PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro presentation panel at NYCC (2013 line-up)

UltraMarginal
12th October 2012, 01:12 PM
some pics (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/transformers-prime-panel-nycc-2012-176102/)up at TFW

the Prime Legion class Airachnid looks like a better toy than the deluxe version.

griffin
12th October 2012, 01:36 PM
Hasbro presentation Panel at NYCC

Season 3 teaser, for Beast Hunters... (watch it here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/nycc-2012-coverage-transformers-prime-season-3-beast-hunters-clip/25991/), in case it gets taken down)

Shockwave presents Megatron, his liege, the ultimate Autobot hunter. A Dragon walks out. Huge. That was Predaking from yesterday we assume. Did not show the dragon, just shadows and toenails.

Beasts are the Predacons. They were Cybertron's "Dinosaurs". Ancient race of Cybertronians. Wiped out in a great cataclysm. Beast Hunters toys
(everything is a new mould unless noted)

Legions Class (wave 1)
Bumblebee w/ SpikeBow
Smokescreen w/ Chain Bolter
Airachnid w/ Novastinger Bow
Twinstrike w/ Piston Hammer (two-headed dragon like Sinnertwin - yellow/grey)

Commander Class (wave 1)
Bulkhead w/ Nova Hammer (roadbuster colours - orange/green)
Predaking w/ Cybervenom Rocket (dragon) (Predacon leader)
??? (third figure not revealed)

Cyberverse Vehicles (wave 1)
Sky Claw w/ Smokescreen (blue/yellow redeco Legion figure) (vehicle - jet with grabber claw)
Apex Armor w/ Breakdown (green/yellow redeco 2012 Breakdown) (vehicle - green/yellow/grey redeco/remould? of Bumblebee's 2012 Vehicle)

Deluxe Class (wave 1) (weapons have beast appearances, but might not actually be sentient beasts or drones)
Bumblebee w/ Hawkbow (looks like the DOTM Wreckers) (remould of 2012 figure)
Soundwave & Ravage w/ Thundertalon (remould of 2012 figure)
Wheeljack w/ Falcon Spear (remould of 2012 figure)
Lazerback/Laserback w/ Toxic Strike Blaster (red/yellow/black Gryphon)
(note - it was spelt Lazerback on the slideshow, but Laserback on the sample packaging)

Voyager Class (wave 1)
Predaking with Hydrafire Blasters (dragon... or 3-headed Hydra when missile launcher is attached) (first official image released here (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-reveals-transformers-prime-beast-hunters-at-new-york-comic-con/25992/))
??? (second figure not revealed)

Sample Deluxe backing card shown - smaller card size to TFPrime.
Mini story included (possibly with all size classes)to explain new direction of the story. Chapter one is shown, saying that a vessel of weapons was sent from Cybertron, and is currently located somewhere in the Asteroid belt. Bumblebee gets Wheeljack to take him to it.

Kre-O (Beast Hunters series)

Build sets
Ripclaw Strike - Ripclaw (maroon dragon) w/ 2 Kreons (Ripclaw & Military Officer)
Battle Net Bumblebee - Bumblebee (yellow offroad jeep) w/ Skystalker (mini blue dragon) & 2 Kreons (Bumblebee & Clutch (human with a name?))

Figure packs (mini-figure 2-packs)
Trailcutter (Gen1 both modes) vs Grimwing (green dragon)
Windcharger (Gen1 both modes) vs Corhada (blue snake)

Platinum Edition
(Year of the Snake)

Omega Supreme - Energon mould with new claw arm to match WFC game, plus some other minor changes, and new colouring.
Optimus Prime - Energon mould in Gen1 colours

Gold foil on boxes, with a front flap and carry handle.
Amazon and BBTS exclusives in states. (likely to be in Asian markets like Year of the Dragon Optimus)

Partnerships

IDW - Rage of the Dinobots. After the Fall of Cybertron, and sets up the third Season of TFPrime cartoon.

Pack in comics with Generations figures.

Transformers Legends digital game. Showing art. Looks purdy.

Q&A from Seibertron. (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbros-transformers-nycc-2012-panel-text-and-gallery/25989/)

Are the upcoming Masterpieces coming to U.S.? Partnership with Toys R Us. No specific plans. But I would consider that they'll be here.
Still moving forward with Transformers Universe MMO from Jagex
Looking into bringing Arms Micron Unicron to U.S., but no set plans yet
Beast Wars or "who knows what can happen" in 30th anniversary / 2014
Talked about retail prices ... don't control retail prices
Sgt Kup and Rumble last two figures before Beast Hunters
Will we see Dinobots in season 3? Stay tuned!
Teased that Bruticus in G1 colors at retail?
Maybe and stay tuned to more Combiners. More to announce soon! Love the deluxe combiners.
Will Unicron be showing up again? Stay tuned ...
Keeping close eye on which characters from IDW comics are popular ... might translate as toys. Stay tuned!
Teased that deluxe Smokescreen might be coming
Want to make sure that all of the characters from the show make it out as toys
Voyager Prime Grimlock possibility?

drahsrebu
12th October 2012, 02:22 PM
im pretty excited where the brand is going. Looking forward to it:)

griffin
12th October 2012, 02:39 PM
Added into my post above a link to the preview clip, and a link to the first official image of Predaking, plus a very vague Q&A session at the end of the panel.

