PDA

View Full Version : Megatron-SG1's Want List

Megatron
18th September 2012, 12:27 PM
I thought I'd start my own thread in this section because I'm always looking out for TF toys and other collectables at good prices (incl. P&H).

Here is what I am mostly on the look out for right now:

(Art Asylum) Megatron Wall Statue, MISB/MIB
2007 Movie Legends Starscream, MOSC.
Leader Megatron RotF, MISB
Leader 2007 movie Megatron, MISB
Leader 2007 movie Starscream, MISB
DotM Voyager Shockwave, MISB
Leader & Voyager Ani Megatron, MISB
Voyager Ani Starscream, MISB
Cybertron/Galaxy Force Leader Megatron, MISB
WST Jazz, Starscream, Soundwave
Alternity Megatron - Blue, silver and red
Hard Hero busts Jazz, Shockwave, MISB/MIB
TF Universe Deluxe Class SE-02 Megatron, MISB
TF Chronicle Movie & G1 CH-02 Megatron, MISB
Shockwave G1 MISB
Jazz G1 MISB
Soundwave G1 MISB
Starscream G1 MISB
Megatron G1 vintage scope and/or end stock part accessories. Also junkers.
MP Starscream Coronation
MP Upgrade kits (Starscream, Megatron)
Jazz G1 Reissue
Super GT Megatron
Hegemon not-Megatron
Revoltech Starscream
Hasbro MP Soundwave

Megatron Bobble Head, MISB.
2009 1oz silver Megatroin coin ($1 Tuvalu), MISB with all original packaging and COA. $90 incl. P&H.
2007 Movie Legends Megatron, MOSC.
Kre-O Megatron in MISB sealed box for half the RRP. Box must be perfect/near perfect.
Kre-O Starscream. As above.
Megatron G1 MISB*
MP-13 Soundwave
TF United Darkside OP & Megatron, MISB
WST Megatron
Palisades statue 6" Starscream
Palisades statue 6" Shockwave
EZ Collection 02 Megatron Metallic (box and instructions Thanks to 1AZRAEL1 and Aqua Prime
FoC Soundwave, MISB
MP Starscream (green)
FanToys Quake Wave
SG Soundwave & Soundblaster 2012*

*Holy Grails

Of course I am willing to buy most anything Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave or Jazz, if the price is good and items are complete. If you have anything you want to sell, please PM me with details and I will definitely consider it. Some things I may already have, though (such as some movie Voyager class toys).

I will update this thread periodically as my Want List changes.

Bartrim
18th September 2012, 12:39 PM
Do you want a Transformers Animated Jazz Mosc? I have a spare I received as a Xmas present from my sister.

Megatron
18th September 2012, 12:49 PM
Do you want a Transformers Animated Jazz Mosc? I have a spare I received as a Xmas present from my sister.

Oh yes.. I don't have one of those yet. :)

I will PM you to discuss details.

UltraMarginal
18th September 2012, 12:50 PM
Check my sales thread for a Kreo Megs.

Megatron
18th September 2012, 01:00 PM
Check my sales thread for a Kreo Megs.

Hmm.. what's p&h going to be to 3840 please? I will get back to you on that one...

One thing I want to make a general note of as well - packaging needs to be relatively crush proof, especially for boxed items. I've had a few MISB items ruined already because the seller didn't bother putting them inside a sturdy box... :rolleyes:

UltraMarginal
19th September 2012, 09:25 AM
Hmm.. what's p&h going to be to 3840 please? I will get back to you on that one...

One thing I want to make a general note of as well - packaging needs to be relatively crush proof, especially for boxed items. I've had a few MISB items ruined already because the seller didn't bother putting them inside a sturdy box... :rolleyes:

I didn't get a chance last night, but I'll have time tonight, apologies.
I only ever send in a sturdy box, with good packaging. so nothing to worry about there. :cool:

Megatron
19th September 2012, 09:33 AM
I didn't get a chance last night, but I'll have time tonight, apologies.
I only ever send in a sturdy box, with good packaging. so nothing to worry about there. :cool:

That's great, thank you.
I'm guessing the box is in perfect (or near p) condition with no visible flaws? I could only see the back of the box in your pic so just want to make sure.

