PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen "Frosty" from Cars 2 in their Target?

Krayt
10th November 2012, 11:08 AM
I have to ask, coz my US friend wants one.... and he helps me and others here out, but all the Targets I've been too say they never even received it :-(

Can anyone help me out?

Sharky
10th November 2012, 11:46 AM
none locally, but you already know, however the local had a sign up saying collector event cars advertised in the christmas catalogue is 2 per person...

there is no vacant spaces on the shelf, with little stock moving in the two days since thursday, there was a barcode/pricetag at one target with the description W7057 Cars Collectors Event asst 2012. $10.00

not sure if this refered to frosty or the silver edition cars....

and is frosty the "chase" mixed in with these cars or seperate promotion....

i wouldnt put it past the staff if they have taken them like they do with the Skylanders "Varients"

Tetsuwan Convoy
10th November 2012, 04:19 PM
Got a picture?

I'll keep an eye out.

jazzcomp
10th November 2012, 04:42 PM
Got a picture?

I'll keep an eye out.
I'd like one as well
http://themattelcarsfiles.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/disney-pixar-cars-2-diecast-next-ultimate-chase-is/

http://themattelcarsfiles.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/frosty-card.png

Krayt
10th November 2012, 07:04 PM
Thats the one....

It was advertised for the current Target cat, but the 7 close stores to me all say they never even received it.... all the others just say sold out, but won't say if they got it or not

Autocon
11th November 2012, 04:40 PM
Saw this in the catalouge, 5 or 6 limited ed cars. I shall hunt for you!!:D

1AZRAEL1
15th November 2012, 09:13 PM
And you want him and the reason why you can't find him in store? The reason is: EBAY. Bet that's where they all gone. One ebay sale has 10 in the one sale. Bloody hell. Lookin at $40+ on ebay.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th November 2012, 09:36 PM
Damn! That's ridiculous!

no wonder I ahve seen NONE.

But plenty of messy dug through cars shelving.

Deonasis
15th November 2012, 09:37 PM
I have added it to my Target prowling and am looking for it for you guys but i've had no luck so far. This is a little something i can do and if i see it i can buy it on sight without fear of being stuck with it.

jazzcomp
15th November 2012, 09:50 PM
And you want him and the reason why you can't find him in store? The reason is: EBAY. Bet that's where they all gone. One ebay sale has 10 in the one sale. Bloody hell. Lookin at $40+ on ebay.
No chance :( to get it then.

I did see a woman looking thru every car in target Macquarie. Could be a collector but didn't look like it.

griffin
15th November 2012, 11:01 PM
So.... who was saying that there aren't scalpers in this country?

jazzcomp
16th November 2012, 08:30 AM
So.... who was saying that there aren't scalpers in this country?
Not me :)

Mr Ed
21st November 2012, 08:06 PM
I got 2 from Target Mount Ommaney

One for me and other for a mate of mine

This would go perfectly with my Mark Winterbottom 1/18 scale v8supercars

jazzcomp
21st November 2012, 08:26 PM
There seems to be a lot of frosty in QLD. Most of the ebay selling are from there.

Can a kind soul get me one please? :D

1AZRAEL1
21st November 2012, 10:26 PM
Can someone grab me one too please? Id be much grateful.

Krayt
21st November 2012, 10:27 PM
And me a couple please!!!! (I did start the thread!!)

Mr Ed
22nd November 2012, 06:19 AM
The horse has bolted guys

The chase models are long gone

Demonac
22nd November 2012, 02:24 PM
They can't be that hard to find.
I just found one at Target Watergardens without looking (it was the first toy on the peg).

jazzcomp
22nd November 2012, 02:30 PM
Please help. Are there more?

Autocon
23rd November 2012, 04:38 PM
The target girl told me there was only going to be 4000 released australia wide and she has had many calls about it.

jazzcomp
7th December 2012, 04:32 PM
I'll offer two chase or this :)

1AZRAEL1
16th December 2012, 06:01 PM
I gave up hunting for one long ago. May have to resort to paying for him on ebay. F***in scalpers :mad::mad::mad:

1AZRAEL1
19th December 2012, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't give up all hope guys, seek and ye shall find. Bought him at blacktown target just now. Looked but couldn't see more.

jazzcomp
19th December 2012, 08:48 AM
pic? :)

1AZRAEL1
19th December 2012, 09:11 AM
I have a pix on Facebook so far, still out and I'll post a picture here when i get home.

Demonac
20th December 2012, 12:35 PM
I just saw about 20 or so of these supposed 'super-chase' Frosty cars at Target.

If anyone still wants one, let me know.

jazzcomp
20th December 2012, 12:56 PM
I want one, please :) or two if allowable ;)

Demonac
20th December 2012, 12:59 PM
I can go back there later tonight and grab a few.
How does $12 for the first, and $15 for subsequent ones sound?

jazzcomp
20th December 2012, 01:03 PM
I think that's fine :) Do you see flash too?

