PDA

View Full Version : The Pokemon Thread

Bidoofdude
4th October 2012, 08:26 PM
Hi, I couldn't find the older thread if there is one, but before I got back into transformers earlier this year I was heavily into pokemon. Games, anime, manag, everything. I still play a lot in moderation. I think recently getting my keldeo (whose event is on til 11th Oct) sparked something in there. I have nearly completed my legendary collection on HG. I have all the kantos, missing celebi from Johto, Missing Latios, Groudon and Deoxys from Hoenn and missing Darkrai from Sinnoh. As for BW, I have every legendary available currently in Australia. Waiting for Genesect on the 11th. Anyone getting BW2. I'm getting White 2. Anyway, discuss pokemon in all respects here.:cool:

Kazza
4th October 2012, 09:09 PM
Hi, I couldn't find the older thread if there is one, but before I got back into transformers earlier this year I was heavily into pokemon. Games, anime, manag, everything. I still play a lot in moderation. I think recently getting my keldeo (whose event is on til 11th Oct) sparked something in there. I have nearly completed my legendary collection on HG. I have all the kantos, missing celebi from Johto, Missing Latios, Groudon and Deoxys from Hoenn and missing Darkrai from Sinnoh. As for BW, I have every legendary available currently in Australia. Waiting for Genesect on the 11th. Anyone getting BW2. I'm getting White 2. Anyway, discuss pokemon in all respects here.:cool:

I'm heavy into pokemon as well grew up with it, i collected the cards in primary school but stopped doing so by the time i got into high school, gave them all away to friends, but when the dual pokemon cards came out for heart gold and soul silver (kinda water brush artwork) e.g. Lugia Legend and Ho-Oh legend card, it got me collecting again, rather i buy the cards on ebay, spent at least $2000 on cards, i also own every main pokemon game except gold/silver and crystal (due to their internal battery issue), maybe it will be easier to list what i own, red/blue/yellow, ruby/sapphire/emerald/fire red/leaf green, diamond/pearl/platinum/heart gold/soul silver, black/white, pokemon stadium 1 & 2 on n64 (my n64 console is the pokemon version with 2 pokemon controllers), pokemon colosseum and pokemon xd: gale of darkness, pokemon channel and pokemon box ruby and sapphire all of which are gamecube games and lastly pokemon battle revolution on wii. I also have my pre-order on black 2 and white 2.

My first pokemon game was blue when i was 8 back in 1998, i've completed the pokedex in game on red/blue/yellow, ruby, diamond, platinum. As with cards, i have all the Legend cards, all the prime rares, all the lvl. EX and all the current full body cards, e.g. reshiram and zekrom. I'm losing interest with them as i've moved over to transformers, but i still collect them for the sake of it (games and cards)

i_amtrunks
4th October 2012, 09:22 PM
Not wanting to be a psuedo-mod but...Pokemons on OTCA (http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=10334)

Bidoofdude
4th October 2012, 09:24 PM
It's been a year (more) so mods, either link these threads or leave as is.

Kazza
11th October 2012, 10:07 PM
Add to my collection Black and White 2. Time to collect my Genesect

i_amtrunks
11th October 2012, 11:19 PM
Add to my collection Black and White 2. Time to collect my Genesect

For some reason (ie Ninty Aus blow) it's still not available. Might be that I'm trying with Black (White II is coming from ozgameshop) but it is still meant to be downloadable.

I think alot of people may have missed out on the event MLP pokemon too, thanks to terrible new releases regarding events.

Also nabbed the Pokemon dream radar. It is crap.

Kazza
11th October 2012, 11:27 PM
For some reason (ie Ninty Aus blow) it's still not available. Might be that I'm trying with Black (White II is coming from ozgameshop) but it is still meant to be downloadable.

I think alot of people may have missed out on the event MLP pokemon too, thanks to terrible new releases regarding events.

Also nabbed the Pokemon dream radar. It is crap.

I follow serebii.net, it tells you when event pokemon are available and genesect is only for black and white 2, not for black and white original.

i_amtrunks
12th October 2012, 08:39 AM
I follow serebii.net, it tells you when event pokemon are available and genesect is only for black and white 2, not for black and white original.

That would explain it. Funny how the blurb for genesect from the ninty email says he will work in black/white, but then don't make him available for download for those games! :rolleyes:

Bidoofdude
12th October 2012, 08:29 PM
Gonna pick up white 2 on Sunday as well as my Genesect. Can't wait. I really don't want to get hooked again!!!:mad::p

Kazza
12th October 2012, 11:35 PM
Downloaded Genesect, he is pretty cool:D

Kazza
15th October 2012, 07:06 PM
Just curious which starter people pick? I have an affinity to fire. But cause i always buy both versions, my 2nd type is always water.

Bidoofdude
15th October 2012, 08:36 PM
I always pick fire. ALWAYS. Actually it's kinda coincidental in my case since I happen to like them the best as they come round. *shrug*

Kazza
17th October 2012, 11:01 AM
I always pick fire. ALWAYS. Actually it's kinda coincidental in my case since I happen to like them the best as they come round. *shrug*

I usually pick them cause they are the strongest and fastest (except in 3rd gen blaziken being slower than sceptile and 5th gen emboar being slower than both serperior and samurott) But I do like the water combo of surf and ice beam. Grass has just never appealed to me except for sceptile.

Firestorm
23rd October 2012, 01:35 AM
As a kid I always picked Fire type starters
Red and Fire Red I picked Charmander
Gold and Heart Gold I picked Cyndaquil
Ruby I picked Torchic
more recently the fire types haven't interested me
Diamond I picked Turtwig (Grass Type)
Black I picked Oshawott (Water Type)

Kazza
23rd October 2012, 12:28 PM
As a kid I always picked Fire type starters
Red and Fire Red I picked Charmander
Gold and Heart Gold I picked Cyndaquil
Ruby I picked Torchic
more recently the fire types haven't interested me
Diamond I picked Turtwig (Grass Type)
Black I picked Oshawott (Water Type)

I actually like Chimchars final evolution Infernape (4th gen fire starter), Blaziken (blaze chicken as i like to call it is also good competitively), but i find Emboar lacking compare to the other two fire final evolutions, I wish gamefreak/nintendo would use new type starters instead of fire/fighting for 3 gen's in a row.

KalEl
23rd October 2012, 10:20 PM
anyone interested in buying cards

Kazza
23rd October 2012, 10:50 PM
anyone interested in buying cards

Quite possibly as i collect these as well, what set do you own? I'm guessing base, jungle, fossil and earlier. If you could provide a list that would be great.

KalEl
23rd October 2012, 11:41 PM
i have all 152 original pokemon plus various others, pm me a wants list if you have one

Kazza
24th October 2012, 05:21 PM
i have all 152 original pokemon plus various others, pm me a wants list if you have one

I don't particularly have a wants list. Also some cards from later sets i already own. But if you have the entire base set which i believe is 126 cards including trainer cards and energies, i may buy that off you. Just curious, have they been played with or straight from a booster pack and put into a sleeve? (rare cards).

Also the original pokemon consist of 151;)

KalEl
24th October 2012, 05:26 PM
I don't particularly have a wants list. Also some cards from later sets i already own. But if you have the entire base set which i believe is 126 cards including trainer cards and energies, i may buy that off you. Just curious, have they been played with or straight from a booster pack and put into a sleeve? (rare cards).

Also the original pokemon consist of 151;)

95% are in perfect condition, would you be interested in the base set of the 151?

Kazza
24th October 2012, 05:47 PM
95% are in perfect condition, would you be interested in the base set of the 151?

Opps i was wrong there was 102 cards in the base set

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Base_Set_(TCG)

Check the left column and let me know if you have those cards, cause what i think you have are the right pokemon, but some different series, e.g. some from base, jungle, fossil, maybe some from rocket, neo destinies etc.

Kazza
28th October 2012, 02:45 PM
4 badges in, but it just hit me 649 pokemon... cbf filling in the pokedex

Bidoofdude
28th October 2012, 08:25 PM
Damn. I need to get it so I can start. I feel so far behind. :(

Kazza
31st October 2012, 11:06 PM
Got 5 badges, and i'm surprised you can catch Volcarona so early in the game.

Kazza
9th January 2013, 08:40 PM
Generation 6 pokemon confirmed by serebii.net and nintendo, games will be named wait for it....

Pokemon X version and Pokemon Y version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIrWryFc7A&feature=player_embedded

Yes they have run out of names for their games.:rolleyes: However the game looks really good as its taken the full approach in 3D exploration and battling. I wonder how many pokemon there will be now. (currently 649)

Bidoofdude
9th January 2013, 08:50 PM
The graphics look alright and everything, but I have the feeling it's starting to become more like the anime. Doesn't exactly look like my cup of tea.
I'd say the only good starter is the frog, although he needs to lose the stache.
I have mixed feelings. I hope it's still challenging.

i_amtrunks
9th January 2013, 08:52 PM
At least 11 new pokemon. :p

I'm interested but slightly annoyed, it is less than a year after BW2, so not a lot of time to get the full pokedex in that before the new game.

None of the starters are all that appealing to me, will have to wait to see evolutions, typing and base stats will probably make my decision for me for the first time. Sad that the starters all are so bland and unappealing. The water starter reminds me of Palpitoad, the Fire starter of Zorua and the grass starter is like a patrat wearing a green hat.