There's no hurry at all btw, take as much time as you need. :)

UltraMarginal
19th September 2012, 09:53 PM

Postage for Kreo Megatron will be $19.30 (regular Parcel Post) (2198 to3840) which includes the box (BX4). and there is an option of $3.10 on top for registered if you want that. I'm also updating my sales page tonight with some other stuff.

Megatron
20th September 2012, 09:44 AM
Postage for Kreo Megatron will be $19.30 (regular Parcel Post) (2198 to3840) which includes the box (BX4). and there is an option of $3.10 on top for registered if you want that. I'm also updating my sales page tonight with some other stuff.

Thanks. Hm.. I didn't think the postage would be so much. It goes over the budget I have for this item ($50 max). Also I think you missed my last post? I had a qs about the box condition.

UltraMarginal
20th September 2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks. Hm.. I didn't think the postage would be so much. It goes over the budget I have for this item ($50 max). Also I think you missed my last post? I had a qs about the box condition.

Sorry, I meant to tell you, I've put another picture in my sales thread. both boxes are pretty much identical in excellent condition.
I was a bit surprised by postage too, unfortunately it's a big box and it's pretty heavy. I can do it with postage included for $50 if you like.

Megatron
20th September 2012, 10:39 AM
Sorry, I meant to tell you, I've put another picture in my sales thread. both boxes are pretty much identical in excellent condition.
I was a bit surprised by postage too, unfortunately it's a big box and it's pretty heavy. I can do it with postage included for $50 if you like.

Oh I see the links now, thanks. Yep very nice. Well if you're really ok with $50 then it's sold. I won't buy unless seller is happy also!

Edit: PMed, thanks!

Autocon
20th September 2012, 11:39 PM
xbox 360 slim games? I have 360 FOC game for $45 with unused codes

Megatron
21st September 2012, 01:16 PM
xbox 360 slim games? I have 360 FOC game for $45 with unused codes

Can't get it right now as I have already overspent on this week's toy budget :D If you still have it in near future I may be interested. Is it the Limited Edition with Brusticus skin? New & Sealed? Sorry if dumb qs as well but what are unused codes? I've not played with my new xbox yet as I'm waiting for a vga cable to connect it to my monitor.

Autocon
21st September 2012, 02:21 PM
Can't get it right now as I have already overspent on this week's toy budget :D If you still have it in near future I may be interested. Is it the Limited Edition with Brusticus skin? New & Sealed? Sorry if dumb qs as well but what are unused codes? I've not played with my new xbox yet as I'm waiting for a vga cable to connect it to my monitor.

The unused codes are used to collect the bruticus skin from xbox live store. I dont have internet with xbox so couldnt use them. Not sealed I have played it. Finished the game and looking to move it on now.:D

Megatron
26th November 2012, 06:30 PM
This will be a long shot... but if ANYONE (or anyone you know) has a MISB G1 Megatron that they would be willing to sell I would be VERY interested. I am willing to pay top dollar for it. It just has to be sealed, and box still in very good to excellent condition. Also, preferably not AFA graded in clear casing. No reissues; I am looking for the original. Just name your price, and I will let you know if it is doable.

KalEl
27th November 2012, 11:08 AM
check my sales as i have a few leaders on there

Megatron
27th November 2012, 11:44 AM
check my sales as i have a few leaders on there

Hi :)

I only see a loose RotF Megatron that I might be interested in, but I would like to first get him MISB if I can. Also at the moment my priority is on trying to get an original MISB G1 Megatron.

KalEl
27th November 2012, 04:41 PM
Hi :)

I only see a loose RotF Megatron that I might be interested in, but I would like to first get him MISB if I can. Also at the moment my priority is on trying to get an original MISB G1 Megatron.

ill do him for 100 posted for you

Bidoofdude
27th November 2012, 05:42 PM
You're going to be waiting a looong time for that Shockwave, unless you pay heaps for an AFA graded one.

Megatron
27th November 2012, 06:25 PM
ill do him for 100 posted for you

Thanks for the offer! But I have a few other things I need to get first. I will keep an eye on your sales thread Kal-El, and if I see anything else I want I can get them together as a lot.

You're going to be waiting a looong time for that Shockwave, unless you pay heaps for an AFA graded one.

