PDA

View Full Version : Animated s02e12-13 A bridge too close.

MV75
29th June 2008, 12:28 PM
FREAKING AWESOME!!!

"what were you thinking?"

"This coming from the guy who rebuilt megatron". :D

Omega supreme is the best!. :)

Blurr was pretty cool too.

Just a shame that douche cut in on the end. grrrr. And those eggs and hand and logo do still piss me off, but, yea.
________
MARIJUANA CARD (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Pulse
29th June 2008, 01:49 PM
Two words sum it up for me - Lurved It! :D

Bloody Excellent! Now that was a great 2-part episode!

Damn, I lurved those new Characters - Every single one of Screamer's clones :) (I just wish they had different voices to boot ;)), They nailed Blurr spot on :), Corey Burton reprising Shockwave again! :D (Now, if only he was purple... :rolleyes:) & Omega Supreme was absolutely perfect! :)

Was it just me or did Mixmaster's & Scrapper's colours change from yellow & blue to green & purple after they got branded? Maybe I was seeing things... ;)

Now that was a brilliant ending to Season 2! The TFA writers couldn't have done it any better! :D

I'd give it a 9 & three quarters out of 10! :D (Don't cha know that when reviewing something you're not allowed to give perfect scores? ;))

Gutsman Heavy
29th June 2008, 05:32 PM
Omega Supreme: Awesome.

funkyaw
29th June 2008, 06:45 PM

I hope Hasbro don't skimp out on his toy design...

kup
29th June 2008, 07:03 PM
It was a FRACKING AWESOME episode indeed!

A great contrast compared to the incredible crap last 2-3 episodes. This is the most inconsistent TF series to date!

*spoilers*

Omega Supreme was purely awesome!!

Now, if they stick to this Transformers episodes and ditch the supervillain ones we would have a great series indeed!

BTW, Sari being a robot was obvious since the start of the series so it was hardly surprising but nice for it to be finally officially acknowledged.

kup
29th June 2008, 07:08 PM
Just a shame that douche cut in on the end. grrrr. And those eggs and hand and logo do still piss me off, but, yea.

That pissed me off too. I wanted to slit his throat :mad:

Pulse
29th June 2008, 07:23 PM
Chill Mate. :)

The Yankee Cartoon Network will be showing the episodes next week so hopefully we'll get to see the comedic banter then :).

kup
29th June 2008, 07:48 PM
Chill Mate. :)

I just hate 'cartoon hosts', ever since I was a kid. I hate them mainly because they are prone to this sort of crap showing their logos and things during the show and interrupting at the very end. For some reason they are normally stereotyped exactly the same as that moron with over the top behaviour and the like.

The only cartoon hosts that I liked were Agro's cartoon connection and the Cheeze TV original guys before they went crap.

Robzy
29th June 2008, 08:39 PM
Fantastic Season Finale!!! :eek:

Animated rocks! :cool:

GoktimusPrime
29th June 2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I really liked this episode. We absolutely need more eps like this.

***SPOILERS AHOY***

Several neat "easter eggs"
+ The Constructicons being branded - a neat reference to G1's "Autobranding" (although this time with Decepticons). I also like how the Constructicons, once they officially became Decepticons, switched from their late G1/G2-esque yellows to early G1 green. And their eyes also switched from a 'neutral' yellow to Decepticon red. I, Robot'd!
+ Blurr! Although I always knew that blue car was Blurr, I was surprised to learn that he was a secret operative from the Elite Guard. I thought he was someone brought to life by another lost AllSpark fragment.
+ Starscream's clones - I like how they continued/extended the theme of how they all have different aspects of Starscream's personality. The colour references were cool too - Skywarp (the coward), Thundercracker (the arrogant one), Sunstorm (the flatterer), G1 Ramjet (the compulsive liar) and G2 Ramjet (the female).
+ Megatron's finger extensions are reminiscent of Scrounge from G1
+ Shockwave being Megatron's agent on Cybertron for the test run of the Space Bridge - just like in G1!
+ The Space Bridge operating on Transwarp energy - nice Beast Wars reference!

And finally the question of Sari's humanity (or lack of) is revealed! Gah, what a cliffhanger!! Very reminiscent of the way that Beast Wars Seasons 1 and 2 ended!! (>_<)

I really liked how this story was a three way battle between the forces of Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream. The dogfight with the Decepticon jets vs Omega Supreme was cool.

