PDA

View Full Version : The ol' rusty mitts get put back to work

STL
24th June 2008, 05:02 PM
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7271/dscf3756ih8.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf3756ih8.jpg)

While waiting for my lil' sisters interviews (where there are always those inevitable waits, eh?), I'd bought a pad and a pencil to take some notes which came in awfully handy. It'd been over a yr since I'd even sketched but I'm fairly happy w/ the result.

I had no reference so worked from what I could recall in my memory banks. When I got home just now I checked the pics of the character and it looks like I did miss a few things!

So can anyone tell who i was trying to draw? Free energon chips for the person who gets it right.

turtle boy
24th June 2008, 05:10 PM
Kup? Anyway, great job, STL

Gutsman Heavy
24th June 2008, 05:49 PM
Sureshot?

jaydisc
24th June 2008, 06:07 PM
Sideswipe?

iceburn
24th June 2008, 06:20 PM
i'll say its Kup...

dirge
24th June 2008, 07:01 PM
Rainbow Brite?

(yeah, I reckon it's Kup)

Sam
24th June 2008, 09:36 PM
I don't recognise enough characters to make a good guess.

But I like his pose and the details you put on his legs. :)

sifun
25th June 2008, 11:25 AM
how old is your sister ;)

STL
25th June 2008, 10:59 PM
Sideswipe?

We have a winner. :)

What gave you that idea? I can see where everyone is coming from w/ Kup now though. :(

I was actually aiming for War Within Sideswipe (I love WW) but screwed up on the shoulders and the back pack. I also stuffed up the windscreen on the chest. I thought for some reason it was only half the chest.

I don't recognise enough characters to make a good guess.

But I like his pose and the details you put on his legs. :)

I actually realised later I gave him the wrong leg decos. They're actually Hot Rod's! :( Looks like my memory of my favourite bots isn't as good as I think it is.

how old is your sister ;)

Dude, "lil' sister's interview" :p

jaydisc
26th June 2008, 07:55 AM
We have a winner. :)

What gave you that idea? I can see where everyone is coming from w/ Kup now though. :(

Crazy. I thought I was going to be a bit of a laughing stock after all the Kup suggestions. The head and the calves spoke Sideswipe to me, but the chest plate totally didn't, but I took a shot anyway. I guess the WW thing explains that.

Sweet! I'm loading up. Energon chips from you and a Myer Voyager from Ice. Noice!