Unless we get something new type wise for the starters (not, Grass poison, water ground or fire fighting), I will be feeling that more than ever that the developers have run out of fresh ideas.

Kazza
9th January 2013, 08:55 PM
At least 11 new pokemon. :p

I'm interested but slightly annoyed, it is less than a year after BW2, so not a lot of time to get the full pokedex in that before the new game.

None of the starters are all that appealing to me, will have to wait to see evolutions, typing and base stats will probably make my decision for me for the first time. Sad that the starters all are so bland and unappealing. The water starter reminds me of Palpitoad, the Fire starter of Zorua and the grass starter is like a patrat wearing a green hat.

Unless we get something new type wise for the starters (not, Grass poison, water ground or fire fighting), I will be feeling that more than ever that the developers have run out of fresh ideas.

Felt like the idea of fresh has run out along time ago.:rolleyes: I don't mind the Frog though.

Bidoofdude
9th January 2013, 09:01 PM
Chespin is probably poison, as he looks like a horse Chestnut. Horse chestnuts are highly poisonous. This feels more like a movie to me. I don't exactly like the idea of it relying on graphics, so we'll see what it holds.
I am not as excited. I freaked out (not good) when I saw the starters. :(
Let's hope there's something good about this.

i_amtrunks
9th January 2013, 09:05 PM
Looks like it is set in western Europe too. The electric rat was on the Eiffel tower at the start of the announcement vid, then some in game buildings look like the Eiffel tower, Lourve and Notre Dame.

Don't know about the desert area, could that be the southwest area between France and Spain? Maybe in the north West will be some damp, always raining little islands full of pale Pokemon? :p

Legendaries are dull too. One is an oversized Sawsbuck and the other is a black and red bird... not like there has ever been a bird legendary before.

Autocon
9th January 2013, 09:06 PM
Generation 6 pokemon confirmed by serebii.net and nintendo, games will be named wait for it....

Yes they have run out of names for their games.:rolleyes: However the game looks really good as its taken the full approach in 3D exploration and battling. I wonder how many pokemon there will be now. (currently 649)

They wont stop till they hit 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Quickstrike
9th January 2013, 09:26 PM
Well, I'm probably going to buy a 3DS in October.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
9th January 2013, 09:53 PM

They say you will encounter wild Pokemon and rivals via street pass too. Really looking forward to this as I really haven't played Pokemon since gold/silver

i_amtrunks
9th January 2013, 09:56 PM
They say you will encounter wild Pokemon and rivals via street pass too. Really looking forward to this as I really haven't played Pokemon since gold/silver

That would require other people to have streetpass on. I barely ever find anyone these days. It will be like an updated pokewalker from HG/SS if you can encounter wild pokes while walking.

Paulbot
9th January 2013, 09:58 PM
I haven't even started Black yet, let alone Black/White2. I can't keep up with you Master Trainers. I do want to get a 3DS eventually, but am patient and will wait for a good price.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
9th January 2013, 09:59 PM
That would require other people to have streetpass on. I barely ever find anyone these days. It will be like an updated pokewalker from HG/SS if you can encounter wild pokes while walking.

True I haven't carried my 3DS around for ages but maybe this will be the killer app that gets people back into it. Maybe EBgames will have free street pass Pokemon or pokeballs instore

KalEl
9th January 2013, 10:01 PM
Ive been waiting for these games to buy a 3ds, so yay!

Kazza
9th January 2013, 10:44 PM
I too have been waiting for a game to test out my 3DS properly as the only other games i have for it are The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Tales of the Abyss.

Paulbot
21st January 2013, 09:21 PM
Hey Pokemon Masters, is it worth playing Black2/White2? I read it's a new story and some new features, but with it being the same location and basically the same pokedex, I'm thinking it's easily skipped.

Kazza
21st January 2013, 09:26 PM
Hey Pokemon Masters, is it worth playing Black2/White2? I read it's a new story and some new features, but with it being the same location and basically the same pokedex, I'm thinking it's easily skipped.

It better as you encounter pokemon from gen 1-5 without waiting for post-game, no fixed generation of pokemon, rather its the national dex right of the bat.

i_amtrunks
21st January 2013, 10:04 PM
If you havent bought/played Black or White, get into BW2, no need to play the first game, my missus didnt and loved BW2 (her first pokemon game).

If you didnt overly enjoy Black/White then you may not enjoy BW2. I thought they would be largely similar, but they are vastly different, the cities are more or less the same, but the gyms, routes and available pokemon are different. There are lots of legendaries from previous generations (and more if you get the dream radar) as well as pokemon that would be otherwise difficult to get in gen 5.

Overall I've enjoyed BW2, the Join Avenue and other online related additions are fantastic and refreshing, and the changes to routes and gyms are not cosmetic, I really enjoyed the challenges and new areas throughout the game (eg. BW2 start in a new area to the south west, while the original starting area in the south east is only accesible post game). You also get a proper pre-elite 4 training areas and a decent story, that is more fun and interesting than the original BW.

If you have time to squeeze in 50-60 hours before X and Y give it a go.

Bidoofdude
21st January 2013, 10:41 PM
I've finished White, so is it worth paying the $50 to continue. It's fair yet feels like seeing parts of a movie.

Paulbot
21st January 2013, 11:01 PM
White2/Black2 are currently on sale for $44 at JB. Which prompted my question. I haven't even opened my copy of Black. Considering not doing so, selling it, and getting Black2 now.

From the sounds of it (the national pokedex, more legendary pokemon, adjusted gyms) Black2/White2 really is "Pokemon Grey" but they've two games lets them get a bit extra cash.

With X/Y I might be smarter and hold out until Pokemon Z comes out :)

i_amtrunks
22nd January 2013, 09:53 AM
From the sounds of it (the national pokedex, more legendary pokemon, adjusted gyms) Black2/White2 really is "Pokemon Grey" but they've two games lets them get a bit extra cash.

Hit the nail on the head.

I liked black and white, the starters were underwhelming, but being in a region that had only new Pokémon until after the elite 4 was exciting, and an elite 4 that you only beat because they had just been obliterated by a rival was interesting.

BW2 was better, more interesting twists on the locales, more fun seeing what previous gen Pokémon were where etc. you cannot get the 3psuedo legendaries thunderous, landorous and tornadus, but buy the dream radar for $4 and you get them plus another dozen or so exclusive Pokémon.

I'd get bw2 since you've played previous games and will have previous gen Pokemon you'll want to catch.

I'm amazed that X and Y are coming out so soon, I expected a rejigged ruby sapphire game first.

Kazza
22nd January 2013, 10:15 AM
Here's a funny pokemon comic.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/173760cccfaf6c78bb9dd9490a377e83/tumblr_mghco4dQI11qzfe0ko1_500.png

i_amtrunks
23rd January 2013, 04:39 PM
Keldeo will be available for BW2 from the 25th via wifi.

Only able to get the resolute form in BW2, somehow. Sure Serebii or similar will have info up soon.

Bidoofdude
23rd January 2013, 04:48 PM
I have yet to buy W2...:( I don't have any money.:(

Hursticon
23rd January 2013, 05:32 PM
I have yet to buy W2...:( I don't have any money.:(

I hear you dude; after reacquiring R/B/Y all with their original boxes, along with Ruby, I can't afford to grab B/W or their sequels ATM either. :o

Bidoofdude
24th January 2013, 01:17 PM
I hear you dude; after reacquiring R/B/Y all with their original boxes, along with Ruby, I can't afford to grab B/W or their sequels ATM either. :o

I've got white so I already have a Keldeo. I suddenly calmed down so much.

Kazza
26th January 2013, 12:38 AM
I downloaded it on both black and white 2. Hmm I'm just thinking how i hated that the in-game battle tower won't let you enter legendary type pokemon. If I went through the trouble of catching a legendary without use of masterball, than i intend to use that legendary for all aspects in-game.

KalEl
3rd February 2013, 12:51 AM
How do i get kaldeo and also i made the mistake of buying some pokemon cards and now i've falling down the rabbit hole hahahahaha

Kazza
3rd February 2013, 01:39 AM
Oh no Kalel...hahaha, well you reignited my lust for card collecting once again, i've bought a further 3000 cards mainly from bulk buying.

With Keldeo, have you set up your wifi with black2/white2? Once that is done, just go to mystery gift and choose to receive gift via wi-fi connection (WFC) and the ds/3ds will automatically search for event and the keldeo event should pop up, choose to accept gift and it will download into your game. Than enter any pokemon centre and to the left near the entrance should be a green guy (delivery man) that will give you the keldeo.

KalEl
3rd February 2013, 02:04 AM
Oh no Kalel...hahaha, well you reignited my lust for card collecting once again, i've bought a further 3000 cards mainly from bulk buying.

With Keldeo, have you set up your wifi with black2/white2? Once that is done, just go to mystery gift and choose to receive gift via wi-fi connection (WFC) and the ds/3ds will automatically search for event and the keldeo event should pop up, choose to accept gift and it will download into your game. Than enter any pokemon centre and to the left near the entrance should be a green guy (delivery man) that will give you the keldeo.

Thank you! Ima try that now, i'll let you know!

KalEl
3rd February 2013, 02:45 AM
It worked!

