at Myer.

Robzy
5th November 2008, 06:34 PM
Still no sign of Sideswipe or Bluestreak! :(

iceburn
5th November 2008, 06:37 PM
Saw the next wave Robot Heroes at Myer.

know the characters of the wave you saw? just need to verify if it's the new ones. if it's not rattrap and blackarachnia then its confirm the new wave

Demonac
5th November 2008, 06:57 PM
I saw the G1 Ironhide robot heroes pack at Myer.
I'm not after them, so didn't pay much attention to the others.

iceburn
5th November 2008, 07:05 PM
I saw the G1 Ironhide robot heroes pack at Myer.
I'm not after them, so didn't pay much attention to the others.

ohhh new stock:

Kickback Vs. Ironhide
Silverbolt Vs. Megatron
Thrust Vs. Autobot Blaster
Optimus Primal Vs. Predacon Tarantulas
Waspinator Vs. Rhinox
Rumble Vs. Arcee

Oilspill
5th November 2008, 07:08 PM
It's on the way Mate :)

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn204/Pulse_Warrior/Random/Ratchetprototype.jpg

Awesome! :)

Although, that prototype pic just made me realise how silly that alt mode will look as as ambulance. But all the same I'm really looking forward to him and Henkei Ironhide.

hungta
5th November 2008, 08:54 PM
know the characters of the wave you saw? just need to verify if it's the new ones. if it's not rattrap and blackarachnia then its confirm the new wave

Sorry mate, It's as Demonac has listed :)

Sky Shadow
5th November 2008, 09:06 PM
I didn't realise it was notable until Firecracker mentioned it in my David Jones thread (since I don't collect Classics and I saw these exact same toys at Minotaur a couple of months ago), but Bondi Junction David Jones has Ironhide, Bluestreak and Sideswipe for $29.95 each. (And if you buy two then you get a free Cyber Slammer.)

Firecracker
5th November 2008, 09:13 PM
Damn you David Jones and your attempts to make me spend $30 on a Deluxe! Curses! :D