PDA

View Full Version : Universe/Classics 2.0 Sightings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Pulse
24th June 2008, 04:48 PM
It has begun! :) Yay!

A local K-Mart had the Cyb-Legend repaints of Screamer, Red Alert & Onslaught. I didn't even bother to scan them... :rolleyes:

Bring on the new moulds! :D

roller
24th June 2008, 06:54 PM
Toyworld Fremantle WA has legends Universe

do we really need the 1 thread for 2 different lines?

Pulse
24th June 2008, 07:31 PM
In this case, they're the same thing - right? :)

Mods, you can drop "Classics" from the heading if you want to... ;)

Paulbot
24th June 2008, 07:40 PM
Maybe Universe/Classics 2.0 is more appropriate?

Pulse
24th June 2008, 07:42 PM
Ok :) That'll do ;) (thanks in advance :D)

piratescratch
27th June 2008, 02:24 PM
For the Melbournian's here. I spotted two Legend Starscreams at K-Mart in Chadstone. Not really interested in them though, bring on the wave one deluxes!

iceburn
27th June 2008, 02:28 PM
thanks PS

kurdt_the_goat
27th June 2008, 06:50 PM
I spotted these at Belmont K-Mart - in what will be the sale isle rather than the regular TF section.

turtle boy
27th June 2008, 09:48 PM
THATS IT! Off to the shops for me, it is.

Pulse
27th June 2008, 09:53 PM
Argh! The new moulds have shown up over in Yankeeland... (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=7974)

Damn I can't wait to snaffle up these new moulds :D

STL
27th June 2008, 11:55 PM
I forgot to mention I saw those legends to on my place to Jaydisc's on Thursday. Nothing compelling me to buy right away. I'm happy to wait for a sale.

Oh, and I saw the Deluxe Universe label that Pulse posted pics of the other day. I was going to track down one of the Target staff people but had ran out of time :( I shld have more time by next Wednesday to begin my interrogation (and then hopefully beg them to bring out their stock from the back :D)

dirge
28th June 2008, 03:50 PM
I saw these in TRU Hurstville. They had a few of Starscream, Onslaught and Red Alert. None appealed to me at all.

Paulbot
28th June 2008, 07:14 PM
A lot of legends at K-Mart Fountain Gate, peg warming with a lot of the last movie legends.

STL
1st July 2008, 03:59 PM
I want Classics so bad I can't wait to ask nicely interrogate them about it tmrw. Need. Classics. Now.

sanbot
1st July 2008, 05:08 PM
Its not fair! I only ever get to goto the shops on the weekends and by then all you lucky bastards get to the goodies first! :p

Although I must admit I should be more disciplined and visit this board more frequently lol :D

kup
1st July 2008, 05:11 PM
Its not fair! I only ever get to goto the shops on the weekends and by then all you lucky bastards get to the goodies first! :p

Although I must admit I should be more disciplined and visit this board more frequently lol :D

Same here! I no longer live next to a shopping center :(

So what's released so far? Just Legends?

The only Legends I would be interested in are the Jazz, Megatron (G2) and Hound. I may also be interested in the Legends special team leaders.

The_Damned
1st July 2008, 06:40 PM
yea i saw those legends here at kmart batemans Bay 2.

STL
2nd July 2008, 09:40 PM
I asked the chick at Target about why they have the price tag why they have a tag lying around w/ Universe Deluxe but none of them. She says that they had them in stock about 6 weeks back. :rolleyes: I'm not so sure since I frequent that Target twice a week and the location on the shelves of that tag wouldn't even come close to fitting that Deluxe.

But she said that they'll be receiving two big boxes of stuff and TFs shoiuld be amongst those. I asked her to give me a call and said that she would for sure but I'm not so sure. I don't think she knew exactly what was going on and more interested in conversation after a long boring day :rolleyes:

Pulse
2nd July 2008, 11:03 PM
The bunch of freakin liars :mad:. They've probably had the Universe boxes sitting in the back for ages... :rolleyes:

Or you could be like me & pre-order them from BBTS :) (My order is currently in the warehouse :))

STL
3rd July 2008, 10:22 AM
Or you could be like me & pre-order them from BBTS :) (My order is currently in the warehouse :))

I'm not that desperate. :p

Pulse
3rd July 2008, 10:29 AM
How do you see Sideswipe, Silverstreak & Ironhide up for pre-order and not be able to resist clicking on the button? :)

STL
3rd July 2008, 10:40 AM
How do you see Sideswipe, Silverstreak & Ironhide up for pre-order and not be able to resist clicking on the button? :)

Cos it's from BBTS? :p

Pulse
3rd July 2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe you should get all your TFs from "Titan's Tower" on the GC? :p (Hold on, Are we even allowed to shop there anymore - our hook-up's gone... ;))

Soundwarp
3rd July 2008, 12:22 PM
^ ^ LOL If they get in Classics i'm there then very next minute!

kup
3rd July 2008, 12:38 PM
^ ^ LOL If they get in Classics i'm there then very next minute!

Are you willing to pay up to 400% the already inflated ebay price?

MV75
3rd July 2008, 01:03 PM

How? By looking at the Henkei releases is how.
________
Vaporizer Store (http://www.vaporshop.com/)

kup
3rd July 2008, 01:20 PM
How? By looking at the Henkei releases is how.

Yeah, with Henkei been released a short time after and at the same price or less (including shipping) its really hard to justify the cheapo Universe figures.

For me its Henkei 2.0 all the way, stuff Universe Classics.

However I may still get a couple of Universe repaints depending on how good they are/character portrayed but that's it.

I have already preordered Prowl and Sunstreaker from HLJ.

When is Henkei Octane due for release? I want a shiny chromed tanker.

jaydisc
3rd July 2008, 01:58 PM
Titan's tower's prices aren't inflated. They're just RRP.

+1 on BBTS's poopiness

Pulse
3rd July 2008, 02:29 PM
I was in a local Big W today & I bumped into 2 Hasbro Reps.

They were both wearing polo shirts (one black & one burgundy) with this Hasbro logo:

http://urbancompass.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/hasbro.png where the shirt pocket would be.

I asked both of them (separately) if they happened to know when the Universe line was going to be released. The woman in the black shirt told me she worked in the preschool department so she had no idea :(. The woman in the burgundy shirt told me she'd only been with Hasbro for a couple of weeks so she had no idea either... :(

They both told me to ring the Eastwood phone number but I told them I'd already done that & that they couldn't give me an answer either (which was actually a lie :)).

It's Bullsh#t I tell you! Bullsh#t! :mad:

kup
3rd July 2008, 02:32 PM
Titan's tower's prices aren't inflated. They're just RRP.

+1 on BBTS's poopiness

I associated them with most of the retailers we have in Sydney who do sell stupid stuff you find retail at Target at those very prices.

Gutsman Heavy
4th July 2008, 01:17 AM
Wave one deluxes in stock at Robot Kingdom, must resist urge to buy, wait for henkei...

STL
4th July 2008, 01:52 AM
Now that's temptation! Whole carton of 8 will come to about $170 which is abt $21 a pop.... omg...

kup
4th July 2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah it will be hard not to get Universe when I see them on the shelves. I just need to exercise control as I would only be doubleling up on figures with the Hasbro versions later put aside or regerting buying Hasbro's instead of Henkei.

Pulse
4th July 2008, 11:31 AM
I'm ashamed to admit that I've already caved in... :o

kup
4th July 2008, 12:24 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that I've already caved in... :o

Yeah the thrill of grabbing them off the shelves is strong but to me its nothing compared to the disappointment of getting home and realizing I have bought crap *cough* Leader Brawl*cough*

kup
4th July 2008, 01:34 PM
Edit: Never mind my rant was premature :p

piratescratch
4th July 2008, 04:13 PM
Wave one deluxes in stock at Robot Kingdom, must resist urge to buy, wait for henkei...