Paulbot
16th February 2013, 03:52 PM
Was able to get White 2 today cheapily ($30 new) so once I finish the remaining half of HeartGold and all of Black, I'll be checking it out.

Bidoofdude
16th February 2013, 03:55 PM
I'm still yet to get White 2. I feel so left out.:o
I guess it's for the best, as I'd probably get addicted to Pokemon again...:rolleyes::D

KalEl
16th February 2013, 07:23 PM
Was able to get White 2 today cheapily ($30 new) so once I finish the remaining half of HeartGold and all of Black, I'll be checking it out.

wow $30 is a good price man, where from

Paulbot
16th February 2013, 08:50 PM
wow $30 is a good price man, where from

Dick Smith. I think they aren't stocking video games anymore so they are clearing out their remaining stock.

KalEl
16th February 2013, 10:19 PM
Dick Smith. I think they aren't stocking video games anymore so they are clearing out their remaining stock.

might have to have a look

Kazza
19th March 2013, 12:10 AM
Just downloaded Meolotta on Black/White/Black2/White2 from ebgames instore via wireless connection in mystery gift. Event pokemon available until 19th of april.

Kazza
7th April 2013, 06:28 PM
New Mewtwo form (or possibly a standalone pokemon)

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Bidoofdude
7th April 2013, 07:29 PM
That looks cool and ridiculous at the same time!:D;)

Kazza
7th April 2013, 07:32 PM
I'm excited cause mewtwo has always been my favorite legendary pokemon (grew up with 1st gen), if it runs an alternate form with different stats, than i wouldn't mind that. (physical attacker would be nice)

Golden Phoenix
7th April 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm thinking it might be a new Pokemon. The lead up to it said they were revealing a brand new Pokemon. They said post release that it has a connection to Mewtwo (http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mysterious_new_Pok%C3%A9mon_announced_on_Pok%C3%A9 mon_Smash!). Maybe this is a "MewThree" sort of thing.

BigTransformerTrev
7th April 2013, 09:18 PM
I remember MANY years ago when I used to buy the gaming magazine 'Gamepro' - one of the letters to the editor was about how they should make a Pokemon game but like the Deer Hunter series where you are hunting with rifles and shotguns in the forest but instead of hunting innocent creatures you were hunting and killing Pokemon.

I liked that :p;)

Kazza
13th June 2013, 04:46 AM
New trailer of gameplay plus information on the new 'Fairy' type.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/gmywDbnC5oc

Kazza
30th August 2013, 11:01 PM
Shiny Dialga now available at ebgames for download (2 weeks only) on Black, White, Black 2 and White 2.

Kazza
12th September 2013, 09:05 PM
Lots of X & Y news. Hell yeah to Mega Charizard and Garchomp, though I thought it was rather annoying to have Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

i_amtrunks
12th September 2013, 11:15 PM
Not a big fan of any of the mid level new starters forms. Hopefully, final forms are better or it'll be an easy choice to go with one of the originals.

Golden Phoenix
13th September 2013, 12:50 PM
I like the look of the frog. The grass mid-evolution looks like a pinata.

Paulbot
13th September 2013, 01:02 PM
Shiny Dialga now available at ebgames for download (2 weeks only) on Black, White, Black 2 and White 2.

I forgot about this, so glad this thread got a bump. I'm gonna see if I can still get it tonight.

Paulbot
13th September 2013, 04:06 PM
I missed the Dialga, but can get the Shiny Palkia and then a Shiny Giratina in a couple of weeks.

KalEl
13th September 2013, 05:03 PM
I missed the Dialga, but can get the Shiny Palkia and then a Shiny Giratina in a couple of weeks.

im not bothering... i'm guessing they are just the same as the older versions so its more getting them to say you have to shiny ones?

Golden Phoenix
13th September 2013, 05:06 PM

I got 3 if you want one.

Paulbot
13th September 2013, 06:21 PM
im not bothering... i'm guessing they are just the same as the older versions so its more getting them to say you have to shiny ones?

I don't have any of them I think. Had a look at White2 this morning and I have less than 10 Pokemon in total in that game. Need to play it some more actually.

I got 3 if you want one.

Sure, why not!

Bidoofdude
13th September 2013, 10:37 PM
I really only want Giratina myself, so I'm not too fussed over the other two. ;)

Kazza
13th September 2013, 11:49 PM
New trailer highlighting the news I mentioned in previous post.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/3qQPNO9D8rw

Kazza
9th October 2013, 12:47 PM
Charizard finally getting a dual Fire/Dragon typing even if only a Mega Evolution.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/megaevolutions.shtml

i_amtrunks
9th October 2013, 02:04 PM
Shiny Girantina event ends on Friday too. Head down to an EB games (only reason anyone ever should!)

I'm a bit weirded out with the upcoming X and Y games, usually I've had 6 or more months to get through the translations to figure out an idea of my team for the game, since I usually like to try and play through with all new pokemon. This time around I've been very good and not spoiled anything other than what Nintendo have released.

Not sure which starter to go for, but other than B/W I've always gone Grass on first playthrough and I figure that the final Evolution will be Grass fighting or grass dark so it'll be something different and potentially useful!

Golden Phoenix
9th October 2013, 03:09 PM
Not sure which starter to go for, but other than B/W I've always gone Grass on first playthrough and I figure that the final Evolution will be Grass fighting or grass dark so it'll be something different and potentially useful!

There have been some leaks that show the types of the final evolutions of the starters. Highlight the text next to the main type to see what they end up as if you are interested.
Grass / Fighting
Fire / Psychic
Water / Dark

I normally go Water, and I am going to continue that trend as the Froakie's final form looks badass.

Kazza
9th October 2013, 07:29 PM
I usually buy both versions, so i'll be restarting several times to get each pokemon and trade them over so that each game has all 3 starters.:D

Heads up, target is selling it for $49 so price match if your getting it elsewhere.

http://files.ozbargain.com.au/upload/108471/18335/pokexy.jpg

i_amtrunks
9th October 2013, 08:23 PM
Big W has a sale price of $44. I pre-ordered at Target, so not unhappy with $5 more. Doubt they'll run out of stock for X and Y like many stores (bar EB) did for Disney Infinity!

Gutsman Heavy
9th October 2013, 10:33 PM
I usually buy both versions, so i'll be restarting several times to get each pokemon and trade them over so that each game has all 3 starters.:D[/url]

There is always this (http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/4/4803362/pokemon-bank-poke-transporter-release-date-price) @ $5 a year I'll sign up.

Firestorm
9th October 2013, 11:28 PM
pre-ordered my copy of X version at Target and will be picking it up first thing Saturday morning :)
I've been a good boy this time and not spoiled anything other than what Nintendo themselves have revealed
I'll be starting with Chespin. not sure who else I will catch but can't wait to explore the Kalos region and find all types of cool new Pokémon :D

Shirokaze
10th October 2013, 12:28 AM
It's fantastic to get a game release on Saturday. Means I'm not late into work picking up my copy and have all day to play it :D

Kazza
10th October 2013, 01:18 AM
There is always this (http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/4/4803362/pokemon-bank-poke-transporter-release-date-price) @ $5 a year I'll sign up.

I always buy both versions, I have every single main pokemon game. Though the pokemon bank is definitely nice and possibly needed, as I recall there is more pokemon than pc boxes to store them in.

i_amtrunks
10th October 2013, 08:42 AM
I always buy both versions, I have every single main pokemon game. Though the pokemon bank is definitely nice and possibly needed, as I recall there is more pokemon than pc boxes to store them in.

The bank has 3000 slots for Pokemons. In the game itself there may not be enough space in the PC for 1 of every pokemon, that is yet to be seen. (and mighty silly if it is true)

I'm hoping that because my local Target is open 24/7 I can wander down after 12.01 Saturday and pick it up. Not overly confident on it though. :rolleyes:

Gouki
12th October 2013, 12:00 PM
Picked up Pokemon Y (and my man got X) at K-Mart at 12:01 this morning.

Wasn't happy that they said they'd been selling them since the afternoon, "got an email from Nintendo" he claimed when I asked about the embargo. You know, after being surprised that someone would ask him about it, and stumbled over his words for a bit.

I can see why Nintendo were so proud of the game and wanted a global simultaneous release. It's brilliant. So thank you, all of your greedy selfish people who couldn't wait--they'll never do this again. But at least you've proven to everyone how big you are.

Kazza
12th October 2013, 04:02 PM
I also picked up both X and Y from ebgames, priced match to big w $44 each, and they let me keep the pre-order bonus, 2 pokeball game cartridge holders. Usually when you price match, they remove the pre-order bonus. So I lucked out today.:D

Gouki
12th October 2013, 04:21 PM
Social game of the year, hands down. Connected to the internet for five seconds and suddenly I'm chatting to people from Japan; trading, complimenting and being complimented. I'm really impressed.

I love the way that Passersby move to 'acquaintances' once you've interacted with them so you can keep track of the people who aren't quite friends, but you still hang with.

Froakie is my starter.

Friend Code: 3625-8867-2827 brodes

Kazza
12th October 2013, 09:27 PM
I started with Fennikin on X, but will be playing through Y 5 times, just to get each starter for each version, plus the mega kanto starters. Also looks like charizard x and y arent exclusive, you can trade the item they hold, which is call Charizardite X and Charizardite Y.

