PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Glass Megatron & Soundwave - how to transform

Megatron
24th September 2012, 06:34 PM
Ok so... I got my SG Megatron today - and I love him!!! He's so friggin awesome. However, because I'm not very good when it comes to transforming my TF toys (not had many loose ones to play with due to my MISBing habit :p) - anything bigger than Legends class I seriously need the instruction sheet. So for anyone who has this awesome toy how on Cybertron do you take his sword out of the tank attachment??? I know the red button is for pulling the whole assembly out in one go, but now I can't seem to be able to take the sword back out again, and there's nothing in the instructions on how to do this. It seems to require a lot of strength to pull it out, but I'm too scared I'll break something if I pull too hard. Oh and another thing; how do I put the tank onto his forearm? I've opened up the two clips, but it doesn't seem to fit onto his arm! And again, I don't want to force it on. Can anyone help?

As far as my SG Soundwave goes (I got him a week ago - yay for SG Soundwave!!!)... even with the instruction sheet I'm too scared to transform him! I'm stuck on step one already... the top part of him isn't moving the way the instructions say he should, or I'm just not getting it. I've already watched several Youtube vids as well btw. :o Needless to say the mold is very fragmented and does not fit together very well in alt mode to begin with. Any tips are highly appreciated.

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th September 2012, 08:24 PM
I find the easiest way with the sword is to wiggle it left and right, so you kind of unlock one side first and then the other.

The two clips on the bottom of the tank should fit into the groove on his fore arm.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/r_megatron2008109_zpsf146e560.jpg
See the black lines on his left fore-arm, that is where the tank clips go over. Or the equivalent area on either arm... I have mine somewhere nearby at home, might get around to taking pics tonight if I remember. But for now, I hope this explains ok.

As for Soundwave tips, I find the wheels of the back of the van seem to get in the way a little bit when Transforming, so keep and eye on them and wigle them in/out of way as required. Half the time my one's arms pop off at the bicpe, but they easily go back in again so no dramas there. Legs can be a little fiddley, so just go slowly. they aren't THAT intuitive imo but the bonnet folds up and around to form the shins. Once again, I'll ahve a look when I get home, I can't remember what step 2 is...:rolleyes:

His vehicle mode doesn't clip together very well either. Sad face.

Now you just need to find Soundwave's official headband (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/the-infamous-headband.html) :p

Sky Shadow
24th September 2012, 08:32 PM
I love both these moulds. I feel like SG Soundwave's was the first true puzzleformer mould - it's like a Rubik's cube. Here (http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/83669.pdf) are the equivalent instructions.

Tetsuwan Convoy
24th September 2012, 08:42 PM
Woot! Good work SS, I knew they had to be somewhere.

Ok, so Taking the gun out, just reach up and rip that sucker out.

Then, you need to unclip the bumper, you might need to wiggle the side bits (that the wheels are connected to) a little to unhook the clasp bits, but once the bumper is free, the bonnet and windscreen area should freely move up.

Step 12 is the one where I find the rear wheels get in the way.

But generally Soundwave is pretty tough (it says so in his bio :) ) and can take a reasonable bit of force. But just be gentle and enjoy the experience. I always take my time when transforming a figure for the first time, it's a way to appreciate the engineering.

Megatron
24th September 2012, 08:45 PM
I find the easiest way with the sword is to wiggle it left and right, so you kind of unlock one side first and then the other.

The two clips on the bottom of the tank should fit into the groove on his fore arm.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/r_megatron2008109_zpsf146e560.jpg
See the black lines on his left fore-arm, that is where the tank clips go over. Or the equivalent area on either arm... I have mine somewhere nearby at home, might get around to taking pics tonight if I remember. But for now, I hope this explains ok.

As for Soundwave tips, I find the wheels of the back of the van seem to get in the way a little bit when Transforming, so keep and eye on them and wigle them in/out of way as required. Half the time my one's arms pop off at the bicpe, but they easily go back in again so no dramas there. Legs can be a little fiddley, so just go slowly. they aren't THAT intuitive imo but the bonnet folds up and around to form the shins. Once again, I'll ahve a look when I get home, I can't remember what step 2 is...:rolleyes:

His vehicle mode doesn't clip together very well either. Sad face.

Now you just need to find Soundwave's official headband (http://tetstoys.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/the-infamous-headband.html) :p

Nice display pic - wow he looks goooood...

