PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone here, from an Aussie TF fan.

Megatron
14th September 2012, 09:15 PM
Hi everyone!

My name's Crystine (but please call me by my username if you like) and I started my adventures in the TF community via the official movie boards back in 2007. They're all but a ghost town now, and other TF fan forums I was a member of also seemed to have greatly reduced their active members/posts.

I'm also on DA but have yet to share my art work. And I hate FB, which is where everyone seems to have gone these days.

So... I've been feeling lonely lately... disconnected from the fandom. I guess that's the main reason why I'm here. I don't want to feel that way, and this place looks as strong as when I first came across it, about 5 years ago. I did not join at the time, though.

Anyway, long story short, a lot has changed for me in the way that I regard all things TFs. A lot. Which is another reason why I finally decided to join; I want to start afresh in the fandom, in a sense.

I won't be boring you with the details. I just wanted to introduce myself by explaining what has impacted me most as a TF fan. Please feel free to ask me any questions about me that you would like to know, and I will try to answer as best I can.

I hope to stay for the long haul, and make some new friends while I'm at it.

Oh and, I have a growing TF toy (and artifact) collection that I am quite happy with. I spend a fair bit of time on eBay...

Also, I love to create fan fiction/art, and RP via online forum.

liegeprime
14th September 2012, 09:24 PM
Mabuhay and

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/DSC02117.jpg

to Ozformers!!

Yes this forum indeed is still very much active with or without any movies shown :D. We somehow manage to come up with interesting/trivial topics to discuss or rant about, and there's always room for more:). We here love seeing each members collections as well. So if get the time to post links, pics of your collection and those DA artworks please do. Just make one at the Grapple's Creative Section. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Hmm Megs your fave character, I guess?

theheretic
14th September 2012, 09:33 PM
Welcome. Hope you find the forum an enjoyable place to share your passion for Transformers with us.

Trent
14th September 2012, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the boards. As stated above we find many things to go on about. Some relevant, some not so.

Look forward to your contributions.

(I really must make up one of those welcome thingys like Liege and Gok.)

deadonarrival
15th September 2012, 12:00 AM
Hello and welcome!

KalEl
15th September 2012, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the boards !!!
What is your favourite series and favourite toy?
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/44583114.jpg

1orion2many
15th September 2012, 12:32 AM
:)Welcome to the board:)

GoktimusPrime
15th September 2012, 09:05 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_wreckandrule.jpg

The_Damned
15th September 2012, 12:33 PM
hey

Megatron
15th September 2012, 04:14 PM
Mabuhay and

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/DSC02117.jpg

to Ozformers!!

Yes this forum indeed is still very much active with or without any movies shown :D. We somehow manage to come up with interesting/trivial topics to discuss or rant about, and there's always room for more:). We here love seeing each members collections as well. So if get the time to post links, pics of your collection and those DA artworks please do. Just make one at the Grapple's Creative Section. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Hmm Megs your fave character, I guess?

Hi there and thanks for the awesome Welcome and pic!

Oh I could talk about Transformers all day - both the good and the bad of it! And I love seeing other members' toy collections as well! Especially now that I've started collecting on a more serious level, I know a little bit more about them, though I still consider myself a noob and my knowledge about TFs in general is not as comprehensive as some fans that I've met.

A full time job right now does make it hard for me to spend much time indulging in my fan art hobby but I was thinking of starting up a photo comic of sorts to begin with... I'll see how I go. Also, I don't really have pics of my toy collection yet... since I am mostly a MISB collector and all the good stuff gets packed away... though I do like to also collect duplicate loose toys so I don't miss out on the fun! At the moment however I only have a handful of loose toys. I'd love to share pics though so I'll see how I go.

Megatron is most definitely my favorite. However, my other equal favorites include Starscream, Shockwave, Soundwave, and Jazz!!!

Welcome. Hope you find the forum an enjoyable place to share your passion for Transformers with us.

Thanks! I would like that very much.

Welcome to the boards. As stated above we find many things to go on about. Some relevant, some not so.

Look forward to your contributions.

(I really must make up one of those welcome thingys like Liege and Gok.)

Thank you, and I agree. It's an awesome pic!

Hello and welcome!

Hello and thanks!!