Paulbot
12th October 2012, 03:13 PM
Not impressed yet. I was disappointed with every Beast Planet toy in Cybertron and the new Predacons don't seem to be any improvement on those, and the spiky remolds of the regular Prime deluxes look awful.

Another Trailcutter figure gives me hope that there will be a Deluxe "Classics" Trailbreaker sooner than later so that's a positive. But there's nothing in that list I would want to buy :(

Decepticon
12th October 2012, 03:22 PM
Not liking where this is heading! The word 'BEAST' in ANY TF product sends shivers down my spine.:mad:

Omega Supreme looks good though!

Hursticon
12th October 2012, 05:31 PM
I'm just going to "cut & paste" my twitter comments:

Okay, so the Upcoming "Beast Hunters" BB looks like a TF:Prime version of a DOTM Wrecker... Hasbro is really plucking at straws now. :rolleyes:
Platinum: Omega Supreme is an insta-buy! - Exactly the right amount of retooling & repainting going on there! :D
Stop bloody hiding Predaking's Bot mode Hasbro, you jerks! :mad:
Okay, so @tfw2005 took the superior photos of the NYCC Hasbro/TF Panel - Soundwave might not have an exposed face but remold/tool intriguing
"Beast Hunter" weapons seem to be "MechTech" but slightly better executed, same play pattern though, Still seem grossly oversized on wielder
"Beast Hunter" DLX Soundwave has a lot of remolding going on as well as additional paint apps, in place of Laserbeak is Ravage. :eek:
Ravage plugs onto Soundwave's chest, as Laserbeak did before, however he splays out rather comically like road-kill on Soundwave's torso! :p
"Beast Hunters" line would also suggest a far greater amount of paint apps than what TF:Prime toys have received previously - This is great!
As is normally the case with Product Slides, Heavy amounts of Photoshop filtering going on but Soundwave seems to be primarily comprised of...
Black & Royal Blue, with Yellow, Silver & Purple highlights
Okay, "Beast Hunters" Wheeljack looks pretty friggin' cool too in his remolding! :O - Looks right out of Carmageddon!
F*** Yeah! "Beast Hunters" DLX Lazerback looks like the offspring of RiD (Basic) Bruticus & G1 (Firecon) Flamefeather!
I'm really diggin the looks of the actual "Beast" figures so far, "Beast Hunters" being Prehistoric Cybertronians is an interesting approach
"Beast Hunters" Voyager Predaking looks good but IMO the Leaderclass figure revealed yesterday looks "Grander", better suited scale-wise too
Voyager Predaking's weapons also transform into independent additional heads for the figure, ala Cybertron Scourge
Interesting to note too that the "Beast" figures of the "Beast Hunters" line will also be larger in mass/size compared to the 'Bots & 'Cons
So a Legion, Commander, DLX, Voyager or Leader Class "Beast" will be larger than that of the same classed Autobot and/or Decepticon figure!
Beast Hunters Kreo line looks rather... Meh - Kreo Cohrada is a disappointing homage but a nutty cool figure nonetheless! :p
Right! - Transformers: Generations "Platinum" Omega Supreme - Well done Hasbro, well done! :eek:
This "Platinum" Death Train is apparently the "Year of The Snake" version & is going to be an Amazon & BBTS exclusive
That is a BBTS & Amazon Exclusive "State-Side" - So doesn't seem to be secluded to a single market such as US/Can, Japan, Asia or Europe! :D
Both Prime & Omega are to feature Gold Foil packaging, nice but I fail to see the G1 Comic-inspired artwork, figure looks different inside!

After all this has been said and done though, we're likely never to see any of these products locally. :(:mad:

theheretic
12th October 2012, 05:46 PM
^I agree with all of the above :-)
Soundwave looks pretty interesting as do most of these new toys. I'll be buying ALL the deluxe and voyagers as they turn up for preorder at BBTS/TFsource (as is standard procedure for me) and I'm considering that Omega Supreme as I don't have that mould and it does look pretty exciting.

