PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Armada Tidal Wave

groovyguy
1st October 2012, 11:48 AM
Hi guys, I think I posted this a few months ago, but I am still after Tidal wave if anyone has one, the ones on Ebay are rarely complete, and it's obvious they're not from fans, just people trying to make a buck, so if anyone on here is interested in selling me one, please get in touch! :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st October 2012, 08:15 PM
I never actually saw Armada Tidal Wave on the shelves. I wonder if he was a bit rare in aus, I ended up settling for an Energon version.\

Cool toy though and definitely worthy of a hunt down. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you ;)

Cat
1st October 2012, 09:57 PM
He was pretty common around here.

I think I saw less of the Energon version.

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2012, 01:25 AM
Both the Armada and Energon versions were pretty common around all the stores I saw. Energon Tidal Wave was a bit of a shelfwarmer too, cos he was a big expensive repaint of Armada Tidal Wave. Being big ticket expensive toys, neither version sold very quickly. I think I remember seeing some around Perth too at the time (e.g. TRU Joondalup etc.). I wasn't actively seeking this toy cos I already had the Japanese version (both Hasbro and Takara's versions are good in their own ways -- depends on your personal preference; Takara's appealed more to me).

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2012, 10:19 AM
Korean Shockwave (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-Armada-MD-06-Shockwave-Tidal-Wave-/140598726003?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item20bc564d73) <-- _not_ a KO, this is a fully legit toy licensed by Takara for sale in South Korea. In my experience Korean TFs are the same quality as Japanese TFs, although Sonokong is notorious for questionable quality packaging and you may not get the correct tech specs card. But this looks cheaper than others I've seen, and the toy itself should be fine. :) Hmm.. interesting... he's just called "Shock" in Korean. :eek:

Otherwise...
Loose complete Tidal Wave (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-2003-Armada-TIDAL-WAVE-RAMJET-100-complete-C8-5-shape-/170905838155?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item27cac8224b) - it has both missiles and the Ramjet Mini-Con. No packaging or paperwork (instruction booklet, catalogue & sticker - that's all it would've originally come w/), but the toy's complete. :)

I saw a Japanese version here (http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-TRANSFORMERS-ARMADA-MD-06-SHOCKWAVE-GALVATRON-JAPAN-VERSION-RARE-/350556417790?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item519eca6efe), but the price is stupidly expensive. :(

groovyguy
2nd October 2012, 11:46 AM
I saw that complete one on ebay, but where is his face? lol has Optimus taken it? :P

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2012, 01:52 PM
It's there, I can see it. It's just very dark and the photo doesn't show it well.

groovyguy
2nd October 2012, 03:26 PM
I kinda like the look of that Korean Shockwave . . . .

Torn between two Tidal Waves
Feeling like a fool
Having both of them
would be breaking all the rules :D

Help me decide lol :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd October 2012, 04:42 PM
I'd be inclined to go for the Japanese/Korean one. Mainly beacuse I think the colours are more inducive to him as "the Dark Fleet"

But then they are a bit more moneys.

groovyguy
2nd October 2012, 04:45 PM
He looks awesome, and it is only 1 cent more expensive lol :p

Autocon
2nd October 2012, 08:36 PM

Feeling like a fool
Having both of them

Buy both! and have one in bot mode and the other in alt mode:cool:

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd October 2012, 08:52 PM
He looks awesome, and it is only 1 cent more expensive lol :p
Lol, thats what you get for skiving work and checking ebay when you shouldn't be :p

But he has three modes, robot, fleet and battleship. What to do then???;)

GoktimusPrime
2nd October 2012, 09:21 PM

Feeling like a fool
Having both of them

I'd recommend Korean Shockwave. The toy should be just as good as the Takara one at a cheaper price. The only downside is possibly inferior quality packaging and tech spec cards, but if you can't read Japanese then that's completely irrelevant for you anyway! :)

Reasons why I prefer Shockwave over Tidal Wave are:
1) The colours look nicer to me. Beautiful deep "Decepticon purple" over some dark pale snot green. :p
2) The cartoon model's colours are based on Shockwave. Although the game and comics used Tidal Wave's colours.
3) The section of the carrier's runway that raises up to reveal Ramjet is the same colour as the rest of the runway, whereas on Tidal Wave it's darker and looks too obvious.

Mind you... the Tidal Wave mould, while good by Armada standards, isn't that great a toy. Keep in mind that Armada was a line where many of the Transformers' engineering/design was compromised by gimmicks. So erm... I hope you're not hyping yourself up with expectations of this toy being the bee's knees or anything. :o

Darers do first. ;) :p

Paulbot
2nd October 2012, 09:44 PM
I can't recall seeing either Tidal Wave in store. I can't picture the packaging in my mind. Sure it was about but it didn't interest me much and I ended up getting a loose Energon version years later (and then trying to sell it).

groovyguy
2nd October 2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, not sure why but it's been stuck in my head for years to get one of him, I just bought the Korean Shock-Tidal-Wave guy, should look good on the classics shelf next to MegaZarak :)

Thanks guys for all your help :)

And yeah, darers go first lol ;)

GoktimusPrime
3rd October 2012, 12:23 AM
I just bought the Korean Shock-Tidal-Wave guy,
Powerful Seafaring Yacht = P.S.Y.!! :p

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/misc%20photo%20skits/Gangnam/gangnam_shockwavemd.jpg