Firestorm
12th October 2013, 11:41 PM
Picked up X version first thing this morning and played it pretty much all day,
I started with Chespin

Kazza
13th October 2013, 01:22 AM
Have you guys tried trading yet? I'm having difficulty trading between X and Y, don't know why, could it be a bad cartridge?

Gouki
13th October 2013, 01:39 AM
I've traded twice. Went off without a hitch. It was over the net though, not local.

Kazza
13th October 2013, 01:53 AM
Also any issue when trying to quit the software? When I click home, sometimes it may freeze.

Gouki
13th October 2013, 08:33 AM
I haven't had anything like that happen. Sounds like you might have a dodgy cart, unfortunately. Hope you'll be able to get it replaced.

i_amtrunks
13th October 2013, 09:28 AM
Played a few hours of Y last night, this game is brilliant, and not just for pokemon.

It has a real nostalgia feel to it, with so many original 150 being available in similar spots to red/blue. Plus that first forest is almost a copy of Viridian but being in 3d it makes it seem different. Loving the 3d models, they look brilliant, they made sure to make pikachu incredibly cute, there'll be many a person spending a lot of time in make patting and feeding their electric rats.

Picked chespin. And I think I have spent almost as much time in training, random trading (love it) and amie as I have in the game. The way exp works now is a game changer, no longer is it split evenly among who fights, everyone gets the same amount no matter what their level or how many fighters participate. The exp all is a big boost to early game grinding!

Don't forget to mystery gift yourself Torchic.

Might be time to resurrect the friend code page.

Kazza
13th October 2013, 11:47 AM
I haven't had anything like that happen. Sounds like you might have a dodgy cart, unfortunately. Hope you'll be able to get it replaced.

Nah all is good now i think, updated my 2nd 3ds and was able to trade fine, still getting the long pauses when I press home though. Horay i have 2 charmanders with chrizardite X and Y, an Adamant and Modest Nature one.:)

Golden Phoenix
13th October 2013, 12:53 PM
You know my favourite thing about these new Pokemon games.
How damn fast the game saves!

I had to save 3 times last night because I didn't believe it when it said "your game has been saved"

i_amtrunks
13th October 2013, 02:38 PM
GTS is back to their old shenanigans, who would trade a lvl 100 legendary or starter for a lvl one starter with a bad nature? People are idiots sometimes.

With hacking and transferring of older gen pokemons unavailable it gives us a good window to trade online for the other starters (once breeded) that we know are legit.

Now to play long enough to breed and trade for the other starters! (I contemplated restarting 3 times to get all the Kano starters, but having too much fun with the game, and I don't trust the missus to not utilise them on her cartridge! ;))

Paulbot
13th October 2013, 04:06 PM
I was going to wait but Ive only seen good things about these games all weekend. Went to buy today and everywhere that had it for under $50 was sold out.

i_amtrunks
13th October 2013, 04:15 PM
EB will price match the big w pro if they have it in stock. Probably your best option seeing how many stores they have around.

kurdt_the_goat
13th October 2013, 04:30 PM
EB refused to pricematch Big W yesterday afternoon claiming it was sold out.. so i went to Big W and it was ... apparently at all stores, within an hour. So your mileage may vary. I went back to EB and pricematched to Target's $49 instead.

Kazza
13th October 2013, 05:05 PM
I was going to wait but Ive only seen good things about these games all weekend. Went to buy today and everywhere that had it for under $50 was sold out.

EB on swanston st are really lax with their price match, all i did was take a photo of the catalogue with my phone, and the clerk price matched for me. Could always try it that way...

Gouki
13th October 2013, 06:29 PM
I think I'm addicted to Wonder Trading.

i_amtrunks
13th October 2013, 10:52 PM
I think I'm addicted to Wonder Trading.

I am too. Unfortunately I have awful luck with it, best I've gotten was a gible after a near hour long trade chain, trading over 50 times, getting numerous ledyba, skitty, bunelby, weedle etc finally got something decent. Of course a mate visits for tea, gets a bagon first time out, then a bulbasuar and after a triple trade an axew! :rolleyes:

12 hours in and I think I've only spent about 4 tops on in game, just defeated the behemoth on route 7, so not even up to second badge, love the big gap between badges.

Gutsman Heavy
13th October 2013, 10:59 PM
Braixen's "happy place" in poke amie is awkward...

Gouki
13th October 2013, 11:05 PM
So has anybody noticed in the PSS occasionally your Acquaintances and Passersby occasionally have a yellow or red glowing circle around them? I would not be wrong in assuming this means they are using an O-Power right?

Heh, Froakie get's a really unimpressed look in his face if you try and rub his belly. The proportions of him being a frog makes it look like you're rubbing elsewhere so the face is quite fitting...

Kazza
14th October 2013, 02:13 AM
I read that once you reach a certain part of the game, theres a safari zone, but its based of Friend Codes (FC) you have registered. So i figure this might be a good time to start adding each other on the 3ds friend register list. Here's mine, 1075-0747-8421 (Kazza)

Paulbot
14th October 2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the tips. I ended up ordering online from Big W (same price as Kmart after shipping costs) particuarly given the "must be in stock in a store in the same shopping centre" type excuses that get added on when you try to price match most of the time!

Now I just have to wait for it to arrive and spend the time trying to decide on which starter Pokemon to choose (since I won't be getting two games and I don't have two DS!).

I'm looking forward to downloading Torchic since I missed the Ruby/Sapphire generation completely.

i_amtrunks
14th October 2013, 07:11 PM
My friend code: 1461-7622-4140

If you hold a cupcake above pikachu's head he gets very disappointed, and will even try to snatch it from you.

Kazza
15th October 2013, 04:10 AM
My friend code: 1461-7622-4140

If you hold a cupcake above pikachu's head he gets very disappointed, and will even try to snatch it from you.

Added you mate.:)

Shirokaze
15th October 2013, 02:20 PM
So I sat down last night with my copy of Y and sadly it seems my 3DS battery has shat itself. Really annoyed since while it's over a year old I've barely used it. :mad:

Anyone used one of those new 2DS? Might consider it to get playing asap.

i_amtrunks
15th October 2013, 06:46 PM
So I sat down last night with my copy of Y and sadly it seems my 3DS battery has shat itself. Really annoyed since while it's over a year old I've barely used it. :mad:

Anyone used one of those new 2DS? Might consider it to get playing asap.

Might be worth contacting nintendo, that sounds like it may still be covered under warranty.

Bought my brother in law the 2DS so he could play Pokemons, and it feels nice in the hands, well balanced and the buttons are great. The screens are the same size as the original 3DS, not the XL.
Only negative I have is that it doesn't fit nicely into pockets (doesn't fit in many pockets at all) and you'll need a case if you are planning to put it in a bag or with anything else ever as the screens have no protection.

Shirokaze
15th October 2013, 07:27 PM
Might be worth contacting nintendo, that sounds like it may still be covered under warranty.

Bought my brother in law the 2DS so he could play Pokemons, and it feels nice in the hands, well balanced and the buttons are great. The screens are the same size as the original 3DS, not the XL.
Only negative I have is that it doesn't fit nicely into pockets (doesn't fit in many pockets at all) and you'll need a case if you are planning to put it in a bag or with anything else ever as the screens have no protection.

Sadly my 3DS is one of the originals from before the big price drop, so I doubt they would cover it :( I have a feeling it died because I didn't use it enough. Haven't played it since Mario Kart 7 :p

I'm glad it feels nice and is well balanced, that's exactly what I needed to know. I'll pick one up this evening, thanks mate :D

Golden Phoenix
15th October 2013, 08:07 PM
Sadly my 3DS is one of the originals from before the big price drop, so I doubt they would cover it :( I have a feeling it died because I didn't use it enough. Haven't played it since Mario Kart 7 :p

I'm glad it feels nice and is well balanced, that's exactly what I needed to know. I'll pick one up this evening, thanks mate :D

You could use this as an excuse to upgrade to a 3DS XL. They are so much better than the normal 3DS. Just the bigger size fits so much better in your hands.

Dkaris
15th October 2013, 08:40 PM
My copy of X is broken. Saved in lumios city, now when i load the save file my character loads and everything but the surrounding environment eg buildings etc dont load its all pixelated. my touch screen doesnt work and i have to hard reset to get out of it.

tldr dont save in lumous city

Kazza
16th October 2013, 02:04 PM
My copy of X is broken. Saved in lumios city, now when i load the save file my character loads and everything but the surrounding environment eg buildings etc dont load its all pixelated. my touch screen doesnt work and i have to hard reset to get out of it.

tldr dont save in lumous city

Yeah i've been reading about this game breaking issue and when i go through there i dont save out on the main street, it also causes glitches to other things, e.g. pressing home freezes game. More details on the bug below, good thing nintendo are aware and are working on a patch to fix it.

http://global.christianpost.com/news/pokemon-x-and-y-save-glitch-freezes-game-and-3ds-patch-fix-coming-soon-106656/

You have an alternative to delete save file on title screen by hitting UP+X+B and start a new game.

Golden Phoenix
19th October 2013, 11:42 PM
I found myself actually agreeing with the motives of the bad guy in this one. He actually has a point....Does that make me a bad person? :P

Friend code for me is: 0645-6118-4890 - Donovan
Add me, I need more people for the Safari Zone thingy.