Do you know of one? I've seen a pre Transformers Shockwave MIB which I may get... I've seen an AFA pre-rub G1 Jazz MISB that's graded at 75 which I may get also, but no G1 MISB Megs :( There was one available a few weeks ago but I missed out, and another only a few days ago but the seller reconsidered, so not happy about that. Am keeping a strong lookout atm for him.

UPDATE!!! Seller I mentioned has contacted me and has accepted my offer!!! I'm hopefully very soon going to be the owner of a genuine MISB G1 Megatron!!!... :eek: :) :) :) :) :) Once it's all gone through I will post this news in the relevant thread, but until then I remain tentatively optimistic!

Bidoofdude
28th November 2012, 09:51 PM
An actual TF Shockwave MIB is nearly impossible to find, besides the $1000 AFA graded ones. I am very anxious to get a G1 Shockwave, boxed or not! I feel your struggle. But I guess it's the thrill of the hunt.
Anyway, nice about the MISB Megatron!

Megatron
28th November 2012, 10:03 PM
An actual TF Shockwave MIB is nearly impossible to find, besides the $1000 AFA graded ones. I am very anxious to get a G1 Shockwave, boxed or not! I feel your struggle. But I guess it's the thrill of the hunt.
Anyway, nice about the MISB Megatron!

lol. I just want to kill my prey already. :D

If you want a loose original Shockwave they do come up often enough on eBay and other sites. If you want, let me know what you're looking to spend on one (via PM if you like) and I'll be happy to keep an eye out for you whilst I'm searching for other stuff. I do love to help out fellow board members and TF fans when I can. ;)

I know there is a MISB Shockwave (pre-Transformers, which would be even rarer) available right now for under $1000, graded AFA 70, so thinking about it.

Yeah, I'm thrilled about the MISB G1 Megs, you've no idea... :D He is so freakin' rare it's unbelievable.

Bidoofdude
1st December 2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah, good old megs. Hope it doesn't get burned though, although it should be fine.
Yeah, I have been keeping my eye on Shockwave all over eBay. I don't care if it's even loose! He's like my ultimate grail and I hope you find an MISB one soon.
It's a shame, because if you look on eBay USA, there's heaps for really low prices. If I don't find a decent one in a while, I might have to think about thinking about considering a KO.
Sigh, thrill of the hunt, I guess.
Good on ya too.

Megatron
2nd December 2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah, good old megs. Hope it doesn't get burned though, although it should be fine.
Yeah, I have been keeping my eye on Shockwave all over eBay. I don't care if it's even loose! He's like my ultimate grail and I hope you find an MISB one soon.
It's a shame, because if you look on eBay USA, there's heaps for really low prices. If I don't find a decent one in a while, I might have to think about thinking about considering a KO.
Sigh, thrill of the hunt, I guess.
Good on ya too.

You wouldn't buy one from the US then?

Bidoofdude
2nd December 2012, 03:37 PM
They won't ship here. That's what sucks.

Megatron
11th December 2012, 09:28 AM
Update: "He" arrived at my door this morning, safe and sound! :eek::):):):):cool:

Will post links to pics a bit later...

:):):):):):):)

Ploughmans Lunch
11th December 2012, 10:02 AM
They won't ship here. That's what sucks.

Do you know anyone in the states that you trust? Someone who might be able to forward it on? I do that sometimes with ebay auctions, other times I just send them a message, if you have good feedback (especially with other overseas transactions) and talk like an adult they can be convinced to ship overseas. Australia is far but the advent of lost items is pretty low (from experience) from the US.

Just saying!!!

Bidoofdude
11th December 2012, 12:21 PM
Is he pure bodaciousness? I want to see that bad boy.

KalEl
11th December 2012, 03:27 PM
Still have that rotf megs available if you want him :P

Ploughmans Lunch
11th December 2012, 04:01 PM
Possibly interested in a loose (untransformed) Chronicle DOTM Megatron?

Megatron
11th December 2012, 04:53 PM
Is he pure bodaciousness? I want to see that bad boy.

:D I should be able to post some pics of him on the weekend.

Btw, you're gonna hate me :D... I got something else recently that I think you would appreciate. It's still to arrive, but if all goes well I'll post pics of it when it does.

Still have that rotf megs available if you want him :P

Possibly interested in a loose (untransformed) Chronicle DOTM Megatron?

