PDA

View Full Version : Thunder, thunder, thunder, ThunderCATS!

reillyd
15th August 2012, 12:05 PM
TRU is now stocking the 3 3/4 inch Thundercats line, with a mixture of wave 1 and wave 2 figures, as well as larger products such as the ThunderTANK, Thundercats Tower, and the Deluxe assortment figures and vehicles.
What's more, they're also stocking the larger 6-7 inch figures, which would look good with MOTU figures.

Individual 3 3/4 inch figures 14.99
Deluxe size 24.99
Deluxe vehicles 29.99
Thundertank 59.99? or 69.99
Thundercats tower 79.99

Thundercats classics 29.99
http://www.bandai.com/thundercats/images/slide-3.png

Tallestblue
15th August 2012, 03:22 PM
And at Mt Gravatt they had the 6'' modern figs for $24.99 each, Lion-O, Mumm-Ra and Panthro.

And Also the 8'' Classics would scale well with the TMNT classics too....pretty close to actual height there...

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th August 2012, 06:01 PM
I nabbed a 6 Inch Mummra.

I already ahve a Classic Lion -o, anybody seen them here yet? I need Mumm-Ra in that too!

gamblor916
15th August 2012, 07:35 PM
Oh no is this something else I must collect? Are they drip feeding us wave by wave? I have to have the original cast but from what I've read they're only continuing with 6 inch figures?

Sky Shadow
16th August 2012, 04:37 AM
Oh no is this something else I must collect? Are they drip feeding us wave by wave? I have to have the original cast but from what I've read they're only continuing with 6 inch figures?

The line is pretty much dead in the water, G - which may even be the reason they're finally 'generously' bringing the line to Oz. The 'Classics' line (which I suspect is the one you want) only has three characters to collect in four toys - 8-inch Tygra, both 6-and-8-inch Lion-O and 6-inch Mumm-Ra. Classics Cheetara may or may not eventually see limited release. I love the 8-inch Lion-O mould though - it was probably my favourite action figure of 2011.

gamblor916
16th August 2012, 06:23 AM
Such a shame. It would have been a nice line.

5FDP
16th August 2012, 09:29 AM
I had a passing interest in these when I heard they were coming out however couldn't be bothered going to the trouble of ordering them online. If I'm out and about and happen to see them - especially Mumm-Ra, I would be more than tempted to pick them up.

gamblor916
17th August 2012, 08:18 AM
Why haven't I heard of these before!? These look awesome! Considering the size the price is decent as well.

Mezco Panthro (http://www.mezcotoyz.com/thundercats-14-inch-panthro)

Tetsuwan Convoy
17th August 2012, 11:21 AM
The line is pretty much dead in the water, G - which may even be the reason they're finally 'generously' bringing the line to Oz. The 'Classics' line (which I suspect is the one you want) only has three characters to collect in four toys - 8-inch Tygra, both 6-and-8-inch Lion-O and 6-inch Mumm-Ra. Classics Cheetara may or may not eventually see limited release. I love the 8-inch Lion-O mould though - it was probably my favourite action figure of 2011.

Is the Classic Mumm-Ra only in 6 inch?? That sucks, as I am not buying the 6 inch classic Lion-O to go with him , I already bought the 8. I agree that it is a great action figure!

My review of Lion-O old eight inch (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/classic-cats-1980s-lion-o.html)

My review of 6 inch New Lion-O (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/2011-lion-o-thundercats-whoooaaa.html)

Too bad the cartoon is dead and probably the line. While I disliked the original cartoon, I really liked the aesthetics of the toys. Had a lot of potential methinks and I think that looks-wise, Mumm-Ra is one of my favourite 80s villains!!

5FDP
17th August 2012, 01:24 PM
Mumm-Ra is one of my favourite 80s villains!!

QFT :cool:

liegeprime
17th August 2012, 10:36 PM
Is the Classic Mumm-Ra only in 6 inch?? That sucks, as I am not buying the 6 inch classic Lion-O to go with him , I already bought the 8. I agree that it is a great action figure!