Welcome to the boards !!!
What is your favourite series and favourite toy?
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/44583114.jpg

Thanks! Favorite series? Well I was first introduced to TFs with the Cybertron series but it wasn't until I discovered G1 in all its flaws and beauty that I was hooked, and I think it will always be my favorite series. I didn't care at all for Animated when it first came out mainly due to the animation style and also I found the characterizations a little too immature. I like Prime a lot more... I absolutely hated the movieverse when it first came out for many different reasons but after DotM I'm more tolerant and have started even collecting the movieverse toys.

Favorite toy? Have a few (such as my vintage G1 Megatrons), but at the moment it has got to be the ones I recently procured - a Shattered Glass Megatron and a Shattered Glass Soundwave!!! :D :cool:

:)Welcome to the board:)

Thanking you!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_wreckandrule.jpg

Another awesome welcome pic!

hey

Hey there!

Sam
15th September 2012, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the forum, please feel free to share photos of your collection and/or your dA stuff. :)

liegeprime
15th September 2012, 06:28 PM
Mostly decepticons as fave, I see. I don't blame you, the bad guys usually are cooler and welltought of in characterization, otherwise the good guys will be just boring as. There's lots of misb collectors here too, although like you I think keep a handful loose for funplay :-) . Glad you liked the welcome pic, I try to update or revolve my welcome pics so it's not a bore.
If you ever do start a photocomic or hand drawn here that is most welcome and awesome. We haven't had any aside from links to mosaics. :D

Megatron
15th September 2012, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the forum, please feel free to share photos of your collection and/or your dA stuff. :)

Thank you and I will upload pics of what I have soon, and keep it updated as I get more! Stay tuned.. :)

Mostly decepticons as fave, I see. I don't blame you, the bad guys usually are cooler and welltought of in characterization, otherwise the good guys will be just boring as. There's lots of misb collectors here too, although like you I think keep a handful loose for funplay :-) . Glad you liked the welcome pic, I try to update or revolve my welcome pics so it's not a bore.
If you ever do start a photocomic or hand drawn here that is most welcome and awesome. We haven't had any aside from links to mosaics. :D

Ah but you see I don't like them *because* they are the bad guys. In fact, I love to write them as the good guys.. Hence why I love the Shattered Glass universe the most! And it's actually canon/official so that for me makes it all the more awesome. That's not to say I don't like those characters in the other "normal" continuities, I do! But not because they are evil, or generally considered as evil. In other words, I'm not an Autobot or a Decepticon, my heart is just with those characters. Ok, I hope I haven't confused anyone!

Yay, I will definitely start planning for some comics then!

Tetsuwan Convoy
16th September 2012, 12:19 PM
... and this place looks as strong as when I first came across it, about 5 years ago.
A bit of testament there to how much we love Tfs really. That's pretty cool!:D

Ah but you see I don't like them *because* they are the bad guys. In fact, I love to write them as the good guys.. Hence why I love the Shattered Glass universe the most! And it's actually canon/official so that for me makes it all the more awesome. That's not to say I don't like those characters in the other "normal" continuities, I do! But not because they are evil, or generally considered as evil. In other words, I'm not an Autobot or a Decepticon, my heart is just with those characters. Ok, I hope I haven't confused anyone!

The thing about any (decent) bad guy, as long as they have conviction, they would see themselves as the good guy.

G1 Prime and Megs both want peace in the universe, they are just going about it in different ways.

Love it! and welcome to the boards

Megatron
17th September 2012, 10:42 AM
The thing about any (decent) bad guy, as long as they have conviction, they would see themselves as the good guy.

True, however that is usually a delusion on their part or they wouldn't be generally considered "bad" lol.

I like to take it further with my mentioned favorite TFs characters, especially in my own fan fic universe, and give them a solid justification for why they do what they do, and that perhaps in fact they have been misjudged/misinterpreted (of course much of canon goes against this anyway). Sometimes, though not often, canon will support it, though. For example, there's some hints in the TPB comic "Chaos Theory" a well as in "Megatron: Origin" that mentions how/why the wars began, and uncovers corruption within the Autobot Council. And of course there's no question in SG universe that they are "good."

