PDA

View Full Version : Animated Legends & Universe Storm Cloud & Treadbolt

STL
26th June 2008, 12:30 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/viewtopic.php?t=41421

A repaint of Classics Skyfire. Given my healthy addiction to this toy, I look forward to it.

It does make an unusual homage to the G1 Micromaster though. As good as it looks, the molds are very different. Though you can see what they've tried to do by foilding the wings inwards to give it that rounder look. Don't care for the Micromaster character tbh. I just wished they'd be smarter and do homages to characters that mattered rather than Micromaster01 that no one even close to remembers. What about Brainstorm? Highbrow? Needlenose? etc.

Pulse
26th June 2008, 12:33 PM
From Micromaster to Voyager? Now that is a huge upgrade...

Robzy
26th June 2008, 01:12 PM
Pics of the new Animated Legends, Storm Cloud (Powerglide Repaint) and Treadbolt (Jetfire Repaint)...

right here... (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/universe-classics-20-29/first-images-of-universe-animated-legends--universe-storm-cloud-better-image-of-treadbolt-165230/)

:)

MV75
26th June 2008, 01:19 PM
Legends are getting better and better.
________
HARLEY-DAVIDSON WL (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Harley-Davidson_WL)

Paulbot
26th June 2008, 01:37 PM
I didn't think we'd get Animated Legends since there were the Activators. I agree these look like very good Legends figures.

Classics Treadbolt though is not a winner, especially when we've seen Jetfire makes such a great Leozack. (And could they pick a more obscure Micromaster?)

kup
26th June 2008, 02:14 PM
From Micromaster to Voyager? Now that is a huge upgrade...

What happened to energy conservation and the eventual subsequent development of Beast era Maximals and Predacons?

SilverDragon
26th June 2008, 07:37 PM
What happened to energy conservation and the eventual subsequent development of Beast era Maximals and Predacons?

Dubyabot became the Autobot commander.

dirge
26th June 2008, 10:13 PM
First Big Daddy & now Treadbolt! Yay for Kyde!

I'm all over this one (:

autobreadticon
26th June 2008, 10:14 PM
Neva heard of those repaints name or recognize the toy resemble to other toys...

Lord_Zed
26th June 2008, 11:41 PM
What's with those colours??? Don't tell me Universe 2.0 is really just a continuation of Universe???

Noooo!!!!!

I've got no Problem with them doing hommage to Micromasters. Big Daddy looked pretty cool even if his head was wrong. But this doesn't look anything like Treadbolt, And Stormcloud would have been better of as Tailwind so they could paint him blue.

Can't say I can be bothered buying at best average repaints of Voyager and Mega size TF's, Not even a big fan of the Jetfire mould it's to much of a mistmatch of jet bits for me.

I think these will be passes for me, If I'm after repaints I'd rather go with Acidstorm at least he's a little bit novel.

kup
27th June 2008, 12:22 AM
What's with those colours??? Don't tell me Universe 2.0 is really just a continuation of Universe???

Noooo!!!!!

I've got no Problem with them doing hommage to Micromasters. Big Daddy looked pretty cool even if his head was wrong. But this doesn't look anything like Treadbolt, And Stormcloud would have been better of as Tailwind so they could paint him blue.

Can't say I can be bothered buying at best average repaints of Voyager and Mega size TF's, Not even a big fan of the Jetfire mould it's to much of a mistmatch of jet bits for me.

I think these will be passes for me, If I'm after repaints I'd rather go with Acidstorm at least he's a little bit novel.

It's Hasbro what else can one expect?

I was expecting the first few in the line to be decent and after that for the Archer tradition to continue. Since the start of the Archer regime it seems normal for a line to start with a few decent-good toys and then its bombarded with mindless and totally unfocused repaints until the line dies bitterly.

I don't get Archer, he sacrifices the character tribute (colors) on the Hasbro release of Powerglide for the sake realism but shortly after he releases a repaint that looks even more unrealistic than red???

Damn Archer, when is he going to leave?

Pulse
27th June 2008, 12:25 AM
I can hear "My Little Pony" calling for some new guidance... ;)

Robzy
27th June 2008, 12:04 PM
I don't get Archer, he sacrifices the character tribute (colors) on the Hasbro release of Powerglide for the sake realism but shortly after he releases a repaint that looks even more unrealistic than red???100% spot on Kup!!!

STL
27th June 2008, 12:32 PM
100% spot on Kup!!!

What irks me though is no one ever seems to ask these questions at the conventions in the US. American cons seem to just be absolutely in awe of the toy designers/Hasbro at 'cons but then online whine on and on about it.

Robzy
27th June 2008, 12:38 PM
What irks me though is no one ever seems to ask these questions at the conventions in the US. American cons seem to just be absolutely in awe of the toy designers/Hasbro at 'cons but then online whine on and on about it.Lets invite Archer to the OZ Convention in 2009 and let him have it!!! :D

kup
27th June 2008, 01:25 PM
Lets invite Archer to the OZ Convention in 2009 and let him have it!!! :D

I am in favor of that *Gets the torches and pitchforks ready*

Zippo
27th June 2008, 07:07 PM
Love Jetfire, but those colours are a bit meh.