My review of Lion-O old eight inch (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/classic-cats-1980s-lion-o.html)

My review of 6 inch New Lion-O (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/2011-lion-o-thundercats-whoooaaa.html)

Too bad the cartoon is dead and probably the line. While I disliked the original cartoon, I really liked the aesthetics of the toys. Had a lot of potential methinks and I think that looks-wise, Mumm-Ra is one of my favourite 80s villains!!

True the cartoon being shown here is kinda old, and usually reruns the last episode though can be seen here - with a very surprising twist. - up to episode 26. Season ender...... hopefully the new season gets picked up and the cartoon does continue. It's a bit of a wait and see along with Avatar:Legend Of Korra. If your after some toons(not anime:)) as well like Symbionic Titan or Generator Rex - they have it listed in their cartoon section, complete.

http://www.animeflavor.com/index.php?q=node/20618

Sam
18th August 2012, 03:04 PM
Mumm-Ra is one of my favourite 80s villains!!

Physically, Mumm-Ra looks like Skeletor on steroids.

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th August 2012, 05:50 PM
Physically, Mumm-Ra looks like Skeletor on steroids.

Ha ha ha! true that! Probably why I like him.

I went to my local TRU today to see if they had the classics. Talked to one staffy who seemed to know a bit and he said that they had just got the T/cats in and they didn't have any classics. Sad face. I wants me a Mumm-ra dammit!

Was impressed to see they had stock of the Thundertank.

I guess what we are seeing now are the leftovers?

VERT
18th August 2012, 06:09 PM
Found some today. Got three of the small figures on sale for $12.99 Think I should go back later and get the larger Lion-O I need one I do. :D

Skript
19th August 2012, 08:11 AM
saw these maybe 2 weeks ago at chaddy TRU, then yesterday the whole line was gone?

removed or sold??

Yukitora
19th August 2012, 08:49 AM
6" nohhhh the face is awful. teeny-bopper.... teenage... nohhhhhhh!

ah. there we go. manly Lion-o. It's ok. I'm ok. I'll take classics any day. At TRU you say?

5FDP
21st August 2012, 10:22 AM
Picked up the 3 3/4 inch Mumm-Ra from TRU last night for $12.99. I was looking out for the 6 inch 'classic' version as mentioned in this thread but they didn't seem to have it - although they had two other 6 inch Mumm-Ra's from the new Thundercats cartoon :confused:

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th September 2012, 11:44 AM
Saw the 4 inch line and the action featured figures (sword lifting lion o etc) at a Big W yesterday. No larger figs though and no pricing either...

Also Toys R Us has the Tower of Omens in their catalogue as ($60 - $20 off I think, a little bit tempting...:D) and the thundertank (normal price) as well as other figs at reg retail. Hopefully they have had a restock. Gonna try for the classic again, even though the mag only had the new 2011 versions.

VERT
9th September 2012, 11:56 AM
Got the 3 1/2 inch Cheetara and Mumrah yesterday. Also found them at Target, Big W and Myers as well as TRU

5FDP
10th September 2012, 07:44 AM
I also saw these at Target yesterday. Was very tempted to get more 3 3/4 inch figures. Have yet to find a classic Lion-O :(

Paul Agnew
27th September 2012, 01:41 PM
Don't know about you lot, but these new ThunderCats toys are too much for me to handle.

http://imageshack.us/a/img802/9814/lionoescape.jpg

:p

Tetsuwan Convoy
27th September 2012, 06:33 PM
Don't know about you lot, but these new ThunderCats toys are too much for me to handle.

http://imageshack.us/a/img802/9814/lionoescape.jpg

:p

I LIKE IT!!

If only I could find a classics mumm-ra! I wonder if they are even going to release the Classic ones out here. Think I'ma gonna emails them to find out!:cool:

Cat
28th September 2012, 03:07 PM
Has anyone seen the classic figures anywhere yet?

I still don't have the 6 inch versions.

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st October 2012, 06:54 PM
Has anyone seen the classic figures anywhere yet?

I still don't have the 6 inch versions.
AAAARGH!~ Nut snacks!! With the above quote in mind, I emailed the Aussie distributors (Headstart international) and got this reply.

