PDA

View Full Version : Non American BWs Figures

Autocon
7th October 2012, 12:43 AM
What are peoples thoughts on obtaining these figures? Are they hard? Easy to sell once played with them?

Are there many new molds in the line? Not wanting repaints....

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2012, 01:48 AM
What are peoples thoughts on obtaining these figures?
Same as what I think about obtaining any other Transformer -- don't pay above RRP.

Are they hard?
Hard to get? Hard to transform? Hard to swallow?
The answer to all 3 is "depends." Some are easier than others.

Easy to sell once played with them?
No idea.

Are there many new molds in the line? Not wanting repaints....
The UK exclusives (TM Claw Jaw & Spittor) are repaints, but they come with a free 'transforming' drinking glass. Non-American new moulds include:
+ Lio Convoy
+ Galvatron
+ Auto Jetter (a cancelled G2 mould)
+ Auto Launcher (another cancelled G2 mould)
+ Moon
+ Big Convoy
+ Magmatron (later released by Hasbro)
+ Stampy
+ Break
+ Cohrada
+ Mach Kick
+ Longrack
+ Heinlad
+ Sling
+ Dead End
+ Bazooka
+ Guiledart (later repainted & released by Hasbro)
+ Sabreback (later repainted & released by Hasbro)
+ Archadis (later repainted & released by Hasbro)

The following are retools:
+ Dirgegun
+ Hellscream
+ Max-B
+ Thrustor
+ Gigastorm (minor retooling)
+ Sharp Edge
+ Hardhead (later repainted & released by Hasbro)
+ Killer Punch
+ Jaguar/Ravage

Autocon
9th October 2012, 12:47 AM
Geez thats alot! :eek:

Do they sell for cheap?

SuspectimusPrime
9th October 2012, 01:06 AM
Geez thats alot! :eek:

Do they sell for cheap?

I think they're relatively easy to obtain, compared to the original BW - say getting a MISB Rattrap or Tigatron.

One of the most awesome combiners is Magmatron, and you can track him down for $50 without much trouble. A good level of transformation difficulty and made from quality plastic - I got the Takara release. The only one you'll be having trouble in tracking down for less than $175 would probably be X-9 Ravage, purely because he appeared in the US BW series.

You can find most of the Japanese figs released by Takara or Sogekong (Sogekong is from Korea, packaging isn't as nice and is without a plastic window, but its still official).

Gouki
9th October 2012, 10:42 AM
The only one of those I have at the moment is Big Convoy. It's the Korean version, so I got it for pretty cheap and I love him.

So that's at least one you should get.

SuspectimusPrime
9th October 2012, 12:21 PM
The only one of those I have at the moment is Big Convoy. It's the Korean version, so I got it for pretty cheap and I love him.

So that's at least one you should get.

I've got that same Big Convoy and Takara Magmatron. The plastic on my Big Convoy feels inferior to Magmatron, but I've been told its 100% the same as Takara Big Convoy.

Paulbot
9th October 2012, 12:54 PM
Many of the Japanese Beast Wars toys are shellformers and end up as robots wearing parts of animals. Transforming them back to beast mode is where the challenge really lies.

I liked the mix of animals the Japanese Maximals transformed into (had to get myself the giraffe, penguin, rabbit, horse, snake) while the US versions gave up on normal animals for the TMs, Fuzors, TM2s and Beast Machine versions. Most of the Predacon dinosaurs got released by Hasbro eventually in some form.

The Korean release of the Japanese toys often come up a bit cheaper than the Japanese versions and are the same toys.

GoktimusPrime
9th October 2012, 03:14 PM
I'm not a fan of Big Convoy -- mother of shellformers. But the robot mode is neat and I absolutely loved how he came with a Matrix that could be taken out of his chest and held (which was a big deal at the time because no other toy could do it!). :D But some toys can be interesting despite being shellformerish, like Break and Dead End. :)

SuspectimusPrime
9th October 2012, 06:10 PM
But some toys can be interesting despite being shellformerish, like Break and Dead End. :)

And don't forget good old Heinlad - who's robot mode is great looking and practical for uses other than a toy, and who's beast alt mode is anatomically correct (see Google images) ;)

GoktimusPrime
9th October 2012, 09:21 PM
The clock never worked well on mine - it was always a fraction of a second off (so by the next morning the time was misaligned, making it useless as an alarm clock. :( I've had the same problem with the Bayverse TF1 Bumblebee alarm clock too. :( Nonetheless... Heinlad keeps telling everyone that his Maximal insignia's a rub sign, even though it's not. :p ;)

klystron
12th October 2012, 01:21 AM
I have Lio Convoy, Big Convoy, Magmatron, Archadis, and I think they are some of my most favourite BW figures. They aren't too hard to come by on flea bay and can be nabbed for some good prices. Good value for money figures in my opinion.

And why on earth would you ever want to resell them...?

Autocon
13th October 2012, 03:59 PM
I have Lio Convoy, Big Convoy, Magmatron, Archadis, and I think they are some of my most favourite BW figures. They aren't too hard to come by on flea bay and can be nabbed for some good prices. Good value for money figures in my opinion.

And why on earth would you ever want to resell them...?

I like to see what they do in alt and bot mode along with how they transform. After that they just sit there getting dusty. Once Ive fiddle with them am over that initial hype of what they do my interest waynes. Move on to the next beastie;) Love a library for tf figures.