PDA

View Full Version : Places for buying lego

gdmetro
29th August 2012, 08:52 PM
To all lego collectors, where do you get your lego from?

I haven't bought lego since I was a kid, but have recently seen some reviews on the superheroes line and am interested in picking a few of the batman ones up.

I looked at BBTS and Amazon as possible sources but Australia is excluded. Are there any other US based sites or international sites (i.e. HK).

Obviously I am looking to avoid domestic retail pricing.

Thanks! :D

liegeprime
30th August 2012, 06:51 AM
Im not actively collecting Lego for a few years now since I have no room for my "city" now. But back in the years I did, I just go retail. Ebay was an option but you have to be very choosy and quick coz Lego prices don't drop.
Too bad about BBTS, would've been great with them coz of the POL system they have, :(

JuzMel
31st August 2012, 02:03 PM
To all lego collectors, where do you get your lego from?

I haven't bought lego since I was a kid, but have recently seen some reviews on the superheroes line and am interested in picking a few of the batman ones up.

I looked at BBTS and Amazon as possible sources but Australia is excluded. Are there any other US based sites or international sites (i.e. HK).

Obviously I am looking to avoid domestic retail pricing.

Thanks! :D
I think one of the guy's business partner here owns this website:
http://shopforme.com.au/

They have pretty good LEGO prices.

DQuick
13th October 2012, 06:03 PM
Barnes and Noble. They don't have the best selection but they post to Australia for very reasonable prices that are based on the number of items, with no regard for size :)

Decepticon
14th October 2012, 10:44 AM
Barnes and Noble. They don't have the best selection but they post to Australia for very reasonable prices that are based on the number of items, with no regard for size :)

They take like 6-8 weeks to deliver though.....and arrive all squashed.:mad:. Never again.

kaiden
14th October 2012, 03:34 PM
They take like 6-8 weeks to deliver though.....and arrive all squashed.:mad:. Never again.

mine was 3 weeks? and the boxes were all fine.

i_amtrunks
14th October 2012, 03:43 PM

That sounds more like a postal service issue than B&N. Ive gotten books from them before and ever had a problem, awaiting a lego order sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, will post here when they arrive.

DQuick
14th October 2012, 09:28 PM

I've gotten squashed boxes from a number of sellers including lego.com. Don't know what you are going to do to stop that other than buy it at retail where you can inspect the box. All my orders from B&N have come inside additional packaging and generally been pretty good.

As for delivery time, I've found it generally ok. That said, I find the delivery time of the US postal service erratic at the best of times.