Hi *Tets*,

Thank-you for your interest in this product.

I am sorry, the only type of Thundercats product will sell is what is currently on the shelves – cartoon version.

Regards,

Real name removed for privacy

So no plans for the classics here. Poop, well I guess I just have to keep my eyes peeled for a 6 inch Cheetara then.

Sad face

5FDP
2nd October 2012, 11:03 AM
That sucks :( At least now I know so I can stop looking for it. Thanks Tets.

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd October 2012, 07:54 PM
That sucks :( At least now I know so I can stop looking for it. Thanks Tets.

You're welcome and I agree. I really want a classics mumm-ra...:(

jazzcomp
9th October 2013, 08:16 PM
Gave in to clearance at reject shop & got the thundertank, thunderracer & wilykit.

Looked at the box pic for the tower of omen, is there a wilykat here in Oz? How about the tiger flyer?

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th October 2013, 02:15 PM
Hmm, I dont think there is a Wilykat. I think I'm missing him too. Oddly Claudius was found locally

Did they make a Tigerflyer? Wow, they did! I assume it just never made it here, like the Mumm-ra Car.

jazzcomp
10th October 2013, 02:45 PM
Mumm-ra Car is available here. I only saw it Reject Shop stores.

Sinnertwin
10th October 2013, 05:21 PM
$7 for Mumm-Ra. Can't say no to that :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th October 2013, 08:29 PM
Mumm-ra Car is available here. I only saw it Reject Shop stores.

??? Whaaaaa? Typical. I've not seen one here. So paid 50 bucks on ebay for one. Incl postage but still... and it's rubbish...

jazzcomp
11th October 2013, 09:14 AM
$7 for Mumm-Ra. Can't say no to that :p
Did you get the tower of omen playset too? :D

Sinnertwin
11th October 2013, 09:49 AM
Did you get the tower of omen playset too? :D

I had a good luck around but they didn't have it :(
Wasnt much there in the way of vehicles etc, so Mumm Ra is living out of a cardboard box for the time being :p

Sinnertwin
14th October 2013, 03:16 PM
Ha ha ha! Great Success!

http://i1335.photobucket.com/albums/w661/sinnertwinsphotos/20131014_143134_zpsbc6905d4.jpg (http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/sinnertwinsphotos/media/20131014_143134_zpsbc6905d4.jpg.html)

Cheers, JC :cool:

jazzcomp
14th October 2013, 03:30 PM
No worries :) Did you get the vehicles/figures too?

Sinnertwin
14th October 2013, 07:06 PM
No worries :) Did you get the vehicles/figures too?

Just Omens today :) They had a few 3 & 3/4 inch figures for 4! (big w are selling the same on clearance foe $10 :rolleyes: ) Thundertanks etc but i've got to be careful, at those prices i'll proably end up buying the whole lot :D:D

Hot Rodimus
27th October 2013, 07:40 PM
I couldn't believe it, at least until I read this thread, but picked up a thundertank for $5.60 at my local Target. Looked like it had been lost in a storeroom as the box was beat up and dusty. I was shocked. Picked up a Lion - O for 10 bucks at Big W aswell to compliment it. Now I have to find my closet Reject Shop and see what they have.

I have always loved Thundercats, grew up with the originals and still have the original Lion-O and Panthro, sadly I have lost the original thundertank over the years.

I would love to get my hands on a classic Lion-O, sucks that from the sounds of things they can only be found online.

Cat
28th October 2013, 02:40 AM
I'm loving the Mezco 18inch figures.

Such beautiful sculpts, the necessary accessories, great paint, and decent articulation for the size.

Panthro's still my favourite, but the most recent, Cheetara, is pretty nice too.

They're all fine additions to any collection, and I highly recommend them.

jazzcomp
28th October 2013, 09:10 AM
18 inch? where did you get those?

Cat
28th October 2013, 01:17 PM
I got mine from BBTS.

Never seen them locally.

Oops. Just saw they list them as being 14 inches, not 18.

They're huge, anyway.

