PDA

View Full Version : Finally here~!

Kyle
9th January 2008, 02:26 PM
Just returned from my Japan/Hong Kong trip. Glad to be back home. :D

1orion2many
9th January 2008, 02:32 PM
:)Welcome back, hope your trip was an enjoyable one.

Saintly
9th January 2008, 02:36 PM
welcome back kyle! what goodies did ya bring back? :)

Kyle
9th January 2008, 02:46 PM
Heaps. I'll go take some photos now. :D

iceburn
9th January 2008, 03:28 PM
Heaps. I'll go take some photos now. :D

welcome back Kyle..boy oh boy do we miss you...show pics!!

Kyle
9th January 2008, 03:36 PM
Here we go... :D

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=67&page=7

kennymak167
10th January 2008, 12:42 AM
i m going back to hk in march too.... so excited... do u know where can i get some cheap transformers or toys?? havent been back for so long!!:(

roller
10th January 2008, 12:09 PM
hi kenny welcome back

remember that time we set fire to those bricks?

GoktimusPrime
10th January 2008, 06:51 PM
Did you end up checking out Ikebukuro?

Kyle
10th January 2008, 10:27 PM
i m going back to hk in march too.... so excited... do u know where can i get some cheap transformers or toys?? havent been back for so long!!:(

The toy shops outside Mong Kok have gotten crappier and crappier. I think the business of operating a toy shop is getting more and more difficult in HK. So your best chance of finding any toy (and at the best price) is still Mong Kok.

Mong Kok:
Try the following shopping malls: Siu Maan (兆萬), Sun Woh (信和), In's Point (現時點), Gaai Wong (皆旺).
They are all within 10-15 min walking distance of each other (if you can get through the crowd). Most people only check out the levels of each mall linked by the esculators. But there're actually even more shops if you take the lift to level 16 of Siu Maan and level 9, 10 of Sun Woh.

Wanchai:
Try a street called Taai Yuen street (太原街), then a shopping mall called 188 (東方188).

Did you end up checking out Ikebukuro?

In Ikebukuro I only visited TRU in Sunshine City and then a Bic Camera. I managed to find a shop which sells heaps of "My Neighbour Totoro" stuff and bought a couple of items for my sister. :)

Kyle
10th January 2008, 11:11 PM
Also opposite to the Siu Maan mall is a store called Animate (宇宙船). There are 3 in Mong Kok. 2nd one is actually in the basement of Sun Woh mall.

Don't think that because all shops are in the same mall then their prices would be similar. Big mistake. The price difference of one shop and another shop on the same level can be very big. Eg. I bought my pair of Encore Ironhide and Ratchet for HKD 238 (roughly AUD 35 at the time), while another shop in the same mall was selling EACH for HKD 200. Another example was a non-TF toy that I got (reissue Gold Lightan). One shop was selling it for HKD 158 while another for HKD 299. So be sure to check out all shops (at least in the same mall) before taking out your wallet. Also keep in mind that prices in shops can change crazy fast (a few times on the same day for some brand new and hot items).

Don't expect to find many Binaltechs in Hong Kong now. The few that remain are very expensive and can be over HKD 1000. MP-05 on the other hand can be as low as HKD 450 at the moment. Problem of course is how to get it back... :o

GoktimusPrime
10th January 2008, 11:42 PM
"Animate (宇宙船)"<--- for those who can't read Kanji that translates as "spaceship" (Uchuusen). Hehehe, cute.

I would've called it 宇宙戦艦 (Uchuusenkan - Space Battlecruiser) :p :p
http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000BGPO6S.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

kennymak167
11th January 2008, 12:39 AM
thank you so much, that really helpful.
also one question how much do u pay for ur GX-13???

Kyle
11th January 2008, 05:22 PM
I bought my GX-13 at a bad time. If I went to Hong Kong a few weeks earlier it would have been HKD $999. By the time I got to HK most of the stocks have gone and the cheapest I could find was HKD $1180. Expect most places to sell it for above HKD 1300 - 1400 now.