Argh envious of you!

What's the estimated drop date for wave one deluxes for Australia?

Pulse
4th July 2008, 04:34 PM
What's the estimated drop date for wave one deluxes for Australia?

I honestly have no freakin idea... :confused: The following encounter took place yesterday... :(

I was in a local Big W today & I bumped into 2 Hasbro Reps.

They were both wearing polo shirts (one black & one burgundy) with this Hasbro logo:

http://urbancompass.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/hasbro.png where the shirt pocket would be.

I asked both of them (separately) if they happened to know when the Universe line was going to be released. The woman in the black shirt told me she worked in the preschool department so she had no idea :(. The woman in the burgundy shirt told me she'd only been with Hasbro for a couple of weeks so she had no idea either... :(

They both told me to ring the Eastwood phone number but I told them I'd already done that & that they couldn't give me an answer either (which was actually a lie :)).

It's Bullsh#t I tell you! Bullsh#t! :mad:

Gutsman Heavy
4th July 2008, 09:04 PM
Argh envious of you!

I didn't get them.

They are an online shop, very good. Just put through another order with them. (Not for Universe! must wait for henkei, arrrgh!!!)
http://www.robotkingdom.com

They also got the Universe cyb repaints, almost caved for Blaster, but I'll wait!

Robzy
7th July 2008, 03:44 PM
Just spotted heaps of Wave 1 Legends at my local Kmart! (Starscream/Onslaught/Red Alert)

autobreadticon
10th July 2008, 12:28 AM
http://robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFECNP&lang=us&CatID=1_64

Robotkingdom
SDCC 2008 Exclusive Universe Classics Nemesis Prime / Black Convoy Pre-order

Sam
10th July 2008, 12:32 AM
Is there a Henkei version of the Nemesis Prime available online?

STL
10th July 2008, 12:38 AM
Is there a Henkei version of the Nemesis Prime available online?

There were 2 or 3 on eBay a while back but no one's heard where teh exclusie is due from atm. I'm still waiting, I don't like SDCC enough tbh

STL
18th July 2008, 01:01 PM
They're in Melbourne, they're in Melbourne, they're in Melbourne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

*Gives Paulbot big hug*

*dances in circles*

EDIT I
In case you couldn't guess, I'm excited. :D

EDIT II
Oh man, I have to get home early tonight! And it's not b/c of footy for once either. :D :D :D

*Resumes dancing like a headless chook*

iceburn
18th July 2008, 01:09 PM
selfish!!! none for me.... :(

haha grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

piratescratch
18th July 2008, 01:17 PM
They're in Melbourne, they're in Melbourne, they're in Melbourne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

*Gives Paulbot big hug*

*dances in circles*

EDIT I
In case you couldn't guess, I'm excited. :D

EDIT II
Oh man, I have to get home early tonight! And it's not b/c of footy for once either. :D :D :D

*Resumes dancing like a headless chook*

As in wave one deluxes?

WHERE?! I need more information!

Paulbot
18th July 2008, 02:00 PM
It's not a general release, one of the comic shops (Minotaur) ordered a case of the deluxes in from the Diamond Comics distrubtors. At $24.95 I couldn't resist a couple.

piratescratch
18th July 2008, 02:41 PM
Oh snap!

I won't be in the city until next Monday at the earliest when class starts up again, I hope they still have some still left by then. Bah at Friday, Saturday and Sunday work shifts!

Pulse
18th July 2008, 02:45 PM
Oh snap!

I won't be in the city until next Monday at the earliest when class starts up again, I hope they still have some still left by then. Bah at Friday, Saturday and Sunday work shifts!

Goodluck finding any leftovers... :rolleyes: (Now that Paulbot's given up his source... :D)

llamatron
18th July 2008, 03:06 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO!

False alarm.

sifun
18th July 2008, 03:25 PM
lol minotaur. I wouldn't pay 24.95 for a deluxe.

Stompy
18th July 2008, 03:31 PM
Well considering Deluxes tend to have a RRP of $25 to $30 locally. $25 is certainly a decent price for those willing to pay impatience tax. Sure you can get them cheaper online or during a sale but it's not like they are asking $35+ each.

I'm making my way there tonight after work.

Golden Phoenix
18th July 2008, 04:20 PM
it's not like they are asking $35+ each.

Surprising ain't it?

lcz128
18th July 2008, 05:03 PM
dammit! They didn't have any on Wednesday when I rocked in! Now tomorrow will be too late to get a Punch/Counterpunch base figure!!!! NUOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Paulbot
18th July 2008, 05:19 PM
New comic day is Thursday (and sometimes delayed to Friday); that's when the new stuff comes in.

lcz128
18th July 2008, 06:03 PM
DRAT! :( I worked late on Thurs - then Friday - today - is dad's birthday - so I didn't go to the city and was over at my parents' place instead (eventhough it's my day off) - Nuooooooooo!!! Need Punch/Counterpunch now! :D

Stompy
18th July 2008, 10:39 PM
They were down to just 2 Tankor's when I was there at about 5:30pm. Glad I called (they had 4 of each at time of call) and put the figs on hold.

kup
18th July 2008, 11:13 PM
They were down to just 2 Tankor's when I was there at about 5:30pm. Glad I called (they had 4 of each at time of call) and put the figs on hold.

Tankor, eh?:rolleyes: Don't give in to the Dark side, his name is Octane ;)

piratescratch
18th July 2008, 11:53 PM

Guess I won't be getting one then unless they decide to order another batch. :(

iceburn
18th July 2008, 11:59 PM
Guess I won't be getting one then unless they decide to order another batch. :(

they won't order anymore PS...
its the same with the premiums

jaydisc
19th July 2008, 12:06 AM
Keep watching Diamond Comics List. Universe Deluxes was on it last week.

Stompy
19th July 2008, 01:44 AM
Tankor, eh?:rolleyes: Don't give in to the Dark side, his name is Octane ;)

I'm not really up to scratch with G1 toys/characters besides the main cast. Rest assured that after comparing this "Octane" with G1 Octane, the alt modes on this Universe 2.0 is forced and awful. Moreso than Classics Astrotrain. Robot mode is great though except for the short stumpy arms. Think Classic Hot Rod's arms. Similar deal with the long shoulders and short arms. Not helped by his very lanky arms. Nice weapons though. 6/10

Sunstreaker is just plain awesome. Amazing looking alt mode with nary a seam ruining the alt look and an equally striking robot mode. Just a bit of advice that upon conversion when lowering the bonnet, only tilt it up to 135* from the original position (45* pointing on an agle towards the ground), it's not meant to sit flush on his back. Because I forced it down and thought it looked wrong and really loose. His arms were really low like halfway down his torso. The weapon is a bit pathetic, just a clump of grey plastic. Watch out for the shoulders though, it's a bit tricky. 9/10

Prowl is also a great figure although I'm not keen on the new trend of painting over clear plastic. In this case is the door and the sides up front. It contrasts in hue (like Animated BB) but not as obvious in white at least. Seams are everywhere which ruins the alt mode a bit. Conversion is fantastic and recalls many of the TFM conversions. The wings flip out like Barricades arms, the arms and wings fold out like Bumblebee and the head pops out similarly to Swindle's head. Bot mode is where Prowl really shines. Looks fantastic and the little gun he gets is just right. 8/10

dirge
19th July 2008, 10:50 AM
To be fair, the original Octane's alt modes had some shortcomings. The truck mode needs a giant add-on chrome cover and the plane mode needs the tailfin and has a few random things sticking out.

Stompy
19th July 2008, 02:45 PM
That's dissapointing. Add-on's are cheating. I thought the bot mode looked a bit small and bare compared to the large alt modes.

