PDA

View Full Version : Closing down sale in Brisbane

griffin
25th August 2012, 01:10 AM
I only found out about this tonight at work, and not much is known about this, as it was just a small advertisement in today's paper.

It said a store (not named) was closing down in Geebung, and was liquidating their toy stock... and named several example toy brands (including Transformers).

If it is a Toyworld, or some other independent, it might have a few old oddities still lying around... but being an Australian toystore, I doubt there would be anything new or unique.
Or it could be a wholesaler closing down, which would mean cases of toys (but still nothing that hasn't been released here).

If the pricing is discounted enough, it might be worth buying up a few things to use later as trading stock, or to resell down the track when they are worth more.

The details:
Address - 105 Baslat St, Geebung
Time/Days - 9am-2pm, Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th August

I'll try to get over to it to see what it has on offer.

griffin
25th August 2012, 07:28 PM
I didn't end up going... I couldn't motivate myself enough to spend two hours driving around on my own just to see what they had (because I wasn't likely to buy anything if it is only Australian-released stuff).

Did anyone else end up going?

Stug
26th August 2012, 11:06 AM
If anyone is interested I just dropped in and had a look... Only TF items were HA Bumblebee (black one) for $15 (plenty there), Movie voyager Starscream for $20 (about half dozen of those) and a few movie cyberverse figures - 1st wave I think - for $6.

I don't collect them and am not familiar with them so i may not be 100% right on the description of the figures but might save someone making a wasted trip.

griffin
26th August 2012, 01:26 PM
Good to hear someone went. Glad I didn't end up wasting 2 hours for just that.

Prices don't seem as impressive as I'd have hoped either, as those are close to wholesale prices... which is US Retail price.