Kazza
19th October 2013, 11:56 PM
I found myself actually agreeing with the motives of the bad guy in this one. He actually has a point....Does that make me a bad person? :P

Friend code for me is: 0645-6118-4890 - Donovan
Add me, I need more people for the Safari Zone thingy.

Added.:)

Ae-Evolution
29th October 2013, 10:58 PM
My code, 3093 8111 8806. I got Y and I really like trading, so if you need anything just ask.

Kazza
30th October 2013, 01:18 AM
My code, 3093 8111 8806. I got Y and I really like trading, so if you need anything just ask.

Add you, please add me. I'll update a post with all current FC.

Kazza
30th October 2013, 01:21 AM
Current Friend Codes available:

1075-0747-8421 (Kazza)
1461-7622-4140 (i_amtrunks)
0645-6118-4890 (Golden_Phoenix)
3093-8111-8806 (Ae-Evolution)
2723-9102-9135 (kaiden)
1564-3359-7995 (paulbot)
3625-8867-2827 (Gouki)

kaiden
30th October 2013, 07:40 AM
My FC: 2723-9102-9135.

1075-0747-8421 (Kazza)
3625-8867-2827 (Gouki)

i've added everyone.

i_amtrunks
30th October 2013, 07:55 AM
Been unable to play for a while due to it being report season, but got a few hours play last night. Very happy to be given (then able to catch on the same route) a Lapras. Without really meaning too, I have overlevelled just while hunting for wild Pokemon so I have my 3rd badge, ready for my 4th (very short gap between the two) and I already have level 40-42 team members. Feels weird as in some games, you are nearly done by level 45!

Not a fan of the Northen Sea town (Couramine?) where you have to monorail between the two parts of the town. Why they cannot show the trip (in a skippable cutscene) feels like a waste.

Still nowhere near settled on a team, but will be resting Pidgeot and Talonflame after this gym, I think only my Starter and Lapras will stay till the elite 4. Doublade is a potential keeper, it is slow and has okay attack but the typing and shadow sneak make up for it.

Paulbot
30th October 2013, 10:21 AM
I missed the game on release weekend and had to order a copy. It's arrived and while I was going to wait, I need some cheering up so I started playing last night.

So far not too much different in the main game, but I'm still in that first forest levelling up my two Pokemon while I've got free healing on tap. From what I gather I probably don't need to spend too much time on that in this game.

I gave Wonder Trading a go last night and found that interesting. But the new Pokemon I got this way... they don't feel earned and I don't feel any attachment to them. So I just kept swapping away increasing my pokedex quite quickly.

The little mini-games and training are kinda fun but I'm not sure entirely how the training thing is helping the stats but I guess it will become apparent.

I wish I'd known the nickname would be used so often. I might have chosen something else!

Kazza
30th October 2013, 02:57 PM
I missed the game on release weekend and had to order a copy. It's arrived and while I was going to wait, I need some cheering up so I started playing last night.

So far not too much different in the main game, but I'm still in that first forest levelling up my two Pokemon while I've got free healing on tap. From what I gather I probably don't need to spend too much time on that in this game.

I gave Wonder Trading a go last night and found that interesting. But the new Pokemon I got this way... they don't feel earned and I don't feel any attachment to them. So I just kept swapping away increasing my pokedex quite quickly.

The little mini-games and training are kinda fun but I'm not sure entirely how the training thing is helping the stats but I guess it will become apparent.

I wish I'd known the nickname would be used so often. I might have chosen something else!

Don't worry about power levelling, the game is really generous especially once you get the EXP Share, as it doesn't cut the experience like it use to, instead it gives the same amount of exp to all pokemon. By the time I hit the 2nd gym I was already fully evolved on my starter. (3rd stage)

Paulbot
30th October 2013, 10:57 PM
Friend code 1564-3359-7995

The new ExpShare rocks! (particularly after spending the last week leveling up six Pokemon individually in HeartGold) And getting the other starters via GTS seems so much easier in this game, 5 starters so far.

Golden Phoenix
30th October 2013, 11:15 PM
Added ALL the codes!

Ae-Evolution
30th October 2013, 11:39 PM
Nice, added everybody. Anyways, I'm currently looking for a Aron/Larion, I'm willing to trade for a Pupitar. Pm me if you're interested.

Kazza
31st October 2013, 04:01 AM
The more FC's the more pokemon with their Hidden Abilities will show up in the friend safari and I really want a magic guard Abra or a protean Froakie.

Current Friend Codes available:

1075-0747-8421 (Kazza)
2723-9102-9135 (kaiden)
1564-3359-7995 (paulbot)
3625-8867-2827 (Gouki)
3437-3067-6774 (Gutsman Heavy)

Kazza
31st October 2013, 04:06 AM
Social game of the year, hands down. Connected to the internet for five seconds and suddenly I'm chatting to people from Japan; trading, complimenting and being complimented. I'm really impressed.

I love the way that Passersby move to 'acquaintances' once you've interacted with them so you can keep track of the people who aren't quite friends, but you still hang with.

Froakie is my starter.

Friend Code: 3625-8867-2827 brodes

Just flipped back a couple of pages and saw you put up your FC, I've updated list to include you as well. Just added you.

Am I missing anyone else?

Gutsman Heavy
6th November 2013, 09:06 PM
I've added all you peeps.

My code: 3437 3067 6774

Kazza
6th November 2013, 09:15 PM
I've added all you peeps.

My code: 3437 3067 6774

Add you and updated list.

Bidoofdude
10th November 2013, 12:30 PM
Just bagged my first mascot without using my Master Ball. Got me a Rayquaza. :)

Paulbot
10th November 2013, 01:25 PM
Cool. I just got the X legendary Pokemon last night, and unlike other games also didn't need a master ball. The hardest part was that my team was too strong and kept KOing it in two moves. Luckily it wanted a rematch instantly each time instead of running away.

Ae-Evolution
10th November 2013, 01:26 PM
Rayquaza isn't in the game? Legendaries are a lot easier to catch in Gen 6 just carry dusk balls and you're set.

Golden Phoenix
10th November 2013, 01:30 PM
Rayquaza isn't in the game? Legendaries are a lot easier to catch in Gen 6 just carry dusk balls and you're set.

They could be playing an older game.

i_amtrunks
10th November 2013, 04:46 PM
Cool. I just got the X legendary Pokemon last night, and unlike other games also didn't need a master ball. The hardest part was that my team was too strong and kept KOing it in two moves. Luckily it wanted a rematch instantly each time instead of running away.

Nice to see you have had a chance to play this one. I don't know if you'll be wanting to go back and play the older black and white games with their old sprite graphics!

Nearly finished my reports so I can get back to playing.

Ae-Evolution
10th November 2013, 05:39 PM
They could be playing an older game.

Kind of forgotten about them :P

Paulbot
10th November 2013, 06:16 PM
Nice to see you have had a chance to play this one. I don't know if you'll be wanting to go back and play the older black and white games with their old sprite graphics!

Nearly finished my reports so I can get back to playing.

I don't mind the sprite graphics, although the 3D characters make me want to Catch Em All in a way I haven't since playing Yellow.

I will miss the Exp All though. That is great. Between ordering Pokemon X and it arriving, I spent a week levelling up six Pokemon from around lv40 to lv50 so I could stand a chance with the HeartGold Elite Four. In X my core team were all past level 50 when I only had 5 or 6 gym badges. The grinding is the least appealing thing in the old games. This does kind of feel like a cheat as it makes the game easier, but it is so much better than grinding away.

Bidoofdude
24th November 2013, 12:27 PM
Took me four years, but finally caught Mesprit in Platinum with a quick ball. :)

Hursticon
24th November 2013, 12:30 PM
Took me four years, but finally caught Mesprit in Platinum with a quick ball. :)

No idea what that is but well done on the persistence dude! :cool:

Golden Phoenix
24th November 2013, 06:32 PM
No idea what that is but well done on the persistence dude! :cool:

Mesprit (http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/481.shtml) is one of the Legendary Trio Pokemon from Gen 4. It runs around the map making it a bit annoying to catch, like the Legendary Beast Trio from Gold/Silver.

Kazza
22nd January 2014, 11:50 PM
Anyone heard about a possible 7th generation of pokemon? Just recently stumble across this on youtube and googled for more information with some boards/forums discussing it.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18-Y0CSZxgc

Article
http://dualpixels.com/2014/01/06/rumor-geno-provides-information-supposed-next-gen-pokemon-games-plus-minus/

My theory is that this is actually X/Y part 2, as it could explain why they only released 72 new pokemon for gen 6th. These possible new games will introduce the rest of the new pokemon they had planned for 6th gen.

i_amtrunks
23rd January 2014, 08:20 AM
Sounds like many of the "new generation" rumours that have gone out throughout the years, especially all the "game changing" battle system.

Possibly parts of it are for a console (Wii U) Pokemon game, but I doubt that there will be all new pokemon made for that. The last console Pokemon games had their own region and had a twist on shinies in "shadow" pokemon.

Game freak have always said that Pokemon is a handheld game with any console games there only to supplement it, so any new Pokemon on a console just seems unlikely.

Some nice ideas in there, but there have been some awesome rumours throughout the years especially for Diamond/Pearl games.