Oh it's sad to see that the heat sensetive insignia stickers are gone from Universe 2.0.

jaydisc
19th July 2008, 03:28 PM
Oh it's sad to see that the heat sensetive insignia stickers are gone from Universe 2.0.

Poop!

Are they on existing Henkeis?

Stompy
19th July 2008, 03:45 PM
Just did an ebay search for in-package pics of Henkei figures and looking at Bumblebee, the heat sensetive sticker has been replaced by a painted over insignia. Unless they come with appliable stickers. Looking at Astrotrain shows there's no heat sensetive sticker on where it's supposed to be.

Oh also, regarding Sunstreakers bonnet transformation. I have mistransformed mine and should actually sit flush on his back. I just needed to fully pull the boonet right up first. I only did it halfway. *blushes*

TheDirtyDigger
19th July 2008, 05:53 PM

Went into Minotaur late last night (8:30ish). They still had Prowl, Streaker and Octane.

Stompy
19th July 2008, 06:06 PM
Odd. At the time I was there, it was just two Octanes on the pegs. They must peg them 2 at a time?

Soundwarp
21st July 2008, 05:49 PM
HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH

I'm going nuts, i will end up getting more Animated if these don't hurry up!!!!!

SilverDragon
21st July 2008, 06:01 PM
K-Mart Broadway had Legends Onslaught (x2) and Starscream (x1).

FFN
22nd July 2008, 04:21 AM
Poop!

Are they on existing Henkeis?
Just did an ebay search for in-package pics of Henkei figures and looking at Bumblebee, the heat sensetive sticker has been replaced by a painted over insignia. Unless they come with appliable stickers. Looking at Astrotrain shows there's no heat sensetive sticker on where it's supposed to be. Henkei toys just have tampographed faction sigils like Universe 2008, no rubsigns.

Soundwarp
22nd July 2008, 06:29 PM
I am so close to ordering abroad..............

Pulse
22nd July 2008, 06:52 PM
Just wait til you see Classics Prowl... :rolleyes:

I've already repainted the white on my Prowl's front quarter panels (It's currently drying) but just incase I stuff it up, I've added another Prowl to my BBTS loot...

dirge
22nd July 2008, 08:32 PM
I've seen Classics Prowl. It's quite nice, except I really got the feeling the shoulder cannons were designed to be painted and then stripped of paint to save costs...

On the whole, he's still a winner.

STL
22nd July 2008, 11:43 PM
I personally think Classics Prowl is quite weak. Great robot mode but the alt mode really weighs it down. Review forthcoming hopefully.

SilverDragon
23rd July 2008, 01:14 PM
I've seen Classics Prowl. It's quite nice, except I really got the feeling the shoulder cannons were designed to be painted and then stripped of paint to save costs...

On the whole, he's still a winner.

Nothing stopping anyone from doing the paint job themselves.

dirge
23rd July 2008, 05:52 PM
Nothing stopping anyone from doing the paint job themselves.

True. But it's annoying that we have to.

(I've preordered the Henkai one, actually, not sure if it'll have grey guns, but I expect so).

kurdt_the_goat
23rd July 2008, 06:07 PM
This pic on F2F looks a lot like chrome on his handgun and shoulder mounted cannons (http://fantofan.jp/news/event/toyshow2008/DSC00321.jpg) :)

BTW is it Henkei or Henkai? Or is this just one of those _dirge_ things again? :D
I will ask my wife tonight and set everyone straight!

dirge
23rd July 2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah I can't speel.

kup
23rd July 2008, 07:22 PM
This pic on F2F looks a lot like chrome on his handgun and shoulder mounted cannons (http://fantofan.jp/news/event/toyshow2008/DSC00321.jpg) :)

BTW is it Henkei or Henkai? Or is this just one of those _dirge_ things again? :D
I will ask my wife tonight and set everyone straight!

wow! Look at those figures. They are not properly focused on but they already put Hasbro's universe Classics to shame.

Tober
23rd July 2008, 10:49 PM
Sunstreaker looks much better there - might pick him up afterall (if the shell is painted).

Are Prowl's rear windows opaque or transperent?

Hasn't anyone phoned Hasbro to hassle them about release dates yet?

Pulse
23rd July 2008, 11:47 PM
Prowl's rear window is non-transparent - it's painted solid

I actually hassled 2 Reps I bumped into once in a BigW but one told me she "worked in preschool..." while the other said "I've only been with Hasbro for 3 weeks..."

Liars... :rolleyes:

1orion2many
23rd July 2008, 11:54 PM
Yeah I can't speel.

:confused:What do you mean, we always listen to your speel:p:D.

Tober
24th July 2008, 12:16 AM
Prowl's rear window is non-transparent - it's painted solid

Damn :(

Thanks anyway.

kup
24th July 2008, 09:54 AM
I doubt Henkei will have a transparent rear window but you never know.

Bartrim
24th July 2008, 10:12 AM

Damn just when I was getting excited about a classics/universe Prowl You go ahead and show me these pictures. Now I ahve to wait longer for the Henkei version because he looks better:p

kup
24th July 2008, 10:17 AM
They are scheduled for a September release so it will be about a month to a month and a half after a full blown release here of Universe.

Patience is the key to not falling into the Dark side.

Gutsman Heavy
24th July 2008, 02:51 PM
that and distraction, must buy older figs to pass time! Almost done with Micron, Superlink will be next!

MV75
24th July 2008, 02:58 PM
I am so close to ordering abroad..............

Tsk tsk. What does your missus have to say about that?
________
Ferrari 125 S History (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_125_S)

kup
24th July 2008, 03:32 PM
that and distraction, must buy older figs to pass time! Almost done with Micron, Superlink will be next!

Yeah, I am using G1 to distract me. Doubledealer, Galvatron II, Stranglehold and Skystalker (if it actually arrives) are serving as good enough distractions for the moment :)

jaydisc
24th July 2008, 04:58 PM

Gold :D

Robzy
24th July 2008, 08:07 PM
Tsk tsk. What does your missus have to say about that?:D

Soundwarp
24th July 2008, 08:14 PM

What ever i tell her she can say :P

MV75
24th July 2008, 08:42 PM
Alright then. While you're at it, get two. I'd like a broad as well. :D
________
Easy vape review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/easy-vape)

Soundwarp
25th July 2008, 04:21 PM
Done, just oredered from Robotkingdom!

hoardz01
27th July 2008, 01:55 PM
Suprise suprise. Found the ultra class figures today locally. Powerglide and onslaught. Looks like they came in on Friday so they should start appearing on shelves this week. No deluxes though.
69.99 price was too much to bear though, even though these are two great looking figures. The packaging is good too, with large drawn pics of each character on the side of the box.
If anyone wants the location, pm me. There was only one of each so could be a race!
Outer eastern melbourne suburbs- think ringwood area........:cool:

jaydisc
27th July 2008, 02:04 PM
Done, just oredered from Robotkingdom!

What color? Brunette or Blonde?

MV75
27th July 2008, 03:54 PM
Suprise suprise. Found the ultra class figures today locally. Powerglide and onslaught. Looks like they came in on Friday so they should start appearing on shelves this week. No deluxes though.
69.99 price was too much to bear though, even though these are two great looking figures. The packaging is good too, with large drawn pics of each character on the side of the box.
If anyone wants the location, pm me. There was only one of each so could be a race!
Outer eastern melbourne suburbs- think ringwood area........:cool:

What the crud? $70 for an ultra? Man, I remember when they were in the $49-$55 range.

You may as well give the location away, because anyone who seriously wants those figures will get the henkei ones anyway. :)
________
OREGON MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

hoardz01
27th July 2008, 05:41 PM
Its a toyworld, no suprise there though.

kup
27th July 2008, 07:05 PM

Yeah but they are larger than Voyagers and they are around the $50 mark in non sale periods..

