PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan

5FDP
4th September 2012, 01:30 PM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/green-mile-michael-clarke-duncan-actor-dead-aged-54/story-fndo2j43-1226464395829 :(

Moments like this remind me of a quote from the movie The Crow - "Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die." Life is far too short.

griffin
4th September 2012, 01:36 PM
He seemed a lot younger than 54, but you're never too young for a heart attack these days.
He was certainly most known for the Green Mile, but I'll remember him more for his more comedic roles (Whole Nine Yards, Mission Impossible, etc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Clarke_Duncan#Filmography)).

I thought it ironic that he mentioned in an interview earlier in the year, that he's been on a vegetarian diet for 3 years to improve his health. Either the damage had been done already... or being vegetarian is unhealthy for you. :p

1AZRAEL1
4th September 2012, 01:47 PM
Saw this earlier. Sad news indeed, and quite an apt quote from the crow. I'll also remember him for his voice actor roles too.

Bartrim
4th September 2012, 02:18 PM
So sad. Even if I didn't like the movie he was in I usually enjoyed his role. Frankie Figs from the whole nine yards and Bear from Armageddon were 2 of my favourite roles.

UltraMarginal
4th September 2012, 03:36 PM
Another great actor gone before his time.
I have enjoyed his work through many mediums, RIP.

liegeprime
4th September 2012, 03:37 PM
hmmm died so young :(

kup
4th September 2012, 06:26 PM
Yes, this is very sad as I liked him as an actor and seemed like a really nice guy in real life.

Slag
4th September 2012, 06:41 PM
I couldn't believe it when i read it this morning. i thought he would have had the heart of an ox.. Really liked him in The Island , even if it was just a minor role.

5FDP
5th September 2012, 08:52 AM
The weird thing - for me anyway, was that I watched Armageddon about a week ago on free-to-air when I hadn't seen it for about 10 years.

GoktimusPrime
5th September 2012, 01:06 PM
A healthy lifestyle is no guarantee that you'll live longer/better than someone with an unhealthy lifestyle. There are vegetarians who regularly exercise who die prematurely, yet carnivorous smokers who live longer... but statistically speaking healthy lifestyle practices greatly improve your odds of living longer/better. e.g. greatly reducing chances of having a heart attack. It doesn't make you impervious to heart attacks, but you're just less likely to have one.

I guess the guy was just unlucky. :( :( I'll remember him in his role in the Green Mile, and also as Wilson Fisk in Daredevil. :)

5FDP
5th September 2012, 03:03 PM
A healthy lifestyle is no guarantee that you'll live longer/better than someone with an unhealthy lifestyle.

Jeanne Calment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment), the oldest person ever recorded at 122 years old, smoked for approx. 100 of those years. As an ex-smoker, if someone guaranteed me that I would live to that age while still smoking, I'd take up the habit again :p

Bartrim
5th September 2012, 06:07 PM
yet carnivorous smokers who live longer..

Is that someone who eats smoked ham or rolls up their steak and lights it up?:confused::p

SkyWarp91
5th September 2012, 09:53 PM
One of my career dreams if I became a full-on film director was to work with Michael Clarke Duncan, guess that'll never now... ...such a talented actor and he surely will be missed.

R.I.P.