Kazza
23rd January 2014, 12:57 PM
Sounds like many of the "new generation" rumours that have gone out throughout the years, especially all the "game changing" battle system.

Possibly parts of it are for a console (Wii U) Pokemon game, but I doubt that there will be all new pokemon made for that. The last console Pokemon games had their own region and had a twist on shinies in "shadow" pokemon.

Game freak have always said that Pokemon is a handheld game with any console games there only to supplement it, so any new Pokemon on a console just seems unlikely.

Some nice ideas in there, but there have been some awesome rumours throughout the years especially for Diamond/Pearl games.

While that is true, recently nintendo released their profit margin report which indicated they had to drop projected profit totals significantly. It could be a counter measure to increase sales on their console, and nintendo are known for doing 'innovative/gimmicky' things.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57617405-235/uh-oh-nintendo-cuts-wii-u-sales-forecast-by-69-percent/

i_amtrunks
16th February 2014, 10:06 PM
So downloaded pokemon bank and pokemon transfer to get my old diamond and black pokemons onto y to see the, in their 3d glory. It's free for the first 30 days hen $5 or so a year to keep your pokemon on a digital server. Not really useful once you have transferred them but if you are a big battler or breeder it would be very useful.

Got to say, going back to the sprite games on the 3DSXL screen was weird, the graphics in X/Y are a much better fit for pokemon!

Paulbot
1st April 2014, 04:52 PM
Who else is hunting Pokemon on the Google Maps app today? I've only found 20 so far, but once I leave work I'll be trying hard to catch all 150!

Golden Phoenix
1st April 2014, 10:49 PM
Who else is hunting Pokemon on the Google Maps app today? I've only found 20 so far, but once I leave work I'll be trying hard to catch all 150!

I'm sitting at about 85. I find going to other major cities in other countries helps. New York and Tokyo both have lots of Pokemon.

Paulbot
1st April 2014, 10:58 PM
I'm sitting at about 85. I find going to other major cities in other countries helps. New York and Tokyo both have lots of Pokemon.

I'm almost done, just need one more that I can't find. Frustrating to be so close!

swoop
24th April 2014, 05:56 PM
I finally have time to have a crack at x & y. I've added everyones friend code

My friend code is 5112-3514-9912.

Golden Phoenix
24th April 2014, 06:35 PM
Done and done.

i_amtrunks
9th May 2014, 11:10 PM
So the Ruby and Sapphire remakes have been announced for 3DS.

I'll be interested to find out more about further mega evolutions but to me the original Ruby and Sapphire were by far and away the worst generation in terms of gameplay, layout, pacing and story.

I cannot say I'll be getting these unless it is revealed there is a massive overhaul of the region. I hated the insanely boring surf sections with nothing but tentacool, with such weak early game pokemon, nigh unusable late game pokemon due to high level ups and a bare bones story that was dull to the point of shut-down. On top of that I hope this is genuinely compatible with X and Y, even though I know there will be some lengthy wasteful process or "pokemon bank" only way to get them from one game to the other. I have tired of transferring my hundreds of monsters from game to game, generation to generation.

Golden Phoenix
10th May 2014, 09:15 AM
So the Ruby and Sapphire remakes have been announced for 3DS.

I'll be interested to find out more about further mega evolutions but to me the original Ruby and Sapphire were by far and away the worst generation in terms of gameplay, layout, pacing and story.

I cannot say I'll be getting these unless it is revealed there is a massive overhaul of the region. I hated the insanely boring surf sections with nothing but tentacool, with such weak early game pokemon, nigh unusable late game pokemon due to high level ups and a bare bones story that was dull to the point of shut-down. On top of that I hope this is genuinely compatible with X and Y, even though I know there will be some lengthy wasteful process or "pokemon bank" only way to get them from one game to the other. I have tired of transferring my hundreds of monsters from game to game, generation to generation.

I gotta agree on not being the biggest fan of the Hoenn region and story.

I don't think you will have to worry about this not being compatible with X and Y. From what it looks like these are just remakes, so will likely be part of the same generation, much like the other remakes have been.

Bidoofdude
11th May 2014, 11:10 AM
I'm pretty excited, but I don't know which to get. I got Emerald, so there's no real way I can upgrade my old game. I might get both. If I have to get one, I'll have to see the version exclusives.

Mythirax
16th May 2014, 09:28 PM
I really need to finish pokemon Y. Purchased it on release, beat the 7th badge on the first day... but have yet to bring myself to pick it up, didn't want it to finish :( - Minus catching all the pokemon, (I spent one day trading all my Black and White 2 pokemon over via bank the other month). How much play time do all the side quests add?

Dkaris
16th May 2014, 11:56 PM
if anyone is after the cards with the codes for magmar and electobuzz pm me

i_amtrunks
17th May 2014, 10:15 AM
How much play time do all the side quests add?

An hour a night to collect all the mega stones.

Can't say I've bothered to do it, the post game for X. and Y does not seem worth it, especially considering that half of BW and bw2 game was post game.

Dead End
19th May 2014, 07:35 PM
I knew there'd be a pokemon thread here somewhere. I stopped at old skool gold but recently started again with Y. Got my team bred, but have lost motivation to level.

Gutsman Heavy
20th May 2014, 04:00 PM
if anyone is after the cards with the codes for magmar and electobuzz pm me

PM sent with the force of a 1000 suns

i_amtrunks
9th June 2014, 11:42 PM
Got my second ever shiny*... Just cruising along in Y and got a random shiny Spritzee. Not exactly a shiny I'd have wished for, but sure beats the shiny bibarel I had in diamond!

* not counting the shiny noctowl and Gyrados from silver that you got no matter what!

Golden Phoenix
10th June 2014, 11:36 AM
Got my second ever shiny*... Just cruising along in Y and got a random shiny Spritzee. Not exactly a shiny I'd have wished for, but sure beats the shiny bibarel I had in diamond!

* not counting the shiny noctowl and Gyrados from silver that you got no matter what!

There wasn't an 'always shiny' Noctowl in GSC.

Think you should make that a 3 count.

Dead End
25th June 2014, 05:04 PM
I got two in Y (clefairy and purple monkey) but only from friend safaris.

I think the encounter rate is boosted in FS though, especially when your friend is online.

I remember the Gyrados but not the shiny noctowl?

Bidoofdude
25th June 2014, 05:19 PM
There wasn't an 'always shiny' Noctowl in GSC.

Think you should make that a 3 count.

He must be so happy. I've only found 3 shinies in XY and one in HG. Shiny Clauncher and shiny (golden, hell yea) Magikarp from chain fishing, as well as a shiny Graveler I found while exiting Victory Road after training, which I master ball'd to be safe. I hatched a shiny Weedle via Masuda Method in HG. Events include Shiny Pichu (now Pikachu), Entei, Raikou, Suicune (all in multiples of 3). Got a cool Shiny Groudon for one of my spare Shaymin as well. :)

i_amtrunks
25th June 2014, 06:19 PM
So much effort! I am struggling to find time to complete the Kalos dex, let alone the national dex!

Becauses I've never been able to get any of the friend safari zones to complete (get the third slot unlocked), or bothered to go online to load more friend codes off strangers who will never be online anyway, I will be hard pressed to get the FS exclusive pokemon anyway! :D

Dead End
26th June 2014, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I really only used FS to get some Dittos for breeding, otherwise meh. There's too many pokemon for me to be bothered catching them all anymore.

i_amtrunks
1st July 2014, 07:18 PM
If any Melbournians are near the town hall on July 13th, the pokemon nationals are on, and it seems like one of the bonus items is a shiny mamoswine, only available there. Don't need to enter the comp, just be in the vicinity.

Friend safari requiring both parties friend codes suck. I've signed up to a friend safari reedit to try and get some more codes(pretty sure I've got all the ones here) but I have to hope that people whose codes I enter also enter mine! It's another one of the pokemon friend ideas that is a great concept (like entree) that just isn't worth the time to use unless you are at an event or have some other pokemon diehards as friends.

I hope the system is tweaked for ruby sapphire.

Bidoofdude
2nd July 2014, 04:58 PM
If any Melbournians are near the town hall on July 13th, the pokemon nationals are on, and it seems like one of the bonus items is a shiny mamoswine, only available there. Don't need to enter the comp, just be in the vicinity.

Friend safari requiring both parties friend codes suck. I've signed up to a friend safari reedit to try and get some more codes(pretty sure I've got all the ones here) but I have to hope that people whose codes I enter also enter mine! It's another one of the pokemon friend ideas that is a great concept (like entree) that just isn't worth the time to use unless you are at an event or have some other pokemon diehards as friends.

I hope the system is tweaked for ruby sapphire.

I should be there for the Mamoswine. I presume it's a previous winner's?

Dead End
11th July 2014, 10:16 PM
I got the fancy vivillon yesterday, saw japan is getting both the pokeball pattern and a shiny jiraichi! The only joy this brings me is the collective angst of pokemon fans who feel slighted.

My FC is 3754-7795-7796 if anyone wants to add (maybe pm me your FC and when you're on). I got ditto safari.

Bidoofdude
13th July 2014, 01:59 PM
I got the fancy vivillon yesterday, saw japan is getting both the pokeball pattern and a shiny jiraichi! The only joy this brings me is the collective angst of pokemon fans who feel slighted.