Yeah this prices are only justifying Henkei more although I am sure people will still by them regardless.

Pulse
27th July 2008, 07:08 PM
69.99 price was too much to bear though...

How much were the Ultras during Cybertron? :confused:

Never the less, I'll be getting my Onslaught from BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1679&company=0&category=4713)... :)

Kyle
27th July 2008, 08:53 PM
Are these Universe Ultras supposed to be "Voyagers" or "Leaders"? :confused:

Actually have been confused for a while since they got rid of the "Megas", "Ultras" system used in BW/BM. And I didn't buy any of the Unicorn Trilogy toys and was only buying Japan collectors Transformers for a while. I remember the Ultras used to be around $50 price point when I bought my BW Optimus Primal from Kmart back in 1997 (but that was more than 10 years ago). The Voyagers nowadays seem to be bigger than Megas but not quite as big as the Ultras.

Kyle
27th July 2008, 09:05 PM
Are these Universe Ultras supposed to be "Voyagers" or "Leaders"? :confused:

Actually have been confused for a while since they got rid of the "Megas", "Ultras" system used in BW/BM. And I didn't buy any of the Unicorn Trilogy toys and was only buying Japan collectors Transformers for a while. I remember the Ultras used to be around $50 price point when I bought my BW Optimus Primal from Kmart back in 1997 (but that was more than 10 years ago). The Voyagers nowadays seem to be bigger than Megas but not quite as big as the Ultras.

Sorry... There was actually some sort of discussion on this already and I managed to miss it... :p

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=747

autobreadticon
27th July 2008, 10:52 PM

i know which 1 you are talking about , i think :D
Robot heroes strangely could be released before the deluxes are

STL
28th July 2008, 03:13 AM
i'm crazy but I'm not $70 crazy...

MV75
28th July 2008, 07:43 PM
How much were the Ultras during Cybertron? :confused:

Never the less, I'll be getting my Onslaught from BBTS (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1679&company=0&category=4713)... :)

What I mentioned in my post above. ;)

Around the $50 mark.
________
Clear trichomes (http://trichomes.org)

lcz128
29th July 2008, 05:58 PM
Saw the ultras today at Toyworld BENDIGO!!! :)

Didn't get it though :b They were going for a lovely 64.95 :) A touch cheaper than the other sighting!

Soundwarp
30th July 2008, 06:32 AM
What what what

kup
30th July 2008, 09:45 AM
$65? Freaking hell! The Henkei equivalents are just $45 and if you order all three the shipping will likely make each figure at around the $55 mark.

Paulbot
30th July 2008, 12:37 PM
Toyworld stores always tend to be more expensive than the regular stores.

kup
30th July 2008, 01:01 PM

by $15?

Robzy
30th July 2008, 01:54 PM
Just got back from Toyworld Rundle Mall - they have also Universe Powerglide and Onslaught for $69.99! :(

Paulbot
30th July 2008, 04:01 PM
by $15?

Yes, well proportinately more expensive. A couple of dollars ($2-3) more for a basic, a couple of dollars ($6-7) more for a deluxe , $15 more for a Ultra seems right.

TheDirtyDigger
30th July 2008, 04:04 PM
To my knowledge it is because Toyworlds are individually owned franchises whereas the others are giant, leviathan-like behemoths with massive purchasing power.

Zippo
30th July 2008, 09:38 PM
$70 is a great price for an Ultra (In New Zealand)

Menasor, Sky Shadow etc in the Cybertron range were between $60 and $70AU when I found them in 2006. I think you guys are far to spoilt by sales..

Tober
30th July 2008, 09:48 PM
I think you guys are far to spoilt by sales..

Nah, you guys are just too docile. :p

Seriously, $70 is way too much tho.

jaydisc
30th July 2008, 10:58 PM
Aye, it's definitely too much, but Toyworld is not the benchmark. There's a Toyworld in Elsternwick that sells figures for OVER RRP: $32 for Movie Deluxes, $54 for Voyagers.

iceburn
31st July 2008, 12:21 AM
go to Toy Kingdom World!
best and cheapest buys at most time

Soundwarp
31st July 2008, 06:40 AM
Just got back from Toyworld Rundle Mall - they have also Universe Powerglide and Onslaught for $69.99! :(

Wow you can get it shipped with insurance from toy kingdom for that.

MV75
31st July 2008, 06:44 AM

Not by that amount they ever were. Their ultras used to be only about $5-$10 more, depending on what store you compare it to. And then there used to be other stores that were in line with the other retailers.

I have a feeling though that Hasbro has gotten in their ear about rrp just to get their inventory shipped..... because look at it, there's now three seperate transformers lines in retail right now. So it wouldn't surprise me if the other chains (target, kmart, etc), started at a min of $59.99-$64.99.
________
DONGFENG AUTOMOBILE COMPANY (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Dongfeng_Honda_Automobile_Company)

Pulse
31st July 2008, 11:17 AM
Not by that amount they ever were. Their ultras used to be only about $5-$10 more, depending on what store you compare it to. And then there used to be other stores that were in line with the other retailers.

I have a feeling though that Hasbro has gotten in their ear about rrp just to get their inventory shipped..... because look at it, there's now three seperate transformers lines in retail right now. So it wouldn't surprise me if the other chains (target, kmart, etc), started at a min of $59.99-$64.99.

Just another reason why we should buy our TFs online & send a message to the stores...

jaydisc
31st July 2008, 04:55 PM
A nice review of Powerglide from the author of Shortpacked. (http://shortpacked.livejournal.com/392296.html)

I'm starting to come around on the color choice too.

i_amtrunks
31st July 2008, 05:45 PM
Spotted these figures twice while I was on the South Coast.

They were $70 at Ulladulla, $65 at Nowra.

Tommy K
31st July 2008, 05:46 PM
say does anyone know if theres any classics or universe toys selling in sydney? im really looking for onslaught

kup
31st July 2008, 06:39 PM
A nice review of Powerglide from the author of Shortpacked. (http://shortpacked.livejournal.com/392296.html)

I'm starting to come around on the color choice too.

A nice write up of his point of view but I think that it was more intended as his own personal feelings of the toy rather than a review.

I still enjoyed reading it and it was much more informative than many of the hype ridden reviews that you see in the other forums (BEST FIGA EVA!!!) as he was descriptive on why he enjoys the figure even though I would have preferred a little more balance between his positive points of view and the negatives.

jaydisc
31st July 2008, 07:09 PM
True. Review was a strong word.

I think what specifically spoke to me was his description of the balance between tribute and upgrade.

Pulse
31st July 2008, 07:29 PM
Powerglide seems like a well-thought out figure but I'm not so sure about that heart thing... (:confused:)

Still, Powerglide is supposed to be red... (Why Hasbro didn't make him that colour from the beginning is anyone's guess :rolleyes:)

jaydisc
31st July 2008, 07:45 PM
You're livin' in the past. G1 Powerglide is red. Welcome to the present.

The_Damned
31st July 2008, 07:46 PM
the ultra's $70 at batemans Bay. damn i am not paying that much.

autobreadticon
31st July 2008, 08:21 PM
Powerglide is the first Transformers playah!!! whaahah

Too me theres no point having two ultra powerglide, the hasbro version is visually less boring due to the red highlights around the figure, to me its all about red paintjob homage to the coolest G1 transformer playa

dirge
31st July 2008, 09:02 PM
You're livin' in the past. G1 Powerglide is red. Welcome to the present.

But it's an update to a G1 character... not an Animated (or whatever) character. So Hasbro, by dragging the character up, are digging into the past themselves.

At any rate, I can't stand his breasts. I'm not buying this toy no matter what colour it is.

jaydisc
31st July 2008, 09:43 PM
But it's an update to a G1 character

But, by that rationale, unless he's an exact reissue, there will always be something to complain about.... wrong color, wrong size, wrong this, wrong that. It's clearly an update while still clearly being a tribute.