I know that my interpretation can be a little challenging to some people but it does take all kinds of TFs fans to create the whole, doesn't it... :o

G1 Prime and Megs both want peace in the universe, they are just going about it in different ways.

Love it! and welcome to the boards

Yes. There's so much to be said about those two... too much to cover in my intro thread here... a philosophical discourse for another time, perhaps!

Thank you very much for the welcome!

liegeprime
17th September 2012, 11:32 AM
It's only now anyways that Megsies indepth characterizations get explored , which is a good thing , it makes a 1 dimensional character into something much much more. Coz if you look at the early G1s, megatron is just a loon megalomanic leader of the bad guys, period...

G1 Cartoon - as above and famous line "retreaaaat"
G1 comics - angry and petulant,scheming but yeah , always angry, evil angry
.....then he progressed to Galvatron - which didn't help coz he was more evil, loony, angry and just plain batshit crazy hahahahah

good thing in this new G1 IDWverse he and Galvy are two different entities altogether :)

Megatron
17th September 2012, 12:02 PM
It's only now anyways that Megsies indepth characterizations get explored , which is a good thing , it makes a 1 dimensional character into something much much more. Coz if you look at the early G1s, megatron is just a loon megalomanic leader of the bad guys, period...

G1 Cartoon - as above and famous line "retreaaaat"
G1 comics - angry and petulant,scheming but yeah , always angry, evil angry
.....then he progressed to Galvatron - which didn't help coz he was more evil, loony, angry and just plain batshit crazy hahahahah

good thing in this new G1 IDWverse he and Galvy are two different entities altogether :)

Yep, but I still loves him (G1 toon version mainly cuz I don't have any early G1 comics). :)

Haha I hate Galvatron... I'm so very happy to see him as a separate character!

5FDP
21st September 2012, 02:14 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6158/drunkprime.jpg

Megatron
21st September 2012, 02:23 PM
lol. They all look so happy in that pic, like they don't have a care in the world... :p

Nice to meet you 5FDP!!

Autocon
22nd September 2012, 12:54 AM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6158/drunkprime.jpg

This reminds me off

THIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doDPP3h1dE

Megatron
25th September 2012, 02:48 PM
This reminds me off

THIS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doDPP3h1dE

haha, thanks I needed that. :D

Hursticon
24th November 2012, 11:17 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D

Glad that you've decided to join us. :cool:

Some questions for your consideration good sir! :p
Who is your favourite character & figure?, also which side do your prefer: Autobot or Decepticon/Maximal or Predacon? :cool:

Megatron
25th November 2012, 12:29 AM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D

Glad that you've decided to join us. :cool:

Some questions for your consideration good sir! :p
Who is your favourite character & figure?, also which side do your prefer: Autobot or Decepticon/Maximal or Predacon? :cool:

Thanks! Yup, finally decided to join.

Favorite characters (no particular order):
Megatron
Starscream
Soundwave
Shockwave
Jazz

Favorite figure? Hmm, that I currently own, let's see... Well, it would have to be my BotCon 2008 Shattered Glass Megatron. Just because he is simply all kinds of awesome, and also photographs really well. Yup. :)

But I also have other figures I love both loose and MISB, such as a masterpiece... leader Animated Megs, classics Megs, G1 colored movie Jazz, Cybertron Supreme Starscream, FoC Jazz, Foc Shockwave, DotM Megs... plenty of others and still more to come.

I don't really prefer a side as such (Autobot/Decepticon only considered - hate BW sorry) but you could say that I am more of a Decepticon simply because that is the side that most of my favorite characters are on (minus Jazz). So I guess that would technically make me 80% Decepticon, and 20% Autobot. :)

Hope that answers your questions. Thanks for asking!

trevorlucks
25th November 2012, 10:47 AM
welcome aboard, and i thought i was the only one who didn't want to go on facebook :)
look forward to seeing your art.

Megatron
26th November 2012, 09:13 AM
welcome aboard, and i thought i was the only one who didn't want to go on facebook :)
look forward to seeing your art.

Oh, yep. My main hangouts at the moment are here and dA. I've also got an RPG forum but there's not enough players to start yet. :(

I really do want to get back into proper fan art (such as hand drawn stuff, etc.) but time won't allow, so I've been concentrating on some photo comics instead, which doesn't take me as long.

Thanks for the welcome!