PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Iriorne
4th November 2012, 01:04 AM
Hi everyone, another introduction. :)

I grew up with the G2 cartoon and had quite a few of the smaller G2 toys, mostly decepticons because they all had much cooler vehicle modes! The pride of my collection was my set of G2 combaticons in all their multi-coloured camouflage glory but sadly a couple of the figures have gone missing over the years, leaving Bruticus severely handicapped.

I've been inspired by the recent Cybertron video games to get back into Transformers, picking up the odd figure here and there - mostly characters that I never had growing up. I have a couple of masterpiece figures (Hasbro Skywarp and Optimus Prime) and on a whim of nostalgia, I have one of the new Fall of Cybertron G2 Bruticus sets in the mail. :)

liegeprime
4th November 2012, 07:48 AM
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/DSC02117.jpg
Welcome to the forum.

aaah G2 and their technicolour/bright colour scheme was awesome, especially if you had to get an ADHD kid's attention for a long period:D
Ebay still has a few of G2 bruticus figures being sold about so if you wanna complete your G2 Bruticus again, it's just a few clicks away ;)

Hope to see you post pics of your collection in the grapple's section - just make your own nice collection thread. We here love looking at collections :D

Enjoy the forum!

Trent
4th November 2012, 08:38 AM
Welcome!

Megatron
4th November 2012, 10:36 AM
Hello and welcome!

GoktimusPrime
4th November 2012, 06:05 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/wb_bw1.jpg

<realises.that.I.don't.have.a.G2.welcome.banner> :o

Iriorne
5th November 2012, 12:10 AM
Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately the bulk of my collection is sitting in a box in Melbourne but I may have to bring it back to Perth with me next time I'm over and organise a photo shoot.

I've thought about replacing my missing Blast Off and Vortex a few times but the cost always puts me off - Blast Off in original packaging is currently over $100 on Ebay! May just have to keep an eye out for cheap second-hand figures. :)

5FDP
5th November 2012, 10:05 AM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6158/drunkprime.jpg

KalEl
5th November 2012, 03:25 PM
Welcome to the boards !!!
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj621/KalElofKrypton87/44583114.jpg

Sam
5th November 2012, 09:44 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum!

GoktimusPrime
5th November 2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately the bulk of my collection is sitting in a box in Melbourne but I may have to bring it back to Perth with me next time I'm over and organise a photo shoot.

I've thought about replacing my missing Blast Off and Vortex a few times but the cost always puts me off - Blast Off in original packaging is currently over $100 on Ebay! May just have to keep an eye out for cheap second-hand figures. :)
Reissues are a cheaper way of collecting G1, and the Combaticons have been reissued. :)

liegeprime
5th November 2012, 11:17 PM
You're after the G2 versions, yeah? Sealed ones are indeed going to be pricy, loose ones will be cheaper.

Iriorne
7th November 2012, 12:09 AM
Yep, will just have to keep an eye out, hopefully some will pop up. There seem to be quite a few G1 editions around if I get desperate. :)

It seems wasteful, if not sacrilegious, to buy a new sealed figure only to rip it out of the package.

Slag
7th November 2012, 10:52 AM
Yep, will just have to keep an eye out, hopefully some will pop up. There seem to be quite a few G1 editions around if I get desperate. :)

I'm sure some will pop up, original or re-issue. I'll keep a look out for you:)

1orion2many
7th November 2012, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the Board:). I think Iriorne is after the G2 versions Gok, If you are going to open and display them don't waste the money on sealed packaging as it's just an extra cost you don't need. I myself in general don't buy old sealed G1 and G2 as I will open them, Also it stops the MISB collectors from crying themselves to sleep when they see these items opened on this forum;):D

Tetsuwan Convoy
7th November 2012, 11:55 PM
Also it stops the MISB collectors from crying themselves to sleep when they see these items opened on this forum;):D
Which is also a good reason FOR buying sealed g1 and g2.

Welcome to the board man! nice to see yet another Perthy join the throng.

we shall rule the board soon!!

GoktimusPrime
8th November 2012, 10:07 AM
I bought most of my G1 sealed and opened those babies right up! :D :p

Iriorne
9th November 2012, 01:10 AM

Cheers! The revolution will begin soon... if we can bothered. ;)

I bought most of my G1 sealed and opened those babies right up! :D :p

I'm not that evil. In principle I have no issue with cracking open the package but my wallet begs to differ. :)

liegeprime
9th November 2012, 06:31 AM
Which is also a good reason FOR buying sealed g1 and g2.

hmmmm, yeaaah, well like postage from Perth , that'll take a while :p:p

@Iriorne: Keep an eye out for some board meetups Perth based - they usually do so especially if there's a toy convention , that way you might spot some of the figures youre missing :D:D plus get to meet up with fellow OTCAers there, much like what we do here in NSW at the Parramatta fair. We may not get anything from the fair but we like to socialize whenever we can :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th November 2012, 03:08 PM
hmmmm, yeaaah, well like postage from Perth , that'll take a while :p:p

ZING! Well said.

Sad but true...

Hursticon
24th November 2012, 11:13 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers! :D

Glad that you've decided to join us. :cool:

Some questions for your consideration good sir! :p
Who is your favourite character & figure?, also which side do your prefer: Autobot or Decepticon/Maximal or Predacon? :cool:

Iriorne
26th November 2012, 10:16 PM
Some questions for your consideration good sir! :p
Who is your favourite character & figure?, also which side do your prefer: Autobot or Decepticon/Maximal or Predacon? :cool:

Thanks!

Answers:
1) G1 Soundwave - Completely loyal to the cause, cool voice and has his own private army of minions. G2 Blast Off is probably a close second, it's the first toy I can remember choosing/owning and I thought it was the most amazing thing ever. :)

2) Decepticon - They were always cooler. I find Autobots really uninteresting for the most part. I know very little about Beast Wars. I've seen snippets here and there but it's never really been my thing. I liked transformers because they turned into jets and trucks and other vehicles. Robots turning into fleshy animals doesn't really do anything for me.

I guess when it comes to Beast Wars I'm on the ambivalent side of dislike. ;)

On a related note I've managed to source replacements for my G2 Blast Off and Vortex at not too ridiculous prices. Vortex should be here any day and Blast Off a few weeks later. So excited!