PDA

View Full Version : MP 10 Black Convoy

kurdt_the_goat
4th October 2012, 07:23 PM
From Famitoy (http://famitoy.blogspot.com.au/)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-82rHY2EEu1s/UG1HnoIEHrI/AAAAAAAADdE/Y-XFIYm43og/s1600/tfmp10b.jpg
Retail Price: 12800Yen
Release Date: March 2013

Tober
4th October 2012, 07:37 PM
So, no trailer? :confused:

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th October 2012, 08:47 PM
Hmm, 12,800 yen, so I guess not. I can't remember how much mp10 cost me, must have been too traumatic!:p

kup
4th October 2012, 08:48 PM
So lame. Did they really have to tease a silhouette for this?

VERT
4th October 2012, 09:21 PM
Glad no trailer cuts the price down. May get it. Not sure.

Kazza
4th October 2012, 09:33 PM
This is stupid they're just rehasing toys with the same re-deco's, if it is to be an MP-10B or whatever, it should of been ultra magnus with his armour, least MP-12 and MP-14 there is some differences in mold, but MP-10 and this possible Nemesis version just screams lazy to me.

Trent
4th October 2012, 10:07 PM
Why the hate?

HasTak have been spitting out MP repaints since the beginning. This is hardly a surprise as the prime version of the mold was quite sucessful. If this doesn't interest you then sit it out and save your money. ;)

Kazza
4th October 2012, 10:19 PM
Why the hate?

HasTak have been spitting out MP repaints since the beginning. This is hardly a surprise as the prime version of the mold was quite sucessful. If this doesn't interest you then sit it out and save your money. ;)

yeah when people where guessing at nemesis convoy and ultra magnus, i was hopping for ultra magnus with armor, so hearing this disappointed me, that and it doesnt come with a trailer? (this been confirmed?)

griffin
5th October 2012, 12:32 AM
But we want something original... even if it is just a redeco, give us a new colour scheme or character, other than the "Nemesis" black redeco that they already did with the MP01 Optimus/Convoy.
After all the great MP and Encore news this week, this is such a disappointing letdown that they are recycling the same idea for a character that doesn't even really exist in fiction (I think it is mostly inspired by the RID/Car Robots Scourge being a black redeco of the Gen2 Optimus, leading to Armada copying the idea... and ever since then we've had the recycled idea of having a black redeco of Optimus - mostly from the JP side of the toyline though).
It is so expected, it would have been a better thing if they confirmed that they weren't doing a Nemesis redeco, or were giving us a new redeco deco entirely.
It just seems so lazy.
At least FunPub gave us something new with a purple Optimus for their redeco (from the Mirror-verse).

Lord_Zed
5th October 2012, 12:33 AM
It's nice enough looking, but still don't really want it.

Kazza
5th October 2012, 12:37 AM
But we want something original... even if it is just a redeco, give us a new colour scheme or character, other than the "Nemesis" black redeco that they already did with the MP01 Optimus/Convoy.
After all the great MP and Encore news this week, this is such a disappointing letdown that they are recycling the same idea for a character that doesn't even really exist in fiction (I think it is mostly inspired by the RID/Car Robots Scourge being a black redeco of the Gen2 Optimus, leading to Armada copying the idea... and ever since then we've had the recycled idea of having a black redeco of Optimus - mostly from the JP side of the toyline though).
It is so expected, it would have been a better thing if they confirmed that they weren't doing a Nemesis redeco, or were giving us a new redeco deco entirely.
It just seems so lazy.
At least FunPub gave us something new with a purple Optimus for their redeco (from the Mirror-verse).

I reckon a shatterglass purple version would of been a better choice considering the use of mp-10's mold.

Hursticon
7th October 2012, 12:28 PM
Dependant on pricing, I might actually consider picking this up in place of the local TRU MP-10 release, will have to wait & see though. ;)

canofwhoopass_87
7th October 2012, 01:16 PM
-_-

Ode to a Grasshopper
8th October 2012, 12:21 PM
This is stupid they're just rehasing toys with the same re-deco's, if it is to be an MP-10B or whatever, it should of been ultra magnus with his armour, least MP-12 and MP-14 there is some differences in mold, but MP-10 and this possible Nemesis version just screams lazy to me.Naw, I'd rather get a good Magnus with trailer armor as MP whatever-number-it-is, and leave the 10-Black/Sleep/New Hat versions as they are.

I don't mind HasTak doing the inevitable black repaints, people will buy them, it's an easy use of the mold that doesn't require new development costs, and hopefully that means the funds will go towards actual new MPs.

That said, I've got MP10 and RiD Scourge, so it's an easy pass for me.