Done by Mezco, and they're very cheap for what they are. They're not super-articulated, but there's enough to give you some nice posing options.

There's also a SDCC Cheetara that came with Snarf, the regular one doesn't.

They use the classic designs too, not the most recent look.

jazzcomp
28th October 2013, 01:53 PM
Got wilykat. Cancelled on 4" winged mumm-ra since the price matches 6" version

Sinnertwin
30th October 2013, 08:41 PM
Got wilykat. Cancelled on 4" winged mumm-ra since the price matches 6" version

Are the 4" versions $7 too? I thought they were on clearance for $4? Or have the 6" figures come down in price?
Uncle Pete is also carrying TC playsets. Saw Thundertank and Omens today, i think that they were about $20-$30 each. I only had a quick look on the way home.

jazzcomp
30th October 2013, 08:56 PM
Are the 4" versions $7 too? I thought they were on clearance for $4? Or have the 6" figures come down in price?
Uncle Pete is also carrying TC playsets. Saw Thundertank and Omens today, i think that they were about $20-$30 each. I only had a quick look on the way home.
The winged version is not available here in the 4" line. You're right about the price.

I paid $5 for wilykat since he's not available here.

Wanted to complete the set and get Grune and winged Mumm-ra on evil-bay.

Sinnertwin
30th October 2013, 09:08 PM
The winged version is not available here in the 4" line. You're right about the price.

I paid $5 for wilykat since he's not available here.

Wanted to complete the set and get Grune and winged Mumm-ra on evil-bay.

That's right, it's just the one with the robe available here along with the larger version.
Gotcha ;)

Sharky
15th November 2013, 06:17 AM
The original cartoon is now on iTunes $7.99 a volume with 30 odd eps a volume

Season 1 Vol 1
Season 1 Vol 2
Season 2 Vol 1
Season 2 Vol 2

Awesome price

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th November 2013, 01:02 AM
Good price. I tried watching some original TCats a while ago. Oh man, I then discovered why I hadn't watched any before. Man they were BORING. :p

gekisou
25th November 2013, 07:54 AM
I must admit. A lot fo cartoons I loved as a child, did not age well. Not neccessarily animation being a problem. Its more like the episodes themselves. Thundercats aged ok... I guess. Visionaries aged pretty badly as did Dino Riders, M.A.S.K., Silverhawks and a few more. But in the end, if you grew up with these series, I think you buy them more for the nostalgia and the 'Oh god, I can't believe I loved this as a child' factor. :)

sideswipes brother
25th November 2013, 05:29 PM
I must admit. A lot fo cartoons I loved as a child, did not age well. Not neccessarily animation being a problem. Its more like the episodes themselves. Thundercats aged ok... I guess. Visionaries aged pretty badly as did Dino Riders, M.A.S.K., Silverhawks and a few more. But in the end, if you grew up with these series, I think you buy them more for the nostalgia and the 'Oh god, I can't believe I loved this as a child' factor. :)

Yep, i totally agree. I tried to watch M A S K the other week and had to turn it off. All the action scenes were bad and the dialog is terrible.:eek::D
Loved that show though!!

Sinnertwin
25th November 2013, 05:41 PM
Yep, i totally agree. I tried to watch M A S K the other week and had to turn it off. All the action scenes were bad and the dialog is terrible.:eek::D
Loved that show though!!

Ditto. Bought the box set & it was pure arse.
Same with He Man & Voltron. I couldnt watch more than 2-3 episodes, it was a case of lather, rinse & repeat.
Surprisingly, i enjoyed G.I Joe.

Sam
25th November 2013, 08:51 PM

Yes, it is hard to see why I loved those shows. Animation quality was inconsistent, plots were overly simple ... but then again, I think as a kid I only yearned to see good triumph over evil in the space of 30 minutes and so perhaps the cartoons were good enough in this sense.

I still think Galaxy Rangers was one of the more interesting cartoons, but it could not escape the problem of inconsistent animation quality.

jazzcomp
26th November 2013, 05:38 AM
Macross :)

theshape
30th November 2013, 08:15 PM
picked up a thundertank from reject shop for $7 today!