Thanks so much! :D I'll try again later and see if it wiggles out. I tried doing that before actually, but it would loosen on one side and not the other. Same with the tank over forearm - it didn't seem to fit on without requiring a bit too much strength and I don't want to push/force it on.

I think pics may help if it's no trouble! Thanks for the SG Soundwave tips too, I'll keep all that in mind and try again.

Oooh and guess what?! I've already bought SG Soundwave's little headband! :D Just waiting for it to arrive in the mail. :D

I love both these moulds. I feel like SG Soundwave's was the first true puzzleformer mould - it's like a Rubik's cube. Here (http://www.hasbro.com/common/instruct/83669.pdf) are the equivalent instructions.

Yay! So it's not just me then who finds SG Soundwave a challenge. :p They're the exact instructions I got with him, too. :o

Thanks guys!

Megatron
24th September 2012, 08:49 PM
Woot! Good work SS, I knew they had to be somewhere.

Ok, so Taking the gun out, just reach up and rip that sucker out.

Then, you need to unclip the bumper, you might need to wiggle the side bits (that the wheels are connected to) a little to unhook the clasp bits, but once the bumper is free, the bonnet and windscreen area should freely move up.

Step 12 is the one where I find the rear wheels get in the way.

But generally Soundwave is pretty tough (it says so in his bio :) ) and can take a reasonable bit of force. But just be gentle and enjoy the experience. I always take my time when transforming a figure for the first time, it's a way to appreciate the engineering.

Thanks... I'll try again and let you know how I go. Wish me luck!

SuspectimusPrime
24th September 2012, 09:03 PM
My SG Soundwave's waist joint fell out on me upon first opening him up. I felt it was slightly looser than Classics Ironhide, but not an issue, just have to be extra careful.

I like to watch Youtube reviews on the subject Botcon release before actually handling it, even if I already own at least one version of the mould. The litmus test is if it survives Peaugh (SG Megatron (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMyyqs9WNc)) considering the way he manhandles even very dear figs :p, then it should survive me.
TFCC releases sometimes come with varying degrees of QC issues, and you may want to pay attention to a particular joint. Rather than have it fall apart on you upon transformation.

Also, pics please!!! :D

Megatron
24th September 2012, 10:53 PM
Ok, I got the tank to clip onto his forearm - it was easier than I thought so that's good. Still having trouble with the sword so I might just leave it attached to the tank for now as I don't want to do anything I'm gonna regret - especially with the amount I paid for him. Perhaps when I get an Energon Megatron to play around with I'll have a better idea (as they are the same mould).

Pics coming soon, most likely in an upcoming photo comic! :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
25th September 2012, 03:00 AM
Turns out my waggle the sword out theory is rubbish. I remember now that the original toy had FX that were activated when you waggled the sword, so its designed to move like this:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Wootnchoo/25092012_zpsb31c795b.jpg

I have been playing with mine and its a bit hard, but the only way to get that sucker out is to gold the tank in one hand, the sword in the other and pull that sucker out!!

the side clips are designed to give a little and damage is extremely unlikely.

I'd do more pics, but it is 1 am and I made enough noise getting Megs out, so dont wanna start a model shoot or else I'll never get to bed:D

Megatron
25th September 2012, 09:32 AM
Hi Tetsuwan, thanks so much!

I am just really relieved to know that there isn't anything actually wrong with my SG Megs - it looks like it's standard on this toy.

And it's good to see a few members here actually have him! :cool:

Sky Shadow
25th September 2012, 10:38 AM
And it's good to see a few members here actually have him! :cool:

Here (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=146330#post146330)'s mine with his archenemy.

Megatron
25th September 2012, 11:10 AM
Ooh yay there he is in all his awesomeness!!! :D Very nice pic! It would be nice to have his archenemy as well but because he's quite expensive he's not on my A-List right now.

These are both great toys in neat colours. I enjoy thinking about what the Transformers franchise might have been like if Bob Budiansky had assigned his 'good' and 'evil' alignments the other way around and if – from day one in 1984 – we had been assigned a universe of Heroic Deceptions and Evil Autobots. If the world had been like the Shattered Glass universe, I would have been happy.

Oh me too! :D

Interesting take with your essay lol... you closet Autobot fan you! btw I looove "Enter the Nightbird" - my favorite G1 episode.