PDA

View Full Version : DC Batman Chess Set Collection at Newsagents

1AZRAEL1
8th September 2012, 01:48 PM
Saw an advert for it last night on tv, just picked up the first issue today, twice :o

http://www.eaglemoss.com/dc-chess/aus/index.asp

The book has info about Batman and his stories and such, as well as how to play chess.

I'd highly recommend subscribing to get the chess board as well. Here is a list of the pieces.

White
Batwoman
The Question
Red Robin
Batwing
Nightwing
Black Bat
Catwoman
Comm Gordon
Batman
Alfred
Robin
Azrael
Batgirl
Katana
Huntress
Black Canary

Black
Red Hood
Killer Croc
Ventriloquist
Two-Face
Black Mask
Riddler
Hush
Joker
Bane
Harley Quinn
Poison Ivy
Ra's Al Ghul
Scarecrow
Penguin
Mr Freeze
Man-Bat

Some you can find pictures of using Google image search, but they look pretty cool. I can see it will work out to be quite expensive in the end though, these things always are. $20 an issue, first one is cheaper as usual. I don't normally buy these magazine things, but the pieces alone look cool enough for me to buy a set, and a few doubles :p

1AZRAEL1
8th September 2012, 03:28 PM
Can a mod fix the title to Chess not Chees? :p

Sharky
8th September 2012, 03:52 PM
that is a ice looking set.. but all up it will cost around $660.00.......thats alot of batcoin

liegeprime
8th September 2012, 11:17 PM
yeah saw that the other day in my newsagent, tempted but then I set it down, Im still trying to complete a few of my "bugs". The only one I really ever completed in those newsagent things is my Brass Orrery. I got it complete and working but now it's just taking too much space to display, same with the bugs so I kinda have to have self control on that one.

KalEl
9th September 2012, 11:22 AM
I picked up the first piece, they seem to be hit or miss with the paint of what i have seen, and i find it hard to drop $20 a week for 32 weeks

Blink90210
9th September 2012, 03:14 PM
Very tempting, I'm gonna check it out the next time I'm at the newsagent. I agree it's a lot of (Bat)coin and a bit of a gamble with the paint but I can see it being a very nice little thing to look at.

5FDP
10th September 2012, 08:46 AM
...$20 a week for 32 weeks

:eek:

1AZRAEL1
10th September 2012, 09:51 AM
Does work out quite expensive, but i still want it lol

kup
11th September 2012, 12:19 PM
It is impressive and I would want it but not for the overall price they are asking.

KalEl
11th September 2012, 08:53 PM
It is impressive and I would want it but not for the overall price they are asking.

agreed

Autocon
11th September 2012, 11:49 PM
Have you checked on the back near the barcode? It should give price on NZ and Uk I think.

They always get it cheaper:rolleyes:

Autocon
11th September 2012, 11:53 PM
yeah saw that the other day in my newsagent, tempted but then I set it down, Im still trying to complete a few of my "bugs". The only one I really ever completed in those newsagent things is my Brass Orrery. I got it complete and working but now it's just taking too much space to display, same with the bugs so I kinda have to have self control on that one.

BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE THE ONES WITH GLOW IN THE DARK SPIDER AND SCORPION!!! Mother through out my spider:mad: Scorpion is not complete

Have a whole stack to sell.

Bought a stack of plane mags and other bits n pieces. But $20!!! usually $14, youd expect great paint application for that price