PDA

View Full Version : Target 20% off Transformers 6-12 Sept

griffin
7th September 2012, 01:03 AM
Tipped off by a sighting by Ultra Marginal, Target have 20% off Transformers (and Lego) from 6th to 12th September.

Catalogue can be seen here (http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/catalogue/target-catalogue-it-s-all-about-colour-for-kids/4rrleoltx.html). The offer is actually on the back page (I had trouble finding it).
It shows the BotShots 4-pack as a featured example, being $31 during the sale (actually 20.5% off, but close enough).

Catalogue also shows the PS3 and Xbox FOC game for $69 each.

(expect it to exclude any items already reduced... like the Kreo or Jetwing Optimus)

I just realised that the last toy sale we had at a major chain was two months ago, at the mid-year sales.

Decepticon
7th September 2012, 09:12 AM
I just realised that the last toy sale we had at a major chain was two months ago, at the mid-year sales.

And in those 2 months, I don't think my local Target has sold a single Transformer. Kind of a worry really.

UltraMarginal
7th September 2012, 10:20 AM
I did check the Jetwing, still 98.80 or whatever.

swoop
7th September 2012, 10:29 AM
I haven't even bothered to check my local store since the Christmas sales, I've just been buying everything online. Which is sad because I'd rather buy local but if they aren't stocking why should I risk waiting and miss out. I'll check target today and see if they have cyberverse mirage and soundwave but otherwise I've had enough of local stores

GoktimusPrime
7th September 2012, 11:28 AM
This'd be nice if they had new stock. :o

Paulbot
7th September 2012, 11:41 AM

Target stores in NSW and VIC have FOC deluxes in time for the sale. Hows that for new stock.

Sharky
7th September 2012, 11:42 AM

Well FOC figures have been spotted in a NSW target, lets hope more have followed and stocked them.

i_amtrunks
7th September 2012, 01:59 PM
Well FOC figures have been spotted in a NSW target, lets hope more have followed and stocked them.

Bet the sale was meant to clear shelf space for ther FOC toys to be put out post sale! :p

liegeprime
9th September 2012, 12:12 AM
hmmm, Ill see if my local has any on the shelves. they have the habit of putting only a few then not even resotcking the shelves... once the ones on dispaly are bought it's shelves, shelves and not but shelves for weeks on.:mad::mad::mad: lazy local retailers.

Trent
9th September 2012, 10:32 AM
hmmm, Ill see if my local has any on the shelves. they have the habit of putting only a few then not even resotcking the shelves... once the ones on dispaly are bought it's shelves, shelves and not but shelves for weeks on.:mad::mad::mad: lazy local retailers.

Excellent business philosophy isn't it.

5FDP
10th September 2012, 08:39 AM
For the most part, this seems to be a pretty pointless sale. Of all the Targets I went to on the weekend, which was about 4 in total, all they had were the Prime and Bee masks, a few left-over Kreo's, and some TFP legions. Even with 20% off they don't seem to be moving. The new Generations toys, if you can find them, are definitely the only highlight of this sale. Oh, and don't get me started on the staff that work there...

jazzcomp
10th September 2012, 09:14 AM
For the most part, this seems to be a pretty pointless sale. Of all the Targets I went to on the weekend, which was about 4 in total, all they had were the Prime and Bee masks, a few left-over Kreo's, and some TFP legions. Even with 20% off they don't seem to be moving. The new Generations toys, if you can find them, are definitely the only highlight of this sale. Oh, and don't get me started on the staff that work there...
Full of Kreo Starscreams and Primes $100+

tron07
10th September 2012, 12:14 PM
Saw that Target East Gardens got some sort of special sale this Wed Night... from 5-9pm.
Not sure if applicable at all stores or just the store I was at.

Seraphim Prime
12th September 2012, 03:07 PM
Saw that Target East Gardens got some sort of special sale this Wed Night... from 5-9pm.
Not sure if applicable at all stores or just the store I was at.

Yeah, that's a "VIP" night for the Homewares sale. Won't be anything above and beyond this weeks sale, just an early start of next weeks sale.

GoktimusPrime
19th September 2012, 09:08 AM
Target stores in NSW and VIC have FOC deluxes in time for the sale. Hows that for new stock.
Until yesterday I hadn't seen any FoC stuff at my local Targets. And all I saw yesterday was one lone FoC Optimus Prime which scanned for $28 (maybe it's scanning at the pre-sale price). :( If FoC is being distributed at Targets, it's not getting out much around my locals (any bet I'll start seeing them pegwarm everywhere after the sale ends).

griffin
19th September 2012, 12:23 PM
:confused: Sale ended 7 days ago (Sept 12th).

GoktimusPrime
20th September 2012, 03:19 PM
That explains it. :p So sure enough, I didn't see any new toys at all until after the sale. :(

Seraphim Prime
20th September 2012, 04:58 PM
That explains it. :p So sure enough, I didn't see any new toys at all until after the sale. :(

That's cos everyone else got in ahead of you! :)

I work at the Carlo Target, and can definately say that they were all out by the Friday of the sale. I think 5FDP bought both Shockwaves on the Monday or Sunday.

UltraMarginal
20th September 2012, 05:54 PM
Well, if more stock comes in you might be in luck (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14456#post318089)

SuspectimusPrime
21st September 2012, 12:35 AM
Well, if more stock comes in you might be in luck (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=14456#post318089)

Has anyone seen FOC Combaticons land in the Targets of other states yet?

UltraMarginal
21st September 2012, 12:29 PM
Has anyone seen FOC Combaticons land in the Targets of other states yet?

I haven't heard of them being anywhere in Australia.

5FDP
21st September 2012, 01:37 PM
I think 5FDP bought both Shockwaves on the Monday or Sunday.

I sure did :D The wife thought I was crazy making a special trip to Carlingford and chances are they're going to start popping-up everywhere, but I just got sick of waiting.

SuspectimusPrime
21st September 2012, 11:30 PM
I haven't heard of them being anywhere in Australia.

This very lucky forum member (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=318030&postcount=2402) seems to have struck gold then.