PDA

View Full Version : Animated 2 Pack Cleanup

Thanatos
30th June 2008, 09:33 PM
This goes to the customizers. With the Animated 2 Pack, the battle damage is pretty extensive. Now, I was wondering what the best way to remove it is. Is it a part of the paint/plastic that I have to paint over it? Or alternatively, could it be removed with say... rubbing alcohol or similar.

Now, if it's the paint option, I'm not sure how to go about it. How do you find paint to match what you're painting? I'm totally new to the customizing game.

I love the deluxe modes of these characters, and as much as I plan to get Voyager Prime and Leader Megatron, I'd like to see if I could clean these guys up.

So suggestions, tips, links to people who have done it on other TF forums? Any help is appreciated.

MV75
30th June 2008, 09:36 PM
This goes to the customizers. With the Animated 2 Pack, the battle damage is pretty extensive. Now, I was wondering what the best way to remove it is. Is it a part of the paint/plastic that I have to paint over it? Or alternatively, could it be removed with say... rubbing alcohol or similar.

Now, if it's the paint option, I'm not sure how to go about it. How do you find paint to match what you're painting? I'm totally new to the customizing game.

I love the deluxe modes of these characters, and as much as I plan to get Voyager Prime and Leader Megatron, I'd like to see if I could clean these guys up.

So suggestions, tips, links to people who have done it on other TF forums? Any help is appreciated.

I'd imagine that whatever method to remove thin paint should work just fine. Unless the surface the "damage" is on is also painted. :D

I'm just hanging for a seperate release of these toys that havn't been put through the "Let's F*#K it up" process.

If hasbro have the paint to spare to ruin these toys, then they can apply more of the regular colours so they don't look like arse because they're too thinly applied.
________
HAWAII MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://hawaii.dispensaries.org/)

STL
30th June 2008, 10:10 PM
I love the deluxe version of Prime too. I talked to lcz128 and he'd said it'd be difficult. And as much as the engineering of the Animated line appeals to me, it's only secondary in my customising interest. Too much effort is needed for the fix by all accounts.

jaydisc
30th June 2008, 10:37 PM
I definitely think it's worth holding out for a bit longer.

excelonzero
6th July 2008, 03:42 PM
well i just started on the Twin pack:

I've used 'extra cut' car polish on Megatron and Primes unpainted areas
ie the damaged solid areas

Here's a shot of Megatron's right arm/chest.
http://au.geocities.com/hedrax173/otca/megclean.jpg

You can see a little pink remaining on the raised area's but I've only been working on the chest for about 5 minutes at this point.

The shoulders are shiny clean..

sifun
6th July 2008, 05:10 PM
good luck on the transparent chest.. the rest you can use nail polish remover, that does the job easily

kup
7th July 2008, 02:10 PM
If the 'battle damage' paint is on plain unpainted plastic, then something like isocol should be enough but never use paint thinners as it disolves the plastic. Isocol is soft enough to get rid of ithe paint and leave the plastic beneath unharmed, its also gentle enough for it to be forgiven of mistakes as it requires persistant rubbing.

If its on painte surface, you can't do much for it. All you can do is paint over it. If its on clear plastic, then Isocol should work equally as good but you have to be more gentle as transparent plastics are thinner and if you apply to much preassure it could crack.