PDA

View Full Version : JP Beast Wars Neo DVD gallery

griffin
12th October 2012, 02:54 PM
For something a bit "retro" considering the recent news of 2013 stuff... the recently released DVD set of the Japanese Beast Wars Neo series (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-beast-wars-neo-dvd-set-inhand-images/25993/) (from the late 90s).

Looks nice, and comes with 6 DVDs, covering 35 episodes... but is priced at about AU$300!!! :eek:

1orion2many
12th October 2012, 03:08 PM
:eek:That's disappointing as I would have liked to buy this set:(

GoktimusPrime
12th October 2012, 03:23 PM
...yeah... the average cost of DVDs in Japan is ridiculous. :(

Paulbot
12th October 2012, 03:46 PM
I continue to hope that Madman will do a local release of Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo in a pair of boxsets (with the movie(s?) as bonus features).

And maybe now that there's "source files" for the DVDs of Neo that's a step closer.

i_amtrunks
12th October 2012, 05:28 PM
Was getting more and more excited as I read the original news post by Bossbot, then WHAM! the price.

Hoping we can get a local release based from these originals, but I guess we won't really know with the way Madman are with their acquisitions and ordinary communication with the local fans.

Hursticon
12th October 2012, 05:55 PM
...yeah... the average cost of DVDs in Japan is ridiculous. :(

Do you know why DVDs & CDs are so insanely expensive in Japan dude? - It's not a new thing as it's my understanding that this has basically always been the case? :confused:

I continue to hope that Madman will do a local release of Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo in a pair of boxsets (with the movie(s?) as bonus features).

And maybe now that there's "source files" for the DVDs of Neo that's a step closer.

I'd really, really like to hope this comes to fruition too :D; Sadly though I don't believe there has ever been any Official subtitles produced for either the BW:II or Neo series & the fact that the 3 Japanese G1 Boxsets didn't move terribly well for Madman in Australia, I think we'd both be suffering a case of "Wishful Thinking". :(

GoktimusPrime
12th October 2012, 11:10 PM
Do you know why DVDs & CDs are so insanely expensive in Japan dude? - It's not a new thing as it's my understanding that this has basically always been the case? :confused:
Because they can. :(

Hursticon
12th October 2012, 11:24 PM
Because they can. :(

Really? :confused: - Because CDs & DVDs cost nowhere near the amounts charged in Japan so I thought there must've been some sort of reasoning behind it. :(
Well, one can only hope some fan-subs are done up for these recent releases and some "Digital Prints" make their way onto the net... Not that I condone such a thing of course. ;)