1AZRAEL1
12th October 2012, 05:53 PM
Interested in Omega, can't say I am impressed with most of it. Though I am starting to collect the Kreons lol

SuspectimusPrime
12th October 2012, 07:34 PM
A few thoughts :D:

Twinstrike/Sinnertwin and any other Terrorcon homages are bought :o
I think they should up the age limit on Deluxe Bumblebee - he looks like he will seriously hurt me if I touch it
Lazerback's bot mode reminds me of BM Strika :)
I'm hoping that reduced packaging hints at a focus on more cost efficient shipping method and does not equate a continuation of Generation FOC's reduced size/plastic quantity of Deluxe transformers
Kreon Ripclaw looks like he'll make a promising deluxe figure :D
Other Kreon Beasts look interesting too: Skystalker, and to a lesser extent, Grimwing and Cohadra
Have they dropped Omega as a Headmaster in lieu of a more cartoon accurate head? I do not see the Headmaster sitting in his little cockpit in death train mode.
Love the repaint though, will add onto wishlist as I don't have this mould.

Hursticon
12th October 2012, 07:41 PM
A few thoughts :D:

Twinstrike/Sinnertwin and any other Terrorcon homages are bought :o
I think they should up the age limit on Deluxe Bumblebee - he looks like he will seriously hurt me if I touch it
Lazerback's bot mode reminds me of BM Strika :)
I'm hoping that reduced packaging hints at a focus on more cost efficient shipping method and does not equate a continuation of Generation FOC's reduced size/plastic quantity of Deluxe transformers
Kreon Ripclaw looks like he'll make a promising deluxe figure :D
Other Kreon Beasts look interesting too: Skystalker, and to a lesser extent, Grimwing and Cohadra
Have they dropped Omega as a Headmaster in lieu of a more cartoon accurate head? I do not see the Headmaster sitting in his little cockpit in death train mode.
Love the repaint though, will add onto wishlist as I don't have this mould.

If the character is an analogue? - I will be 100% behind that! :D:cool:

Quickstrike
12th October 2012, 08:45 PM
They turned Transformers Prime in to Monster Hunter. Oh man. OH MAN. I like this a lot! :eek:

Gutsman Heavy
12th October 2012, 09:06 PM
I was hoping to like the look of beast hunters more, I guess I'll keep waiting for the next incarnation.

i_amtrunks
12th October 2012, 09:28 PM
So Prime is doing that badly they are attempting to turn into a monster of the week type show?

Or is it as resounding a success as BW, and they are attempting to destroy it with a related show ala BM? :rolleyes:

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th October 2012, 10:08 PM
Wow, that Commander Class predaking (I choke on the naming...) looks horrid.

griffin
13th October 2012, 02:17 AM
Hasbro have released the official images they used in the presentation.

TFPrime & Kreo images (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-beast-hunters-official-nycc-pr-pics-176109/).

Platinum Edition images. (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/energon-6/transformers-platinum-collection-official-pr-pics-176110/)

Interesting to note that on these bigger official images, the allegiance symbols on Lazerback & Twinstrike are different to the Predacon symbol that Predaking has. Since some of these figures are very roughly painted, perhaps it was one of many early Predacon symbols that Hasbro were trying out... and forgot to replace it later.

The Kreo seem to be computer generated, like some of the Second series official images were.

And Bulkhead has horns... :confused:

griffin
13th October 2012, 02:20 AM
Both Prime & Omega are to feature Gold Foil packaging, nice but I fail to see the G1 Comic-inspired artwork, figure looks different inside!

It is probably still in mock-up stage, as the Omega Supreme artwork is the actual Energon toy artwork. The finished product should have it in proper (new) colours, and with the new head and claw.

Hursticon
13th October 2012, 12:34 PM
It is probably still in mock-up stage, as the Omega Supreme artwork is the actual Energon toy artwork. The finished product should have it in proper (new) colours, and with the new head and claw.

I hope so dude, otherwise there's going to be a lot of confused & surprised consumers down the track. :p

griffin
13th October 2012, 04:11 PM
I doubt that they'd spend all that extra time and money modifying the mould and colours of the actual toy, plus give us gold foil packaging just to drop the ball inches from the try-line by have cheap reuse of brightly coloured, incorrect Energon artwork.
Okay... it'd be expected of Hasbro for regular release items, :p but since this is a "platinum edition", I don't think they'll do anything less than perfect on it.

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th October 2012, 06:14 PM
And Bulkhead has horns... :confused:

One of the slides described it as "Fashionable Viking helmet"

SofaMan
14th October 2012, 12:35 AM
I'm liking the look of these. They seem to be making use of the Arms Micron idea from the Japanese Prime series with the weapon/animals. And Twinstrike/Sinnertwin for the win! Why they couldn't have stuck with Sinnertwin I don't know; I thought that was one of the most appropriate and creative names of any G1 toy.