My FC is 3754-7795-7796 if anyone wants to add (maybe pm me your FC and when you're on). I got ditto safari.

Shiny Jirachi? That's crazy. Is this the first available shiny Jirachi?

Kazza
13th July 2014, 07:06 PM
I've spent so long trying to hatch a perfect shiny 5-6IV's froakie with protean, hatched a female one with torrent:rolleyes: Other shinies I've hatched are perfect 5IV zorua and 4IV charmander, also encountered 4 shinies in friend safari, paplitoad, krabby, shuckle and pansear.

i_amtrunks
13th July 2014, 09:29 PM
I know if you complete the deck you can get a shiny charm that makes hatching shinies much more likely.

I'm in the process of getting pokemon from diamond and silver into Y and while it's not difficult (bar needing two ds systems) it is annoying and requires too much time. I like pokemon bank, but utilising it as part of the transfer process is cumbersome!

Will be missing less than a dozen monsters by the time I eventually get the cross generation transfers done!

Kazza
14th July 2014, 04:36 AM
I know if you complete the deck you can get a shiny charm that makes hatching shinies much more likely.

I'm in the process of getting pokemon from diamond and silver into Y and while it's not difficult (bar needing two ds systems) it is annoying and requires too much time. I like pokemon bank, but utilising it as part of the transfer process is cumbersome!

Will be missing less than a dozen monsters by the time I eventually get the cross generation transfers done!

Hmm I thought it was unconfirmed if the shiny stone affects breeding. If it does, than I feel like a fool for breeding hundreds of froakie eggs...

Dead End
15th July 2014, 10:12 PM
Shiny Jirachi? That's crazy. Is this the first available shiny Jirachi?

I think so yeah. Serebii has more info on it, it's available in this town in Japan that has some star festival or something.

i_amtrunks
11th November 2014, 06:01 PM
So EB games, target, big w and jbhifi are all meant to have free cards with a code on them to get a legendary Diancie.

Funnily everyone is out of stock the day after it starts. Is it Nintendo giving out only one card a store, or some other low amount, staff nicking them, people hoarding them or what? I know pokemon is popular but it seems odd that the 10 different stores were all out so quickly. The shiny gengar promo was easy to find for the first week.

Mythirax
11th November 2014, 06:25 PM
So EB games, target, big w and jbhifi are all meant to have free cards with a code on them to get a legendary Diancie.

Funnily everyone is out of stock the day after it starts. Is it Nintendo giving out only one card a store, or some other low amount, staff nicking them, people hoarding them or what? I know pokemon is popular but it seems odd that the 10 different stores were all out so quickly. The shiny gengar promo was easy to find for the first week.

Really doesn't shock me to be honest.

Bidoofdude
11th November 2014, 08:00 PM

I got a Japanese Diancie through an event, I don't know if I can be stuffed.

Golden Phoenix
11th November 2014, 08:31 PM

Surely they would have more. If anything, they should have more coming.

Bidoofdude
11th November 2014, 10:04 PM
After playing my second Heartgold cartridge (found it:o), I broke something small inside. I was up to the Team Rocket radio tower and was having a hell of a time. It's a really small piece, so I can't fix it. :(:(

Sad times. I could always restart my first HG, but I've done so much on it. :mad:

Paulbot
19th November 2014, 09:14 PM
What are people getting Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby? (or both?!)

I've never played this Generation before so I will get one of them, just not sure which yet. Reviews seem good. Appears to be too early to know which Pokemon are version exclusives which would help me decide.

i_amtrunks
19th November 2014, 10:25 PM
I generally get whatever version has Houndoom.

Hoenn is my least favourite region, the new pokemon were overall meh, the region itself far too water focused, the rival useless and I never really got into contests and despised poke blocks.

That being said a bad pokemon game is still a good way to waste 40+ hours. I'm grabbing Sapphire as Kyogre is far more useful in such a water dominated game and will be picking Treecko as my starter to take advantage of the abundance of water pokemon. I'll catch or transfer an electric mon or teach a gengar thunderbolt like I usually do and the game will be a cinch.

Paulbot
21st November 2014, 08:35 PM
I ended up getting Omega Ruby and am looking forward to trying out a new region (to me). The big rock guy looked cooler. I may take your advice and choose the grass starter. I did that in X but ended up using two fire Pokemon more (and I assume I will eventually be able to bring over my Talonflame and Blaziken into this game).

http://33.media.tumblr.com/758af6d58501b867480938119cebd8b3/tumblr_nfdudpGZxp1qbguy1o1_500.jpg

i_amtrunks
25th November 2014, 10:19 PM
Wife got me Omega Sapphire for a surprise anniversary gift, only 2 hours in, but loving the dex hunting ability, a Mightena with thunderfang actually makes them somewhat useful, as does a taillow with steel wing!

Can see myself losing hours later on with a Breloom with Spore and false swipe hunting down special move variants.

Also make sure to use Mystery gift to get a shiny beldum, get it early and level it up with the EXP All!

Hursticon
28th November 2014, 12:23 PM
On a recent OpShop jaunt I came across these gems! :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3WhiqsCAAAj2v3.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3WiKiaCUAAR04F.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3WiLe3CQAA0ZvO.jpg:large

I really dig the Handbook as it is essentially a physical Pokedex of the 1st 150 Pokemon, with complete stats, evolution trees and bios - also great classic art! :D

The other 2 I'll probably move on at some point; They're both stickers albums but only one is complete and the other, whilst incomplete, includes a massive poster of Ash & Pikachu along with a couple of "Logo/Banner" stickers still on the sticker sheet. ;):)

lancalot
28th November 2014, 01:32 PM
for those in sydney who into pokemon , Anime At Abbotsford is having Pokémon Gathering Day/Ultimate Card Swap Day (https://www.facebook.com/events/651183304998800/)

Firestorm
29th November 2014, 05:19 PM

Been having the same problem here, went to like 8 stores, only 3 of them had the code cards advertised, but not a single one had any in stock. a lady at Big W in sunbury did give me 2 code cards for the shiny gengar though which surprisingly still worked.
guess I'll be missing out on Diancie, oh well.

What are people getting Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby? (or both?!)

I've never played this Generation before so I will get one of them, just not sure which yet. Reviews seem good. Appears to be too early to know which Pokemon are version exclusives which would help me decide.

All things considered, Generation 3 was good, but it came out just as my interest was starting to wane. so it ranks lower for me. but from what I've played of Omega Ruby so far it is REALLY REALLY good, that new Dex Nav feature is really nice. (search for pokemon in the wild with rare moves and abilities, etc) I haven't made it very far yet but I'm loving the remakes a LOT more than the originals.
I don't know for sure who are version exlucisves besides the cover legendaries though.
and I went with the Water starter this time

Bidoofdude
30th November 2014, 03:12 PM
Current OR Team:

Sceptile Lv 43
Latios Lv.37
Metang Lv.43 (Shiny)
Torkoal Lv.35
Pelipper Lv37
Linoone Lv.35 (HM Slave)

Golden Phoenix
30th November 2014, 03:35 PM
Not bad.

Mine is currently:
Magnezone (lvl 54)
Ninetales (lvl 52)
Swellow (lvl 58)
Gallade (lvl 58)
Swampert (lvl 56)
Linoone (lvl 55) - HM slave

Bidoofdude
1st December 2014, 09:44 AM
Not bad.

Mine is currently:
Magnezone (lvl 54)
Ninetales (lvl 52)
Swellow (lvl 58)
Gallade (lvl 58)
Swampert (lvl 56)
Linoone (lvl 55) - HM slave

Everyone has a Linoone.

jazzcomp
1st December 2014, 10:41 AM
for those in sydney who into pokemon , Anime At Abbotsford is having Pokémon Gathering Day/Ultimate Card Swap Day (https://www.facebook.com/events/651183304998800/)
Did you go?

Paulbot
1st December 2014, 10:47 AM
Everyone has a Linoone.

Oh, so a Zigzagoon evolves into something that's actually useful.

My gal Ruby has just arrived at her third gym and so far I've found the Hoenn Pokemon pretty unappealing. So far only Wingull is the only on the team I like.

i_amtrunks
1st December 2014, 01:48 PM
Everyone has a Linoone.

HM slave extraordiaire and if you get a Zigzagoon with Pickup, it is extra useful early game.

I've not touched mine due to Smash Brothers so I still have yet to get to Mr Briney. Happy to wait for mine to play on a long haul flight later this year.

The Eon ticket is getting released via street pass at selected EB Games throughout the country, if you cannot make it to one of those stores, you need to be lucky enough to get a street pass hit from someone who did. It allows you to get the Latios/Latias not native to your game.

lancalot
1st December 2014, 02:58 PM
Did you go?

unfortunately i had a BBQ that day .....

Paulbot
1st December 2014, 03:14 PM
The Eon ticket is getting released via street pass at selected EB Games throughout the country, if you cannot make it to one of those stores, you need to be lucky enough to get a street pass hit from someone who did. It allows you to get the Latios/Latias not native to your game.

Bidoofdude was going to try to get one today. I'm going to try to get it off him

Bidoofdude
1st December 2014, 11:00 PM
Bidoofdude was going to try to get one today. I'm going to try to get it off him

I successfully got my eon ticket (along with loads of Streetpass data. It was a good day. Met some cool people.