At any rate, I can't stand his breasts. I'm not buying this toy no matter what colour it is.

But they light up and flash!! Are you sure? :D

STL
31st July 2008, 10:56 PM
But, by that rationale, unless he's an exact reissue, there will always be something to complain about.... wrong color, wrong size, wrong this, wrong that. It's clearly an update while still clearly being a tribute.

Well then that means that Energon Downshift would be a tribute too, right? He's not exactly there with all the green but he's got the right head mold and alt mode colours.

I disagree with that. Classics is supposed to be a reimagination of the original toys, yes, but it is necessary to preserve their core elements. For Powerglide, that's a red A-10. For instance, G1 Prime and Classics Prime are hardly similar. But would you even call it a Classic if Classics Prime was pink and green? I think not. The same goes for any of the other Classics.

I think that while there are some toys that are meant to be nostaglic, Energon Bulkhead (Springer) and Downshift (wheeljack), for instance, they aren't precisely Classics. They miss the core visual elements and aesthetics of the toy. I personally don't mind Hasbro's Powerglide but I do have a problem with it not beign the right colours and being called Powerglide when they did do the right job in the past with the first wave of Classics.

dirge
31st July 2008, 11:03 PM

I'm not complaining. I'm not happy about the colour, but even in red I don't like it. I'm perfectly fine with skipping the mould :)

But they light up and flash!! Are you sure? :D

Another forced, generic, electronics gimmick. I'm very sure.

Robzy
1st August 2008, 05:19 PM
For instance, G1 Prime and Classics Prime are hardly similar. But would you even call it a Classic if Classics Prime was pink and green? I think not. The same goes for any of the other Classics.That's why I prefer the Henkei versions (especially Megatron, Astrotrain, Bumblebee and Starscream)! Right mould + right colours!

autobreadticon
1st August 2008, 05:42 PM
Dirge you are too much of a transformer fan not to get any universe toys, so i think you will butter up to Powerglide :D

kup
1st August 2008, 07:43 PM
Dirge you are too much of a transformer fan not to get any universe toys, so i think you will butter up to Powerglide :D

I dunno about Dirge but I am too much of a Transformer fan to buy Universe Powerglide instead of Henkei!

Edit: It was a typo but I changed it proper.

dirge
1st August 2008, 09:20 PM
At least spell my name right, kup.

Autobreadticon - nah, I'm far from a completist. Can't stand that figure... would pay maybe $15 for it.

Soundwarp
2nd August 2008, 05:51 PM
Powerglide and Onslaught are going for $59.00 at most Brissie Mr Toys

TheDirtyDigger
2nd August 2008, 05:55 PM
Has anybody seen these released in the dept. stores yet? i.e. Target, Big W, TRU

Pulse
2nd August 2008, 06:58 PM
When the hell is Classics 2.0 scheduled to be released here in this backwater of Hasbro's world...?! *shakes head*

kup
2nd August 2008, 08:00 PM
I went to Uncle Pete's toys in Roseland today as they usually get stock before everyone else but there was absolutely nothing, even less stuff than the last time I went which was well over a month ago.

I have been very bored with toy hunting since the end of the first wave of the movie line as there is absolutely nothing that trully catches my attention. I miss the Classics release when I was going to just about every shopping center I knew of looking for toys.

FFN
3rd August 2008, 02:50 AM
At this rate, I'm going to concentrate on Star Wars. There's a Clone Wars AT-TE with my name on it.

Soundwarp
3rd August 2008, 08:07 AM
Proof

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/soundwarp/b6345by.jpg

dirge
3rd August 2008, 02:12 PM
Onslaught and Powerglide at Fraser's Cycles (Taren Point), for $60 each. I nabbed Onslaught, but there are still some of both left.

SofaMan
3rd August 2008, 03:28 PM
Powerglide and Onslaught at Toyworld Adelaide for $70 (!) :eek:

EDIT: Just noticed Robzy posted these already. The price was so outrageous, however, I thought it was worth mentioning twice. I've ordered the Japanese versions from HLJ for 4500¥ - even with postage they're still cheaper.

kup
3rd August 2008, 06:59 PM
Powerglide and Onslaught at Toyworld Adelaide for $70 (!) :eek:

EDIT: Just noticed Robzy posted these already. The price was so outrageous, however, I thought it was worth mentioning twice. I've ordered the Japanese versions from HLJ for 4500¥ - even with postage they're still cheaper.

Hopefully for those who want Hasbro releases and don't want to order one from overseas, the prices will be more reasonable when they reach widespread release.

dirge
3rd August 2008, 09:00 PM
Sofaman, HLJ is getting "USA editions", IE the same ones you saw in Toyworld...

FFN
3rd August 2008, 09:51 PM
Aren't the USA Editions TakaraTomy's repainted ones? Red Powerglide and slightly more accurate Onslaught?

Since they don't have an ultra class in Henkei, they're just leaving them in Hasbro's packaging.

dirge
3rd August 2008, 10:00 PM
From some of the pictures I've seen, it looks like they're just selling American toys. In the case of Onslaught, I'm happy enough with Hasbro's effort anyway.

I'll leave my pre-order for Silverbolt in, just in case... (:

Pulse
3rd August 2008, 10:25 PM
I thought you weren't getting a Silverbolt...? ;) (I think I can remember you saying he didn't push your buttons or something :rolleyes: :D)

dirge
3rd August 2008, 10:29 PM
Oh I'm getting Silverbolt. It's Powerjugs that I dislike.

Pulse
3rd August 2008, 10:31 PM
What if they made a bra for Powerjugs? ;)

dirge
3rd August 2008, 10:32 PM
I'm not going there.

SofaMan
3rd August 2008, 10:37 PM
Sofaman, HLJ is getting "USA editions", IE the same ones you saw in Toyworld...

The pictures they showed with the items on their website have different colours to the US versions (i.e. more authentic Japanese colours). I should be most annoyed if they turned out to be otherwise. I'm only getting the 3 together to save postage and get the authentic colours.

Also, they're showing an October availability - they would seem consistent with a later, Japanese release, yes?

kup
3rd August 2008, 11:16 PM
The pictures they showed with the items on their website have different colours to the US versions (i.e. more authentic Japanese colours). I should be most annoyed if they turned out to be otherwise. I'm only getting the 3 together to save postage and get the authentic colours.

Also, they're showing an October availability - they would seem consistent with a later, Japanese release, yes?

Yeah they are called 'USA Editions' because they come in Hasbro boxes but the figures are painted considerably different with the exception of Onslaught who has minor differences in paint detailing, particularly the head but is otherwise the same.

Gutsman Heavy
3rd August 2008, 11:44 PM
Chrome spiky bits on the front as well, if memory serves...

FFN
4th August 2008, 02:51 AM
Toy Fair Tokyo had finished versions. No chrome on any of the Ultras.

Yeah they are called 'USA Editions' because they come in Hasbro boxes but the figures are painted considerably different with the exception of Onslaught who has minor differences in paint detailing, particularly the head but is otherwise the same. I think Onslaught's plastic colouring is more dark blue on Tomy's version.

But other than the face paint you mentioned, he's exactly the same, even down to the references to longtime TF fan Monzo.

kup
4th August 2008, 09:42 AM
Toy Fair Tokyo had finished versions. No chrome on any of the Ultras.

I think Onslaught's plastic colouring is more dark blue on Tomy's version.

But other than the face paint you mentioned, he's exactly the same, even down to the references to longtime TF fan Monzo.

There is a pic in which Silverbolt's thighs look to be gold chromed.

