PDA

View Full Version : TFC Mighty Hercules -Stop Motion

Tober
11th September 2012, 01:16 PM
I'm not quite sure where to post 3rd party vids, but this deserves it's own thread anyway. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noMJXt7OdxE&feature=player_embedded

SharkyMcShark
11th September 2012, 03:37 PM
I'm saving long term to go the World Cup in Brazil in 2014 and in a moment of weakness yesterday almost shelled out $600 for the entire Hercules set.

This video has not helped me at all!

Deonasis
11th September 2012, 03:52 PM
I concur, tis a very sweet vid!

Trent
11th September 2012, 06:47 PM
That is great!:eek:

theheretic
11th September 2012, 07:39 PM
That was greamazitastic! So good I had to make up a new word.

Lord_Zed
11th September 2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah awesome vid, and the best advertising for the toys I've seen.

While I stand by my decision to get Giant over Hercules, it's clear the Hercules bots vehicle modes are more fun to play with.

gamblor916
11th September 2012, 07:49 PM
That was awesome animation :eek:

Paulbot
11th September 2012, 08:56 PM
This doesn't increase my interest in buying this toy, but it's a fantastic stop motion video. Really well done. Has a bit of a Bay-verse style feel to the transformations don't ya think?

liegeprime
12th September 2012, 12:20 AM
Wow, that's a great video. I like the transformation while flying in the air to form the gestlat effect. It's pretty well done!:D:D

kup
12th September 2012, 12:45 AM
Amazing stop motion there, possibly the best I have seen. The animation during transformation was excellent, very smooth as if the toy itself was moving by itself, the same goes for the poses at the end.

kup
12th September 2012, 12:46 AM
This doesn't increase my interest in buying this toy, but it's a fantastic stop motion video. Really well done. Has a bit of a Bay-verse style feel to the transformations don't ya think?

No I do not think it was anywhere Bay style. You can see the toy transform while Bayformers tend to 'morph' due to all the 'millions of parts' moving.

Tober
12th September 2012, 04:27 AM
Yeah awesome vid, and the best advertising for the toys I've seen.

While I stand by my decision to get Giant over Hercules, it's clear the Hercules bots vehicle modes are more fun to play with.

Yeah, I hadn't really considered the Devestator 3rd party stuff too seriously until I saw that vid. Aprox $500 is a lot to shell out tho... :(

The gestalt combining was very G1 to me, but I see where you're coming from as far as the bots raising themselves up during transformation as being Bay-verse.

5FDP
12th September 2012, 09:17 AM
That was amazing :cool:

Not having seen many pics / videos of this toy before, I'm kinda turned-off by the amount of kibble for the individual bot modes (not that I was ever going to shell-out $500 for one).

UltraMarginal
12th September 2012, 01:02 PM
Wow, that is a great stop motion video.

I can see where people get the Bay styling from the way the robots develop out of the vehicle mode.

I get a mix of G1 and Fall of Cybertron feeling when Devastator is combining, especially the arms attaching.

I really liked the touch when the lower torso finishes transforming after attaching to the legs. very nice touch.

chuttla
12th September 2012, 07:38 PM
um...WOW!!:D

Lord_Zed
12th September 2012, 08:20 PM
There is a bit of Bay, styling in the transformations. mostly because they don't completely disregard gravity, Say what you will about ROTF's contribution to the Transformers universe, but the really did add a sense of scale and weight to Devestator's transformation, I really enjoyed many of the transformations in the Bay films to be honest.

In the cartoon combiners have always been the worst offenders of the laws of physics, typically fused together by arcing energy in their own mysterious Voltronesque stasis field. Even in the animated movie when Devestator combines Hook defies the law of gravity and floats into place suspended by magical elf wire.

Hursticon
14th September 2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah, as with the resounding opinion of this thread - Friggin' awesome video indeed! :eek: