PDA

View Full Version : Henkei Crystal Convoy details.

Tetsuwan Convoy
1st July 2008, 01:29 PM
http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?port=33301&req=PRODUCT&code=tf_ev_04

This baby was from the Tokyo Toy Show, but E-hobby have a chance for some people to get some. Before everyone gets all excited though, I must point out its going to be very, very tricky to get a new one.

For a start, it is limited to those with a Japanese address (or access to) then, it is limited to cash only (COD, No credit card payments accepted), only 1 HCC per customer. Finally, after going to the effort of acquiring the formerly stated, the order goes into a competition and not every order will get one.

Having said that, ordering through the site is open for 1 week from today. I've given it a go and hope I get one.

Be interesting to see how pricey this baby is on secondary markets and how many were available at the toy show.

kurdt_the_goat
1st July 2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the reminder, i've got to try this tonight! Is the COD only for paying for delivery?

STL
1st July 2008, 01:32 PM
http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?port=33301&req=PRODUCT&code=tf_ev_04

This baby was from the Tokyo Toy Show, but E-hobby have a chance for some people to get some. Before everyone gets all excited though, I must point out its going to be very, very tricky to get a new one.

For a start, it is limited to those with a Japanese address (or access to) then, it is limited to cash only (COD, No credit card payments accepted), only 1 HCC per customer. Finally, after going to the effort of acquiring the formerly stated, the order goes into a competition and not every order will get one.

Having said that, ordering through the site is open for 1 week from today. I've given it a go and hope I get one.

Be interesting to see how pricey this baby is on secondary markets and how many were available at the toy show.

I've been scouring eBay for them. $160 is a good price atm and will only appreciate w/ time. I'm trying to get 1 more but if anyone ever wants one, grab 'em now. Waiting and u'll be looking at an extra $100-$200 in years to come.

BT-17 was easier to get than this guy

Tetsuwan Convoy
2nd July 2008, 10:03 PM
Is the COD only for paying for delivery?
Nope, COD for the purchase price, delivery and a ¥315 fee for using COD.

They tell you to go for COD and if you even though you can go through with a credit card payment, they tell you to redo the order again anyway. Hope I win one!

Is it really winning if I am paying for it? :rolleyes:

Good luck for those who enter.

Kyle
3rd July 2008, 01:43 AM
Even street price in Japan is crazy. My friend tried to score a few extras but some shops in Akihabara were selling it for 19800 yen, not much difference from eBay prices. Cheapest is Yahoo Japan but they only ship locally. And there's virtually none left on the street of Hong Kong, good price or not. Like STL said, this is clearly BT17 again...

MV75
3rd July 2008, 06:22 AM
Eeeewwwww yuck.

It's exclusivity is the only thing that gives that thing any worth.

Transparent transformers = mega epic fail.

AHEM, umm..... I mean, you won't have any competition from me whatsoever for it. ;)
________
Design host (http://hostndesign.com)

1orion2many
3rd July 2008, 09:53 AM
Eeeewwwww yuck.

AHEM, umm..... I mean, you won't have any competition from me whatsoever for it. ;)

:D+1:D

Pulse
3rd July 2008, 09:58 AM
You should ask Fatbot how much his 2 set him back? (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=30073#post30073)

GoktimusPrime
3rd July 2008, 11:57 AM
3500JPY (approx $35-40) is actually a pretty reasonable price for a Voyager. I still wouldn't get one - the toy just doesn't interest me, but I don't think it's overpriced.

Kyle
3rd July 2008, 12:08 PM
3500JPY (approx $35-40) is actually a pretty reasonable price for a Voyager. I still wouldn't get one - the toy just doesn't interest me, but I don't think it's overpriced.

It is now overpriced though... :o
I would get 2 if it is still available at 3500 JPY. :D

1orion2many
3rd July 2008, 01:21 PM
It is now overpriced though... :o
I would get 2 if it is still available at 3500 JPY. :D

:)You'll most probably get 2 anyway Kyle:p:D.

Gutsman Heavy
5th July 2008, 12:01 AM
Robot Kingdom has them in stock, not cheap... (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFTCSC01E&lang=us&CatID=41_75)

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th July 2008, 12:07 AM
Robot Kingdom has them in stock, not cheap... (http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFTCSC01E&lang=us&CatID=41_75)

HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!: eek:

*emails god(s)*
Come on lady luck, smile on TC, you know you want to.

STL
5th July 2008, 12:08 AM
Whoa, RK being more expensive than eBay. That is a first!

iceburn
5th July 2008, 12:13 AM
They only have 2 pieces in stock....

Zippo
5th July 2008, 08:57 PM
I'll be looking for one in Singapore..
But yeah its not a good sign when you can get a sealed Diaclone AFA graded for cheaper than a recent release toy, even if limited it a toy show..

n2o
7th July 2008, 12:13 AM
can someone explain the allure of crystal transformers ....

its the same cast but with clear plastic ... *scratches head*

Soundwarp
7th July 2008, 08:58 AM
Eeeewwwww yuck.

+ 2

iceburn
7th July 2008, 09:25 AM
well..at least its better than us getting all the nemesis paintjobs...

STL
7th July 2008, 10:41 AM
can someone explain the allure of crystal transformers ....

its the same cast but with clear plastic ... *scratches head*

For me, it's the fact that it's the best version of Prime out there. That and it's Henkei. I love G1 and to me, anything Classics/Henkei with roots in G1 is immediately sought after. Generally in doubles. :D

With Crystal Convoy the particular appeal of it is that it's basically a whole figure that's getting light-piping. Light-piping on its own generally rocks enough, for an entire figure... well that's just Prime. :)

Pulse
7th July 2008, 10:47 AM
I love G1 and to me, anything Classics/Henkei with roots in G1 is immediately sought after. Generally in doubles. :D

So how many Skyfires are you up to now? ;)

The rumours are running rampant. Would u believe I just added to my collection of Skyfires? :eek:

!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

STL
7th July 2008, 10:57 AM
So how many Skyfires are you up to now? ;)

!?!?!?!?!? :eek:

I still have to adjust for outgoings and incomings. I managed to con one of my non TF mates into playing with Skyfire and he loves the mold now. He refuses to admit the engineering aspect of it is cool. (I'm trying to lure him in) so I'm down one. I sent another off to Canada for Classics Liokaiser. And two have been set aside for repaints into Classics Air Raid and Classics Darkwing.

Kyle
7th July 2008, 11:14 AM
http://www.tfclub.com/toys/crystalprime/crystalprime_16.jpg

STL
7th July 2008, 06:30 PM
*drools*

iceburn
7th July 2008, 07:25 PM
haha i didnt even realise the pic was half of each Henkei prime until now

Paulbot
7th July 2008, 08:20 PM
It's just like that scene in the movie when Unicron turns him into Galvatron. No wait that's not what happened... but a crystal Megatron would be good to represent that. :)

STL
7th July 2008, 09:42 PM
It's just like that scene in the movie when Unicron turns him into Galvatron. No wait that's not what happened... but a crystal Megatron would be good to represent that. :)

Oh, man you've got me dreaming now... :D

iceburn
7th July 2008, 10:54 PM
hahaha powdered Paul!!

Borgeman
7th July 2008, 11:34 PM
It's just like that scene in the movie when Unicron turns him into Galvatron.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x24/borgeman/reformattedprimecopy.jpg

George

iceburn
8th July 2008, 07:33 AM
let's customise one...haha.
who wants to cut up their crystal convoy first?

Soundwarp
8th July 2008, 07:36 AM
Wow i like the half and half!

Kyle
8th July 2008, 09:29 AM
let's customise one...haha.
who wants to cut up their crystal convoy first?

You don't have to cut him up. Just paint over half of him... :p

iceburn
8th July 2008, 09:30 AM
*hahahahhaaaa*

autobreadticon
9th July 2008, 11:32 PM
Rk has preorders for them at $199 , eee..