All so very tempting, thanks for the offers! But I really need these to be MISB. I may consider loose ones too, but it's at a go slow because of other higher priority items on my want list.

Bidoofdude
11th December 2012, 05:43 PM
It's Shockwave.
I'm still trying to find one.
Either that or Encore Omega Supreme.
Btw, is Megs really good. I actually might get me an Encore Megatron.
Do you have the eHobby encore Megs, because you can get him MISB on robot kingdom for $90. (or was it tfsource).

Or, MP Soundwave.

Ploughmans Lunch
11th December 2012, 07:37 PM
Might want to be careful ordering MISB Encore/eHobby Megatrons. I ordered an Encore Megs and it was sent untransformed and customs snapped it up and now I'm sure it's in some landfill somewhere.

Be careful.

Megatron
11th December 2012, 07:53 PM
It's Shockwave.
I'm still trying to find one.
Either that or Encore Omega Supreme.
Btw, is Megs really good. I actually might get me an Encore Megatron.
Do you have the eHobby encore Megs, because you can get him MISB on robot kingdom for $90. (or was it tfsource).

Or, MP Soundwave.

First guess is correct (it's an Astro Magnum) :D

Oh! I also pre-ordered my MP-13 Soundwave today as well. :D

No, I don't have an eHobby Megs YET. I want to eventually get all the reissues as well. I've seen eHobby Megs show up fairly regularly on eBay, for about the $100-$120 mark. I have two loose original G1 Megatrons and as far as playability is concerned, they are a little delicate. Still fun. I don't know whether the reissues are any better in this regard, though.

Might want to be careful ordering MISB Encore/eHobby Megatrons. I ordered an Encore Megs and it was sent untransformed and customs snapped it up and now I'm sure it's in some landfill somewhere.

Be careful.

Oh wow, that sucks!!!! :mad:

Bidoofdude
11th December 2012, 08:59 PM
Pretty good my friend. How much? (Astro)

Bidoofdude
11th December 2012, 09:01 PM
Maybe tell a seller to write a note saying: Collector's item- do not confuse with Masterpiece Megatron or something.
Anyway, congrats on Magnum. I'm lookign for just Shockwave and I think I'll be waiting a while. I'll probably get a loose complete. Any good Shocky sightings anyone?
I'm trying to get as many encores as I can and I'll probably get the minibots or 19 cassettes next.

Ploughmans Lunch
11th December 2012, 09:37 PM
Airports/customs/some post offices have little shape-detection things, so when it basically scans an undersized P-38, it knows that it's an illegal thing or whatever. It's a blanket ban on megs I'm afraid, which is why Im getting the Chronicle 2pack, getting someone to disassemble megs, and then ship him over.

Might work.

Megatron
11th December 2012, 09:44 PM
I got a complete, MIB Astro Magnum for around $50. I am constantly keeping an eye out for more Shockwaves. ;)

Bidoofdude
11th December 2012, 09:46 PM
Wow, that is really good. I'm still looking and I fear I will be for some time.

Bidoofdude
11th December 2012, 09:46 PM
Airports/customs/some post offices have little shape-detection things, so when it basically scans an undersized P-38, it knows that it's an illegal thing or whatever. It's a blanket ban on megs I'm afraid, which is why Im getting the Chronicle 2pack, getting someone to disassemble megs, and then ship him over.

Might work.

Isn't that kind of illegal?

Ploughmans Lunch
13th December 2012, 01:20 PM
Isn't that kind of illegal?

Nowhere near as illegal as the 20kg of heroin I'm getting smuggled in.

Megatron
13th December 2012, 01:43 PM
Nowhere near as illegal as the 20kg of heroin I'm getting smuggled in.

LOL

Nice one. :D

Bidoofdude
13th December 2012, 05:14 PM
That was pretty funny.

Megatron
18th December 2012, 12:44 PM
I thought I'd move this conversation over here to avoid derailing the Happy thread...

I bet he will look just as awesome in box, as most G1 toys do. I imagine the box is in alright condition, for him to be kept MISB. I've really been trying to knuckle down on Shockwave, but I'm just not finding any.
Honestly, I think a chingmung KO is the best for me, as I do excessive play often.

The box is in pretty good condition actually. It only has a few minor flaws and if it weren't for a few tell tale signs, such as yellowing sticky tape on either side, it looks as if I could have bought him only yesterday from the store, if we're going by the condition of the box. So I am extremely happy with it. :)

What's a chingmung?

