PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Flint

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th September 2012, 08:26 PM
I was checking through my Monsterbots and was wondering if anyone has had any success in making them flame again. While my Repugnus is fine, Grotusqu and Double(I forget his name) have lost their flame.

Just wanted to check before I try an crack em open to see how they tick.

Paul Agnew
7th September 2012, 10:27 PM
For a moment, I thought you were planning on giving Marissa a new daddy. :p

liegeprime
7th September 2012, 10:58 PM
My Doublecross has long lost it's spark, but Grotusque and Repugnus still has theirs. I haven't attempted to crack em open to fix it as I dunno how.

Looks a bit difficult though Tets, coz the plastic pieces seem to be joined with tabs inside as well as screws and some gluing together not just your standard unscrew and the pieces cracks in half. So be careful if you wanna have a crack at it.

1orion2many
8th September 2012, 12:19 AM
Might need to find a junker to tear apart;)

Tetsuwan Convoy
8th September 2012, 02:21 AM
My Doublecross has long lost it's spark, but Grotusque and Repugnus still has theirs. I haven't attempted to crack em open to fix it as I dunno how.

Looks a bit difficult though Tets, coz the plastic pieces seem to be joined with tabs inside as well as screws and some gluing together not just your standard unscrew and the pieces cracks in half. So be careful if you wanna have a crack at it.
Thought that might be the case.

Might need to find a junker to tear apart;)
I think I will go this way first as a proof of concept.

I dunno even how the flame effects work yet either, but I assume it's much like all the rest. Hmm, might have to find a cheap gun and rip that apart too.

Thanks for the inputs :D