SuspectimusPrime
14th October 2012, 12:42 AM
Tweet from TFCC with in-hand pics of FSS Breakdown and Jackpot (https://twitter.com/i/#!/The_TF_Club/media/slideshow?url=pic.twitter.com%2FYHC16OQm). Guess the first shipment's not much of a surprise.

Shirokaze
14th October 2012, 12:45 AM
So they're pretty much re-releasing the first wave of prime toys with spikes and guns.... the same first wave that is currently warming the shelves of every single toy retailer in the country? There's obviously some retardation going on in the upper ranks of Hasbro.

I just hope Hurtsi is right, and that we don't see any of these figures in Oz, because it will save the brand the embarrassment at the very least.

On a positive note, I will import an Omega and Predaking!

kup
14th October 2012, 12:58 AM
So they're pretty much re-releasing the first wave of prime toys with spikes and guns.... the same first wave that is currently warming the shelves of every single toy retailer in the country? There's obviously some retardation going on in the upper ranks of Hasbro.

I just hope Hurtsi is right, and that we don't see any of these figures in Oz, because it will save the brand the embarrassment at the very least.

On a positive note, I will import an Omega and Predaking!

I hope we don't see them here because if we do, they will shelf warm and make the stores even more reluctant to stock anything Transformers even if it is a superior follow up line.

Why does Hasbro do this? They have already identified what works and doesn't work but still have a tendency to push what clearly does not and ignore what does.

Tober
14th October 2012, 09:19 AM
Shelf-warming isn't really Hasbro's fault. They supply the toys to the big distributors in the volume they request.

So blame TRU for not enough Masterpiece Primes and too many Masterpiece Rodimuses... Blame Target for not enough 2007 Camaro Bumblebees and too many 2012 Camaro Bumblebees...

It's actually difficult for distributors to determine what will sell and what won't as advertising and promotion from upcoming movies and TV shows has a large impact.

liegeprime
14th October 2012, 09:38 AM
Im getting Omega!!!:D:D:D As well as all those dragonformers.... love tyhe beast modes... they'll prolly stay that way in my collection display hehehe... oh wait, Ive run out of space .. again :p:p:(

hmmm they're bringing back Fatimus Prime again???!? ugh!

GoktimusPrime
14th October 2012, 01:18 PM
Shelf-warming isn't really Hasbro's fault.
It depends. Sometimes it's the retailers (as in the examples you mentioned), but other times Hasbro can make poor choices like:
+ releasing slews of Bumblebees instead of new characters like Deluxe Leadfoot, Soundwave, Quejack, Mirage etc.
+ releasing toys that are expensive and not very fun to play (i.e. poor value for money) with, e.g. Combiner Class Devastator
I've spoken to someone from Hasbro AU (IRL, not over the phone) about this and he agreed with me (it's not Hasbro AU's fault of course - these decisions are made by Hasbro USA).

I'm not saying it's always Hasbro's fault, but it's not always the retailers' fault either. Other times, it's partially Hasbro and the retailers' fault, and sometimes it's neither. As you said, sometimes these things are just hard to predict. So I'm inclined to agree w/ both you and kup -- it all just depends. :)

Tober
14th October 2012, 04:12 PM
Sure Hasbro have made some dumb decisions. My point was that that's not where the story ends.

Right now we have shelves stacked with TF: Prime Wheeljack, Soundwave, Cliffjumper, and Bumblebee. WJ and SW are great, CJ is good and BB is okay.

So we can kick retailers for overstocking, Hasbro for not releasing the First Edition line, and network television for not airing it.

1AZRAEL1
15th October 2012, 07:11 AM
Loving Omega, can't wait to get him.

Megatron
15th October 2012, 09:25 AM
Omega looks really impressive. But I'll just be getting the Soundwave!

griffin
16th October 2012, 02:02 PM
Some videos of the Hasbro presentation have been posted up (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/videos-from-hasbros-transformers-nycc-2012-panel/26009/).

I just realised that with the brief comment by Hasbro that Kup & Rumble would be the last of the first series toys before Beast Hunters is released (which means a HUGE gap of 4-5 months), means that any mould or character done by TakaraTomy that hasn't been released or announced by Hasbro.... odds just reduced even further that we will see them from Hasbro - because they are now pitching a new toy style/theme to retailers, which first series figures (in their original form) won't fit. A bit like the way First Edition moulds were not used in any way during the regular series, because they didn't fit in with the "Revealer" or "Powerizer" concept being pitched to retailers.

There is a chance that certain JP-only moulds will be exclusives somewhere, or redone in Beast Hunters style and get released by Hasbro in the second series, but if you want a JP-only figure in its current form, I'm thinking that importing it while you can could end up being the best option (if they aren't already too expensive to buy).

Starscream77
16th October 2012, 08:16 PM
I have looking at the JP only moulds and most sites are out of stock and evil bay has jumped prices