As far as an original G1 Shockwave goes, he is extremely hard to find MISB/MIB but I will keep looking until I find one. So yeah, you're not alone there! I've seen quite a few original loose Shockwaves though, which I would also consider getting, that are between $100 to $200 on eBay. In the meantime, I would definitely consider getting a reissue as well... BUT, as tempting as it may be, I won't go anywhere near a KO because I don't want to encourage those rip off merchants, nor would a KO add any value whatsoever to my collection. It just wouldn't feel right, you know? I would rather wait until a genuine reissue became available to buy and pay that little bit extra for the real deal.

Bidoofdude
18th December 2012, 01:08 PM
It's too bad they don't have the rights for Shockwave. :(
A chingmung KO is a high quality KO that you can get quite reasonably priced. They are quite good for getting things such as the Rainmaker Classics Seekers, although they have G1 KOs too, only they are really good quality and are not uber-expensive.

Megatron
18th December 2012, 01:16 PM
It's too bad they don't have the rights for Shockwave. :(
A chingmung KO is a high quality KO that you can get quite reasonably priced. They are quite good for getting things such as the Rainmaker Classics Seekers, although they have G1 KOs too, only they are really good quality and are not uber-expensive.

Ah... ok. Are they illegal though (pirated copies)? Because I don't mind 3rd party stuff as long as it's legit.

Bidoofdude
18th December 2012, 04:35 PM
No, they are quite illegal. Many just use them to get variants not made by Hastak.

Megatron
19th December 2012, 05:43 PM
I've been thinking... if no legit reissues have been made of G1 Shockwave, getting a KO would be justified in this case.

Oh by the way, I got my vintage Astro Magnum today. :D:D:D He is the Taiwanese/Italian release [HK] Electron Robot (KO/variant?). Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know too much about this. Pics forthcoming...

Bidoofdude
19th December 2012, 07:44 PM
Red eye and bits and coloured dark grey?
I guess the only good things about the Ko are the affordability, quality and box. I love opening a new box, but I'll try my best to get a legit one.

Megatron
19th December 2012, 08:02 PM
Red eye and bits and coloured dark grey?
I guess the only good things about the Ko are the affordability, quality and box. I love opening a new box, but I'll try my best to get a legit one.

Nope, not a Galactic Man (aka "Shackwave").

Here's the actual toy, though the pics aren't mine:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/Transformers/HKAstroMagnumbox.jpg http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/Crystine_of_Cybertron/Transformers/HKAstroMagnumtoy.jpg

I'll take better pics soon.

Whilst a MISB original Shockwave is still what I'm ultimately after, I may still get a KO reissue as well. Until recently, I didn't realize there are no current legit reissues...

Bidoofdude
19th December 2012, 08:31 PM
KOs can be quite deceiving. Just don't buy a lot of G1s MISB (might be a prob for you) and you'll be fine. Loose is much more trustworthy to buy.
Yes, that is what I meant with the pinky eye.

Megatron
19th December 2012, 08:47 PM
KOs can be quite deceiving. Just don't buy a lot of G1s MISB (might be a prob for you) and you'll be fine. Loose is much more trustworthy to buy.
Yes, that is what I meant with the pinky eye.

Shouldn't be a problem, since I don't buy G1 MISBs very often and when I do I always do my research to make sure it's genuine and/or the one I'm after.

Actually I wouldn't mind getting one of every Shockwave variant in existence. ;)

Bidoofdude
29th January 2013, 11:12 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-UNIVERSE-Megatron-MISB-NEW-DELUXE-CLASS-/271113496367?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f1f9fa72f&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_969
Not mine but looks alright.

Megatron
30th January 2013, 10:00 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRANSFORMERS-UNIVERSE-Megatron-MISB-NEW-DELUXE-CLASS-/271113496367?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f1f9fa72f&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_969
Not mine but looks alright.

He does. Actually I have a bunch of items on my watch list from this seller. :D

ILikeSoundwave
25th February 2013, 08:22 AM
I have Legends Starscream (2007) but it's loose.

Megatron
25th February 2013, 08:53 AM
I have Legends Starscream (2007) but it's loose.

Hi. Thanks for the offer, however I need a MOSC one of these.