Robzy
4th August 2008, 12:22 PM
What if they made a bra for Powerjugs? ;):D "Powerjugs" :D

Bwahahahahaha!!! :D

kurdt_the_goat
4th August 2008, 12:24 PM
I think this is the best gallery of the USA editions so far (http://www.tformers.com/transformers-wonder-festival-japan-2008-summer-gallery/9951/news.html)

kup
4th August 2008, 01:57 PM
I think this is the best gallery of the USA editions so far (http://www.tformers.com/transformers-wonder-festival-japan-2008-summer-gallery/9951/news.html)

Are those final?

Looks like I was wrong about the Gold Chrome on Silverbolt but that Gold paint application looks damn nice so I am happy.

I am surprised at Onslaught, the one they have there is 100% the same as Hasbro's while they had previously advertised him as having a slightly more G1 like paint apps. Oh well, its not a mayor loss since neither figure seems better than the other if these are indeed the final releases.

kurdt_the_goat
4th August 2008, 02:26 PM
Not sure how final.. Onslaught definitely seems the hardest to tell apart from the Universe release.. His face is different - Universe one has silver on either side whereas Henkei has blue sides with silver down the middle. I'm inclined to think the overall blue colour is appearing similar to the Universe release because of lighting conditions.

kup
4th August 2008, 02:53 PM
Check Onslaught's face paint deco here, it looks radically different to Hasbro's which surprises me to see among the USA editions in that gallery:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT31991

Edit: I had a good look and I think you are right, the lighting of the photograph looks to be 'painting' his face silver when it isn't.

Pulse
4th August 2008, 05:40 PM
Powerglide & Onslaught @ Uncle Pete's Castle Hill

Pricetag says $60 but Loyalty Club Card makes it $54... :)

STL
4th August 2008, 06:16 PM
I saw them today for $60... almost caved in.. they look really good though Onslaught's box has a lot of space... I'm gonna order them from RK in two weeks probably

Tiby
4th August 2008, 07:17 PM
Powerglide & Onslaught @ Uncle Pete's Castle Hill

Pricetag says $60 but Loyalty Club Card makes it $54... :)

Same at Wollongong Uncle Pete's - bucketloads!

dirge
4th August 2008, 07:46 PM
Either way, I think Hasbro have done a good job on Onslaught (usual pointless electronics aside), so I'm not at all worried that I'll be skipping the Henkai version.

Autocon
5th August 2008, 01:42 AM
toyworld subi 63ish bucks for powerglide onslaught

kup
5th August 2008, 09:54 AM
So around $60 is the standard price?

MV75
5th August 2008, 11:32 AM
Local toyworld, two of each, (onslaught/powerglide) $59.99.

Also saw a few of the legends, $6.99 each.
________
How to make a vaporizer (http://howtomakeavaporizer.info/)

Sutton
5th August 2008, 12:31 PM
First time caller, longtime listener ;) Just a comment on the pricing of TF's at the moment in general...probably needs it's own thread, let me know if there's a more appropriate place to put this post.

I get most of my TFs through a local distributor straight from their warehouse (yes, cheaper and earlier than the local shops). Thought it might be worth sharing with you the wholesale prices of TFs that places like Toyworld pay for them, and how this has gone DOWN, either through changes in the value of the Aussie dollar or Hasbro's local pricing strategy (not sure which).

To start with, the Ultra Classics are $42 each at wholesale. IMO, that makes $59-$60 each about the expected price. But dont pay any more than that, $70 is extortionate for an oversized minibot with flashing juggs. Maybe if they made an Ultra Arcee with flashing...er, never mind.

To put it in perspective...when the movie stuff came in last year, the deluxes were $22, Voyagers $30 and Leaders $70. Since then the prices have dropped at wholesale to $20 for deluxes and $65 for leaders (Voyagers still at $30)...but most retailers are still charging exactly the same as they were before.

Of course, I have no idea what places like Kmart and Target get to pay for thier bulk shipments (my supplier stocks places like Toyworld and smaller hobby shops), but it's a fair bet that they're paying less for their orders too.

Just something to keep in mind the next time Toyworld tries to jip you with a $99 Leader-class figure.

reillyd
5th August 2008, 06:46 PM
First time caller, longtime listener ;) Just a comment on the pricing of TF's at the moment in general...probably needs it's own thread, let me know if there's a more appropriate place to put this post.

To put it in perspective...when the movie stuff came in last year, the deluxes were $22, Voyagers $30 and Leaders $70. Since then the prices have dropped at wholesale to $20 for deluxes and $65 for leaders (Voyagers still at $30)...but most retailers are still charging exactly the same as they were before.

Hello there Sutton, and thanks for the price information. I think its going to be cheaper to buy the Japanese versions and import than local retail, which is a shame. It would be nice to support retail, but Hasbro makes that hard.

FFN
5th August 2008, 07:15 PM
Yeah, Hasbro has a suggested RRP, but at the end of the day, the retailer charges whatever they think they can get away with (or take a loss on to sell more units).

EDIT: I work at the Department of Redundancy Department.

Thanatos
5th August 2008, 10:21 PM
Onslaught and Powerglide sighted... and purchased... I'm weak! :D

reillyd
16th August 2008, 11:43 AM
I saw a shipping box full of Nemesis Prime's at my local comic store on the Gold Coast (Titan Towers). No prices yet, as they were just unpacking them, but he looks absofiggin awesome. I have the Botcon purple redeco, and the photos of Nemesis Prime on the back look FAR superior.

Eazy D
16th August 2008, 09:24 PM
Hey guys,

Is there any release date set for classics 2.0 to hit the big chains like Target/Kmart/Big W etc. Also, has anyone got any idea what the RRp is expected to be at these stores?

Cheers for any info in advance.

BTW - hello to everyone. I have'nt disappeared off the face of the planet. I've just been lurking since I don't have a proper internet connection

jaydisc
16th August 2008, 09:25 PM
Target price tags have been spotted with 24.99 as the price, but Target is typically a bit below RRP.

There is no known release date. Soon hopefully.

Sutton
22nd August 2008, 03:48 PM
Deluxes are here locally, guys. Time to start searching.

The distributor I go to had several cases of Sunstreaker, Prowl and Whatevertheyrecallinghimnow/Octane in, ready to send out to the local Toyworlds...they'll probably show up on the shelves sometime after next Wednesday.

Good luck! :D

autobreadticon
22nd August 2008, 03:53 PM
Deluxes are here locally, guys. Time to start searching.

The distributor I go to had several cases of Sunstreaker, Prowl and Whatevertheyrecallinghimnow/Octane in, ready to send out to the local Toyworlds...they'll probably show up on the shelves sometime after next Wednesday.

Good luck! :D

LET THE FEASTING BEGIN, actually iii go hungry for a while (get henkei CBB doubling up on figures), what about those cute robot heroes?????.....

Pulse
22nd August 2008, 03:53 PM
It's about f#ckin' time!

iceburn
22nd August 2008, 04:06 PM
Target price tags have been spotted with 24.99 as the price, but Target is typically a bit below RRP.

There is no known release date. Soon hopefully.

:rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

Robzy
22nd August 2008, 07:32 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/Epps.jpg

:eek: :o

Stompy
23rd August 2008, 11:19 AM
Spotted the entire wave 1 range at Toyworld (Sunbury)

Deluxe Prowl, Sunstreaker & Tankor - $27 (8 of each)
Voyager Cybertron repaints Blaster & Quickmix - $47 (3 of each)
Ultra Onslaught & (manboobs) Powerglide - $60 (2 of each)

piratescratch
23rd August 2008, 12:01 PM
Woo! Shame Toyworlds are completely out of the way for me (location wise) to even bother. Going to have to wait for the big retail chains to start putting them on shelf.

swoop
23rd August 2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah I dont even know where the nearest toyworld is to me. I would of thought that they would of shown up at the major store now that their mid year sales are over

sifun
25th August 2008, 02:27 PM
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFU08Y3TB-L〈=us&CatID=1_66 (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFU08Y3TB-L&lang=us&CatID=1_66)

Universe 2.0 Treadbolt lose

hoardz01
25th August 2008, 07:16 PM
voyagers and deluxes wave 1 spotted at local toyworld on sunday! prowls paint....ouch.

kup
25th August 2008, 07:19 PM
http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFU08Y3TB-L〈=us&CatID=1_66 (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFU08Y3TB-L&lang=us&CatID=1_66)

Universe 2.0 Treadbolt lose

That Autobot symbol on the back of Treadbolt looks nasty.

