PDA

View Full Version : When I was young...

liegeprime
28th June 2008, 02:38 PM
Hello everyone, Paulbot's post of his art stuff when he was young inspired me to post the ONLY picture ( not intentional at that) I ever took of the stuff I made TF wise and some Cobra vehicle with craft paper. A craft I started when I was young, around Grade 5 when Tfs became popular and me being a kid of an average income earning Filo family couldn't afford one or wouldn't waste money on. Food vs Toys = food. So to remedy that I made my own based on loose catalogues my friends let me have. That is until my aunt here in Aus gave me my first Soundwave and things started to roll. I continued to make these til early college (Uni here) days then stopped when I became more active in collecting real TF figures
when G2 started cropping the stores.
MAde from Cartolina Craft paper, glue, slide sheets, old clear negatives and a lot of patience and a magnifying lens to enlarge the ittybitty pictures in the catalogues..:D Sorry if its blurry, the camera used didn't have a flash attached to it.. was only testing it actually.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/Othercollectibles036.jpg

They don't transform of course, except for Shockwave which unfortunately I didnt take a photo of. Makes me sorry now to think that I didn't spend any time taking photos of these back then, guess when young....

Pulse
28th June 2008, 02:48 PM
Awwww, How sweet! :)

It makes me feel special in that I've seen this pic in real life... :D

griffin
28th June 2008, 07:35 PM
And they are all gone now? Pity. They looked well done for craft paper.

liegeprime
28th June 2008, 08:18 PM
I left them in the old house when we moved back to the provincial residence. I was thinking at that time since I already have the TF figures and will be continuing to collect from then I don't need them anymore. I can still make these anyhow, it just takes a little more patience on my now lazy older self. Its like riding a bike ... well for me :D. One of these days I might just make one or two, just for the heck of it. But this time ill be taking lots of photos to commemorate it. :)

Sam
28th June 2008, 09:57 PM
I think they are really good in that they were made from paper! Maybe you could do the same now, except make Cybetronian-style buildings out of them to use in your TF dioramas. :D

Tiby
29th June 2008, 07:28 PM
That is awesome! I really admire your creativity!

liegeprime
29th June 2008, 11:19 PM
I think they are really good in that they were made from paper! Maybe you could do the same now, except make Cybetronian-style buildings out of them to use in your TF dioramas. :D

Haven't though about that, thanks for the suggestions, buildings would be so much easier..... I did have my own Cobra terrordrome and Castle grayskull made the same way , as usual no pics, sigh. :( Hmmm probably the Ark, or Autobot city, hmmmmm.

Thanks guys!!