PDA

View Full Version : No new DLC for FoC

theheretic
17th November 2012, 09:25 PM
Well it's finally been answered and I'm very disappointed.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/no-future-downloadable-content-planned-for-transformers-fall-of-cybertron-176328/

Kazza
17th November 2012, 10:30 PM
Yeah that's pretty disappointing, as I've finished the game months back nothing had compel me to play the game again, was hoping for dlc maps to draw me in.

drahsrebu
17th November 2012, 10:54 PM
Very disappointing, they obviously didnt have longevity in mind. Hopefully they learn from this mistake.

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th November 2012, 01:19 PM
A number of our fans have expressed an interst in buying DLC maps, however we feel this will have a negative impact a player's ability to quickly find a full match. This is a major learning we made from War For Cybertron. The addition of paid DLC maps splits the player community between those with the maps and those without.

WHAT? They DON'T want to make product for us to buy?

How come almost every other game that goes online provides maps? Geezaloo High Moon, I am majorly dissappoint!

the DLC has been really crap for FOC imo.

Too expensive by far for what you get and selling you stuff on the disc in the first place.

BOOOO

theheretic
18th November 2012, 01:52 PM
To soften the blow they've told us on a double xp weekend though. So doesn't that make up for it? LOL

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th November 2012, 02:11 PM
To soften the blow they've told us on a double xp weekend though. So doesn't that make up for it? LOL

Totally!

Oh wait, I am not on the PSN at the moment...

In that case NO!

:rolleyes:

griffin
18th November 2012, 05:55 PM
That is so lame (the issue, and the excuse). All the extra stuff was on the disc, so was already created and in our possession - basically, once the game went into production, they shut up shop and moved onto the next project.
I think they'll have more people complaining about this decision, than they claimed to have for the first one having extra maps.
If people were that keen to still want to play the online parts of the first game, they'd buy the extra maps when it starts getting difficult joining games months later. If they weren't that keen to play, they wouldn't buy the extra maps and just go onto another game that they own. Activision already made the sale of the game, so aren't losing any money from those people. And most bought the game during the first few weeks, before extra content came out anyway, so aren't going to lose sales from them either. (by the time people start having problems with joining online games to even impact on word-of-mouth sales, the retail price of the actual game would be a lot less... so the value of what you can get out of it is still the same)

Very disappointing of them.

griffin
18th November 2012, 06:09 PM
It's also bad news for Sludge fans (for a complete set of Dinobots, or any other character missing).

Just read one of the comments on tfw, which had me realise something that High Moon obviously didn't - no extra DLC means more people selling off their game earlier... which means less copies bought at retail during the period that retailers need to sell games at full-price to make it worth discounting the straggler copies later. Other games (not just TFs) can keep selling copies if the game is "renewed" through extra maps/content months or years later.

This is just a lazy, "take the money and run" decision with all their "extra content" already on the disc, that is made worse by claiming something that I never heard was a problem in other games... because the big/popular games do it, and keep doing it.

And if it was "so important" to make this decision to accommodate gamers, then why not come out with it from the start, instead of hiding it until people have to ask them the question. Yes... to make money from the people who wouldn't have bought the game if they knew it wasn't going to be any bigger (to make it more worth the price).

kup
18th November 2012, 07:24 PM
I was hoping for a single player DLC since the main game was so short :(

Mythirax
20th November 2012, 08:13 PM
I was hoping for a single player DLC since the main game was so short :(

This is why I played it through on every difficulty, lasted a lot longer :D

Quickstrike
20th November 2012, 08:49 PM
It's Activision we're talking about. High Moon have probably been too busy working on Black Ops 2 maps.

Were the map packs in War for Cybertron popular? Were they any good? I wonder if it's just a case of no one buying them for the first game so they didn't bother making maps for the second game.

theheretic
20th November 2012, 09:50 PM
I bought them originally mostly for the escalation maps and they were great. But escalation in FoC is all sorta of fail. The added characters were good too.

1orion2many
20th November 2012, 11:00 PM
I haven't bought the game yet so I'm looking forward to a cheap version now:D

Trent
21st November 2012, 09:34 AM
It's a bit of a joke. Good thing I didn't waste money on the on-disc packs. Think I'll trade the game in toward something else.

I bought them originally mostly for the escalation maps and they were great. But escalation in FoC is all sorta of fail. The added characters were good too.

This.

Bidoofdude
22nd November 2012, 11:51 AM
Isn't it sort of possible for some expert hacker to get the extras? Or is it different than what I thought.

kaiden
22nd November 2012, 12:22 PM
Isn't it sort of possible for some expert hacker to get the extras? Or is it different than what I thought.

yeah day 1, people had hacked to get the DLC stuff for free - wheeljack and perceptor in MP. I'm not sure about the others.