PDA

View Full Version : Hey there, new to the boards.

piratescratch
27th June 2008, 02:41 PM
Hey fellow Transformer fans, piratescratch here.

Think I should make a quick introduction post.

So I'm Michael, university student, residing in Box Hill (well Mont Albert North if you must be picky) in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria.

Transformers history, umm well yeah I loved them back in my early years of primary school, favourite childhood toy along with Lego and G.I. Joes (what else do boys need am I right?). Only recently got back into the swing of things with the new Animated line (picked myself up a voyager Bulkhead which I adore and a deluxe Bumblebee and Ratched), also looking forward to Universe/Classics 2.0. So yeah not quite as big a fan as most of you guys here, still picking up the whole Transformer lingo/terms.

Besides Transformers, other toys I enjoy include Lego (which also I just recently got back into, at the moment it's City sets for me though the upcoming Castle sets look mighty fine. Also a collector Kubricks and Be@rbricks, mostly 100% scales though I do have 2 400% scale ones. And as an anime/manga fan I always have my eye out for cool figurines (articulation over boring statues haha).

Interests include anime/manga, (Western) comics, Asian cinema and video gaming.

Guess that's about it, looking forward to getting to know the rest of your peeps.

1orion2many
27th June 2008, 02:49 PM
:)Welcome to the board scratchy pirate:D

Robzy
27th June 2008, 02:55 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/sunglikeahorse/KupEnergonGoody.jpg
Welcome :)

iceburn
27th June 2008, 03:00 PM
oh no..here comes the wicked energon "KitKat" bars

welcome to the "club" piratescratch!
coming along to the Midnight Meetup since exams are over and being a uni student, plenty of time...

Borgeman
27th June 2008, 03:32 PM
hey man, welcome

may i ask wat uni you go to? i go to latrobe bundoora....

George

Pulse
27th June 2008, 03:40 PM
Hey there :)

Hope you have an entertaining stay in the asylum :p

Paulbot
27th June 2008, 03:43 PM
Welcome

Vector Sigma 13
27th June 2008, 04:04 PM
Gday

piratescratch
27th June 2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

oh no..here comes the wicked energon "KitKat" bars

welcome to the "club" piratescratch!
coming along to the Midnight Meetup since exams are over and being a uni student, plenty of time...

Midnight Meetup sounds tempting. :)

hey man, welcome

may i ask wat uni you go to? i go to latrobe bundoora....

George

RMIT City campus.

jaydisc
27th June 2008, 04:49 PM
I loved them back in my early years of primary school, favourite childhood toy along with Lego and G.I. Joes (what else do boys need am I right?).

100%

Welcome to the club. Nice to have yet another Melbournian to join the ranks. Looking forward to meeting you in person should you join us one day (we do hang out a fair bit down here).

Sam
27th June 2008, 06:08 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

LEGO is indeed very cool. :D

GoktimusPrime
27th June 2008, 06:55 PM
So do you collect Transformers Be@rbricks?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb3.jpg

liegeprime
27th June 2008, 07:02 PM
Mabuhay and Welcome to the board! Post your collections in the Grapple's thread please :). Remember no collection is either too small or too big, it how much it is loved that counts!

Theres also a lego thread and other toystuff thread in the Unicron's non TF stuff section. Enjoy your stay!

STL
27th June 2008, 08:12 PM
Hey there and welcome! I'm at uni too atm though in my final year. :( I'd love to lay claim to the title of regular board nutcase but that belongs to someone else. :D Hope to meet u at the next meet! :) We have a lovely community down here.

k.wong23
27th June 2008, 10:15 PM
Welcome mate, yay another uni student, its tough balancing uni life and transformers isn't it hey? :P

Adzma
27th June 2008, 11:13 PM
Howdy! Hope you have fun here. Always good to see people from Melbourne. :)

Golden Phoenix
28th June 2008, 12:07 AM
Hey man. I'm like round the corner in North Balwyn.
You into any of the Bionicle or Mars sets? I got a bit of a collection my self.
What you studying at RMIT?

STL
28th June 2008, 01:00 AM
Oh, I just noticed. You like TFM Ratchet over Ironhide. We'll try not to hold that against u. :D

Scattershot
28th June 2008, 08:32 AM
Welcome aboard!

GoktimusPrime
28th June 2008, 11:25 AM
so being in Box Hill, do you ever frequent Animezone for TFs (as expensive as they may be)?

piratescratch
28th June 2008, 12:03 PM
Hey man. I'm like round the corner in North Balwyn.
You into any of the Bionicle or Mars sets? I got a bit of a collection my self.
What you studying at RMIT?

I'm a Lego City set person myself but I just usually pick up whatever sets interest me which include Star Wars and one of the more recent Indiana Jones sets.

Studying Information and Knowledge Management at RMIT.

so being in Box Hill, do you ever frequent Animezone for TFs (as expensive as they may be)?

Sure I drop by Animezone time to time but not being a fan of G1 (I love articulation, it's a must when it comes to figurine purchases for me) which is what he only really stocks I don't buy anything there.

Bartrim
28th June 2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome to Ozformers:)

Tiby
29th June 2008, 07:32 PM
Welcome aboard!

roller
29th June 2008, 07:56 PM
Welcome aboard

we of the Ozformers hope that your stay with us is as relaxing as possible.

Rowing is good for the kidneys, violin is good for the liver

Im Roller, the most important person ever on this site. Now im not one to blow my own horn but you'll find that my cooking is far superiror to that of all the celebrity tv chefs put together.

Waldorf pudding for all!!!

A beastwars boy eh? Lots o' articulation thar