Demonac
20th December 2012, 02:43 PM
I went back and bought 3/4 of the Frosty's they had.
The second photo is what it looked like at Target.

If there isn't much interest, I'll start returning them after Xmas.

Bidoofdude
20th December 2012, 05:26 PM
Isn't that technically scalping, except w/out the price change?
But I see what you're doing by helping us. I thought people would be all over these.

Sharky
20th December 2012, 07:05 PM

i know Krayt might be after a couple still and i wouldnt mind 1 depending on postage costs. can you PM me what target you got them from.?

Demonac
20th December 2012, 07:19 PM
But I see what you're doing by helping us. I thought people would be all over these.

If you want to buy one for $40 from me, then yes, I would be a scalper.

I'm just spreading the Frosty love around. :P

Autocon
20th December 2012, 08:03 PM
I saw some chasers, purple mini etc anyone after those?

Frosty might be in stores now!! Go toy hunting tomorrow:D

jazzcomp
20th December 2012, 10:59 PM
what's a purple mini?

Anyone see the other chases: Russian Racer, Memo Rojas Jr and Long Ge?

griffin
21st December 2012, 01:13 AM

It's not scalping if there isn't a price change... I think you're thinking of him being greedy for buying up so many (if he wasn't thinking of other people as the reason for doing it - if he was being greedy or a scalper, you wouldn't even see his offer posted here, he would have just listed them all on ebay).
Scalping is actually charging an excessive amount, to take advantage of desperate people who are looking for a rare item.
He's only charging an extra $2 to people who just want one, which covers his time and petrol.... and for all we know, he could even be someone who needs the extra money (which wouldn't be much from all these either).
Charging an extra $3 for each additional figure could be in case a person wanted several, with plans of just scalping them on ebay themselves. (how'd you feel if you thought you were helping out others, just to have someone only buy them from you to sell on ebay for twice the price)

1AZRAEL1
21st December 2012, 01:23 AM
Can i grab 2? Jazzcomp, wanna post together?

jazzcomp
21st December 2012, 06:45 AM
Can i grab 2? Jazzcomp, wanna post together?
Sure, just let Demonac know :)

1AZRAEL1
21st December 2012, 06:53 AM
Sure, just let Demonac know :)

Should save on some postage that way.

Demonac, can i grab 4 instead? Jazzcomp and i would like them posted together if that's cool?

jazzcomp
21st December 2012, 07:10 AM
Wish these were there two weeks ago when they were on sale for $8 each with 50% off the second toy. :) but a chase is a chase :)

5FDP
21st December 2012, 08:21 AM
OK... I have to ask - I've been visiting this thread for a couple of weeks now without comment but what I would like to know is, why all the fuss for this one toy? Is it only because it's a 'chase' figure, or are you all HUGE fans of Cars?

Sharky
21st December 2012, 08:32 AM
OK... I have to ask - I've been visiting this thread for a couple of weeks now without comment but what I would like to know is, why all the fuss for this one toy? Is it only because it's a 'chase' figure, or are you all HUGE fans of Cars?

Voiced by Mark Winterbottom in the movie it is an Australia Only Exclusive Superchase which might have something to do with it

so i guess we can always sell it to the yanks for some $$$

but on a side note i love the cars movies

1AZRAEL1
21st December 2012, 10:19 AM
My missus is a ford fan, so is her dad. So need couple signed and couple opened. And a couple ppl i know want him.

Bidoofdude
21st December 2012, 12:51 PM
It's not scalping if there isn't a price change... I think you're thinking of him being greedy for buying up so many (if he wasn't thinking of other people as the reason for doing it - if he was being greedy or a scalper, you wouldn't even see his offer posted here, he would have just listed them all on ebay).
Scalping is actually charging an excessive amount, to take advantage of desperate people who are looking for a rare item.
He's only charging an extra $2 to people who just want one, which covers his time and petrol.... and for all we know, he could even be someone who needs the extra money (which wouldn't be much from all these either).
Charging an extra $3 for each additional figure could be in case a person wanted several, with plans of just scalping them on ebay themselves. (how'd you feel if you thought you were helping out others, just to have someone only buy them from you to sell on ebay for twice the price)
No, I'm not accusing. :) I was just asking if it is a different price, but thanks anyway for pointing it out.

1AZRAEL1
21st December 2012, 01:37 PM
And just to clarify, Im getting 4 because i know people who want them and Im not gonna scalp them :p

Bidoofdude
21st December 2012, 05:37 PM
He's helping people, so that's different.

crankcase76
22nd December 2012, 04:29 PM
I just saw about 20 or so of these supposed 'super-chase' Frosty cars at Target.

If anyone still wants one, let me know.

Any chance on still getting any of the frosty's? If so I 'd love to get one thanks.

Demonac
22nd December 2012, 05:43 PM
Hey,

Yea, I still have a few.

crankcase76
22nd December 2012, 07:35 PM
cool, could you set one aside for me and shoot me a PM with your payment details. postage is to 2747. thanks.:D:D

Zippo
30th December 2012, 06:54 PM
*wanders into the thread*
Anyone able to help me getting a couple of these?

May be too late -- I should start hanging around here again.

Mr Ed
4th January 2013, 08:41 AM

Im honestly surprised how you were able to find so many of them and them lying around like that

In QLD Target's they were all kept out the back.

I was lucky that Mt Ommaney Target rang me and let me have 2, one for me and one for my friend?

Dont you work for Target?

Re concept of scalpers - that's life. You win some and you lose some!

Tarquin
12th January 2013, 12:56 PM
Hi. I work at target in ballarat and we came across a box of 24 in our reserves. So me and a mate looked into it and found out how rare they were so we bought the box. We later spoke to our manager about it and he said most targets in Australia were allocated one box. So I'd say staff have got the box and seen how rare they are and bought the lot of them

griffin
12th January 2013, 01:34 PM
Stores (and employees) in America got into a lot of trouble for doing that sort of thing (staff getting to rare items first for themselves or scalplers waiting for them)... I hope Target does something about it here too.

We might shrug it off or be slightly amused at it being a non-Transformers item, but imagine if this was a limited edition (highly sought after) Transformers toy.... this is the most active and integrated toy collector community in Australia - there would be a riot.
Just look at how much abuse ToysRUs Head Office (and stores) copped with the Masterpiece Optimus, and that was just from short supply. Imagine if that figure had been grabbed and scalped by TRU employees before any of them got to the shelves for consumers.... you'd have a couple hundred very angry people, causing so much trouble for TRU directly and through the media, that TRU would make sure it would never happen again (through policy changes, and firing the staff involved).

Maybe Target Head Office should be made aware of the problem, as it defeats the purpose of their product managers paying a premium for an exclusive, if it ends up driving away customers (angry for not being able to find it, except on ebay) instead of bringing them in (the whole point of store exclusives). Any bad publicity that hurts their brand, and impacts on their sales strategies (paying for exclusive items), won't be something they'd be too happy about.

1AZRAEL1
12th January 2013, 03:53 PM
If that is crap. Something should be done about it. Because it is unfair to the consumer. Seems that the target that deonasis went to actually did the right thing and put them on the floor.

Bidoofdude
28th January 2013, 08:51 PM
Stores (and employees) in America got into a lot of trouble for doing that sort of thing (staff getting to rare items first for themselves or scalplers waiting for them)... I hope Target does something about it here too.

We might shrug it off or be slightly amused at it being a non-Transformers item, but imagine if this was a limited edition (highly sought after) Transformers toy.... this is the most active and integrated toy collector community in Australia - there would be a riot.
Just look at how much abuse ToysRUs Head Office (and stores) copped with the Masterpiece Optimus, and that was just from short supply. Imagine if that figure had been grabbed and scalped by TRU employees before any of them got to the shelves for consumers.... you'd have a couple hundred very angry people, causing so much trouble for TRU directly and through the media, that TRU would make sure it would never happen again (through policy changes, and firing the staff involved).

Maybe Target Head Office should be made aware of the problem, as it defeats the purpose of their product managers paying a premium for an exclusive, if it ends up driving away customers (angry for not being able to find it, except on ebay) instead of bringing them in (the whole point of store exclusives). Any bad publicity that hurts their brand, and impacts on their sales strategies (paying for exclusive items), won't be something they'd be too happy about.

I know TRU head office have copped a LOT from me alright.
But in all seriousness, if this is the case, something has to be done.

Bidoofdude
19th April 2013, 09:01 PM
I saw a bunch at what I believe was either Target Melbourne CBD or Big W CBD, if anyone needs one... :cool::)

Soundwarp
20th April 2013, 07:42 AM
I'd love some

Sinnertwin
20th April 2013, 09:55 AM
Hi. I work at target in ballarat and we came across a box of 24 in our reserves. So me and a mate looked into it and found out how rare they were so we bought the box. We later spoke to our manager about it and he said most targets in Australia were allocated one box. So I'd say staff have got the box and seen how rare they are and bought the lot of them

Awesome. That's serving your community right there.
For those of us who have missed out, or have concerns as to if an item has even seen the shop floor, all sales data; date, time, operator ID, transaction number, staff discount, flybuys, payment method, keycode and most importantly quantity, are stored in-store for 12 months. H/O also has access to this information, if customers were to call raising concerns.