Overall - top story! :)

MV75
29th June 2008, 11:44 PM
I'd always known that sari wasn't entirely human, I called it afterall. :) But it would be interesting to know how she came to be. Wouldn't it be funny if she was derived from megatron and brought to life by some of his spark........ The professor had the head longer than her apparent age.

I wants more omega supreme. The fight, although too brief, was the best part ever. Pity that lugnut wasn't disintegrated like it initially looked like he was.

I also have every faith that he survived the space bridge. Ratchet brought him up to strength, and so did the key, and he's got allspark fragments in his spark chamber too, so it's highly unlikely he's destroyed. He just mearly used up all the power of the bridge to transport himself is how I see it. :) Plus he transforms into a starship. He can just fly to wherever he wants.

I do wonder where blurr ended up though, as I think they were all transported to different places each time someone went in the gate (megatron and screamer went at the same time, and is why they're together), and yea, I was also glad he was an existing elite guard and not yet another mindless all-spark drone.

So, any speculation on megatron coming across a unicron while floating along? :D Or even a scorponok, something to rival omega supreme.

Also notice that female screamer is chinless? :)

And don't count on CN not promo'ing all over either, they pull that crap too. I don't care if natrooted or pokedaman is coming up next, I'm watching transformers NOW.
________
Mercury m-series specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mercury_M-Series)

Pulse
30th June 2008, 12:21 AM
I really hope Season 3 gets given the green light (then we'll hopefully get an Arcee figure :p) but what I'd be willing to trade my oldies away for (:confused::D) would have to be a Gestalt team! :) (The Breastforce would be the icing on the cake but any gestalt team would do... ;))

MV75
30th June 2008, 12:24 AM
I thought that it was given a green light. :)

And yea, would be nice to have combiners, but I doubt it while archer "combiners are too hard" is still in charge.
________
Bmw v3 history (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_V3)

Golden Phoenix
30th June 2008, 12:36 AM
I do wonder where blurr ended up though, as I think they were all transported to different places each time someone went in the gate

Wasn't the gate originally set for Cybertron? So I think he would have come out there and faced Shockwave or something. Although Shockwave would have said something about having some bots come through unless there is some lag or something

MV75
30th June 2008, 12:50 AM
"You're the space bridge genius, get him back!"

"I'm trying, but I never set the target coordinates. They could have transported to anywhere in the galaxy".
________
50 SERIES (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_50_Series)

Gutsman Heavy
30th June 2008, 01:33 AM
After this awesome surely there will be season 3, RIGHT!? Don't cancel another show just as it hits super awesome *cough*beastwars*cough*

kup
30th June 2008, 11:20 AM
Seasons 1 &2 originally was intended to be just Season 1. They were later split in two for some reason, that is why we had them aired back to back.

Season 3 (what originally would have been Season 2) is in preproduction and there is nothing yet because there is nothing to show. We will likely have to wait a good amount of months before we see anything.

i_amtrunks
30th June 2008, 02:34 PM
That was a damn good finale for the season. I'll spoilerise anything plot related.

Tom Kenny did excellent voice work on all of the male Screamer clones, those guys were hilarious. The fembot clone was obviously the smartest, and I am interested to see what will happen with her in the next season, her taking control of the Decepticons (Blitzwing, Lugnut and the remaining clones) would be the most obvious option.
Having them powered by a fragment of an Allspark Fragment was also a nice choice, but now that we have seen that the Spacebridge eventually drained the power from an Allspark fragment, that Screamer, the clones and Constructicons are all mortal, it just may take a while for the fragment to lose it's power.

I'm also interested to know what Hasbro will be doing regarding the Constructicons, I assume we will have both yellow and green/purple versions, but seriously, who would choose the yellow over the green/purple versions? (I'm thinking the green/purple variants may end up a store exclusive). Nice to see they stayed consistent throughout the episodes, its all about the oil.

Nice to see some good characterisation for Bulkhead, he and Prime still need more character time to be as well fleshed out as Bumblebee, Prowl and Ratchet (who really got all of his from 1 episode). It seems Ratchet has been left in the "he's super old and thus super grumpy" character from Garbage in, Garbage Out. Bumblebee is still an annoying git who does everything for his own personal satisfaction, and is still a dolt.
Blurr was a nice surprise, I too was expecting him to be an Allspark fragment powered character, being an Elite Guard agent was a very nice twist. His speech was far slower than I expected, it almost seemed like he was talking in slo-mo compared to G1 Blurr!
I was expecting the Dinobots to appear at some point (even if only to remind us that they are still around), and BlackArachnia was nowhere to be seen, I assumed that she would arrive to try and get the best possible outcome for herself in the situation.

Overall a very solid episode, ended things nicely so that if the show does finish here (very doubtful) then everything is wrapped up nicely, yet more toys can still be made until movie #2. However there are still plenty of open plot threads to pick up and expand on into season 3.

GoktimusPrime
30th June 2008, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking the green/purple variants may end up a store exclusive
I hope not. I think the yellow versions should be exclusive variants and the green Decepticon ones should be common.

I agree with everything else you said. :)

MV75
30th June 2008, 06:55 PM
You know what? I see them re-releasing classics devastator (yea, THAT thing), with each of the pairs being one yellow, one green, and the odd vehicle out being yellow/green and calling it animated devastator. :D :D :D
________
Ford th!nk picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_TH!NK)

The_Damned
30th June 2008, 10:33 PM
that was an awesome episode.

i_amtrunks
1st July 2008, 10:13 AM
I hope not. I think the yellow versions should be exclusive variants and the green Decepticon ones should be common.

I doubt there is any sane person on these boards that would not wish that the Green/purple versions receive a normal release, and the yellow variants get a limited release. :D

Bartrim
1st July 2008, 09:58 PM
That was pure awesome. I enjoyed that so much. God I hope they continue this series.

Pathalogical liar Starscream was hilarious "You haven't caught me. I can escape anytime I want" Gold:D

jaydisc
2nd July 2008, 10:24 PM
The bot vs. con episodes are so much better than the human interest crap.

This episode was cool, and what a wonderful G1 homage Omega was! That was great.

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd July 2008, 12:44 AM
Thats why he's SUPREME:D

I hope Hasbro don't skimp out on his toy design...
Ditto

I really hope Season 3 gets given the green light (then we'll hopefully get an Arcee figure :p) but what I'd be willing to trade my oldies away for (:confused::D) would have to be a Gestalt team! :) (The Breastforce would be the icing on the cake but any gestalt team would do... ;))

So Season 3 has been confirmed, but not yet made? Just as long as we get one. Maybe a seson 4 as well, to make it longer (yeh this is pushing it I know)

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2008, 09:37 AM
The bot vs. con episodes are so much better than the human interest crap.
+1 qft :)

kup
3rd July 2008, 11:14 AM
+1 qft :)

For me the giant contrast between the Mega crap human episodes and the Con vs Bot episodes almost makes them seem as two separate series.

I can't believe a single series can have both the worse TF episodes EVER as well as some of the best since BW.

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2008, 12:39 PM
Yes... consistency seems to be a defining feature of Animated. It's very hit and miss. Much like Hasbro has been since Archer's been at the helm. Perhaps it's then ironic that Animated has a character named Archer. :p

MV75
3rd July 2008, 01:06 PM
An even more ironic is that aside from Meltdown, Archer is the best villan.
________
Gm Iron Duke Engine (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/GM_Iron_Duke_engine)

kup
3rd July 2008, 01:22 PM
An even more ironic is that aside from Meltdown, Archer is the best villan.

we sure are worlds apart in what we like.

MV75
3rd July 2008, 02:03 PM
So you like the Pony princess the best out of the human villans? :D
________
Plymouth superbird (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Plymouth_Superbird)

Bartrim
3rd July 2008, 02:12 PM
The thing I find saddest is that they put an awesome episode like that on and then leave you waiting God knows how long until season 3 gets made (It has been given the green light right?):(

Oh Kudos to them for not making Blurr annoying (I hate him in G1)

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2008, 05:27 PM
He was alright in the comics. but yeah, exteremely annoying in the cartoon. :/

jop
7th July 2008, 12:36 AM
Just saw these episodes, and had to comment on how awesome it was. It was so good i think I might go watch it again now :D

I was extremely impressed with Omega and couldn't believe how beautiful he looked. Fantastic G1 homage. I can't wait for this toy, this will be one of the few animated toys i will buy!

Pulse
7th July 2008, 10:51 AM
I don't think these ending credits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWJqmgaa-S0) were that good... :rolleyes:

kup
7th July 2008, 11:21 AM
I don't think these ending credits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smQffpzAlU0) were that good... :rolleyes:

In the ending credits Starscream fully sounded like Spongebob :)

It appears that this episode was also made with the possibility this could be the Final Animated episode ever. The comments made on those ending credits sounded very 'permanent'.

I know that they are now moving into a Season 3 (at least that's what they say) but I suspect that this episode may have supposed to be the last one at some stage.

griffin
7th July 2008, 03:03 PM
The dialogue from the end credits (without the show's host talking over the Canadian broadcaast)...

Megatron: "Stop staring at me!"

Starscream: "No, you stop staring at *me*!"

Megatron: "Do you think I actually want to spend the rest of eternity gazing at your unsightly visage?"

Starscream: "Trust me, your visage is no picnic either. And your face is
ugly too!"

Megatron: "Uh, someone just take me offline now..."

Starscream: "What do you think I have been trying to *do* for the last four million stellar cycles!? Aha-ha! Ahahahahaha!! It's funny really when you think about it. Tragic but funny! Ahahahaha!"

Megatron: "Oh, shut up!..."

Source - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JNb5NaphMQ

STL
9th July 2008, 01:51 AM
Those were two great episodes. And I agree, they do remind me of the formulation of BWs. I seem to recall that just before the frenetic finales of each season, there was a lot of "nothing"/filler episodes. This was great.

I cannot wait for the Omega Supreme toy. It just bugs me they got him back to full power and then he disappears. :( Oh, and in relation to the toy, I'll buy regardless but I'm a bit concerned given that its to be Supreme Class figure and if we look at the last two Supreme's this might be one terrible toy. I'll still buy it tho I do hope it's a kick@ss toy. From the episode, the transformation looks straightforward enough but of course those ain't necessarily the best thing to go by

Tober
9th July 2008, 08:04 AM
I think it was at Botcon that they confirmed that season 3 has been in development since May so I guesstimate it should premiere around the same time as last year i.e. Christmas, that would give it sufficient lead time untill the next movie as well. Plus we have seen and heard of TFA characters that haven't been seen onscreen yet (besides Oil Slick).

SDCC is 3 weeks away so there will probably be more info released then.

Pulse
9th July 2008, 10:58 AM
Word is that Oil Slick is gonna be a comics-only character (But sometimes word is wrong... :rolleyes:)

This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Transformers:_Animated_episodes#Season_3:_ 2008-2009) doesn't really help out at all for Season 3... :(

Paulbot
9th July 2008, 05:05 PM
Plus we have seen and heard of TFA characters that haven't been seen onscreen yet (besides Oil Slick).
Remind me? I can think of a bunch of characters who've been onscreen with no sign of toys (Mix, Scrapper, Blurr, Wasp, Omega, Wreck-Gar, Shockwave, Seeker clones) but not the other way around. :confused:

kup
9th July 2008, 10:00 PM
Remind me? I can think of a bunch of characters who've been onscreen with no sign of toys (Mix, Scrapper, Blurr, Wasp, Omega, Wreck-Gar, Shockwave, Seeker clones) but not the other way around. :confused:

Both the timing of the toys and the cartoon were made a giant mess due to Hasbro's incompetence. I am sure that all the TFs that appeared in the show have at least partially developed molds and will be released within the year and the next otherwise the characters would not have existed in the show.

Tsk, Tsk, Hasbro, you probably could have made a greater profit of the line if you had gotten your act together.

Tober
10th July 2008, 02:11 AM

This cropped pic shows and names a few that wern't in season 1 or 2:

Upcoming characters (http://derrickjwyatt.blogspot.com/2008/04/back-from-botcon.html)

The second character is apparently Jetstorm and the eighth is apparently Jetfire.