Tiby
25th August 2008, 07:46 PM
Wave 1 deluxes and voyagers spotted at Uncle Pete's

Pulse
25th August 2008, 10:57 PM
Wave 1 deluxes and voyagers spotted at Uncle Pete's

I looked in my local Uncle Pete's today & I didn't find squat... :confused:
(Last time both our stores got Onslaught/Powerglide at the same time but not this wave :confused:)

kup
25th August 2008, 11:53 PM
I looked in my local Uncle Pete's today & I didn't find squat... :confused:
(Last time both our stores got Onslaught/Powerglide at the same time but not this wave :confused:)

They are late, I think that they should have already seen wide spread release. At this rate by the time that happens, Henkei 2.0 are going to be out.

I have a feeling that the toys have been in AU for some time and retailers have just been slow at getting them from Hasbro due to high volumes of existing Movie figures and Animated still present in shelves, particularly the larger Movie toy repaints.

Tiby
26th August 2008, 08:26 AM
They seemed to have just made it to the shelves when I got there, as there were 3 or 4 of each deluxe and 3 of each voyager.

TheDirtyDigger
26th August 2008, 09:41 AM
I thought these were hitting the big dept. stores in September?:confused:

Tiby
26th August 2008, 09:56 AM
Probably will. Toyworld and UPs seem to get them a bit quicker

i_amtrunks
26th August 2008, 09:57 AM
I have a feeling that the toys have been in AU for some time and retailers have just been slow at getting them from Hasbro due to high volumes of existing Movie figures and Animated still present in shelves, particularly the larger Movie toy repaints.

I think you are right on the money with that Kup, TRU seems to have just restocked with movie repaints that they wont be able to sell.

Pulse
26th August 2008, 11:44 AM
They seemed to have just made it to the shelves when I got there, as there were 3 or 4 of each deluxe and 3 of each voyager.

Maybe my Local UP's had already been cleaned out? :confused: I wouldn't be suprised (It's not like I already own them or anything... :) :o)

optimus1
26th August 2008, 02:45 PM
Just went over to Castle Towers Castle Hill during my lunch break:

Spotted at Uncle Pete's:
Wave 1 of Universe 2.0, Sunstreaker, Prowl, Tankor, Heavy Load and Blaster

Universe 2.0 Robot Heroes Wave 1

The_Damned
26th August 2008, 02:52 PM
wave 1 deluxes at kmart Batemans bay $22.99 and voyager repaints $38.99.....

laybuy them all i did....

sanbot
26th August 2008, 02:59 PM
Just went over to Castle Towers Castle Hill during my lunch break:

Spotted at Uncle Pete's:
Wave 1 of Universe 2.0, Sunstreaker, Prowl, Tankor, Heavy Load and Blaster

Universe 2.0 Robot Heroes Wave 1

why oh why must i work in sydney cbd?! :(

Paulbot
26th August 2008, 03:01 PM
wave 1 deluxes at kmart Batemans bay $22.99 and voyager repaints $38.99.....

laybuy them all i did....

K-Mart while there's 15% off Transformers? Nice one! :D

optimus1
26th August 2008, 03:14 PM
why oh why must i work in sydney cbd?! :(

Its just one of the reasons why i like working out at Norwest! But sometimes i miss the city but not the traffic :)

The_Damned
26th August 2008, 03:20 PM
K-Mart while there's 15% off Transformers? Nice one! :D

kmart releasing new stuff while there is a sale who would have thought.....

iceburn
26th August 2008, 03:21 PM
jay...where are you? check out your Kmart quick!! *haha*

STL
26th August 2008, 05:03 PM
jay...where are you? check out your Kmart quick!! *haha*
He has! With limited success for his wallet's Henkei restraint . :p

jaydisc
26th August 2008, 05:05 PM
Yup, my Kmart had the same as The Damned's: 3 ea. of the Deluxes and 2 ea. of the Voyagers. I grabbed one of each. I'm sorry but I didn't have enough funds to grab spares.

piratescratch
26th August 2008, 06:05 PM
Yup, my Kmart had the same as The Damned's: 3 ea. of the Deluxes and 2 ea. of the Voyagers. I grabbed one of each. I'm sorry but I didn't have enough funds to grab spares.

Nice, finally they are popping up here.

Any word if K-Mart Chadstone or K-Mart Burwood have Universe on shelf?

Soundwarp
26th August 2008, 07:08 PM
Man can i fight the urge to get the stupid repaints..............

Not a chance.

iceburn
26th August 2008, 09:08 PM
checked Burwood East just
no Universe deluxes nor voyagers...(but i guess they might have them after the sales)

anyway, i found all 4 2pack of the UNIVERSE ROBOT HEROES!!!!

gamblor916
26th August 2008, 10:23 PM
Its just one of the reasons why i like working out at Norwest! But sometimes i miss the city but not the traffic

Hey I work at Norwest as well. You're not the dude with the red Optimus plates are you?

dirge
26th August 2008, 11:26 PM
like shazam, I work in the CBD, no K-Mart. There are a few I will check later this week. I want Octane, dammit!

komikskolektor
27th August 2008, 06:22 AM
Fellow Sydneysiders.. KIDSTUFF got TF UNIVERSE for $31.00

i_amtrunks
27th August 2008, 10:04 AM
No Universe or Robot Heroes out at Kmart Mt Druitt, only oodles and oodles of Movie Screen Packs and FAB figures.

Pulse
27th August 2008, 11:42 AM
No Universe or Robot Heroes out at Kmart Mt Druitt, only oodles and oodles of Movie Screen Packs and FAB figures.

Damn! Why did that Toystore in Westfield Mt Druitt have to close down... :(

They used to get some good stuff & now it's become just another $2 shop... :(

Robzy
27th August 2008, 12:54 PM
Checked a few stores today... Nothing! :(

optimus1
27th August 2008, 01:01 PM
Hey I work at Norwest as well. You're not the dude with the red Optimus plates are you?

Yep thats me! Im glad theres a TF fan nearby, cos only some of my workmates got it first time around

I think Kmart have Universe 2.0 out, cos got me a Tankor (aka Octane) today at Kmart North Rocks while the 15% sale is still on

i_amtrunks
27th August 2008, 01:11 PM
I'll check out Blacktown and Stanhope Gardens tonight, pretty sure I'll be disappointed.

sanbot
27th August 2008, 01:23 PM
Its just not fair!

Optimus1, is there much in terms of stock?

optimus1
27th August 2008, 01:34 PM
At Kmart North Rocks, i saw all of the Universe 2.0 Wave 1 deluxes, voyagers and Robot heroes

Yesterday at Uncle Petes Castle Hill i saw all of the Universe 2.0 Wave 1 legends, deluxes, ultras

Hopefully that means that the chains are starting to get them out, hopefully kmart should have them for our sake while the 15% sale is still on :)

Pulse
27th August 2008, 02:59 PM
I just had to check out these Classics 2.0 figures in the stores myself & man, UP's Castle Hill had a truckload of them while the Kmart nearby also had the deluxes/voyagers/Wave 1 RHs.

