PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Soundwarp
28th June 2008, 04:53 PM
This is a thread for people new to the board so that they can all sign in here and introduce themselves.
This should end the many new threads that happen for the same thing i hope :D

griffin
28th June 2008, 05:43 PM
Um, no. The individual threads give people a chance to be individually welcomed, and feel more like a part of the community by further discussing issues that they raise about themselves (like other interests, or their TFs collecting, etc). A single intro topic would get a bit congested when more than one person signs up at the one time.
Besides, it is shown that new topics in any section gets more attention than an old existing topic, no matter what new info is posted. It happens in the news section, which is why new news topics are preferred if an existing topic has 'expired' by not being posted to for some time.
I don't want newbies to be ignored just because they are posting on an old existing topic that gets ignored by people who only check new topics. I doubt there would be anyone here who reads every post and every topic - we need the individual topics here to give us the chance to better see the new people when they introduce themselves.

Pulse
28th June 2008, 05:53 PM
I totally agree with Griffin. Having your own introduction thread gives you the freedom to express your individualism in your own unique way :) (It's only later on that our insane-ness shines through :p).

Burn
28th June 2008, 09:30 PM
A thread like this could be nifty for some of us older members whose introduction may be from a long long time ago and could do with a re-introduction.

Soundwarp
29th June 2008, 08:43 AM
Um, no. The individual threads give people a chance to be individually welcomed, and feel more like a part of the community by further discussing issues that they raise about themselves (like other interests, or their TFs collecting, etc). A single intro topic would get a bit congested when more than one person signs up at the one time.
Besides, it is shown that new topics in any section gets more attention than an old existing topic, no matter what new info is posted. It happens in the news section, which is why new news topics are preferred if an existing topic has 'expired' by not being posted to for some time.
I don't want newbies to be ignored just because they are posting on an old existing topic that gets ignored by people who only check new topics. I doubt there would be anyone here who reads every post and every topic - we need the individual topics here to give us the chance to better see the new people when they introduce themselves.

So it's like that then eh???

griffin
29th June 2008, 05:27 PM
A thread like this could be nifty for some of us older members whose introduction may be from a long long time ago and could do with a re-introduction.

If anyone wants to, they can. I wouldn't stop anyone wanting to say 'hey peeps' from time to time. :)