Vector Sigma 13
10th July 2008, 06:46 AM
Great ending, loved omega supreme.

liegeprime
10th July 2008, 10:10 AM
The thing I find saddest is that they put an awesome episode like that on and then leave you waiting God knows how long until season 3 gets made (It has been given the green light right?):(
Oh Kudos to them for not making Blurr annoying (I hate him in G1)

I know, its torture.... fortunately Ive got Naruto and Bleach to tide me by:D

He was alright in the comics. but yeah, exteremely annoying in the cartoon. :/

Bumblebee has accepted his mantle as the most annoying bot in the show:D:D seeing that Blurr is the fastest.. I mean he has to excel at something ya know.;)

i_amtrunks
10th July 2008, 10:28 AM

Well Omega, Shockwave and the clones have been partially confirmed and very heavily hinted at.

But I am surprised that we have yet to see stolen prototypes and whatnot for more figures, since the US is already up to Wave 3 figures, that does not leave much time for new figures for wave 5-6 onwards to be announced (unless we are going to get a tonne of repaints).

Pulse
10th July 2008, 11:10 AM
Maybe that Elite Guard Bumblez is hinting at something encroaching in Season 3? :rolleyes:

Golden Phoenix
10th July 2008, 08:46 PM
Maybe that Elite Guard Bumblez is hinting at something encroaching in Season 3? :rolleyes:

Nope, just Hasbro reusing moulds. I can't beleive that they are already doing that. Wave 4 and we have a repaint.

lcz128
10th July 2008, 10:37 PM
I cannot wait for the Omega Supreme toy. It just bugs me they got him back to full power and then he disappears. :( Oh, and in relation to the toy, I'll buy regardless but I'm a bit concerned given that its to be Supreme Class figure and if we look at the last two Supreme's this might be one terrible toy.

What do you mean the last two supreme's?
Are you including PRIMUS in that category!?!?

STL
10th July 2008, 10:43 PM
What do you mean the last two supreme's?
Are you including PRIMUS in that category!?!?

Animated Rollout Prime and Ult BB

lcz128
10th July 2008, 11:00 PM
Animated Rollout Prime and Ult BB

Ahh! That makes sense now :D Y'see, I don't count Ult BB. That's just a pile of crap. :b

iceburn
10th July 2008, 11:03 PM
is Supreme Rollout Prime that bad???

STL
10th July 2008, 11:15 PM
is Supreme Rollout Prime that bad???

Watch the reviews. Terrible.

Tober
11th July 2008, 02:56 AM
Nope, just Hasbro reusing moulds. I can't beleive that they are already doing that. Wave 4 and we have a repaint.

I'm actually mildly inpressed it took them that long. ;)

SilverDragon
20th July 2008, 11:13 AM
Flat-out fantastic! I don't think I can say anything more about the episode quality, really, although I wish there had been a little more of a build-up to it in the previous episodes.

Omega Supreme's design reminded me of some of the aliens from Ben 10, particularly Fourarms, Upgrade, and XLR8. This is probably not coincidental, given that the animation studio who did this episode (and several of the designers) worked on that show.

Beast_Wars_Superior
26th October 2008, 07:18 PM
This 2 part episode was sheer brilliance!

And I agree with Pulse, the Screamer clones were perfect, especially the compulsive liar. "I will always be loyal to you!" *KICK!*

Also, that whole sequence where the Decepticons are talking to Omega Supreme and getting taken out one by one always has me in stitches. "When I'm done scrambling your circuits you're gonna need a GPS to find your own exhaust port!" Classic.

Another bit I really like is when Sari saw her uncovered robot parts and everyone was shocked. Instead of overplaying it or being melodramatic, it was handled quite realistically and maturely. Just the whimpering noise she makes conveys so much fear and confusion. The actors and directors on this show are incredible.

And like the first post, I'm very angry about the guy cutting in over the end credits. The exchange between Megs and Starscream is hilarious, but I have to wait for the DVD to see it? GAH! :mad:

GoktimusPrime
26th October 2008, 09:43 PM
And like the first post, I'm very angry about the guy cutting in over the end credits. The exchange between Megs and Starscream is hilarious, but I have to wait for the DVD to see it? GAH!
Or you could've watched it on Channel 10 when it aired on Toasted TV (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1807&highlight=toasted).

genechan
26th October 2008, 09:49 PM
No matter how many times I watch the scenes with the Screamer clones in them...they always crack me up. I love the femme Screamer - she is awesome xD

But yes, Omega Supreme was a pleasant surprise...when I first watched it I was guessing who it was lol...and I failed. xD