Funnily enough, Kmart Stanhope Gardens had no new Classics 2.0 figures... :rolleyes:

What's strange is that when comparing the discounts from both the UP's card & Kmart's sale, the final price is basically the same :)

Oh & when you guys pick out a Prowl, find the one with the best paintjob. Alot of Prowl's have a paintjob that only a mother could luv... :D

TazD
27th August 2008, 03:32 PM
Universe:
Classics 2.0 Deluxes Sunstreaker, Prowl, Octane/Tankor
Classics 2.0 Voyagers Blaster & Heavy Load
Robot Heroes G1 & Beastwars Wave

K-Mart Brimbank, Vic

sanbot
27th August 2008, 04:29 PM
I just had to check out these Classics 2.0 figures in the stores myself & man, UP's Castle Hill had a truckload of them while the Kmart nearby also had the deluxes/voyagers/Wave 1 RHs.

Funnily enough, Kmart Stanhope Gardens had no new Classics 2.0 figures... :rolleyes:

What's strange is that when comparing the discounts from both the UP's card & Kmart's sale, the final price is basically the same :)

Oh & when you guys pick out a Prowl, find the one with the best paintjob. Alot of Prowl's have a paintjob that only a mother could luv... :D

Thats very reassuring, thanks for the heads up. I can't wait till thursday night shopping.

autobreadticon
27th August 2008, 06:20 PM
very impressed with the voyager's paint applications, and QC on the robot heroes is good

JuzMel
27th August 2008, 09:10 PM
Spotted Universe Blaster and Heavy Load for $38.21 each, deluxe Tankor and prowl for $22.91 each. PM for location - Melb only

dirge
27th August 2008, 09:31 PM
I checked out K-Mart on Broadway tonight - nada ):

Trailer Park Ninja
27th August 2008, 10:06 PM
I checked out K-Mart on Broadway tonight - nada ):

Thanks for saving me the trip. That K-Mart has bugger all most of the time. I'll try Parra Kmart, Target tomorrow after work.

dirge
27th August 2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks for saving me the trip. That K-Mart has bugger all most of the time. I'll try Parra Kmart, Target tomorrow after work.

Yeah, like you have far to travel! I had a ordeal getting there, in the end.

I generally haven't found K-Mart on Broadway to be much use, but it was the only one I was able to get to before the sale ended. I will try Hurstville (and maybe Sylvania) tomorrow.

cygnus
27th August 2008, 11:13 PM
toyworld flood with the v.class (44.95)
and a few sets of wave 1 deluxe

STL
27th August 2008, 11:27 PM
I saw them all today. I wasn't even looking for them actually, I was looking at Lego. When I did see them, I stopped and inspected a lot of Prowls to see if I could find one with a good paint job. None were great.

Oh I should clarify I saw all three Deluxes, the Voyagers and the Robot Heroes at K-Mart. Target had the Deluxes and Voyagers.

I passed on everything, not very good sale prices as Pulsey pointed out. Quite lame actually. I also noticed the price at Target and K-Mart for Universe Deluxes are $26.99, The Voyager price was $44.99. So Voyagers are about right but Animated Deluxes are less expensive than Universe? Either way, I think the sale was pretty lame. I think K-Mart just wanted to throw a little incentive to attract parents into buying more stuff on top of their main advertisement - the Star Wars stuff. No bargains really. I look forward to school holidays for kids in a few weeks time. Hopefully it'll be better.

i_amtrunks
28th August 2008, 11:23 AM

Thankyou, you saved me wasting a trip out there!

I was thinking about being naughty and getting them at non sale prices, but I'm gonna try and be good (for the deluxes at least, can't make any promises about the robot heroes).

Lord_Zed
28th August 2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah, like you have far to travel! I had a ordeal getting there, in the end.

I generally haven't found K-Mart on Broadway to be much use, but it was the only one I was able to get to before the sale ended. I will try Hurstville (and maybe Sylvania) tomorrow.

Damn If only i'd known they were out a day earlier.

For the record K-mart Sylvania has the Deluxes and Voyagers, there's one less (we know his real name is..) Octane there now though.

Robzy
28th August 2008, 02:55 PM
Visited Toyworld today - they had the entire first wave of Universe/Classics in store. :) Sadly, no Robot Heroes tho! :(

Pulse
28th August 2008, 03:01 PM
Sadly, no Robot Heroes tho! :(

I'm already itching for the next wave of six G1 RH's... (Damn that redness just won't go away... :o)

Robzy
28th August 2008, 03:06 PM
I'm already itching for the next wave of six G1 RH's... (Damn that redness just won't go away... :o):p

kennymak167
28th August 2008, 05:54 PM
finally see the entire wave one in morley kmart

Trailer Park Ninja
28th August 2008, 07:41 PM
Nothing here at Parramatta Westfields. Went to TRU, Myer, DJ's, K-Mart and Target :(

dirge
28th August 2008, 09:02 PM
Saw the deluxes at Hobbyco. Picked up Octane (yes, that's right, Octane). There were a few of each (:

Fungal Infection
28th August 2008, 09:03 PM
Sunstreaker, Prowl, Octane, Blaster and Heavy Load sighted at Target, Liverpool. Deluxe is $24.99, dunno about the voyagers.

Pulse
28th August 2008, 09:08 PM
Sunstreaker, Prowl, Octane, Blaster and Heavy Load sighted at Target, Liverpool. Deluxe is $24.99, dunno about the voyagers.

Yay! Target's are getting 'em now! Woo Hoo! :)

"Yippee yi-o ki-a,
Galloping all the way" :D

jaydisc
29th August 2008, 09:52 AM
I just very sadly noticed that there are no rub signs :(

Robzy
29th August 2008, 10:23 AM
"Yippee yi-o ki-a,
Galloping all the way" :DDon't you mean, "Yippee ki-yay mother f****"
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/Diehard.jpg

:D

STL
29th August 2008, 10:53 AM
Don't you mean, "Yippee ki-yay mother f****"
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/Diehard.jpg

Pulse
29th August 2008, 10:56 AM
I guess we had 2 extremely different childhoods... :D

komikskolektor
29th August 2008, 01:43 PM
Target at Burwood Westfield got heapssssssssssssss..

Pulse
29th August 2008, 03:23 PM
I checked out all the majors in Penrith & the only one with new figures was Target - deluxes & voyagers (now minus 1 Sunstreaker ;))

Sky Shadow
29th August 2008, 04:40 PM
One of the workers at Bondi Junction Target was opening a case of Universe deluxes as I got there today. I removed one Octankor, leaving the rest of a case of him, Sunstreaker and Prowl on the shelf ($26.99 each.) There was also a case of the lame Cybertron Voyager recolours. The Junction K-Mart also had Blasters (possibly Heavy Loads - I didn't care enough to check) as well as Sunstreakers and Prowls.

Paulbot
29th August 2008, 05:18 PM
One of the workers at Bondi Junction Target was opening a case of Universe deluxes as I got there today. I removed one Octankor, leaving the rest of a case of him, Sunstreaker and Prowl on the shelf ($26.99 each.)

So does that mean Target has 'raised' their price? Those shelf tags spotted a while back said $24.99 for Universe Deluxes? :confused: (I say 'raised' but they never actually had the stock...)

SilverDragon
29th August 2008, 06:27 PM
Saw the deluxes at Hobbyco. Picked up Octane (yes, that's right, Octane). There were a few of each (:

Really? I was there today. There were Voyagers and Ultras, but no Deluxes.

Tankoctane, you shall be MINE!

Pulse
29th August 2008, 08:19 PM
Octankor?

Tankoctane?

Those names are almost as bad as the Yankees "insisting" his name is "Tankor"... :rolleyes:

Can't we just call him Octane? Please! Pretty Please! :)

Soundwarp
29th August 2008, 08:41 PM
Yes we will now only refer to him as the Singer formerly known as Tankor lol