I'll catch up with you to pass it on whenever that is.

Golden Phoenix
1st December 2014, 11:11 PM
I successfully got my eon ticket (along with loads of Streetpass data. It was a good day. Met some cool people.

Could use this as an excuse for a lunch meet up.

Kazza
2nd December 2014, 05:40 PM

Awesome bidoofdude, I'm definitely after the Eon ticket myself and would appreciate the help.:)

Bidoofdude
2nd December 2014, 07:20 PM
Could use this as an excuse for a lunch meet up.

I was planning on meeting Paulbot there but he couldn't make it. I might go to the next meetup to give it to people who need it. ;)

Paulbot
4th December 2014, 08:01 PM
You should try to come along to the next meet up for sure.

But if you don't, I've got an Eon ticket I can share too. I left my DS on in sleep mode and somewhere on my trip home from Melbourne Central to Oakleigh I passed by four people and picked the ticket up along the way. Thanks anonymous person.

Bidoofdude
5th January 2015, 07:01 PM
Just thought to myself about Legendary Pokemon this morning and I remembered that I only have an Italian Manaphy I recieved via trade, no English one.

Well, it turns out that I never transferred my Manaphy egg from Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs over to my Heartgold nor my Platinum. Sent it over this morning. Feels good to stumble across something you forgot about.

Golden Phoenix
6th January 2015, 01:00 AM
Man I have a couple of them. They used to have events for him every now and then.

Speaking of legendaries, does anyone have a spare Diancie?

Bidoofdude
22nd January 2015, 04:16 PM
For everyone with a copy of ORAS (I think maybe XY are included as well), the Serperior with hidden ability Contrary for the first time ever has been made international. You can receive him via Mystery Gift with the code POKEMON497.

Mythirax
16th June 2016, 05:20 PM
Would anyone happen to have one of the 20th anniversary Darkrai codes spare by any chances. I just noticed the event finished, and I missed out :eek:

BruiseLee
16th June 2016, 06:01 PM
Would anyone happen to have one of the 20th anniversary Darkrai codes spare by any chances. I just noticed the event finished, and I missed out :eek:

Are these in the trading cards? My wife's online toy store stocks Pokemon stuff. Can dig around the boxes to see .

Mythirax
16th June 2016, 06:26 PM
Are these in the trading cards? My wife's online toy store stocks Pokemon stuff. Can dig around the boxes to see .

It was from an EB games event I believe. I'm unsure if the trading cards actually have any in game relation or not :o I stopped collecting them a long, long time ago. Thank you though :D:D:D

DarkHyren
7th July 2016, 02:28 PM
It was from an EB games event I believe. I'm unsure if the trading cards actually have any in game relation or not :o I stopped collecting them a long, long time ago. Thank you though :D:D:DCorrect, the 20th anniversary Mew (February, ended), Darkrai (May, ended), Arceus (August, upcoming) and Genesect (November, upcoming) are EBGames exclusive download codes for XYORAS, nothing to do with the TCG at all.
I don't have a spare code but all is not lost, in June Nintendo unlocked Mew for everyone to download with a global code, so that those that missed out on February's codes had a second chance, so I would hazard a guess and say that they might do the same thing with Darkrai in a few months.

Also don't forget that every month (with the exception of the ones listed above) you can go to the Mystery gift option, Get From Internet and collect a different Mystical Pokemon. This month is Shaymin.

GoktimusPrime
20th July 2016, 11:30 PM
Make a 'Mon Out of You (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS58nPTzWr0) (Pokémon Mulan Parody) ;)

Paulbot
18th November 2016, 03:58 PM
Moon? Sun?

Saw people queuing at 8pm last night for a midnight launch. I will get eventually, I still have post-story stuff to do in Omega Ruby first!

Golden Phoenix
18th November 2016, 05:27 PM
My girlfriend got Sun, so I had to get Moon.

ITZTRU
19th November 2016, 12:07 AM
Moon? Sun?

Saw people queuing at 8pm last night for a midnight launch. I will get eventually, I still have post-story stuff to do in Omega Ruby first!

Like what, Paul? I literally just finished Omega Ruby Delta episode tonight. Dunno if I want to keep adding to the pokedex or just move onto another game?

Paulbot
19th November 2016, 01:32 AM
Delta Episode is the thing I need to do!

'07Camaro
7th June 2017, 08:25 AM
So Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are coming to 3DS systems on November 17th. To me, it seems that this'll be like Platinum, Crystal, Emerald etc. in which it'll be an extension of the original storyline. More info, and the trailer from the direct, can be found here: http://www.serebii.net

...Also Gold and Silver are finally making their way to the VC :)

i_amtrunks
7th June 2017, 11:06 AM
So Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are coming to 3DS systems on November 17th. To me, it seems that this'll be like Platinum, Crystal, Emerald etc. in which it'll be an extension of the original storyline. More info, and the trailer from the direct, can be found here: http://www.serebii.net

...Also Gold and Silver are finally making their way to the VC :)

All win, although I was expecting Ultra Sun and Moon (or whatever they were to be called!) to hit the Switch as well. Maybe next gen.

Gold and Silver were/are my favourite (technically Heart gold/Souls Silver are) pokemon games of all time, but I think like red/Blue?yellow, that I will not enjoy them as much as the remakes as they will still have the old physical/special split and TMs being restricted to one use really ties your hands!

'07Camaro
7th June 2017, 11:32 AM
All win, although I was expecting Ultra Sun and Moon (or whatever they were to be called!) to hit the Switch as well. Maybe next gen.

Gold and Silver were/are my favourite (technically Heart gold/Souls Silver are) pokemon games of all time, but I think like red/Blue?yellow, that I will not enjoy them as much as the remakes as they will still have the old physical/special split and TMs being restricted to one use really ties your hands!

I have the same opinion. I consider GS/HGSS as the PERFECT Pokemon games. Although, I am not sure if I'll get the VC releases, as I already have the original Silver cartridge (I don't mind the dead save battery).

As for US and UM on the Switch, I think it's a bit early for it to be on that console, as it was just released. On the bright side, I don't have to spend $400 on a new console + the game.

DarkHyren
7th June 2017, 01:49 PM
US/M is an even bigger cash grab then the previous 3rd versions have been.
At least with Yellow/Crystal/etc etc etc you knew you were getting a mixture of the previously released duo with a little extra while this releasing the 3rd game as two separate games is unacceptable, it should have been either a patch or a cheap DLC if they were just going to release SuMo again with minor changes.
It feels exactly the same as what all the other game companies are doing, releasing an unfinished product then releasing an "upgraded" version a little after the fact.
Will not be purchasing and honestly this move has put me off the franchise completely (for the immediate future at least)

i_amtrunks
7th June 2017, 04:08 PM
US/M is an even bigger cash grab then the previous 3rd versions have been.
At least with Yellow/Crystal/etc etc etc you knew you were getting a mixture of the previously released duo with a little extra while this releasing the 3rd game as two separate games is unacceptable, it should have been either a patch or a cheap DLC if they were just going to release SuMo again with minor changes.
It feels exactly the same as what all the other game companies are doing, releasing an unfinished product then releasing an "upgraded" version a little after the fact.
Will not be purchasing and honestly this move has put me off the franchise completely (for the immediate future at least)

Lets hope that it is more like Black and White 2 where it was a new story and updated legendaries and events. I think that even the Pokemon company are not silly enough to go backwards and make two minor update games and try and sell them on the same console as the original games were.

If they are just slight updates they will be the first main pokemon games I will not pick up (since nintendo games never go on sale) but I really think we are in for a new game suing the same location with new enemies and the altered legendaries.

'07Camaro
7th June 2017, 07:12 PM
Lets hope that it is more like Black and White 2 where it was a new story and updated legendaries and events. I think that even the Pokemon company are not silly enough to go backwards and make two minor update games and try and sell them on the same console as the original games were.

I think they'll be as much of an update as Platinum was to Diamond & Pearl; updated avatars, graphics & animations, new pokemon forms etc. with very minor changes to the story. If this is the case then I think GF did this as an appetiser for a potential new game coming out for the Switch. Then again, what proof is there of that being the case :p

DarkHyren
7th June 2017, 07:46 PM
Lets hope that it is more like Black and White 2 where it was a new story and updated legendaries and eventsFrom what I've heard the nintendo direct talk about this said it's basically the same game just with an alternate storyline and the weird necrozma solgaea/lunalla abomination.
So no, not a real sequel but just an altered game with a little extra, the same as any other 3rd pokemon game, but split into two games rather then one for maximum rip off potential

Golden Phoenix
21st October 2017, 10:30 PM
Anyone able to find a spare code for Marshadow?
I've been to a couple of Ebgames this week and they were out of event codes for it.

i_amtrunks
22nd October 2017, 07:59 AM
I've been to a couple of Ebgames this week and they were out of event codes for it.

Haven't even bothered as EB are dodgy as anything with the codes. So many go up on eBay when they are distributed by eb as opposed to jb or target.

Wish they'd go back to the wireless distribution in target stores like they had in the black and white days. Having a printed card in this day and age is ridiculous and wasteful.

BruiseLee
22nd October 2017, 02:47 PM

I just saw one on a PoGo FB page. It looks like it was posted about 2 hrs ago but I'll pm you that code in hope that it is still useable.