PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a favourite G1 episode?

Pulse
29th June 2008, 06:45 PM
By G1, I mean from Season 1 all the way through to Zone.

Last night I felt like watching an episode or 2 & it got me thinking "Do I have a favourite G1 episode?" & immediately it hit me - "Yes :)".

It's that Season 1 episode where we first meet Skyfire entitled "Fire in the Sky (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_in_the_Sky)".

IMO it's just a great episode - The background story, Skyfire's questioning of his allegiance & the ending with the 'Bots saying their goodbyes (until they free him from the ice a couple of episodes later :D).

Overall, I feel as though it was one of the best written episodes in all of G1 (bias aside of course :)).

Then again, the Season 2 episode "The Gambler (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gambler)" gets a special mention in that it encourages you to cheat to win when gambling... :D

roller
29th June 2008, 07:13 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm there all good

Id say season 1- More then meets the eye pt 1

Season 2- A Prime Problem

Season 3- Dark Awakening

Season 4- Rebirth pt 1

Season 5- The ep where Grimlock pilots optimuses shuttle

Headmasters- Episode 1

That is all the g1 ive seen

Bartrim
29th June 2008, 08:02 PM
I love the latter half of season 2. The Gambler, Triple Takeover, Starscream's Brigade, Revenge of Bruticus, Trans Europe Express and both parts of The Key to Vector Sigma are my favourites.

That being said the day I picked up the first part of season 3 I had a really horrible day at work. My boss was being a real tool (seems to happen alot). Anyway when I got home (my wife was working late) I cooked myself a couple of hamburgers (I love my own hamburgers) and sat down and watched five faces of darkness. It was a really nice evening at the end of a day I'd rather forget. Since then (although it's not the best episode/s) I still enjoy watching five faces of darkness if I'm sick or feeling down.

loophole
29th June 2008, 08:25 PM
Im currently watching all of the G1 stuff again and just finished watching The Gambler.

My favourite episode though would have to be The Key To Vector Sigma pt 1 & 2 ive watched those episodes so many times because they were only episodes i had when i was a kid. I just love the Stunticons there my favourite combiner team.
My parents actually dubbed the episodes from a rental vhs over to beta and then back to vhs and they also put TFTM on the same tape, that tape got thrashed when i was little and in my teeanage years.

Scattershot
29th June 2008, 08:36 PM
A few that stick out in my head mainly because I liked them when a I was a kid are:

The Golden Lagoon

The Ultimate Weapon

As far as artwork goes I love the episode ''Call of the Primitives"

Others I can think of are:

Fire on the Mountain

Heavy Metal War

Starscreams Brigade

Theres more but I better not name them all!

autobreadticon
29th June 2008, 08:46 PM
the girl who loved powerglide, i wish i could speak like him :D

dirge
29th June 2008, 09:24 PM
Make Tracks.

1orion2many
29th June 2008, 09:45 PM
:confused:Can't remember the ep title I think it was, Call of the Primatives where Grimlock proved he was the smartest by defeating the Energy Entity with a flick of a switch:D.

GoktimusPrime
29th June 2008, 11:10 PM
The ending of Transformers Victory is pret-ty sweet action wise. :) The God Gambit is also one worth mentioning in terms of stories with a good social metaphor.

STL
29th June 2008, 11:23 PM
I love the latter half of season 2. The Gambler, Triple Takeover, Starscream's Brigade, Revenge of Bruticus, Trans Europe Express and both parts of The Key to Vector Sigma are my favourites.

That being said the day I picked up the first part of season 3 I had a really horrible day at work. My boss was being a real tool (seems to happen alot). Anyway when I got home (my wife was working late) I cooked myself a couple of hamburgers (I love my own hamburgers) and sat down and watched five faces of darkness. It was a really nice evening at the end of a day I'd rather forget. Since then (although it's not the best episode/s) I still enjoy watching five faces of darkness if I'm sick or feeling down.

I'm with Bartrim here. I love the second half of season 2. It's the highpoint of the series imo. Like Loophole, the Key to Vector Sigma was my favourite though hands down though I have to disagree that the Aerialbots are the best. :)

I liked a lot of Season 3 too now that I'm older. I watched a bit of it but it was never the same till I got older and appreciated the more sci-fi feel of the series. I mean I did have some faves but as a kid it was kinda painful wathcing Prime die again in Dark Awakening.

Though the Return of Optimus Prime was a pretty damn cool story. I remember smiling w/ glee as a I watched that. I was only annoyed they didn't play more of the Touch but as a youth, it was an awesome moment to see Prime return.

Gutsman Heavy
30th June 2008, 01:18 AM
Most of season 2, but one bit I always like is the Medieval episode ("A Decepticon raider in King Arthur's court"?) when Starscream makes Rumble collect the potassium nitrate from bird droppings, Rumble comes back with bird crap all over himself. Awesome.

Soundwarp
30th June 2008, 10:02 AM
I can't come up with one, i can say that only 10% were dodgy IMO

Pulse
30th June 2008, 10:09 AM
Wow! It's strange in that I luv one episode more than the 208 others in G1 but everyone else is like "I can't really narrow them down - I luv most of them :D".

See how no-hating can be a good thing :).

MV75
30th June 2008, 10:10 AM
Dunno, I liked them all. I'd have to say the 1986 movie was my favorite episode. :D
________
Smoke Kills (http://smokekills.net/)

i_amtrunks
30th June 2008, 10:23 AM
"Triple Takeover" has always been a personal favourite.
And being a huge Inferno Fan, I quite liked "Child's Play", "Dinobot Island Pt1 & 2" and "Auto Beserk".

Paulbot
1st July 2008, 07:54 PM
It's not one episode but I love Dinobot Island. Powerglide and Bumblebee's discover. Dinosaurs. Jetpacks for all. Cliffjumper's waterskis. The small squads of Autobots responding to the out of time visitors. It's all good.